The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

14 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“Ok, I’ll take care. Where can I find Thaidakar?” Drilk asks, taking the blade.

The figure begins fading away. "You misunderstand. I do not wish you to succeed; I merely needed to inform you of the dangers of carrying that blade. To do otherwise would not be honorable. However, I doubt Thaidakar will be hard to find. He is... not very subtle."

page 2400!

Edited by Nameless*

17 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Interesting. Do you think it had anything to do with this new enemy guy? The one that's probably not Plot?"

Second nods slightly. “I suppose it could be.”

4 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Second nods slightly. “I suppose it could be.”

"In that case, you're going to have a very hard time. This enemy undoubtedly has powers strong enough to be a threat to all of reality. For mere mortals like you and I, stopping whatever is coming should be impossible."

"There are ways, none easy. Especially if you want to find a powerful Plotblade. For one powerful enough to make a difference in the coming battle..." Unintelligible sighed. "We'll probably want to talk to a Narrator."

We really should make a list of Plotblades that exist so we don't make duplicates. off the top of my head, I remember Conflict, Vengeance, Unity, Plot, Suddenly Pineapples, and Sidekick (Unintelligible's new Blade). Does anyone else remember others that I'm forgetting?
@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Bookwyrm @Sequence @xinoehp512

Edited by Nameless*

10 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"There are ways, none easy. Especially if you want to find a powerful Plotblade. For one powerful enough to make a difference in the coming battle..." Unintelligible sighed. "We'll probably want to talk to a Narrator."

We really should make a list of Plotblades that exist so we don't make duplicates. off the top of my head, I remember Conflict, Vengeance, Unity, Plot, Suddenly Pineapples, and Sidekick (Unintelligible's new Blade). Does anyone else remember others that I'm forgetting?

Spook has Character.

13 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Spook has Character.

Right. I knew he had one that I was forgetting.

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

I assume Drilk’s blade is not a plotblade?

That is correct. It's Mordite, which is different. Xinoeph512 has some blogs about TLT lore like Mordite on his profile if you want to know more.

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Right. I knew he had one that I was forgetting.

That is correct. It's Mordite, which is different. Xinoeph512 has some blogs about TLT lore like Mordite on his profile if you want to know more.

I loved writing the Temple of Plot sequence... I gotta have a revisit to that place sometime

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

No, but I would note that the Plotblade of Unity has been split in two. The main blade is under Bookwyrm's control, currently in the hands of Rym, and a shadow of the blade is in the hands of Avatar the avatar.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

No, but I would note that the Plotblade of Unity has been split in two. The main blade is under Bookwyrm's control, currently in the hands of Rym, and a shadow of the blade is in the hands of Avatar the avatar.

Yep. It’s in the word doc I’m putting together.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:47 PM, Nameless* said:

sounds about right

Thaidakar paced back and forth on the stage, the crowd starting to drain out. Spook had addressed them a few minutes ago, stating that he would do his best to have all the avatars be given better living conditions and more of a say in what their Narrator participated in. The lad had done a rather good job in Thaidakar's opinion, he'd learned from one of the best after all. Most of the characters wanted Spook in the position Thaidakar was in the process of giving him. Shame they hadn't liked him in the position of Narrator... Ah well, you can't have everything in the world.

He sat down on the ledge, deep in thought, when, quite suddenly, a sandal smacked him in the face.

21 hours ago, Nameless* said:

A figure appeared beside Shadow and Michael. "Where are we? I'm Curious."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"Hi Curious," Micheal said dryly.

Shadow looked around, their surroundings a plane of pure blankness, an unused canvas, an expanse of absence of all being. "Well, this is the last place I want to be..."

29 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Hi Curious," Micheal said dryly.

Shadow looked around, their surroundings a plane of pure blankness, an unused canvas, an expanse of absence of all being. "Well, this is the last place I want to be..."

"What... is this place?" Curiosity looked around inquiringly. "Unused space? By the way, have you seen Power?"

Just now, Nameless* said:

"What... is this place?" Curiosity looked around inquiringly. "Unused space? By the way, have you seen Power?"

Shadow gazed at the space with horrified wonder, "This is What-Could've-Been." He sounded wistful, "This is what could've happened if... a few certain events went differently. The removal and presentation of this outcome has been erased forever, but..." Shadow shook his head, "I will never forget how many people were unravelled and how much of TLT was changed... I am the only one, besides one or two other people, who remembers it."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow gazed at the space with horrified wonder, "This is What-Could've-Been." He sounded wistful, "This is what could've happened if... a few certain events went differently. The removal and presentation of this outcome has been erased forever, but..." Shadow shook his head, "I will never forget how many people were unravelled and how much of TLT was changed... I am the only one, besides one or two other people, who remembers it."

Curiousity found this very curious. "Why did everyone forget? To make the Narrators forget... doesn't seem possible."

