The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless stared at him. "You know Thaidakar, that might be the smartest thing I've heard you say. I don't need a lab. I need a forge." He smiled and disappeared, blocking his trail so that Thaidakar couldn't follow him."

I dunno. This one wouldn't really be in Nameless' character. He doesn't like Thaidakar much right now, and wouldn't accept his help unless he was desperate.

Thaidakar shrugged.

the idea wasn't related to that, it was more *waves hands in the air* related to who Nameless turned out to actually be, but I will leave that to you, and besides I just thought of a reason why that wouldn't work.

He looked around, as if trying to find a place to go. His stomach rumbled, "hmm, I'm hungry," he said stating the obvious. he had to stop calling himself just HE. He decided to call himself Elfain. 

Elfain sighed as he spotted an apple tree in the distance, he walked forward as fast as he could.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He looked around, as if trying to find a place to go. His stomach rumbled, "hmm, I'm hungry," he said stating the obvious. he had to stop calling himself just HE. He decided to call himself Elfain. 

Elfain sighed as he spotted an apple tree in the distance, he walked forward as fast as he could.

Next to the tree there sat a man in golden armor.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Next to the tree there sat a man in golden armor.

Mythos looked up and said, "hello."

Elfain looked at him, a confused look on his face, "who are you?"

A look of intense anger was on Mythos' face, "you mean you don't know who I am? you must have hit your head hard Rond."

Rond widened his eyes, memories started to come back, slowly but steadily.

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos looked up and said, "hello."

Elfain looked at him, a confused look on his face, "who are you?"

A look of intense anger was on Mythos' face, "you mean you don't know who I am? you must have hit your head hard Rond."

Rond widened his eyes, memories started to come back, slowly but steadily.

Rond blinked. "I... Mythos? Why are you so angry? What did I...do to deserve..." He crumpled to his knees. "I- I didn't mean... I only... only wanted to..." He trailed off, squeezing his eyes shut in horror.

Rond blinked. "I... Mythos? Why are you so angry? What did I...do to deserve..." He crumpled to his knees. "I- I didn't mean... I only... only wanted to..." He trailed off, squeezing his eyes shut in horror.

... no, I have plans for Rond.

Rond looked at Mythos and smiled, "experiment #295 you have grown!"

Mythos groaned, "for the last time I am MYTHOS!"

Rond's lips curled, "I was the one who saved you from the Witherlord, you should thank me!"

Mythos frowned coldly, "Rond, any last words?"

Rond drew his narration blade and said, "I'm not going down without a fight."

Mythos smiled as darkness appeared around his hands, "waste of words."

Thaidakar appeared, "NO! DON'T KILL HIM!"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

... no, I have plans for Rond.

Well he lost his memories. Unless he's always been as evil as he is now, he'd have a moment of horror at what he's become before becoming that again.

The voice in Mythos' head returned. "Do you blame this one for how you turned out? Or perhaps you blame the Witherlord. Would you kill them to atone for your crimes?

Just now, Nameless said:

Well he lost his memories. Unless he's always been as evil as he is now, he'd have a moment of horror at what he's become before becoming that again.

The voice in Mythos' head returned. "Do you blame this one for how you turned out? Or perhaps you blame the Witherlord. Would you kill them to atone for your crimes?

well, he sees things in a different way than most people

Mythos sighed and whispered, "no, NO!"

Thaidakar cocked his head, "Mythos, are you okay?"

Mythos shook his head, "get out of my way Thaidakar, I have a scientist to kill."

Thaidakar's expression hardened, "not on my watch." 

Rond sat down and ate some popcorn as he watched the encounter.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well, he sees things in a different way than most people

Has he always seen them that way?

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos sighed and whispered, "no, NO!"

Thaidakar cocked his head, "Mythos, are you okay?"

Mythos shook his head, "get out of my way Thaidakar, I have a scientist to kill."

Thaidakar's expression hardened, "not on my watch." 

Rond sat down and ate some popcorn as he watched the encounter.

"oh, now this is interesting." the voice cackled happily. "Who is Thaidakar to you? would you kill him to get your revenge on this... Rond?"

Just now, Nameless said:

Has he always seen them that way?

well, not really. when he was in Thaidakar's backstory no. when he began researching stuff with Nowhere he had begun on that path

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"oh, now this is interesting." the voice cackled happily. "Who is Thaidakar to you? would you kill him to get your revenge on this... Rond?"

Mythos gritted his teeth, ignoring Torment. 

Thaidakar drew his narration blade. the audience were at the edge of their seats. 

Mythos summoned his armor and sword. the Lythia blade was enhanced by narrator powers so it was a good match for Thaidakar's weapon. 

"You really want to do this?" asked Thaidakar, in his battle position.

Mythos smiled grimly, "I would ask the same question of you, but I know what you would answer."

"then you do." said Thaidakar. 

"just get out of my way!" said Mythos, starting to run forward, sword up.

"No way." Thaidakar summoned narration armor.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos gritted his teeth, ignoring Torment. 

Thaidakar drew his narration blade. the audience were at the edge of their seats. 

Mythos summoned his armor and sword. the Lythia blade was enhanced by narrator powers so it was a good match for Thaidakar's weapon. 

"You really want to do this?" asked Thaidakar, in his battle position.

Mythos smiled grimly, "I would ask the same question of you, but I know what you would answer."

"then you do." said Thaidakar. 

"just get out of my way!" said Mythos, starting to run forward, sword up.

"No way." Thaidakar summoned narration armor.

A chilling sensation crawled up Mythos' spine. He had an uncomfortable feeling that the creature inside his head was smiling. "This will be fun. A duel with another narrator. And one whom you seem to like too. Such uncertainty." 

