The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless glared at them. "Be quiet you! I'm trying to have a serious moment of suspense here! Also the Witherlord might be watching, so I have to be a little careful."

He is not watching this place, the survey asserted.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless began narrating the tv back into one piece. The shattered remnants lifted into the air, forming back together seams as if they'd never been broken.

The power remained off, however.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless looked at the tv appraisingly. "Is it still connected to Melody's metal thingy, do you think?" He sighed. "Probably not. I guess I'll have to do something else then."

It is a scrying device, the survey explained.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Imagine what you want to see, the survey responded.

"Right. Scrying device. Makes sense." Nameless focused on the current events of TL(inear)T, imagining the fight that was taking place.

Just now, Nameless said:

"Right. Scrying device. Makes sense." Nameless focused on the current events of TL(inear)T, imagining the fight that was taking place.

Spoiler

Listen…

Step, step, step, step, step.

A purposeful walk. Determined…

Step, step, step….

mostly.

The princess hesitates, her hand hovering a few inches away from the door handle. In her other, she carries a sword. Its blade is plain, its hilt unadorned- and yet, the world itself seems to bend before it as if in reverence.

She takes a deep breath. For years now, she has known this day would come. For years she has prepared, steeling herself for this moment. For years she has trained so that she can do what needs to be done.

No amount of foresight could have fully prepared her for this moment. But she has made up her mind. She exhales, letting her sword fall from her hand. It vanishes before it hits the floor, ready for her to call upon when the moment arrives.

The doors open easily, squeaking only slightly as the princess enters the throne room to confront her mother.

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Listen…

Step, step, step, step, step.

A purposeful walk. Determined…

Step, step, step….

mostly.

The princess hesitates, her hand hovering a few inches away from the door handle. In her other, she carries a sword. Its blade is plain, its hilt unadorned- and yet, the world itself seems to bend before it as if in reverence.

She takes a deep breath. For years now, she has known this day would come. For years she has prepared, steeling herself for this moment. For years she has trained so that she can do what needs to be done.

No amount of foresight could have fully prepared her for this moment. But she has made up her mind. She exhales, letting her sword fall from her hand. It vanishes before it hits the floor, ready for her to call upon when the moment arrives.

The doors open easily, squeaking only slightly as the princess enters the throne room to confront her mother.

Nameless watched with interest. "Huh. Interesting. Well, it looks like the thing still works." He walked over to the tv and picked it up. "I should take this to a safer location, before anything further happens to it." He looked over at Moni and X. "You guys have any suggestions?"

It shows the past, the survey explained.

59 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless watched with interest. "Huh. Interesting. Well, it looks like the thing still works." He walked over to the tv and picked it up. "I should take this to a safer location, before anything further happens to it." He looked over at Moni and X. "You guys have any suggestions?"

Perhaps the University? the survey suggested.

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

It shows the past, the survey explained.

Perhaps the University? the survey suggested.

"Perhaps. I'll have to ask." Nameless teleported to the Knight and professor Jones. "Hey professor, do you want to keep this tv? It can see the past, and might still have a link to a chat mirror in an alternate dimension."