The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Someone else laughed, hugging his twin happily. "It's good to see you again. I see you're having trouble with your cooking again." He gestured towards the pot on the stove, which smelled like moldy socks. "And you still haven't managed to get any better at home repair. You really should hire someone to get that fixed for you." His face grew more serious. "It seems I've been infected by order again. Yes, I know, I really should avoid this kind of thing. Sorry. In any case, you should have this until I recover." He pressed a piece of metal into his twin's hand, purposefully not thinking about what it was. Then he walked out the door, leaving someone else to begin cooking some stew that smelled much better than before.

The voice popped in again, different, "you think you could avoid me?"

29 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Fine. I'll make that oath. I won't tell anyone. Just answer my questions."

"When X was attacked," the consultant explained, "a piece of him fled down a path he had prepared earlier. That path ended here."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The voice popped in again, different, "you think you could avoid me?"

Someone else considered for a moment before deciding to respond. "Of course not. I was merely taking precautions, in case things go poorly for me." He hesitated, summoning a sword to his hands hopefully. It felt awkward and unbalanced in his hands. "Of course it didn't work. My twin is so much better at that."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"When X was attacked," the consultant explained, "a piece of him fled down a path he had prepared earlier. That path ended here."

"So is that piece of X the survey?"

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Someone else considered for a moment before deciding to respond. "Of course not. I was merely taking precautions, in case things go poorly for me." He hesitated, summoning a sword to his hands hopefully. It felt awkward and unbalanced in his hands. "Of course it didn't work. My twin is so much better at that."

The voice sniggered, "you are deserving of what is coming for you."

Meanwhile Rond hummed to himself as he wondered what to do next. he had to find 628, but who were they? were they Someone Else or were they, well, someone else. 

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

9 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Meanwhile Rond hummed to himself as he wondered what to do next. he had to find 628, but who were they? were they Someone Else or were they, well, someone else. 

something crazy happened.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Yes. Although we could not, of course, kill X directly. That would earn us the ire of Fate, which would be a hindrance to our plans."

Moni nodded. "Do you know anything about the other parts of X? Or is this the only missing piece?"

it isn't letting me! maybe I can now. @Nameless pretend I'm quoting you.

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni nodded. "Do you know anything about the other parts of X? Or is this the only missing piece?"

The survey felt... strange. Very strange.

"That is X," the consultant confirmed. "As much as anything is."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

STORM THIS THREAD! I'M NOT ABLE TO POST MOST STUFF NOW!! GOSH STORMIT!

Can you edit stuff in?

Edited by xinoehp512

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The survey felt... strange. Very strange.

"That is X," the consultant confirmed. "As much as anything is."

Can you edit stuff in?

hmm, yes I can. this brings me, so much pleasure. thankyou X (or should I say X's avatar lol)

@Nameless, here is my post from before.

The voice snickered, "you are deserving of what is coming for you."

Meanwhile Rond hummed to himself as he wondered what to do next. he had to find 628, but who were they? were they someone else or were they, well, someone else?

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The voice snickered, "you are deserving of what is coming for you."

Meanwhile Rond hummed to himself as he wondered what to do next. he had to find 628, but who were they? were they someone else or were they, well, someone else?

Rond felt a dagger at his throat. "Hello Rond, it's ever so nice to see you. Did I ever thank you for the time I lost my leg because of you?"

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What do you mean? X left the Witherlord alone, for the most part."

Moni nodded glumly. "Wonderful. Did X have any backup plans for this kind of scenario?"

Hm. It happened to me too.

Edited by Nameless

10 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

STORM THIS THREAD! I'M NOT ABLE TO POST MOST STUFF NOW!! GOSH STORMIT!

Rond ate a slice of bread.

Please chill, we are working on this, but we have not encountered this before so we don't know exactly how to fix this. But please just bear with us. I don't have an ETA. We apologize for the inconvenience. Maybe go do something else for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Rond felt a dagger at his throat. "Hello Rond, it's ever so nice to see you. Did I ever thank you for the time I lost a leg because of you?"

Rond smiled, "Someone else, how pleasant a surprise."

Nowhere stalked into the room quietly, unnoticed.

Just now, Chaos said:

Please chill, we are working on this, but we have not encountered this before so we don't know exactly how to fix this. But please just bear with us. I don't have an ETA. We apologize for the inconvenience. Maybe go do something else for a bit.

sorry, I was in a bit of a huff. 

Just now, Nameless said:

"Rond, are you a narrator? And why is there a voice inside my head?"

Rond cocked his head, "what? why would my voice be in your head? and of course I'm a narrator! how else would I be able to create a race of nearly invincible creatures?"

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni nodded glumly. "Wonderful. Did X have any backup plans for this kind of scenario?"

"Besides the one that brought him to us? No. I doubt he expected a schism in the ranks of the mimes."

The survey shuddered.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond cocked his head, "what? why would my voice be in your head? and of course I'm a narrator! how else would I be able to create a race of nearly invincible creatures?"

"Interesting. So you don't know everything about me. I have this weird voice in my head. Tried to get me to kill Abomination. Say, is Impossible one of your creations? I think he mentioned having this too. And perhaps Mythos as well."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Besides the one that brought him to us? No. I doubt he expected a schism in the ranks of the mimes."

The survey shuddered.

"Wonderful. Do you have any plans for the Witherlord?"

Just now, Nameless said:

"Interesting. So you don't know everything about me. I have this weird voice in my head. Tried to get me to kill Abomination. Say, is Impossible one of your creations? I think he mentioned having this too. And perhaps Mythos as well."

Rond sighed, "if you stop holding a dagger to my throat I might be more accommodating, want some tea? I had some boiling before you and Nowhere interrupted me."

Nowhere blinked, he hadn't known Rond had realized he was here.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond sighed, "if you stop holding a dagger to my throat I might be more accommodating, want some tea? I had some boiling before you and Nowhere interrupted me."

Nowhere blinked, he hadn't known Rond had realized he was here.

Someone else shrugged. "Sure, I like tea. Why not have some?"