Just now, Nameless said:

A chilling sensation crawled up Mythos' spine. He had an uncomfortable feeling that the creature inside his head was smiling. "This will be fun. A duel with another narrator. And one whom you seem to like too. Such uncertainty." 

Mythos growled as he clashed with Thaidakar. they exchanged blows, through gritted teeth he said, "no, not fun, intense maybe, probably insane, but most of all, full of destiny."

Mythos growled as he clashed with Thaidakar. they exchanged blows, through gritted teeth he said, "no, not fun, intense maybe, probably insane, but most of all, full of destiny."

The voice seemed to subside as Mythos fought Thaidakar. Mythos began to think that perhaps it meant to only wat-his sword arm slowed briefly. Just a hair, but it was enough to let Thaidakar land a blow, cracking Mythos' Shardplate.

The voice seemed to subside as Mythos fought Thaidakar. Mythos began to think that perhaps it meant to only wat-his sword arm slowed briefly. Just a hair, but it was enough to let Thaidakar land a blow, cracking Mythos' Shardplate.

cracking it slightly. Mythos grimaced and drained stormlight out of his stores, with his powers he was able to draw stormlight from distant places. He glowed and the shardplate healed itself. Mythos blocked swiftly. Thaidakar and Mythos battled swiftly, they were incomparable opponents, they were of nearly equal skill, Thaidakar being a hair better.

Rond watched at the edge of his seat as the action unfolded.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

cracking it slightly. Mythos grimaced and drained stormlight out of his stores, with his powers he was able to draw stormlight from distant places. He glowed and the shardplate healed itself. Mythos blocked swiftly. Thaidakar and Mythos battled swiftly, they were incomparable opponents, they were of nearly equal skill, Thaidakar being a hair better.

Rond watched at the edge of his seat as the action unfolded.

Mythos felt a weakness to his powers. The stormlight seemed almost dull in his veins. The normally raging storm now a slight pattering of rain. Distantly, quietly, he heard a sound in his head. A slight... straining noise. As if whatever creature had taken up residence within his head was deep in concentration.

Edited by Nameless

Just now, Nameless said:

Mythos felt a weakness to his powers. The stormlight seemed almost dull in his veins. The normally raging storm now slight patter. Distantly, quietly, he heard a sound in his head. A slight... straining noise. As if whatever creature had taken up residence within his head was deep in concentration.

Mythos teleported back a few feet, letting Thaidakar run forward, giving him a few seconds to do something. He concentrated on the creature, trying to disturb it slightly. he shook it as best he could, stormlight rushing into him, he took a deep breath, the storm was back. 

Thaidakar made it to Mythos and they clashed swords.

Mythos teleported back a few feet, letting Thaidakar run forward, giving him a few seconds to do something. He concentrated on the creature, trying to disturb it slightly. he shook it as best he could, stormlight rushing into him, he took a deep breath, the storm was back. 

Thaidakar made it to Mythos and they clashed swords.

As he engaged Thaidakar this time, Mythos felt a slowness to his limbs. They seemed to move just a little too slowly to block Thaidakar's barrage of strikes, leaving his Shardplate to take far too many hits. And... was it his imagination, or was that armor cracking too quickly? Most of Thaidakar's blows had been glancing at best, yet cracks ran over practically the entire chestplate. And his helm was nearly broken, and it hadn't taken more than a few blows.

Just now, Nameless said:

As he engaged Thaidakar this time, Mythos felt a slowness to his limbs. They seemed to move just a little too slowly to block Thaidakar's barrage of strikes, leaving his Shardplate to take far too many hits. And... was it his imagination, or was that armor cracking too quickly? Most of Thaidakar's blows had been glancing at best, yet cracks ran over practically the entire chestplate. And his helm was nearly broken, and it hadn't taken more than a few blows.

Mythos suddenly sighed, "this is going nowhere." Nowhere perked up and then perked down, they weren't talking about him.

Thaidakar smiled, "well, that is true. ready to surrender?"

Mythos rolled his eyes, "well, not really, but I'm pretty sure Rond is evil."

Mythos suddenly sighed, "this is going nowhere." Nowhere perked up and then perked down, they weren't talking about him.

Thaidakar smiled, "well, that is true. ready to surrender?"

Mythos rolled his eyes, "well, not really, but I'm pretty sure Rond is evil."

That chilling sensation was back. "That was a nice fight, wasn't it? Too bad you had the sense to end it before something... unfortunate happened."

Just now, Nameless said:

That chilling sensation was back. "That was a nice fight, wasn't it? Too bad you had the sense to end it before something... unfortunate happened."

Mythos sighed, "Torment, can you just stop?"

Thaidakar cocked his head, "who's that?"

"Noone," said Mythos angrily.

Thaidakar shrugged and then said, "anyways, why do you think Rond is evil? I have known Rond most of my life! he wouldn't do anything evil!"

Nowhere appeared beside Thaidakar, he put his hand on his shoulder, "I'm afraid that is no longer true my friend."

Thaidakar turned he smiled widely, suprised, "Nalazin? where've you been?"

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

Moni jumped. "Storms. Is that what Silence sounds like?"

Have you really never met one of us before? said the voice, surprised.

In a flash of dark, Moni, 655, the Wanderer, and Professor Jones were all rendered invisible.

--

From the sky, a dark streak slammed into the ground.

The Witherlord stood up, features wreathed in mist, and surveyed the scene.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Have you really never met one of us before? said the voice, surprised.

In a flash of dark, Moni, 655, the Wanderer, and Professor Jones were all rendered invisible.

--

From the sky, a dark streak slammed into the ground.

The Witherlord stood up, features wreathed in mist, and surveyed the scene.

is the witherlord at the place where Professor Jones and the others are at?