The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

[I feel]

"Feel what? Pain?"

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X's avatar coughed. Then coughed again. It turned into a chuckle, then a laugh, and then a cackle.

"You... [cough] have failed again, Nameless."

Nameless overcame his momentary hesitation and stabbed the Mordite blade through X's avatar's heart.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

[I feel]

X's avatar coughed. Then coughed again. It turned into a chuckle, then a laugh, and then a cackle.

"You... [cough] have failed again, Nameless."

The Skiens screamed. They were disassociating faster now.

Can we please finish this up? I've got IRL stuff, and it's late here.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Feel what? Pain?"

[Darkness]

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless overcame his momentary hesitation and stabbed the Mordite blade through X's avatar's heart.

The Mordite blade froze in place an inch away from the Witherlord's chest.

--

The Knight cursed. "No, no, no, no, no!"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

[Darkness]

"That's... not very descriptive. What kind of darkness?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

--

Nameless grunted. "Figures. I knew this plan wouldn't work." He laughed. "Didn't think it'd be because of me. I guess I'm getting too soft."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

[Darkness]

--

TOWWACBob sighed. "This is getting ridiculous." He walked over next to the Witherlord and looked at him for a moment. "What was and is and may yet be!" he commanded.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

22 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

TOWWACBob sighed. "This is getting ridiculous." He walked over next to the Witherlord and looked at him for a moment. "What was and is and may yet be!" he commanded.

Nothing happened.

Nameless's blade turned to point at the intruder as the Witherlord got to his feet.

"Blight take you!" the Knight declared in fury. "I told you you needed to focus on your strengths. Restore it now-"

"No," said the voice of Professor Jones. "This battle is over. End the binding, now- before he destroys it."

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"That's... not very descriptive. What kind of darkness?"

{The Void of Solitude}

Edited by xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nothing happened.

Nameless's blade turned to point at the intruder as the Witherlord got to his feet.

Nameless stepped back. "You should leave, friend. This fight is between me and him. Not you."

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

{The Void of Solitude}

"Solitude? Oh, storms. What's going on?"

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nothing happened.

"Blight take you!" the Knight declared in fury. "I told you you needed to focus on your strengths. Restore it now-"

"No," said the voice of Professor Jones. "This battle is over. End the binding, now- before he destroys it."

{The Void of Solitude}

TOWWACBob smiled,  just because they had not noticed anything, did not mean nothing had happened. Also, the Witherlord was still moving slowly, the Binding was not yet broken.

TOWWACBob turned to the Knight. "You are a fool. The Skiens do not have much longer, and you did not listen to them. My command has saved them, but it will not be effective while this avatar of X is the bearer!Witherlord. The Skiens were more focused on their strengths than you were, for as they said, they know more of their strengths than you do. Now, Witherlord, If you were to destroy this plane I will be forced to take drastic measures, including the destruction of both of us, permanently."

we need to get rid of the Ancient!Witherlord, @xinoehp512. Character progression. 

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

TOWWACBob smiled,  just because they had not noticed anything, did not mean nothing had happened. Also, the Witherlord was still moving slowly, the Binding was not yet broken.

TOWWACBob turned to the Knight. "You are a fool. The Skiens do not have much longer, and you did not listen to them. My command has saved them, but it will not be effective while this avatar of X is the bearer!Witherlord. The Skiens were more focused on their strengths than you were, for as they said, they know more of their strengths than you do. Now, Witherlord, If you were to destroy this plane I will be forced to take drastic measures, including the destruction of both of us, permanently."

Nameless sat down, exhausted. "I don't think you quite understand the predicament here. I can't kill the Witherlord. He's overwhelmed the binding to the point that he can control the Mordite in my blade. Unless you have a Luxite weapon up your sleeve, he's not dying today. The mimes can't kill him with ordered darkness, and I can't kill him with chaotic light."

The Witherlord took a step forwards towards Nameless, no longer moving slowly. The world darkened.

"Your plan has failed," he said. "But my offer still stands. Join me."

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Solitude? Oh, storms. What's going on?"

Tiny black drops of ink fell from the survey like tears. White streaks appeared, creating impressions.

A figure kneeling, alone.

It started small, X explained.

Edited by xinoehp512

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Witherlord took a step forwards towards Nameless, no longer moving slowly. The world darkened.

"Your plan has failed," he said. "But my offer still stands. Join me."

Nameless considered. "That is a tempting offer. But I think I'll pass. I'm not really that good at causing destruction and decay. And besides that. I think remaining a being of creation and imagination will be better for my character arc."