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He sat down on the ledge, deep in thought, when, quite suddenly, a sandal smacked him in the face.

Drilk smiled, pulling off his other sandal. He threw it at the man his informants said was Thaidakar, then teleported next to the him, raising his Mordite dagger.

14 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Curiousity found this very curious. "Why did everyone forget? To make the Narrators forget... doesn't seem possible."

"You forget what thread we're in," Shadow said dryly. "Nothing and everything is impossible, it depends on the person. Someone very powerful found a way to exploit loopholes in a way that should not be uttered by anyone. For, if it were revealed..." Shadow shook his head. "The Narrators were cleverly manipulated into falling into a trap, a trap that would unravel them and cripple their Author's reach into TLT. It was a time I'd rather not see again. The enemy was only defeated by quick wit and some clever Narration."

5 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk smiled, pulling off his other sandal. He threw it at the man his informants said was Thaidakar, then teleported next to the him, raising his Mordite dagger.

Thaidakar didn't fall for it a second time. He caught the second sandal, just in time to slam it into Drilk's legs, throwing him aside as if he were a piece of straw. The narrator stood, whistling and striding towards Drink. "Assassination attempt, eh?" The Narrator tossed the sandal into the air, catching it and twirling it through his fingers, "Good weapons."

54 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"You forget what thread we're in," Shadow said dryly. "Nothing and everything is impossible, it depends on the person. Someone very powerful found a way to exploit loopholes in a way that should not be uttered by anyone. For, if it were revealed..." Shadow shook his head. "The Narrators were cleverly manipulated into falling into a trap, a trap that would unravel them and cripple their Author's reach into TLT. It was a time I'd rather not see again. The enemy was only defeated by quick wit and some clever Narration."

Curiosity nodded slowly. “I guess that makes sense. Who found the loophole? And which Narrator defeated their plan?”

Just now, Nameless* said:

Curiosity nodded slowly. “I guess that makes sense. Who found the loophole? And which Narrator defeated their plan?”

"The Narrator themselves doesn't even know, their Author removed it from their head for continuity's sake," Shadow stated, still gazing out at the infinite nothing. "But the person who found the loophole... There was once a being who injected the very fiber of their essence, their very thoughts, hopes, dreams, nightmares... voice... The Author went insane and the character, the being, was given free reign over the Author's soul, slowly becoming more and more real, until..." Shadow shivered. "They and their author have been erased from history, only the shadow of a memory remains."

Micheal listened with interest, "What was the character's name?"

Shadow stood silently, letting the question hang in the air for a long time before saying, "Only a shadow of a memory of who they were, who they once were, who their Author was, remains... Remember, nothing is truly impossible in TLT. Not even full crossovers..." Shadow looked wistful. "They are not who you think, nor were they who you thought, but they were very real, and I would rather they remain in the past... darkness only lies in what their ideas could bring to TLT."

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"The Narrator themselves doesn't even know, their Author removed it from their head for continuity's sake," Shadow stated, still gazing out at the infinite nothing. "But the person who found the loophole... There was once a being who injected the very fiber of their essence, their very thoughts, hopes, dreams, nightmares... voice... The Author went insane and the character, the being, was given free reign over the Author's soul, slowly becoming more and more real, until..." Shadow shivered. "They and their author have been erased from history, only the shadow of a memory remains."

Micheal listened with interest, "What was the character's name?"

Shadow stood silently, letting the question hang in the air for a long time before saying, "Only a shadow of a memory of who they were, who they once were, who their Author was, remains... Remember, nothing is truly impossible in TLT. Not even full crossovers..." Shadow looked wistful. "They are not who you think, nor were they who you thought, but they were very real, and I would rather they remain in the past... darkness only lies in what their ideas could bring to TLT."

Curiosity nodded again. “Interesting! I didn’t know that before. I bet I’ll love having that information once I’m whole again. Anyways, how do we leave here? I’d help, but I’m practically powerless.”

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Curiosity nodded again. “Interesting! I didn’t know that before. I bet I’ll love having that information once I’m whole again. Anyways, how do we leave here? I’d help, but I’m practically powerless.”

The inclination to say this

Spoiler

7ul031.jpg.2fbb1f0cc2fb605a2db0ba066580ae35.jpg

"We can't leave without help... We have to wait till a Narrator from a different Author decides to pull us out, for some reason," Shadow said with a sigh. "And, only then, if that Narrator doesn't come here. If they do, another Narrator has to do the job and so on."

"Sounds convenient," Micheal said sarcastically. "In the meantime, I brought a deck of Mistborn cards, comes with the care package Thaidakar tried to get out for a good while for all the characters his Author put out. It didn't end well when he tried to have a Christmas postcard in one... Spook rallied the other characters, avatars, etc. and burned them all in a massive bonfire..." Micheal grinned. "I must say, it was fun seeing Thaidakar's expression..." He fished in his pocket for the deck, finally lifting it into the air, "Wanna play 21?"