The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"You are always welcome to join me," the Witherlord replied, continuing to press the attack.

"Yes, well. I think I'll pass. You're not really big on the whole 'create awesome stuff' thing, and I rather enjoy doing so." Nameless continued retreating, barely able to defend himself.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"Yes, well. I think I'll pass. You're not really big on the whole 'create awesome stuff' thing, and I rather enjoy doing so." Nameless continued retreating, barely able to defend himself.

"Your perspective would change, if you were to accept a withergeist into your soul."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You are always welcome to join me," the Witherlord replied, continuing to press the attack.

"As soon as you can get a clear shot in," whispered the Knight.

"Very well, then," the Spectra said, and vanished. Instantly, about half a mile around the Witherlord, the Skiens formed. With a Pulse of power, the Witherlord was bound, frozen in space and nearly frozen in time as well.

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Very well, then," the Spectra said, and vanished. Instantly, about half a mile around the Witherlord, the Skiens formed. With a Pulse of power, the Witherlord was bound, frozen in space and nearly frozen in time as well.

Nameless summoned the Mordite blade in a flash, lunging forwards to stab the Witherlord in the Core of his being.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"But I like my perspective. Would you change yours, if given the opportunity?"

"I did," the Witherlord replied.

1 minute ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Witherlord staggered as the binding took effect, his eyes widening. But... something was wrong. He was slowed, yes- but not frozen.

Nameless summoned the Mordite blade in a flash, lunging forwards to stab the Witherlord in the Core of his being.

The Witherlord just barely managed to deflect the attack.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Witherlord staggered as the binding took effect, his eyes widening. But... something was wrong. He was slowed, yes- but not frozen.

Nameless cursed as the Witherlord blocked his blow. "Storms, I knew the plan seemed too good to be true." He continued attacking, knocking aside the Witherord's blade and trying to overwhelm him before he could recover.

"I did," the Witherlord replied.

If the binding breaks, there is no more skiens.

The Skiens, sensing this, poured more power into the binding, freezing him in time. They activated the emergency rift savers, and blue lines of power glowed across the ground, harvesting the energy of the binding reacting with materials and using it to make the binding stronger, but avoiding using any Chaotic-dark energy in it. The Skiens began to dissasociate.

"Hurry!" they cried with pain. "We cannot hold him much longer! We told you we needed another chronokinetic!"

12 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless cursed as the Witherlord blocked his blow. "Storms, I knew the plan seemed too good to be true." He continued attacking, knocking aside the Witherord's blade and trying to overwhelm him before he could recover.

The Witherlord continued to fight, but he was clearly slower now. Weaker. The mists that swirled around the battlefield slowly began to dissipate.

10 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It's not broken, its just only barely strong enough to bind the Witherlord against his counters.

10 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Skiens, sensing this, poured more power into the binding, freezing him in time. They activated the emergency rift savers, and blue lines of power glowed across the ground, harvesting the energy of the binding reacting with materials and using it to make the binding stronger, but avoiding using any Chaotic-dark energy in it. The Skiens began to dissasociate.

"Hurry!" they cried with pain. "We cannot hold him much longer! We told you we needed another chronokinetic!"

"You are the only chronokinetic that can do a blighted thing!" the Knight replied. "Just... hold on! Nameless is winning now, it's only a matter of time before he gets a killing blow."

Edited by xinoehp512

The Witherlord continued to fight, but he was clearly slower now. Weaker. The mists that swirled around the battlefield slowly began to dissipate.

Nameless pressed his advantage, forcing the Witherlord back. "Rusts! Why does this have to be so difficult!"

It's not broken, its just only barely strong enough to bind the Witherlord against his counters.

"You are the only telekinetic that can do a blighted thing!" the Knight replied. "Just... hold on! Nameless is winning now, it's only a matter of time before he gets a killing blow."

The Skiens did not have the energy to yell at him, and so focused on strengthening the Binding, and the Witherlord got slower and slower. the forms of the Spectra and Derka began to waver and shift violently. 

The Quarkbeast, who had come to Nameless's party, watched the suspense grow. It was amused that the Knight had said telekinetic, for that was not relevant at all. Realizing what was going on, It started to give the Spectra Energy.

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The world... is a... horrible place, Nameless."

Nameless slashed at the Witherlord's leg, managing a glancing blow. "Only sometimes. And I can make it a better place. Or at least a more interesting one."

Nameless slashed at the Witherlord's leg, managing a glancing blow. "Only sometimes. And I can make it a better place. Or at least a more interesting one."

The Witherlord let out a laugh that turned into a coughing fit. "No. You... failed."

The mists withdrew, fading until they covered only the Witherlord's face.

The Witherlord let out a laugh that turned into a coughing fit. "No. You... failed."

The mists withdrew, fading until they covered only the Witherlord's face.

"Failed? How so?" Nameless knocked the Witherlord's sword from his hands and levelled his own at the dark creature's throat. "I'm about to succeed."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Failed? How so?" Nameless knocked the Witherlord's sword from his hands and levelled his own at the dark creature's throat. "I'm about to succeed."

The mists fade.

X's avatar kneels on the battlefield, disarmed, waiting to die.

"You... failed... me..."

--

In Moni's hand's the survey glitches.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mists fade.

"You... failed... me..."

--

so that's what you wanted to do. We need to get rid of the Ancient!Witherlord, regardless. also, the skiens are running out of time.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

The mists fade.

"You... failed... me..."

Nameless slumped, sword falling to his side. "I did. And I'm sorry. I've... failed a lot a people. Especially lately."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Moni looked at it. "Are you all right? What's up with you and all the glitches lately?"

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless slumped, sword falling to his side. "I did. And I'm sorry. I've... failed a lot a people. Especially lately."

Moni looked at it. "Are you all right? What's up with you and all the glitches lately?"

The Quarkbeast noticed the Connection, and started to sniff it hungrily. It had been a while since it had eaten.

"Easier... to... let... go..."

All the world waited with bated breath.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

[Memory retrieved]

The survey turned black.

"Easier... to... let... go..."

All the world waited with bated breath.

Nameless raised the sword, conflicted. "I..."

[Memory retrieved]

The survey turned black.

Moni gasped. "What in the world? What's happening to you?"

Moni gasped. "What in the world? What's happening to you?"

[I feel]

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless raised the sword, conflicted. "I..."

X's avatar coughed. Then coughed again. It turned into a chuckle, then a laugh, and then a cackle.

"You... [cough] have failed again, Nameless."