The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 3/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, Nameless said:

Someone else smiled at his grandson. "Thank you. I'm afraid this story is coming to an end, however. As all stories must. You see, I didn't spend all that  time making the best leg in the entire world just so I could get back into field work. And making that leg wasn't my only secret." His smile turned a little melancholy. "Not by a long shot. And at the end of that year, the time came to tell them about it."

--

Someone else walked into the room, new leg finally complete. "I'm afraid I've been keeping a few secrets from you. And no, I'm not talking about the leg. I know you  knew about that the whole time." He sighed. "I'm leaving." Before any of them could respond, he continued. "It's been a fun two years, but I'm afraid I can't stay any longer. Don't try to follow me. You won't be able to. I know how you work, and I know how your informants work." He snorted. "I've practically run the network this past year."

Nowhere sighed, "that's not true, Someone Else, you do realize you are bound to me by oath for another thirteen years, I consider you a friend, but I can't release you from this oath as I am bound to it as much as you are."

On 3/27/2022 at 6:50 AM, Rosharan Chicken said:

A skeleton smiled.

thaidakar kicked the skeleton in the shins.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere sighed, "that's not true, Someone Else, you do realize you are bound to me by oath for another thirteen years, I consider you a friend, but I can't release you from this oath as I am bound to it as much as you are."

Someone else snorted "Oaths do not bind me."

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else snorted "Oaths do not bind me."

Nowhere smiled, "you think I don't know that? but oaths bind ME, I swore I would kill your family for five generations if you leave. I don't want to have to do this."

Impossible watched with intense interest.

Nowhere smiled, "you think I don't know that? but oaths bind ME, I swore I would kill your family for five generations if you leave. I don't want to have to do this."

Impossible watched with intense interest.

Someone else shook his head. "You'll never find my family. Or me. I've made sure of that."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Someone else shook his head. "You'll never find my family. Or me. I've made sure of that."

Nowhere looked grim, "you have? no, I don't think so, Torment says otherwise."

Mythos widened his eyes, "TORMENT?"

Nowhere looked at Mythos, a look of terror flashed on his face swiftly, "you have him too? Torment is an interesting fellow, good thing I can control him."

A voice entered Mythos' head, "he lies..."

Nowhere looked grim, "you have? no, I don't think so, Torment says otherwise."

Mythos widened his eyes, "TORMENT?"

Nowhere looked at Mythos, a look of terror flashed on his face swiftly, "you have him too? Torment is an interesting fellow, good thing I can control him."

A voice entered Mythos' head, "he lies..."

The voice continued. "What a coincidence!" It cackled. "You think so similarly, you people do. I wonder if he's insane. You should try and kill him to be sure."

Someone else watched the proceedings with a confused expression. "Well, whatever information you think you have? You're wrong. You'll never find me. No matter how good you are at searching, someone else is better at hiding."

Just now, Nameless said:

The voice continued. "What a coincidence!" It cackled. "You think so similarly, you people do. I wonder if he's insane. You should try and kill him to be sure."

Someone else watched the proceedings with a confused expression. "Well, whatever information you think you have? You're wrong. You'll never find me. No matter how good you are at searching, someone else is better at hiding."

Nowhere smiled deeply, "there is a reason I am called Nowhere, I used to go by another name, I was called Everywhere, but that name started being misleading after Rond stole my powers, but Someone else, you must know that I have allies, allies who can time travel, allies like Mythos for instance here. I am not trying to convince you that I want to kill you and your family, I am trying to warn you my friend, I have too many resources, I am too powerful, I will be driven by impulses to kill you and your family. I will not be my own man until I fulfill my bargain."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere smiled deeply, "there is a reason I am called Nowhere, I used to go by another name, I was called Everywhere, but that name started being misleading after Rond stole my powers, but Someone else, you must know that I have allies, allies who can time travel, allies like Mythos for instance here. I am not trying to convince you that I want to kill you and your family, I am trying to warn you my friend, I have too many resources, I am too powerful, I will be driven by impulses to kill you and your family. I will not be my own man until I fulfill my bargain."

Someone else shrugged. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I can't stay with you any more. I am, at my heart, a being of chaos. It's been fun, working with you. But I have to leave, to be myself again." He put a bag on the table and turned to the door.

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else shrugged. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I can't stay with you any more. I am, at my heart, a being of chaos. It's been fun, working with you. But I have to leave, to be myself again." He put a bag on the table and turned to the door.

Nowhere sighed, "so be it." he drew his sword, "there is only one way to prevent five generations from happening."

-----

Someone else's grandchildren gasped. Relia widened her eyes, "how did you escape?"

