The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

25 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"We can't leave without help... We have to wait till a Narrator from a different Author decides to pull us out, for some reason," Shadow said with a sigh. "And, only then, if that Narrator doesn't come here. If they do, another Narrator has to do the job and so on."

"Sounds convenient," Micheal said sarcastically. "In the meantime, I brought a deck of Mistborn cards, comes with the care package Thaidakar tried to get out for a good while for all the characters his Author put out. It didn't end well when he tried to have a Christmas postcard in one... Spook rallied the other characters, avatars, etc. and burned them all in a massive bonfire..." Micheal grinned. "I must say, it was fun seeing Thaidakar's expression..." He fished in his pocket for the deck, finally lifting it into the air, "Wanna play 21?"

Curiosity gasped, stricken. "We... we're stuck here? But there's nothing new here! It's just a boring nonsense place! I can't take it. Tell me there's some way to escape that won't take forever." She sat down, breathing quickly. "Did you say 21? I don't know how to play that game."

--

Reasoning appeared next to Bookwyrm. "Hey. Can you help me with something?"

@The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Curiosity gasped, stricken. "We... we're stuck here? But there's nothing new here! It's just a boring nonsense place! I can't take it. Tell me there's some way to escape that won't take forever." She sat down, breathing quickly. "Did you say 21? I don't know how to play that game."

"Ah, but there is something new," Micheal said, dealing her a hand. "What's new is your experience playing 21!"

"Micheal cheats at it," Shadow said contentedly, sitting down too. "It's simple..." Shadow goes on to explain the rules, something like this for example. 

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Ah, but there is something new," Micheal said, dealing her a hand. "What's new is your experience playing 21!"

"Micheal cheats at it," Shadow said contentedly, sitting down too. "It's simple..." Shadow goes on to explain the rules, something like this for example. 

Curiosity listens with rapt attention. “Sounds fun! I guess I have some things I could bet. I’m had all sorts of interesting things just lying around before I got split, and none of the other me’s seemed to want them.”

Edited by Nameless*

13 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Curiosity listens with rapt attention. “Sounds fun! I guess I have some things I could bet. I’m had all sorts of interesting things just lying around before I got split, and none of the other me’s seemed to want them.”

"We don't have to bet the first round," Micheal said.

Before Micheal could say more, Shadow interjected, "He's trying to get you comfortable so he can nick all your money in a clever, yet cheating, move later on."

Micheal shot Shadow an affronted look, "I would never-" 

Shadow interrupted once more, "You even cheated against Thaidakar when he was Adonalsium."

"Thaidakar had it coming to him, though..." Micheal grinned, glancing at his cards once more.

11 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk lunges at Thaidakar, stabbing his blade toward Thaidakar’s heart.

Thaidakar moves like lightning, grabbing Drilk's wrist and twisting him, using his own force to propel him across the room and into a distant wall, the dagger missing its mark entirely.

Drilk slams into the wall and pain flares through his back. “This is harder than I expected it to be,” he said, pulling out another one of his potions. He downs it, and splits into four versions of himself. Each one is a true copy of him, but any copies of magical items have no magic properties. The Drilks smile, rushing Thaidakar, raising their Mordite daggers. 

22 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"We don't have to bet the first round," Micheal said.

Before Micheal could say more, Shadow interjected, "He's trying to get you comfortable so he can nick all your money in a clever, yet cheating, move later on."

Micheal shot Shadow an affronted look, "I would never-" 

Shadow interrupted once more, "You even cheated against Thaidakar when he was Adonalsium."

"Thaidakar had it coming to him, though..." Micheal grinned, glancing at his cards once more.

Curiosity shrugged. "I don't have much money, actually. Just a Plotblade, some Prismite that formed from small chunks of my soul when the split happened, a partially-formed character or two, and a few other things like that."

Edited by Nameless*

24 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk slams into the wall and pain flares through his back. “This is harder than I expected it to be,” he said, pulling out another one of his potions. He downs it, and splits into four versions of himself. Each one is a true copy of him, but any copies of magical items have no magic properties. The Drilks smile, rushing Thaidakar, raising their Mordite daggers. 

Thaidakar flipped impossibly high into the air, grinning, power trailing off of him, the tip of the dagger barely scratching his foot. He landed behind the Drilks, narrating eight daggers into existence in the air. He waves his hand with flourish, two going to each Drilk.

