The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Someone else stood up, robotic leg making a whirring noise, stormlight glowing at the knee. "I don't really remember much about that battle, I'm afraid. I'm not sure I believe half of what Nowhere and Impossible told me afterwards, to be honest, but I don't see why they'd have any reason to lie."

--

Rond knocked Nowhere to the ground, kicking the sword out of his hand. He smiled. Everything was going to plan. He looked around, seeing Impossible pressured by several agents, barely fending off their blows. he looked right just in time to see someone else, screaming, covered in blood and gore with an arrow sticking out of his leg leaping towards him.

--

"They told me I ripped his arm off and was halfway through beating him to death with it before his agents could get me off of him. I don't remember that myself, of course. I woke up two weeks later with a terrible headache and right leg."

loving this story format

Rond jumped back, the lump that had once been his arm bleeding profusely. He screamed calling for his agents who lifted him up onto the helicopter. They left leaving Nowhere, Impossible and Someone else injured, all unconscious.

Nowhere woke that morning with the stench of blood and sweat in his nose. he groaned, he felt pain everywhere. He sat up, a sharp pain in his stomach. he grabbed his nearby sword and used it to prop himself up. He grunted. The ground was red from dry blood. fifteen dead bodies lingered on the ground, a rotting smell coming from them. flies roamed around the site. A stream lay several feet from him, he limped over there and took a drink from the fresh water and washed himself.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

loving this story format

Same.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere woke that morning with the stench of blood and sweat in his nose. he groaned, he felt pain everywhere. He sat up, a sharp pain in his stomach. he grabbed his nearby sword and used it to prop himself up. He grunted. The ground was red from dry blood. fifteen dead bodies lingered on the ground, a rotting smell coming from them. flies roamed around the site. A stream lay several feet from him, he limped over there and took a drink from the fresh water and washed himself.

On his way back, he saw Impossible, who had a gash in his leg, tending to someone else. "He had an arrow in his leg. Looks like it was poisoned." He looked up grimly. "I took it out, but if we don't get him to a doctor quick he's not going to make it."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Same.

On his way back, he saw Impossible, who had a gash in his leg, tending to someone else. "He had an arrow in his leg. Looks like it was poisoned." He looked up grimly. "I took it out, but if we don't get him to a doctor quick he's not going to make it."

Nowhere nodded, "do you still have the teleportation disc?"

Impossible nodded, "I barely managed to keep it in one piece, where should we go?"

"Mythos, he will help us." said Nowhere grimly.

Impossible nodded. he began fiddling with the device. as he did Nowhere asked him, "did you see where Rond went?"

"no," Impossible shook his head, "I was out before he did."

"that sucks." Nowhere said, he found a bandage kit and started wrapping his injuries in bandages.

Impossible said, "it's ready, should we go now?"

"yes." Nowhere said. Impossible pressed a button and they disappeared.

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless didn't flinch. "You think pain frightens me?" He started laughing.

"It doesn't need to," the Witherlord replied.

24 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"And it's destroyed now?"

The tree was a representation of a piece of reality. A piece of reality the Witherlord wanted destroyed rather badly, it would seem.

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere nodded, "do you still have the teleportation disc?"

Impossible nodded, "I barely managed to keep it in one piece, where should we go?"

"Mythos, he will help us." said Nowhere grimly.

Impossible nodded. he began fiddling with the device. as he did Nowhere asked him, "did you see where Rond went?"

"no," Impossible shook his head, "I was out before he did."

"that sucks." Nowhere said, he found a bandage kit and started wrapping his injuries in bandages.

Impossible said, "it's ready, should we go now?"

"yes." Nowhere said. Impossible pressed a button and they disappeared.

Nowhere yawned, waking up. He started walking to someone else's sickroom to check on him, but stopped. he could smell bacon cooking. He headed to the kitchen instead.

--

"So that was the end of my days in the field. For a while at least. I'd say it was for the best, anyways. Turns out I was better at research than fighting."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nowhere yawned, waking up. He started walking to someone else's sickroom to check on him, but stopped. he could smell bacon cooking. He headed to the kitchen instead.

--

"So that was the end of my days in the field. For a while at least. I'd say it was for the best, anyways. Turns out I was better at research than fighting."

it had been a month since the incident. Mythos, Nowhere, Impossible and Someone Else were living together at Nowhere's base. Mythos and Nowhere had found a way that Mythos could be there without being affected by the earwaxium.

Nowhere walked into the kitchen. Mythos was sitting at the table eating bacon and eggs while talking about historical battles with Impossible while Someone Else was making breakfast while humming a song.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It doesn't need to," the Witherlord replied.

"Oh? Then what does it need to do?"

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The tree was a representation of a piece of reality. A piece of reality the Witherlord wanted destroyed rather badly, it would seem.

"That's... interesting. What was-" Moni massaged her forehead. "What was in that piece of reality?"

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

it had been a month since the incident. Mythos, Nowhere, Impossible and Someone Else were living together at Nowhere's base. Mythos and Nowhere had found a way that Mythos could be there without being affected by the earwaxium.

Nowhere walked into the kitchen. Mythos was sitting at the table eating bacon and eggs while talking about historical battles with Impossible while Someone Else was making breakfast while humming a song.

