The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos smiled, "I see... Well, you have found the heir. Whether or not you mean my father's heir or Thaidakar's heir I do not know. Now, what did you wish to guide me to, Cucumber beard?"

Cucumber beard frowned. "On the path of your father, of course. His journey remains unfinished."

Just now, Nameless said:

Cucumber beard frowned. "On the path of your father, of course. His journey remains unfinished."

"His journey, I see..." Mythos' expression hardened, "the path of my father was one of foolery, Rond never knew what he was doing from the beginning." Mythos stabbed Cucumber beard with his speciality dagger.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"His journey, I see..." Mythos' expression hardened, "the path of my father was one of foolery, Rond never knew what he was doing from the beginning." Mythos stabbed Cucumber beard with his speciality dagger.

Cucumber beard didn't flinch, staring into Mythos' face as the life faded from his eyes. Softly, he spoke. "Mythos. I'm... sorry. Were it not for me, Rond would never have been able to kidnap with you. I failed you, all those years ago." Then he slid backwards and collapsed to the ground dead.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Cucumber beard didn't flinch, staring into Mythos' face as the life faded from his eyes. Softly, he spoke. "Mythos. I'm... sorry. Were it not for me, Rond would never have been able to kidnap with you. I failed you, all those years ago." Then he slid backwards and collapsed to the ground dead.

Mythos paled, recognition flooding into his eyes, "what have I done..." he knelt down on lifted Cucumber beard's face. the illusion dissolved revealing someone Mythos recognized, "no... Drenlan... no, no, no..."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos paled, recognition flooding into his eyes, "what have I done..." he knelt down on lifted Cucumber beard's face. the illusion dissolved revealing someone Mythos recognized, "no... Drenlan... no, no, no..."

In the dead man's hand was clutched a pendant, engraved with the markings of the royal house.

Just now, Nameless said:

In the dead man's hand was clutched a pendant, engraved with the markings of the royal house.

Tears fell from Mythos face. He took the pendant and put it around his neck. Engraved on the back was, "We must persevere to get to the next adventure."