The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Letters flickered on the survey's surface.

"Hey Moni, you should probably do something about that." Everyone said. They blinked, then looked at the Withergeist. "What is that supposed to mean?"

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X X X X X X

Everyone tilted their head and looked at the Survey from (wherever it was). "Shut UP!" They hissed at the Withergeist. "I want to see what's going on here..."

55 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless scratched his head. "Wait, can't withergeists bond people? Not that I particularly like this plan, but I've heard of it happening."

That is a different sort of bond than what is being attempted. Yes, withergeists can bond people. Succeeding in doing so with the Shadow Mantle, however, is what makes one the Witherlord.

50 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Could the witherlord stop a bullet made out of mordite?" Asks Hunter.

Yes.

Edited by xinoehp512

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

That is a different sort of bond than what is being attempted. Yes, withergeists can bond people. Succeeding in doing so with the Shadow Mantle, however, is what makes one the Witherlord.

Everyone blinked, slowly turning to look at the trapped Withergeist. "So... what does that make me and him?"

20 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone blinked, slowly turning to look at the trapped Withergeist. "So... what does that make me and him?"

"That's an interesting question. I'd guess that it means you're a person with a mental link to a withergeist."

19 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless nodded. "This should still work on the Witherlord, yes? While the Witherlord itself is not a corporeal entity, it's avatar is."

Yes.

He is.

Edited by xinoehp512

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes.

He is.

"Yes. So the plan might work. If we can figure out how to protect the bonded one from the Witherlord's influence, at least. It's an... interesting possibility." Nameless nodded to himself, ignoring Moni's horrified look.

4 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Yes. So the plan might work. If we can figure out how to protect the bonded one from the Witherlord's influence, at least. It's an... interesting possibility." Nameless nodded to himself, ignoring Moni's horrified look.

"Please, I'm a... whatever I am, I can withstand the Witherlord's mind." Everyone said confidently. "Well... maybe with a little help..." Everyone added with much less confidence.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Yeah, but I thought this was a version of the Cosmere or something.

But it's fine. I should just be expecting the unexpected at this point. I was just not expecting for someone to do that.

Bookwyrm returned to where everyone else was because Drozor was gone.

the Quarkbeast is here, anything can happen.