Someone else nodded to Nowhere as he put breakfast on the table. "I'll just be in my office, working on getting through those reports from Anything." He walked a bit unsteadily to his office, still not entirely used to his peg leg, before closing the door and sitting down at his desk. A quick flip through his hacked security cam feed to make sure no one was coming, and he opened up the secret compartment in his desk, pulling out a blinking spanreed and hitting the button that opened the compartment in the ceiling. A partially-finished prosthetic leg was lowered down to onto the desk. He set up the spanreed and started writing. "I've finished the internal structure necessary to fix the leg onto my spiritual aspect and allow me to control it, but I haven't managed to find any spren willing to manifest properly. But I have found an alternative." Someone else glanced at the camera feed again to be sure no one was coming, then pulled out a shard of Narrativium. "Something that might work even better."

--

Someone else sat back down with a grin on his face. "I spent the better part of a year working on my leg in secret, working with the best artifabrians around, gathering supplies from Nowhere's informants and agents. At the end of it, I had this baby right here." He slapped his right leg, glowing with stormlight. "Well, with this thing, I could walk normally again. And more." He chuckled. "Nowhere wasn't too happy when he found out what I'd been doing behind his back, of course."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Someone else nodded to Nowhere as he put breakfast on the table. "I'll just be in my office, working on getting through those reports from Anything." He walked a bit unsteadily to his office, still not entirely used to his peg leg, before closing the door and sitting down at his desk. A quick flip through his hacked security cam feed to make sure no one was coming, and he opened up the secret compartment in his desk, pulling out a blinking spanreed and hitting the button that opened the compartment in the ceiling. A partially-finished prosthetic leg was lowered down to onto the desk. He set up the spanreed and started writing. "I've finished the internal structure necessary to fix the leg onto my spiritual aspect and allow me to control it, but I haven't managed to find any spren willing to manifest properly. But I have found an alternative." Someone else glanced at the camera feed again to be sure no one was coming, then pulled out a shard of Narrativium. "Something that might work even better."

--

Someone else sat back down with a grin on his face. "I spent the better part of a year working on my leg in secret, working with the best artifabrians around, gathering supplies from Nowhere's informants and agents. At the end of it, I had this baby right here." He slapped his right leg, glowing with stormlight. "Well, with this thing, I could walk normally again. And more." He chuckled. "Nowhere wasn't too happy when he found out what I'd been doing behind his back, of course."

Someone else's grandson Nobody Else asked, "whoa! you tell the best stories Grampa! Impossible is my favorite character so far!"

--

Nowhere nodded as he ate the food, good as always. He turned to Mythos and Impossible, "any news on Rond's movements?"

Mythos shook his head, "no, we did find an old lab of his."

Nowhere said, "really? did it have anything important in it?"

Impossible smiled, "yes, there were a bunch of files we could have Someone Else start working on soon, I hope he can focus on something beside that leg of his."

Nowhere nodded, "yeah, we need to keep him occupied, I remember how devastated he was when he woke up from the coma."

All three of them nodded sadly.

57 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

From what we've been able to gather, the mime replied, X.

Moni nodded slowly, then stumbled. "That's... interesting." She wavered, leaning against a wall for support. "I'm sorry," She said faintly, "I don't really... feel very well."

36 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Someone else's grandson Nobody Else asked, "whoa! you tell the best stories Grampa! Impossible is my favorite character so far!"

--

Nowhere nodded as he ate the food, good as always. He turned to Mythos and Impossible, "any news on Rond's movements?"

Mythos shook his head, "no, we did find an old lab of his."

Nowhere said, "really? did it have anything important in it?"

Impossible smiled, "yes, there were a bunch of files we could have Someone Else start working on soon, I hope he can focus on something beside that leg of his."

Nowhere nodded, "yeah, we need to keep him occupied, I remember how devastated he was when he woke up from the coma."

All three of them nodded sadly.

Someone else smiled at his grandson. "Thank you. I'm afraid this story is coming to an end, however. As all stories must. You see, I didn't spend all that  time making the best leg in the entire world just so I could get back into field work. And making that leg wasn't my only secret." His smile turned a little melancholy. "Not by a long shot. And at the end of that year, the time came to tell them about it."

--

Someone else walked into the room, new leg finally complete. "I'm afraid I've been keeping a few secrets from you. And no, I'm not talking about the leg. I know you  knew about that the whole time." He sighed. "I'm leaving." Before any of them could respond, he continued. "It's been a fun two years, but I'm afraid I can't stay any longer. Don't try to follow me. You won't be able to. I know how you work, and I know how your informants work." He snorted. "I've practically run the network this past year."

33 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Quarkbeast looked at Someone Else's leg with interest, it looked like it would taste good.

Someone else leaned down and pet the Quarkbeast. "You know, I still haven't figure out what kind of food you like best, but I'm not going to stop trying. How bought you don't eat my leg till I do, kay?"

10 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni appeared to be suffering from the effects of being in close proximity to a large number of withergeists. Which was odd, as she was standing right in front of the mime, and the Witherlord was nowhere near.

The mime released a pulse of Silence freezing the withering influence in place.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

From what we've been able to gather, the mime replied, X.

"So is he dead?" asked 655, worried.

32 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni gasped, eyes focusing. "Thanks." She stood upright. "Yeah. Is X dead?"

That's the question, isn't it, the mime replied. We examined the residue. A significant chunk of memory had been reduced to dust... however, conspicuously absent was the chunk containing X himself.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

That's the question, isn't it, the mime replied. We examined the residue. A significant chunk of memory had been reduced to dust... however, conspicuously absent was the chunk containing X himself.

Moni considered this. "So he's not dead then. But if he's not dead, then where is he? Could the Witherlord hold him captive somehow?"