The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 3/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, Nameless said:

Moni grumbled something under her breath, but followed 655 reluctantly.

As the group approached the tree, they saw its scars more clearly. It wasn't pretty. The tree's bark and flesh was splintered as well as charred, as if whatever had struck it had also blown it to pieces. The tree's glow - for it was glowing, just like the threads that filled the sky - was flickering haphazardly, like a dying man's breath. Fallen leaves lined the floor, marked also with withered blackness.

The survey felt... something.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

As the group approached the tree, they saw its scars more clearly. It wasn't pretty. The tree's bark and flesh was splintered as well as charred, as if whatever had struck it had also blown it to pieces. The tree's glow - for it was glowing, just like the threads that filled the sky - was flickering haphazardly, like a dying man's breath. Fallen leaves lined the floor, marked also with withered blackness.

The survey felt... something.

Moni was very concerned. "Anyone have any idea how to fix it?"

34 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Was it fear? Was it a sinister presence? Was it a desire to destroy? Was it... hunger? Did the Survey even eat?

It was pain.

30 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni was very concerned. "Anyone have any idea how to fix it?"

The Wanderer shook her head. "Where even is this place?"

The survey was unsettled.

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

It was pain.

The Wanderer shook her head. "Where even is this place?"

"It's important, that's all I know," 655 answered. "And X's avatar came here before disappearing... I guess that's kind of obvious."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It's important, that's all I know," 655 answered. "And X's avatar came here before disappearing... I guess that's kind of obvious."

Moni gestured at the dead avatars. "Shouldn't X have prevented this? Or at least noticed it?"

The clearing is still and undisturbed. No corpses line the floor; no scars line the walls.

-then-then-then-

The armies of X face <the figure shrouded in mist>. They are as helpless as the sand against the coming tide. 

X wants to know why?

-then-again-then-

The Witherlord looks at <the army>. He sees <the tree>. 

This is the end.

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The clearing is still and undisturbed. No corpses line the floor; no scars line the walls.

-then-then-then-

The armies of X face <the figure shrouded in mist>. They are as helpless as the sand against the coming tide. 

X wants to know why?

-then-again-then-

The Witherlord looks at <the army>. He sees <the tree>. 

This is the end.

Moni stumbled back, falling to the ground. "What was that?"

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Ash re-followed the thread just in time to catch what might be the end of the universe.

"Is this the end of the universe?"

Nameless shook his head. "It's the end of one universe. I don't think the universe can end.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Moni shook her head. "I saw... something."

The Wanderer frowned, touching the tree. Light flashed at her fingertips and in her eyes and she yelped, pulling her fingers away as if burned.

"Memories," she said.

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Wanderer frowned, touching the tree. Light flashed at her fingertips and in her eyes and she yelped, pulling her fingers away as if burned.

"Memories," she said.

Moni stared up at the tree. "Something happened here. Why didn't X prevent this? or tell anyone about it?"