The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Stumbling for a second, she has a realization. I've almost won. I'm close. Shooting back towards the void-eyed man, she dodges around and... keeps running?

The destroyer narrows his eyes as the ally shoots past him and his tower. Is she going to bother someone else now?

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The brave adventurer begins tossing Sequence materials to help her build more quickly.

Sequence thanked the brave adventurer and continued to work on her tower, which had gotten to about two feet tall.

Meanwhile, Everyone decided to try to sabotage the towers. Was that against the rules? They didn't care. Who gave a toot about some stinking Plotblade anyway?

19 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence thanked the brave adventurer and continued to work on her tower, which had gotten to about two feet tall.

Meanwhile, Everyone decided to try to sabotage the towers. Was that against the rules? They didn't care. Who gave a toot about some stinking Plotblade anyway?

The guide watched without remarking.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyer looks at the heavy wooden block in his hand and his eyes narrow.

With a yell, he hurls himself from the top of his tower, chucking the block in his hand as hard as he can at the ally.

The ally dodged.

10 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone grinned and sauntered off towards the ally's tower, which they also attempted to topple over.

When Everyone tries, their hands go through it.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

When Everyone tries, their hands go through it.

Well there's no way for it to be an illusion without breaking the rules, so...

Everyone's hands knock blocks out of the foundation, leaving it destabilized.

A moment later, the destroyer crashes into the side of the ally's tower, transferring all of the force of his jump into it. With the foundation removed, it teeters dangerously.

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Well there's no way for it to be an illusion without breaking the rules, so...

Everyone's hands knock blocks out of the foundation, leaving it destabilized.

A moment later, the destroyer crashes into the side of the ally's tower, transferring all of the force of his jump into it. With the foundation removed, it teeters dangerously.

do you not often carry a hologram projector with you? The ally does. :P jk, that's what I was gonna do, but yours can be canon. I was planning on having mine fall soon anyway. (and by fall, I mean not exist.

The ally ignores her tower and throws her full weight into the destroyer's tower, sending it teetering.

Unfortunately, he was keeping an eye on the wrong person. Everyone walked up, whistling innocently. They then pulled out a rather beefy looking wooden plank, and prepared to swing it at the brave adventurer's tower. Sequence's tower had been knocked over at least four times now, but she had managed to get it to about seven feet. How tall was this ceiling?

Tocf smiled. One of the flowers appeared in his hand. "I'll admit. I expected for these to give me more control over this region of unreal space, but I'm pleased with the outcome."

The flower started to change shape into a throwing star. "So. What do I want right now? I want Sequence to win. So..."

Tocf threw the throwing star at the Destroyer's tower, knocking a brick out.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

do you not often carry a hologram projector with you? The ally does. :P jk, that's what I was gonna do, but yours can be canon. I was planning on having mine fall soon anyway. (and by fall, I mean not exist.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. That's none of your business. :ph34r:

But regardless, a hologram projector is a tool, and therefore prohibited under the rules. If the ally were using a hologram projector, it would have shut off as soon as it was turned on.

42 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Tocf smiled. One of the flowers appeared in his hand. "I'll admit. I expected for these to give me more control over this region of unreal space, but I'm pleased with the outcome."

The flower started to change shape into a throwing star. "So. What do I want right now? I want Sequence to win. So..."

Tocf threw the throwing star at the Destroyer's tower, knocking a brick out.

The inspector blinked over and caught the throwing star before it could land, an irritated look on his face. "For the last time! No tools, no energy manipulation!" He sniffed. "Do you think trying to circumvent the rules will win you any favors with Onyx?"

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The ally ignores her tower and throws her full weight into the destroyer's tower, sending it teetering.

The destroyer didn't notice the ally's attempted sabotage, as he was too wrapped up his own. With a final push, the ally's tower fell over and crashed to the floor.

28 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone stumbled backwards, looking a bit surprised. They shrugged, then walked back to the destroyer's tower. It was pretty sturdy, but with a good shove they could probably send it over.

The tower teetered dangerously, having been destabilized by several previous pushes.

43 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Unfortunately, he was keeping an eye on the wrong person. Everyone walked up, whistling innocently. They then pulled out a rather beefy looking wooden plank, and prepared to swing it at the brave adventurer's tower. Sequence's tower had been knocked over at least four times now, but she had managed to get it to about seven feet. How tall was this ceiling?

13 feet above Sequence's seven-foot tall tower, the ceiling waited with anticipation.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The tower teetered dangerously, having been destabilized by several previous pushes.

Everyone grinned, cracking their knuckles. With a deep breath, they stepped back and threw all their weight into the tower.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

13 feet above Sequence's seven-foot tall tower, the ceiling waited with anticipation.

Sequence looked up and sighed, continuing. While she was moving slower than everyone else, she'd managed to get up to nine feet at this point.

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Everyone grinned, cracking their knuckles. With a deep breath, they stepped back and threw all their weight into the tower.

The tower toppled, plummeting with steady assurance to the ground. The destroyer whirled around, empty eyes focusing on Everyone. They narrowed, and he charged.

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Everyone smiled, bowed, and sank into the floor through a misty opening. It sealed as soon as they were out of sight.

"Ah-ah!" The inspector held the opening open with his foot. "Where do you think you're going?"

With a roar of rage, the destroyer plummeted into the hole in the ground after Everyone.