The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The brave adventurer shrugs. “No idea how many there are. Some of the ones I know about are names Vengeance, Unity, Drama, Analysis. Stuff that’s a part of Plot, the more essential the more powerful, in general. I think Vengeance got an extra dose of power despite being fairly nonessential, but the others I’ve seen seem to follow the rule.”

Everyone nodded, then cleared their throat. "I bet 'guy who's name we're not supposed to say's Plotblade is something dumb, like 'Dialogue'." Everyone frowned. "That wasn't very funny." Everyone sat there for a moment, thinking.

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The brave adventurer shrugs. “No idea how many there are. Some of the ones I know about are names Vengeance, Unity, Drama, Analysis. Stuff that’s a part of Plot, the more essential the more powerful, in general. I think Vengeance got an extra dose of power despite being fairly nonessential, but the others I’ve seen seem to follow the rule.”

"Vengeance did get an extra dose of power. It is the second most powerful (kinda. Depends on the state of the thread). It was Plot's (P) sword that he used, thus it got the most. The Blades split after that. And I've heard that the blade he has is "Suddenly Pineapples." It is the most powerful as the Suddenly part fits with the chaos of the thread, and the Pineapples part obviously means Plot-induced-non-essential-adequate-powerful-pranking-leading-edible-stuff, which has to do with plot! Plus it shows up in almost every plot."

The ally takes a deep breath.

"Okay, we can go now."

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Vengeance did get an extra dose of power. It is the second most powerful (kinda. Depends on the state of the thread). It was Plot's (P) sword that he used, thus it got the most. The Blades split after that. And I've heard that the blade he has is "Suddenly Pineapples." It is the most powerful as the Suddenly part fits with the chaos of the thread, and the Pineapples part obviously means Plot-induced-non-essential-adequate-powerful-pranking-leading-edible-stuff, which has to do with plot! Plus it shows up in almost every plot."

The ally takes a deep breath.

"Okay, we can go now."

The brave adventurer cocks his head. “Second most powerful? I didn’t know that. I thought it was merely among the most powerful, particularly when it comes to killing those who have wronged you.”

The brave adventurer cocks his head. “Second most powerful? I didn’t know that. I thought it was merely among the most powerful, particularly when it comes to killing those who have wronged you.”

The brave adventurer takes a handful of sand and sprinkles it on his face, eyes slowly drifting shut as he falls asleep.

After moving into the unreal space, the ally continues talking.

"I don't know if it actually is the second most powerful. That's what Platypus told me, and he's wielded multiple Blades so I think he's probably right on that. And it doesn't have to be killing, any kind of revenge fuels it more. It would be quite powerful against Subversion if he were to use it against her."

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I don't know if it actually is the second most powerful. That's what Platypus told me, and he's wielded multiple Blades so I think he's probably right on that. And it doesn't have to be killing, any kind of revenge fuels it more. It would be quite powerful against Subversion if he were to use it against her."

The brave adventurer takes a handful of sand and sprinkles it on his face, eyes slowly drifting shut as he falls asleep.

Across from the adventurer and the ally stands the void-eyed man. His eyes narrow as they appear.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Tocf appeared in Unreal Space from wherever he had gotten off to. "Huh. Nerdy always said that while Vengance was quite powerful, it wasn't always useful. They said that it was kind of a one-trick pony. I remember them mentioning Analysis as more powerful, as it's much more versatile. Anyway, Suddenly Pineapples is the undisputed most powerful Plotblade. I read a lot on this subject."

Kilometers appears next to them.

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

Tocf appeared in Unreal Space from wherever he had gotten off to. "Huh. Nerdy always said that while Vengance was quite powerful, it wasn't always useful. They said that it was kind of a one-trick pony. I remember them mentioning Analysis as more powerful, as it's much more versatile. Anyway, Suddenly Pineapples is the undisputed most powerful Plotblade. I read a lot on this subject."

"Nerdy was right about it being un-versatile, but it's power is more concentrated that way. It comes close to Suddenly Pineapples at times, but never surpasses it."

Leave my blade alone! It was Plot's sword, it would be close to the most powerful, if not the most (but since that is Suddenly Pineapples, it will have to settle for second). So there.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Kilometers appears next to them.

"Nerdy was right about it being un-versatile, but it's power is more concentrated that way. It comes close to Suddenly Pineapples at times, but never surpasses it."

Leave my blade alone! It was Plot's sword, it would be close to the most powerful, if not the most (but since that is Suddenly Pineapples, it will have to settle for second). So there.

"Ah, yes. That makes sense. Anyway, do we have to have a showdown right now? I was looking forward to more lore first."

"I don't know that we have a choice. If we do, more lore would be better. It's cool. Like, what happens if Plot comes back to life by virtue of us doing a plot? Would we have to combine the Plotblades to force that to happen? I'm thinking probably."

"I believe it is somewhat of an open question whether or not the entity known as 'Plot' actually existed, or whether it is a modern mythos brought about by a tendency towards anthropomorphization." 

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I believe it is somewhat of an open question whether or not the entity known as 'Plot' actually existed, or whether it is a modern mythos brought about by a tendency towards anthropomorphization." 

"Well, the existence of Plotblades clinches it, doesn't it? The only explanation for their existence is that there was a guy named Plot. However, when Plot got shattered, a lot of his power was lost, actually creating TLT. That's why this thread exists, but it does mean that we can't revive Plot without destroying the thread."

"No. I met Plot. He was kinda weird."

"Hmm," remarked the inspector, scribbling on his clipboard. "Perhaps it will not remain an open question for much longer."

Just now, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Well, the existence of Plotblades clinches it, doesn't it? The only explanation for their existence is that there was a guy named Plot. However, when Plot got shattered, a lot of his power was lost, actually creating TLT. That's why this thread exists, but it does mean that we can't revive Plot without destroying the thread."

"I don't know about only explanation. I have my own theories."