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Tiny black drops of ink fell from the survey like tears. White streaks appeared, creating impressions.

A figure kneeling, alone.

It started small, X explained.

"Is that X's-your avatar?"

18 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless considered. "That is a tempting offer. But I think I'll pass. I'm not really that good at causing destruction and decay. And besides that. I think remaining a being of creation and imagination will be better for my character arc."

The Witherlord's face darkened. "We will see."

With a clench of his fist, the mordite blade melted, collapsing into a hole in reality. The binding holding the Witherlord shattered as he fell into the Void.

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Is that X's-your avatar?"

Yes. I did not... anticipate what would happen. It was not something I could understand, as I was.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

With a clench of his fist, the mordite blade melted, collapsing into a hole in reality. The binding holding the Witherlord shattered as he fell into the Void.

Nameless stood painfully, then waved to the cameraman. "Did you get all that? Great! You can send it to the editors, and they should have it ready in time for the party."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes. I did not... anticipate what would happen. It was not something I could understand, as I was.

"What would happen? What happened?"

"You left him alone? Is that why he was so depressed that he was dissolving everything around him?"

He is my avatar; I cannot leave him. But yes, he was alone. And because of that, so was I.

46 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

stupid AP test, I couldn't do anything.

The Skiens screamed with a scream that was more mental than actual. It did 20d20+10 psychic damage to all entities within the area, including the Witherlord. They vanished, leaving only a faint spark of blue-white energy, Which TOWWACBob caught and stored away carefully. "Alex," he called "It is time."

He turned to the Knight. "What are you going to do now? An army of Withergiests is coming to destroy this world, and we no longer have the Skiens to help." He bared his teeth. "You really don't know how you were supposed to do it. The Skiens did not understand on a fundamental level what you were trying to do, even together they are less, mentally, than a normal human. Their power is greater, but they are less."

45 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The Skiens screamed with a scream that was more mental than actual. It did 20d20+10 psychic damage to all entities within the area, including the Witherlord. They vanished, leaving only a faint spark of blue-white energy, Which TOWWACBob caught and stored away carefully. "Alex," he called "It is time."

He turned to the Knight. "What are you going to do now? An army of Withergiests is coming to destroy this world, and we no longer have the Skiens to help." He bared his teeth. "You really don't know how you were supposed to do it. The Skiens did not understand on a fundamental level what you were trying to do, even together they are less, mentally, than a normal human. Their power is greater, but they are less."

Nameless appeared next to them. "The Skiens should've stopped trying to bind the Witherlord. The plan had obviously failed. There was no need to keep it going. We'll have to figure something else out."

Nameless appeared next to them. "The Skiens should've stopped trying to bind the Witherlord. The plan had obviously failed. There was no need to keep it going. We'll have to figure something else out."

1. I was not here, and so I could not have them stop.

2. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood, we need you.

3. The Skiens were focusing on using the Binding. Because of TOWWACBob's command, they are not dead, but Once in place, the binding takes about an hour to remove safely. They had only practiced accelerated putting up, not pulling down.

TOWWACBob looked at Nameless and sighed. "Yes, we do. I have the beginnings of a plan, but I'll have to test some things. You better prepare, there are a lot of withergeists coming."

9 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

1. I was not here, and so I could not have them stop.

2. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood, we need you.

3. The Skiens were focusing on using the Binding. Because of TOWWACBob's command, they are not dead, but Once in place, the binding takes about an hour to remove safely. They had only practiced accelerated putting up, not pulling down.

1. You could have just written them as having stopped.

2. Check his rank.

3. They removed it from the Knight a lot faster than an hour, as I remember.

10 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

TOWWACBob looked at Nameless and sighed. "Yes, we do. I have the beginnings of a plan, but I'll have to test some things. You better prepare, there are a lot of withergeists coming."

"Yes, well. I'm not convinced. Everyone tells me there are armies of withergeists rampaging everywhere, but I've seen no evidence of it. Anyways, I'll be off. I have some unfinished business."

1. You could have just written them as having stopped.

2. Check his rank.

3. They removed it from the Knight a lot faster than an hour, as I remember.

"Yes, well. I'm not convinced. Everyone tells me there are armies of withergeists rampaging everywhere, but I've seen no evidence of it. Anyways, I'll be off. I have some unfinished business."

that was dropping it, and the knight was not actively resisting it. To drop it safely when someone is resisting is hard, and I was also referencing the state of the Skiens at the time as opposed to when they were fine binding the Knight.

TOWWACBob pointed at the horizon, where a large army of withergeists were just coming.