Nowhere sighed, "so be it." he drew his sword, "there is only one way to prevent five generations from happening."

-----

Someone else's grandchildren gasped. Relia widened her eyes, "how did you escape?"

Someone else winked. "Well, it was pretty simple. We got into a bit of a scuffle, but in the end they let me walk away.

--

Someone else deflected a strike from Mythos, then dodged left and knocked him out with a swift blow to the back of the head. He let his sword vanish from his hand, looking around the room. Nowhere was still struggling to rise, but his broken leg wasn't cooperating. Someone else walked over to Nowhere, kicking the dagger out of his hands, and turned to walk out the door. He paused briefly, looking back. "Be kind to my twin, when you find him. And please don't mistake him for me. It should be pretty obvious, but... well, just be careful."

Just now, Nameless said:

Someone else winked. "Well, it was pretty simple. We got into a bit of a scuffle, but in the end they let me walk away.

--

Someone else deflected a strike from Mythos, then dodged left and knocked him out with a swift blow to the back of the head. He let his sword vanish from his hand, looking around the room. Nowhere was still struggling to rise, but his broken leg wasn't cooperating. Someone else walked over to Nowhere, kicking the dagger out of his hands, and turned to walk out the door. He paused briefly, looking back. "Be kind to my twin, when you find him. And please don't mistake him for me. It should be pretty obvious, but... well, just be careful."

Mythos watched from the corner, not joining in. He looked at Someone else warily, "if you have a place that you can hide from most narrators and such, I would like to come if you don't mind."

Mythos watched from the corner, not joining in. He looked at Someone else warily, "if you have a place that you can hide from most narrators and such, I would like to come if you don't mind."

Someone else shook his head. "I don't have such a place, sadly. If I ever find such a place, I'll let you know." He tossed Mythos a baguette, backflipped out the door.

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Someone else shook his head. "I don't have such a place, sadly. If I ever find such a place, I'll let you know." He tossed Mythos a baguette, backflipped out the door.

Mythos took a bite out of the baguette and smiled as Nowhere began to stir, "that man!"

Mythos took a bite out of the baguette and smiled as Nowhere began to stir, "that man!"

Someone else stood up. "So there you have it kids. That's the story of my time serving Nowhere. Actually, with all the time travel that's gone on recently," He glanced sideways at Afterimage. "That's one of the only things about my past that I do remember. Anyways, who wants some cake?" He walked into the kitchen, pulling out his Earwaxium knife.

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Someone else stood up. "So there you have it kids. That's the story of my time serving Nowhere. Actually, with all the time travel that's gone on recently," He glanced sideways at Afterimage. "That's one of the only things about my past that I do remember. Anyways, who wants some cake?" He walked into the kitchen, pulling out his Earwaxium knife.

Afterimage smiled, "mhm, I guess it's time to tell you Someone Else," Afterimage stood up.

Afterimage sighed, "that I'm not Afterimage." Nowhere stabbed Someone Else.

Someone else looked down at the sword in his chest. "Well. That was unexpected." He grabbed the sword, pulling it out of his chest. In the other room, his grandchildren disappeared, transported to a far-off place where they would be completely safe from Nowhere and all of his agents. "I have to say that I'm surprised you found me. I suppose you tracked Mythos here?" He twirled Nowhere's sword thoughtfully. "In any case, the cakes ready." He threw the sword at Nowhere, then grabbed the cake out of the oven and disappeared.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Someone else looked down at the sword in his chest. "Well. That was unexpected." He grabbed the sword, pulling it out of his chest. In the other room, his grandchildren disappeared, transported to a far-off place where they would be completely safe from Nowhere and all of his agents. "I have to say that I'm surprised you found me. I suppose you tracked Mythos here?" He twirled Nowhere's sword thoughtfully. "In any case, the cakes ready." He threw the sword at Nowhere, then grabbed the cake out of the oven and disappeared.

Nowhere smiled, "yeah, I did track Mythos." Nowhere grabbed the sword and then dissapeared to where Someone Else was. He chopped off his head.

39 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Quarkbeast ate the part of Nowhere's Oath that made him kill the grandchildren, but in doing so it changed to make him have to kill Someone else. The Quarkbeast also drew the word Irrelevant on the ground, summoning Butt Venture.

Nowhere asked the quarkbeast if he could make him stop trying to kill Someone Else.

Nowhere smiled, "yeah, I did track Mythos." Nowhere grabbed the sword and then dissapeared to where Someone Else was. He chopped off his head.

Nowhere asked the quarkbeast if he could make him stop trying to kill Someone Else.

Someone else stepped out from behind a bush, completely invisible to Nowhere. He winked at the Quarkbeast and fed it a baked pretzel.