23 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Curiosity shrugged. "I don't have much money, actually. Just a Plotblade, some Prismite that formed from small chunks of my soul when the split happened, a partially-formed character or two, and a few other things like that."

"Ah, characters? That's an interesting thing to bet with..." Shadow said, smiling softly. "I once bet Micheal's child, I won. Good thing too, or Micheal and Lindy would have..." Noting Micheal's expression, Shadow silenced himself. Micheal was taking the loss of his family hard, which was completely understandable.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Ah, characters? That's an interesting thing to bet with..." Shadow said, smiling softly. "I once bet Micheal's child, I won. Good thing too, or Micheal and Lindy would have..." Noting Micheal's expression, Shadow silenced himself. Micheal was taking the loss of his family hard, which was completely understandable.

"I would ask to know more, but I already learned about Micheal's backstory after he so dramatically showed up. In any case, what do you have to bet? It had better be interesting."

Edited by Nameless*

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"I would ask to know more, but I already learned about Micheal's backstory after he so dramatically showed up. In any case, what do you have to bet? It had better be interesting."

"I'm going to bet some ancient coins from a different canon," Shadow stated, setting down several weatherworn gold coins on the ground.

Micheal withdrew a small package and set it down, "I will bet this."

Shadow raised an eyebrow, "And what exactly is that?"

"You'll see," Micheal said lightly.

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar flipped impossibly high into the air, grinning, power trailing off of him, the tip of the dagger barely scratching his foot. He landed behind the Drilks, narrating eight daggers into existence in the air. He waves his hand with flourish, two going to each Drilk.

They said that a scratch would be painful,, the original Drilk thought. I’ll come finish him off later. He, the Drilk with the true Mordite blade, had been the one to scratch Thaidakar. The original Drlik teleported away, leaving his copies to die. They would have disintegrated in around an hour anyway.

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm going to bet some ancient coins from a different canon," Shadow stated, setting down several weatherworn gold coins on the ground.

Micheal withdrew a small package and set it down, "I will bet this."

Shadow raised an eyebrow, "And what exactly is that?"

"You'll see," Micheal said lightly.

Curiosity eyed Shadow’s coins, then turned her gaze to Micheal’s package, eyes lighting up with excitement. “Alright. I’ll match your bets.” She pulled a bag from somewhere and opened the top briefly to look inside, a rainbow shimmer leaking out as she did so. Satisfied, Curiosity tied the bag shut and set it on the ground in front of her. “One bag of concentrated Narrativium. High quality, pulled directly from the soul of a Narrator.”

2 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

They said that a scratch would be painful,, the original Drilk thought. I’ll come finish him off later. He, the Drilk with the true Mordite blade, had been the one to scratch Thaidakar. The original Drlik teleported away, leaving his copies to die. They would have disintegrated in around an hour anyway.

Thaidakar grinned as the other Drilks fell to his daggers. Fire burned from those deadly blades, consuming their corpses until nothing remained. Thaidakar dusted off his suit, pulling a lighter out of his pocket and a cigar made of beef sticks. He turned the lighter on, something soapy coming from it. He dipped the cigar in the soap, putting the tube back into his mouth. Bubbles start floating up from the odd brown thing that people like to suck on randomly. Thaidakar personally didn't get it why people liked cigars, but he loved to blow bubbles while chewing on a beef stick. The pain in his foot grew and grew, but he was used to pain. You had to be used to pain in... The narrator shook his head, murmuring to himself, "Not thinking about that today..." With pain leaking into his body, threatening to send Thaidakar into flashbacks, the pompous fool strode off, whistling merrily as he chewed on a beefstick, bubbles floating behind him.

Curiosity eyed Shadow’s coins, then turned her gaze to Micheal’s package, eyes lighting up with excitement. “Alright. I’ll match your bets.” She pulled a bag from somewhere and opened the top briefly to look inside, a rainbow shimmer leaking out as she did so. Satisfied, Curiosity tied the bag shut and set it on the ground in front of her. “One bag of concentrated Narrativium. High quality, pulled directly from the soul of a Narrator.”

Shadow grinned, "I suddenly want to win this game."

On 8/2/2023 at 9:26 PM, Nameless* said:

--

Reasoning appeared next to Bookwyrm. "Hey. Can you help me with something?"

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm burst from another inactivity fluctuation, gasping for breath.

"Gah," he said. "I hate it when that happens."

