The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else nodded slowly, staring at the burning house. "Poor Someone, I have to say. They always mistook him for me. I guess he thought that it was over, after all these years. I guess it finally is, for him." He sighed sadly and walked up to Someone's daughter, who was quite inconsolable.

Rond looked evilly at the scene and laughed.

Mythos grimaced and teleported there. he went to Someone else and Someone's daughter and tried to help them as much as he could.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond looked evilly at the scene and laughed.

Mythos grimaced and teleported there. he went to Someone else and Someone's daughter and tried to help them as much as he could.

Someone else was telling more of his story to his grandchildren. "Why did I want the knife? Well, that's simple. I wanted it t-" he jumped as Mythos appeared, reacting instinctively by stabbing him in the chest.

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else was telling more of his story to his grandchildren. "Why did I want the knife? Well, that's simple. I wanted it t-" he jumped as Mythos appeared, reacting instinctively by stabbing him in the chest.

Mythos grabbed the knife out of his chest and rolled his eyes, healing instantly, "hello Someone Else."

Mythos grabbed the knife out of his chest and rolled his eyes, healing instantly, "hello Someone Else."

Someone else smiled weakly. "Oh. Mythos was it? Good to see you, I suppose. Sorry about stabbing you, but at least it wasn't the Earwaxium knife, eh?" he chuckled nervously. "What brings you here?"

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else smiled weakly. "Oh. Mythos was it? Good to see you, I suppose. Sorry about stabbing you, but at least it wasn't the Earwaxium knife, eh?" he chuckled nervously. "What brings you here?"

Mythos rolled his eyes, "how did we defeat the witherlord?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos rolled his eyes, "how did we defeat the witherlord?"

Someone else looked at Mythos oddly. "I don't know. That kind of thing... well, after all this time travel, I can barely remember my own past, let alone something I was barely involved in."

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else looked at Mythos oddly. "I don't know. That kind of thing... well, after all this time travel, I can barely remember my own past, let alone something I was barely involved in."

Mythos looked at Someone Else, he considered and then said softly, "I know you are lying, but by now I don't care." Mythos then said as he was walking off, "tell Rond hi for me." Mythos left behind an Afterimage as he disappeared in a bright flash.

Mythos looked at Someone Else, he considered and then said softly, "I know you are lying, but by now I don't care." Mythos then said as he was walking off, "tell Rond hi for me." Mythos left behind an Afterimage as he disappeared in a bright flash.

Someone else looked at Afterimage thoughtfully. "Would you like to hear the rest of my story?"

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Afterimage nodded grumpily.

Someone else smiled as he sat back down in his rocking chair. "So there I was, back against a wall, Nobody and Impossible bearing down on me with death in their eyes..."

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Meanwhile, Rond son son Roofy wore cheese the day he was to kill a god.

Which god? Only Rond knew that.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Nameless chopped the vines holding him, leaping up into the sky to avoid them. "Oh come on. You're really going to try and kill me? After all that friendly conversation? Honestly. Why do you even want to kill me? Aside from the whole 'I'm an evil force of chaos and death' thing. I'm not going to interfere with your plans for Moni unless you try to kill her. A little strife is good for an avatar."

"Where is she?" the Witherlord demanded.

--

"He's not dead, right?" 655 asked. "I mean, surely he can't die?"

He shouldn't be able to, no, the mime replied. However, you saw the scene of the crime.

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else smiled as he sat back down in his rocking chair. "So there I was, back against a wall, Nobody and Impossible bearing down on me with death in their eyes..."

Nowhere stepped up and said, "I will spare you, but only if we do one deal, you will serve me for fifteen years. swear it on the life of your grandchildren and great grandchildren, until the fifth generation beyond. If you break this deal I will kill them myself."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Which god? Only Rond knew that.

for there were many. But Rond wasn't going to kill just a god as there were many of those, he was going to kill the god. the god of gods. a god among gods. he was going to kill Elephant Earwax himself.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Where is she?" the Witherlord demanded.

Nameless' face hardened. "I will never tell you."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"He's not dead, right?" 655 asked. "I mean, surely he can't die?"

