The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Everyone paused. “̴͇͙̒S̵̻̓̓ő̶̤̘̅ ̴̼̠͌w̶̧͋̌e̵̲̙̽̀’̵̼̋̾ṙ̶̞ͅḛ̷͕͛̉ ̸͚̓ġ̶̟ō̸̥̮i̵̬̅̕n̵̯͝g̴̙̦̐̈ ̶̠̃͝ṱ̶͝o̴̘̗͒ ̵̜́d̴̜̈o̶͈͓͛͐ ̸͍̩͠t̵̲̋h̴̻̪̓͋i̴͚̓͊s̷̩̓ ̷͍̓t̸̲͝h̶̘̤̒̔ê̷̹ ̵̰͝h̷̝͘a̴̢̾r̷̙͕̔d̷̡͍̐̃ ̸̣̒ẅ̷͍ȃ̴͓͍͊y̴͉̿.̸̛̳̖”̵̱̝̂͊ They said, their energy flowing outwards and straining against the green netting.

The void-eyed man gritted his teeth, bolstering his transfixion against the powerful chaotic energy. "So... it... would... seem!"

Edited by xinoehp512

12 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The brave adventurer curses, struggling futilely against the bonds. "Sequence! Ally! we could use some help here!"

Sequence frowned. “Even my gray-ish power doesn’t work well anymore.”

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The void-eyed man gritted his teeth, bolstering his transfixion against the powerful chaotic energy. "So... it... would... seem!"

A guttural screeching sound emanated from Everyone’s now entirely black silhouette, and the energy surged forward with more power. That multiplication device of Everyone’s proved to be pretty useful.

9 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Tocf appeared behind the void-eyed man in a puff of rainbow smoke.

"I'm not good at one-liners, but just die, please."

A spectral approximation of Nerdy's narrationblade appeared in Tocf's hand. He stabbed the void-eyed man in the back.

The void eyed man conjured a shield of green light to deflect the false Narrationblade.

59 minutes ago, Sequence said:

A guttural screeching sound emanated from Everyone’s now entirely black silhouette, and the energy surged forward with more power. That multiplication device of Everyone’s proved to be pretty useful.

The void eyed man screamed in rage-

And suddenly the world was still.

The guide stood in front of Everyone, her arms folded.

You use ascendant powers, in defiance of the law against Narration.

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The ally awakens to skeletons grasping and pulling.

So, the ally didn't awaken, she materialized. As I said, she is capable of bringing her body into the unreal space.

30 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The void eyed man conjured a shield of green light to deflect the false Narrationblade.

The void eyed man screamed in rage-

And suddenly the world was still.

The guide stood in front of Everyone, her arms folded.

You use ascendant powers, in defiance of the law against Narration.

Kilometers comes surging down, landing on his feet. I am going to kill that wretch. No one hurls Kilometers Fifty-lives and gets away with it.

"It takes a lot more than that to finish Kilometers Fifty-lives scum! Perhaps I should teach you a lesson." Noticing the situation, he looks to the guide, ignoring the void-eyed man. 

"We know not of your laws. If you wish us to follow them, you must teach us them."

The ally walks to Sequence, Everyone, and the brave adventurer.

"We're willing to comply, we just don't know what is needed."

7 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

So, the ally didn't awaken, she materialized. As I said, she is capable of bringing her body into the unreal space.

Kilometers comes surging down, landing on his feet. I am going to kill that wretch. No one hurls Kilometers Fifty-lives and gets away with it.

"It takes a lot more than that to finish Kilometers Fifty-lives scum! Perhaps I should teach you a lesson." Noticing the situation, he looks to the guide, ignoring the void-eyed man. 

"We know not of your laws. If you wish us to follow them, you must teach us them."

The ally walks to Sequence, Everyone, and the brave adventurer.

"We're willing to comply, we just don't know what is needed."

The guide is speaking to Everyone alone, more or less outside of the flow of time.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The guide sighed. As I explained earlier, using Narrative power within the confines of this realm forfeits said power to Onyx. And I wasn't talking to you. She turned back to Everyone. Granted, your chaotic energy isn't Narration under common parlance, but the nature of the law acts upon all such reality-warping abilities. Such is the power of the Plotblade that is wielded by the Lord of this realm. She turned and glared at the void-eyed man. The same goes for you. Do not think I cannot tell what you were trying to do. 

6 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Are Plotblade-related reality warping abilities allowed then?

Only those powers that do not violate the Continuity have any meaning, the guide explained cryptically. Beyond that, it is not a question of whether or not it can be done; it is instead a question of whether or not Onyx cares to administer judgement. 

9 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Also, how likely do you think it is that we actually get the Plotblade without a fight? Cause I don't want to fight him."

To this, the guide did not answer, turning away from Kilometers.

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The guide sighed. As I explained earlier, using Narrative power within the confines of this realm forfeits said power to Onyx. And I wasn't talking to you. She turned back to Everyone. Granted, your chaotic energy isn't Narration under common parlance, but the nature of the law acts upon all such reality-warping abilities. Such is the power of the Plotblade that is wielded by the Lord of this realm. She turned and glared at the void-eyed man. The same goes for you. Do not think I cannot tell what you were trying to do. 

Everyone’s dark foggy glow faded, and they came back into view. “Hm.” They said, frowning. “So what you’re saying, is that teleporting is not okay here? If that’s what you’re saying I’ll gladly stop.”

Edited by Sequence

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Only those powers that do not violate the Continuity have any meaning, the guide explained cryptically. Beyond that, it is not a question of whether or not it can be done; it is instead a question of whether or not Onyx cares to administer judgement. 

To this, the guide did not answer, turning away from Kilometers.

"I see. And I'll take your silence as a no. Should we return to the normal time-stream then?"

2 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Back in normal space-time continuity, the brave adventurer manages to maneuver one of his daggers in such a way as to cut through the energy holding him.

The energy resists being cut.

4 hours ago, Sequence said:

Everyone’s dark foggy glow faded, and they came back into view. “Hm.” They said, frowning. “So what you’re saying, is that teleporting is not okay here? If that’s what you’re saying I’ll gladly stop.”

Not necessarily. What you have been doing so far is most likely not enough to draw his ire. Just be warned that if Onyx feels that you are using too much power, he may impose limitations. 

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I see. And I'll take your silence as a no. Should we return to the normal time-stream then?"

The guide bowed her head. Then she was gone.

The inspector yawns, awakening. His eyes snap into focus as he surveys the scene, frowning.

"Drop them," he commands.

"But-" the void-eyed man objects.

"Do you want me to take you to the castle or not?"

The void-eyed man sputters, speechless, for a moment as the inspector fixes him with an even glare. At last, grumbling, he releases the energy holding the adventurer and Everyone in place.

"This isn't the last you'll see of me," he threatens, grabbing the inspectors arm agressively. In a flash of black, the pair vanish.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The brave adventurer grumbles quietly, pulling a whetstone and sharpening his daggers.

7 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone stretches as they are freed from the cage. "No excessive powers." They said. "Got it." Sequence nodded too. Her non-narrative power wasn't nearly as strong as Everyone's, but it was still there.

For once, the trees were silent.

"How many Plotblades are there again, and what are their names?" Everyone asked. "I want to make a sarcastic joke about this one having a dumb name but I don't know what Plotblades are usually named after."

Edited by Sequence