The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

"Not really. Narrators are beings with godlike power who create people, places, and plots, they basically do whatever they want. Authors are... more mysterious. They're the ones who made this place, and they only very rarely interact with the world in any way besides through their Narrator and, less commonly, through their characters. Plotblades are remnants of an entity known as Plot, powerful weapons that embody certain aspects of plot." Unintelligible pulled his sword out of its sheath. "This is one of them. Not sure exactly what aspect it is, but I think it's something along the lines of "sidekick". Not a very powerful Blade, as Plotblades go, but it's better than nothing."

"Well, it makes me extremely powerful and basically invincible. For about five minutes, at least." Unintelligible sighs. "Just after I meet someone new, I briefly gain a burst of power, but after I get to know them, that power mostly goes away. Might be other things the Blade can do, but that's what I've figured out about it so far."

Second looks down at the leg. “I don’t actually know… I don’t remember anything but the last three days.” He truly was also curios of the metal leg, it certainly was strange. It was made of many little metals and pieces, almost like there are glowing gears underneath. It has a faint green glow coming from the cracks where the metals meet and it shows through the layers. Surprisingly the leg wasn’t very heavy at all, maybe weighed as much as an actual human leg. It also seemed to operate the same way an actual leg and foot would, rolling and twisting. It’s clearly heavily robotic, yet something’s off. 

“I’m not actually sure… I saw him fall into a chasm and I dived in after him. When I got to the bottom I was told by this… this creepy voice that it was too late and suddenly I appeared here. I hardly know anything.”

"So he might not be dead." Unintelligible cocked his head. "I'm curious. Where did you meet The? How long did you know him?"

--

Nameless opened his mouth to tell Shadow something else, but was cut off as the fog suddenly thickened, shrouding his form until it was barely distinguishable from the other shifting shapes in the fog. "It looks like I'm out of time. I wish I could help you more, but I'm bending the rules just being here." As he spoke, the fog became even more dense, indistinct shapes coming closer to reality. "You'll find Moniker in the ruins of the Ghanderflaffle empire. When the time is right, Moni will know what to do." Nameless' voice faded as he spoke, as Shadow felt himself waking up. "I wish... Be careful, Shadow. Don't trust anyone. This enemy, he is differ-"

Shadow woke up, still in Nameless' empty house.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 

Edited by Nameless*

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless opened his mouth to tell Shadow something else, but was cut off as the fog suddenly thickened, shrouding his form until it was barely distinguishable from the other shifting shapes in the fog. "It looks like I'm out of time. I wish I could help you more, but I'm bending the rules just being here." As he spoke, the fog became even more dense, indistinct shapes coming closer to reality. "You'll find Moniker in the ruins of the Ghanderflaffle empire. When the time is right, Moni will know what to do." Nameless' voice faded as he spoke, as Shadow felt himself waking up. "I wish... Be careful, Shadow. Don't trust anyone. This enemy, he is differ-"

Shadow woke up, still in Nameless' empty house.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 

*grin*

Shadow felt consciousness come back to his mind and drew in a breath, his being flickering slightly, shadowy energy moving in his pale eyes. Micheal stood there, looking concerned at him.

"You talk when you sleep," Micheal said.

"Nameless knows who it is." Shadow said calmly, standing up and dusting off his suit, which extended into a more fanciful style. "We are going to find Moni in the remains of the Ghanderflaffle Empire."

"Hmm..." Micheal nodded. "Then let's go. If Moni can help, I'll take it."

"Revenge is not a good thing for characters," Shadow said musingly. 

Micheal said nothing for a long minute, finally he said, "It's the only thing I have left, Shadow."

"Understandable," Shadow formed a portal using darkness, stepping through it. Micheal followed.

They saw a sliver of the remnants of the Ghanderflaffle Empire and-

Their surroundings changed.

Shadow paled, reaching with his powers, trying to shift paths back to the Empire, but it was too late.

They had appeared in a place that was very much not the area Shadow wanted to be in.

1 hour ago, Lightweaver2 said:

After standing outside of the gazebo for a long while, Drilk enters to receive his blade.

Just inside, he finds a formless figure made of multifaceted light. The figure speaks softly. "Drilk. I give you a warning. It would not be fair to allow you to claim the blade you seek without informing you of its dangers."

7 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“Ok then, what are the dangers?” Drilk says. “Get on with it.”

"The blade is made of Mordite, Chaotic Darkness solidified.  Any injury inflicted by the blade will be nigh-impossible to heal, and I do mean nigh-impossible. Even Narrators would find the task difficult. More importantly, the blade will be able to kill any foe, no matter how powerful. This is why your master has sent you to claim it. As a Narrator, Thaidakar cannot be slain by anything else. So be very careful with this blade. While you carry it, some of the most powerful forces in TLT will have reason to fear you." 

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"The blade is made of Mordite, Chaotic Darkness solidified.  Any injury inflicted by the blade will be nigh-impossible to heal, and I do mean nigh-impossible. Even Narrators would find the task difficult. More importantly, the blade will be able to kill any foe, no matter how powerful. This is why your master has sent you to claim it. As a Narrator, Thaidakar cannot be slain by anything else. So be very careful with this blade. While you carry it, some of the most powerful forces in TLT will have reason to fear you." 

“Ok, I’ll take care. Where can I find Thaidakar?” Drilk asks, taking the blade.