He shouldn't be able to, no, the mime replied. However, you saw the scene of the crime.

"What was that tree? Was it just the center of a universe, like the mechanic was the center of the Gearverse?

Nowhere stepped up and said, "I will spare you, but only if we do one deal, you will serve me for fifteen years. swear it on the life of your grandchildren and great grandchildren, until the fifth generation beyond. If you break this deal I will kill them myself."

Someone else continued. "Now, brave man as I was, there was only one response I could give those rapscallions."

--

Someone else fell to his knees. "I swear it. I'll serve you. Just please don't kill me. I have a family."

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else fell to his knees. "I swear it. I'll serve you. Just please don't kill me. I have a family."

Nowhere nodded, "I am a just man, I just don't take kindly to being snuck up on." He put his hand on Someone else's shoulder, "stand my dear man, we have work to do."

Nowhere nodded, "I am a just man, I just don't take kindly to being snuck up on." He put his hand on Someone else's shoulder, "stand my dear man, we have work to do."

Leaning back in his chair, Someone else lit his pipe. "And that was the tale of how I entered into the service of Nowhere. Strange man, Nowhere. Why, the first thing he wanted me to do was quite out of the ordinary."

Just now, Nameless said:

Leaning back in his chair, Someone else lit his pipe. "And that was the tale of how I entered into the service of Nowhere. Strange man, Nowhere. Why, the first thing he wanted me to do was quite out of the ordinary."

Nowhere smiled, "the first order of business is to hunt down Rond, on the way to my lair I will tell you who he is."

Nowhere smiled, "the first order of business is to hunt down Rond, on the way to my lair I will tell you who he is."

"I... hunt down? I'm just a baker. I'm no good at hunting people down."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"I... hunt down? I'm just a baker. I'm no good at hunting people down."

Nowhere smiled kindly, "then you shall learn." he turned to Impossible, "you will start training him, I want him highly skilled by the end of the year."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere smiled kindly, "then you shall learn." he turned to Impossible, "you will start training him, I want him highly skilled by the end of the year."

Impossible looked up, mouth full of muffin. "Ohf coorce sur. Oi'll-" He gulped, swallowing. "I'll have him ready."

--

"What followed was an interesting year. I learned a lot of things about fighting. And a lot about hunting people too. And a lot about hunting people." someone else smiled. "But mostly, I learned a lot about cooking. I had a lot less time to do it, you see, so I had to adapt. By the end of that year, I could make a cake in under fifteen minutes, icing and all."

Just now, Nameless said:

Impossible looked up, mouth full of muffin. "Ohf coorce sur. Oi'll-" He gulped, swallowing. "I'll have him ready."

--

"What followed was an interesting year. I learned a lot of things about fighting. And a lot about hunting people too. And a lot about hunting people." someone else smiled. "But mostly, I learned a lot about cooking. I had a lot less time to do it, you see, so I had to adapt. By the end of that year, I could make a cake in under fifteen minutes, icing and all."

his grandchildren were impressed.

Nowhere rolled his eyes.

the following year was filled with fun, battle, and chasing. they tracked Rond all across the universe. a few times they got close to catching him but Rond had narrowly escaped. 

________

the group lounged around a campfire in the rain forest, Someone Else making a cake out of scratch, Impossible sharpening his sword and Nowhere staring off into the distance, suddenly they heard a noice. immediately the group covered the campfire and packed at lightning speed, they gripped their weapons and got into battle positions.

the group lounged around a campfire in the rain forest, Someone Else making a cake out of scratch, Impossible sharpening his sword and Nowhere staring off into the distance, suddenly they heard a noice. immediately the group covered the campfire and packed at lightning speed, they gripped their weapons and got into battle positions.

As quick as they were, their attackers were quicker. Fire erupted around the camp, blinding the group and sending someone else to the ground, stunned. He struggled back to his feet, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the harsh light of the fires. As confused as he was, it was no surprise he didn't notice the arrow heading for him until it was too late.