He turned to Reasoning. "What is it?"

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm burst from another inactivity fluctuation, gasping for breath.

"Gah," he said. "I hate it when that happens."

He turned to Reasoning. "What is it?"

Reasoning looked up in surprise and relief, lowering the small device she'd apparently been shouting at. "Bookwyrm! Thank goodness. Listen, Curiosity, Shadow, and Michael got themselves trapped in this what-if place that traps anyone who enters for some reason-including you, so please don't teleport to them-and the only way to get them out is through the aid of a Narrator from a different Author." She grimaced at the device she was holding. "You have to hurry. She's already gambled away a whole bag of our soul, Basically every new character I were working on before the split aside from the few I managed to hide from her, and the only Plotblade I own! I don't know what else she's got, but please, get her out of there before she loses anything else."

--

Curiosity looked at the large pile of stuff sitting next to Michael and Shadow, then starting rummaging through her pockets. "Surely I have something else. I could've sworn I had-aha! oh, wait." She looked up at Michael and Shadow's stuff again, then hesitantly pulled out a small sphere that appeared to be made of some kind of metal, setting it down in front of herself. "I didn't mention this at first, since I'm actually still curious about what this is, but... well, I'd really like to know what's in that package of yours Michael."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Edited by Nameless*

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Curiosity looked at the large pile of stuff sitting next to Michael and Shadow, then starting rummaging through her pockets. "Surely I have something else. I could've sworn I had-aha!, oh, wait." She looked up at Michael and Shadow's stuff again, then hesitantly pulled out a small sphere that appeared to be made of some kind of metal and set it down in front of herself. "I didn't mention this at first, since I'm actually still curious about what this is, but... well, I'd really like to know what's in that package of yours Michael."

Time to prove that Shadow's a softie.

Shadow smiled as Micheal dealt the cards again.

As the game went on, Micheal began cheating more heavily. Shadow winked at Curiosity and flicked his finger slightly, the two cards in Curiosity's hand changing forms to aces, thereby making Curiosity when if it goes on.

Shadow says, "All in," shoving his stuff into the middle of the pile.

Micheal blinks, "Fine. All in." He does the same.

54 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow smiled as Micheal dealt the cards again.

As the game went on, Micheal began cheating more heavily. Shadow winked at Curiosity and flicked his finger slightly, the two cards in Curiosity's hand changing forms to aces, thereby making Curiosity when if it goes on.

Shadow says, "All in," shoving his stuff into the middle of the pile.

Micheal blinks, "Fine. All in." He does the same.

Curiosity nodded to herself, pushing the sphere into the central pile. "I'd say this about matches your bets. Don't tell anyone, but I actually didn't find this at my base. I found it"-she lowered her voice to a barely audible whisper-"At Nameless' house, locked away in a hidden room."

Edited by Nameless*

7 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Reasoning looked up in surprise and relief, lowering the small device she'd apparently been shouting at. "Bookwyrm! Thank goodness. Listen, Curiosity, Shadow, and Michael got themselves trapped in this what-if place that traps anyone who enters for some reason-including you, so please don't teleport to them-and the only way to get them out is through the aid of a Narrator from a different Author." She grimaced at the device she was holding. "You have to hurry. She's already gambled away a whole bag of our soul, Basically every new character I were working on before the split aside from the few I managed to hide from her, and the only Plotblade I own! I don't know what else she's got, but please, get her out of there before she loses anything else."

...I think some things may have happened while I was gone, Bookwyrm thought to himself. I don't know...any of those people.

"Okay," he said slowly. "But how do I get them out from...wherever we are? I'm guessing there's Narration in place to just counteract any Narrating I do to just...make them be not in there."

8 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

...I think some things may have happened while I was gone, Bookwyrm thought to himself. I don't know...any of those people.

"Okay," he said slowly. "But how do I get them out from...wherever we are? I'm guessing there's Narration in place to just counteract any Narrating I do to just...make them be not in there."

"I don't know." Reasoning shrugged. "It might just be as simple as Narrating them out, or there might be more to it. Shadow implied it would be pretty easy."

"I don't know." Reasoning shrugged. "It might just be as simple as Narrating them out, or there might be more to it. Shadow implied it would be pretty easy."

"Huh. Okay, then."

Shadow, Michael, and Curiosity found themselves sitting in a grassy field, with no trace of their previous surroundings.