The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar shrugged, "I have a copy of every game in existence, we can play."

"Very well." a Stratego board appeared between them, sitting on a table from Thaidakar's sitting room. Subversion sat down at the table, preparing her side of the board.

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Very well." a Stratego board appeared between them, sitting on a table from Thaidakar's sitting room. Subversion sat down at the table, preparing her side of the board.

Thaidakar appeared a moment later. He sat down and began setting up his side.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"So. You going to be around for long this time? Before you head back to the underworld, I mean."

"I was thinking I'd stay for awhile. At least, until I can make Mythos into a good heir. I mean, no sensible heir would interrupt a ping-pong match with Death."

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I was thinking I'd stay for awhile. At least, until I can make Mythos into a good heir. I mean, no sensible heir would interrupt a ping-pong match with Death."

"So you'll be staying a good while then." Subversion considered her next move, casting a critical gaze at Thaidakar's pieces. "Heirs are a tricky business under the best circumstances."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"So you'll be staying a good while then." Subversion considered her next move, casting a critical gaze at Thaidakar's pieces. "Heirs are a tricky business under the best circumstances."

Thaidakar nodded as he prepared his next few moves strategically. "Indeed they are."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded as he prepared his next few moves strategically. "Indeed they are."

"Heirs for the position of Narrator?" The air swirled and the faint outline of a woman stood before them. "I've been absent quite a long time. Might I watch?"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Heirs for the position of Narrator?" The air swirled and the faint outline of a woman stood before them. "I've been absent quite a long time. Might I watch?"

"Yes, you can watch." He made his move after Subversion did theirs. "Mythos might do a good job if I get him better suited to the position. However... I think Spook could be much better if I maneuver it all right."

"Yes, you can watch." He made his move after Subversion did theirs. "Mythos might do a good job if I get him better suited to the position. However... I think Spook could be much better if I maneuver it all right."

She stepped up to whatever they were looking at, hands clasped behind her back. "I saw one death, back at the beginning, with a Narrationblade or something. Is that killer still in the running? I believe she was female."

"Hm. Tricky to get Mythos to just step down. He's the one that hates you, right? Or is it Spook?"

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She stepped up to whatever they were looking at, hands clasped behind her back. "I saw one death, back at the beginning, with a Narrationblade or something. Is that killer still in the running? I believe she was female."

"I don't know, honestly. I've been dead for a good while, I'm not up on some of the news. Only the major plot relevant stuff and things pertaining to me or those Connected to me."

"Hm. Tricky to get Mythos to just step down. He's the one that hates you, right? Or is it Spook?"

"Spook is the one that hates me, Mythos only lightly dislikes me."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I don't know, honestly. I've been dead for a good while, I'm not up on some of the news. Only the major plot relevant stuff and things pertaining to me or those Connected to me."

She nodded and stepped back, content to watch from the background.

"I see. Making Spook go along with your plans will be difficult."

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Subversion waved. "Oh, that was me. Nice to meet you."

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I see. Making Spook go along with your plans will be difficult."

"I have my ways..." Thaidakar smiled as he readied to move another piece.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Subversion waved. "Oh, that was me. Nice to meet you."

"Ah, that was you... I forgot that was you. Ah well..."

"I have my ways..." Thaidakar smiled as he readied to move another piece.

"Ah, that was you... I forgot that was you. Ah well..."

"Weren't you just talking about how every Narrator has committed a few atrocities in their time?"

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Ah! Yes, the very same to you." She inclined her head in a slight bow.

Subversion looked at the woman. "Do I know you?"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Of course not. I was only released three days ago."

"In that case, what is your name?"

"Yeah, I was. The most horrible one you've done is try to ruin my tapestry."

Subversion raised an eyebrow. "What was so special about it? A gift from a loved one, perhaps?"

"In that case, what is your name?"

Subversion raised an eyebrow. "What was so special about it? A gift from a loved one, perhaps?"

She paused, as if thinking about it for the first time. "I don't really... my vessel called me Rylla. That's good enough."

Thaidakar smiled as he moved a piece. "You'll find out when it becomes relevant."

"Hm." Subversion moved one of her own pieces carefully. "Perhaps I will. Do your plans for Spook require my assistance? I'd be more than happy to help." She smiled faintly. "I think Mythos plans to kill me, currently."