--

"It was Rond, you see. Or at least I think it was." Someone else stared into the fireplace, where a heater fabrial had long since replaced the crackling flame. "I figure he'd gotten awful tired of being chased, so he decided to have his agents do some chasing of their own. Regardless of who it was, that's how I lost me leg. arrow was poisoned, and we had no choice but to chop the thing off."

33 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless' face hardened. "I will never tell you."

"We will see about that," the Witherlord declared as the vines tightened.

33 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"What was that tree? Was it just the center of a universe, like the mechanic was the center of the Gearverse?

Yes and no. It is a place outside of reality looking in.

Just now, Nameless said:

As quick as they were, their attackers were quicker. Fire erupted around the camp, blinding the group and sending someone else to the ground, stunned. He struggled back to his feet, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the harsh light of the fires. As confused as he was, it was no surprise he didn't notice the arrow heading for him until it was too late.

--

"It was Rond, you see. Or at least I think it was." Someone else stared into the fireplace, where a heater fabrial had long since replaced the crackling flame. "I figure he'd gotten awful tired of being chased, so he decided to have his agents do some chasing of their own. Regardless of who it was, that's how I lost me leg. arrow was poisoned, and we had no choice but to chop the thing off."

Rond smiled as he landed, his jet boots whirring gently as he landed in a poof of dust. his agents battled his enemies, they were fierce as chasm fiends, but Nowhere and his men were not people to be trifled with. good thing Rond knew what he was doing.

Nowhere stabbed the agent in the chest, the blood and gore landed around with a loud splat! Nearby Impossible defeated two at once. That man!, thought Nowhere. Meanwhile Someone Else was fighting like a beast, he had really gotten better over the past year. Suddenly Rond ran forward towards Nowhere, Nowhere gripped his sword to prepare for the fight.

Rond landed, sword out, expression blank. "Nowhere, Nowhere, Nowhere, haven't you learned yet to leave me alone when I have a plan in mind?"

"I'm not know because of my obedience." They clashed.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We will see about that," the Witherlord declared as the vines tightened.

Nameless didn't flinch. "You think pain frightens me?" He started laughing.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes and no. It is a place outside of reality looking in.

"And it's destroyed now?"

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond smiled as he landed, his jet boots whirring gently as he landed in a poof of dust. his agents battled his enemies, they were fierce as chasm fiends, but Nowhere and his men were not people to be trifled with. good thing Rond knew what he was doing.

Nowhere stabbed the agent in the chest, the blood and gore landed around with a loud splat! Nearby Impossible defeated two at once. That man!, thought Nowhere. Meanwhile Someone Else was fighting like a beast, he had really gotten better over the past year. Suddenly Rond ran forward towards Nowhere, Nowhere gripped his sword to prepare for the fight.

Rond landed, sword out, expression blank. "Nowhere, Nowhere, Nowhere, haven't you learned yet to leave me alone when I have a plan in mind?"

"I'm not know because of my obedience." They clashed.

Someone else stood up, robotic leg making a whirring noise, stormlight glowing at the knee. "I don't really remember much about that battle, I'm afraid. I'm not sure I believe half of what Nowhere and Impossible told me afterwards, to be honest, but I don't see why they'd have any reason to lie."

--

Rond knocked Nowhere to the ground, kicking the sword out of his hand. He smiled. Everything was going to plan. He looked around, seeing Impossible pressured by several agents, barely fending off their blows. he looked right just in time to see someone else, screaming, covered in blood and gore with an arrow sticking out of his leg leaping towards him.

--

"They told me I ripped his arm off and was halfway through beating him to death with it before his agents could get me off of him. I don't remember that myself, of course. I woke up two weeks later with a terrible headache and right leg."

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Which was well. Rond was in fact evil, but not knowingly. he was mentally insane.

can you be physically insane?

The Quarkbeast alternated between the mime lair, watching the witherlord, and watching the Nowhere/Rond battle. It had taken a liking to Someone else. It alternated between the three places so quickly that it didn't miss anything. It waited patiently, knowing that eventually, there would be a use for its stomachblade. Also, it was hungry.