The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 8/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, Lightweaver2 said:

“What is it? Has Thaidakar been incapacitated?” Drilk asks.

"Thaidakar is in his mansion, unconscious. None of the characters can wake him." They smiled at Drilk. "Now is the time to strike!"

On 8/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Nameless* said:

When the swirl of darkness cleared, Shadow and Micheal found themselves at the main gate of the ruined Ghanderflaffle empire. The once-vibrant city was now eerily silent, walls crumbling as if they'd been abandoned for centuries.

Shadow strode forward, "Well... it's time to get answers." 

Micheal followed, "What are you going to do?" 

"This," Pure darkness emerged from Shadow's pale curling fingers. The darkness formed an arrow in the air, pointing to wherever Moni was. "I took a sample of Nameless's narration and engineered it to find a specific frequency. Aka, it's pointing us to Moni."

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow strode forward, "Well... it's time to get answers." 

Micheal followed, "What are you going to do?" 

"This," Pure darkness emerged from Shadow's pale curling fingers. The darkness formed an arrow in the air, pointing to wherever Moni was. "I took a sample of Nameless's narration and engineered it to find a specific frequency. Aka, it's pointing us to Moni."

The arrow pointed deeper into the city, towards the ruins of a building that might have been the great Ghanderflaffle library.

Edited by Nameless*
Spelling Ghandeflaffle is hard.

8 hours ago, Sequence said:

"Subversion's Power, I assume? Sounds nasty."

"I wouldn't say nasty, but she might be a problem. Reasoning seemed to think so, and sent Imagination and me to find her. Well, and Whimsy too, but she got distracted."

17 hours ago, Nameless* said:

“That sounds reasonable. I assume you can take us to where he lives?”

"Yep."

Bookwyrm and Reasoning were suddenly standing in front of Eof's house. Wherever that was in the universe.

"I wonder if he still has any of his children around...and what Esmerelda is up to."

Bookwyrm walked up to the door and knocked.

26 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Yep."

Bookwyrm and Reasoning were suddenly standing in front of Eof's house. Wherever that was in the universe.

"I wonder if he still has any of his children around...and what Esmerelda is up to."

Bookwyrm walked up to the door and knocked.

Eof opened the door. "Hello Bookwyrm, Reasoning. I can tell you what it is."

18 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The arrow pointed deeper into the city, towards the ruins of a building that might have been the great Ghanderflaffle library.

Shadow strode forward, Micheal trailing behind him. After a few minutes, they reached the building. Shadow glanced around the ruins.

7 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"I wouldn't say nasty, but she might be a problem. Reasoning seemed to think so, and sent Imagination and me to find her. Well, and Whimsy too, but she got distracted."

"Fun. Ten bits of Subversion probably cause significantly less trouble than one full one, right?"

18 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow strode forward, Micheal trailing behind him. After a few minutes, they reached the building. Shadow glanced around the ruins.

Inside the building they found Moni, standing before a dagger that had been driven into the ground hilt-deep. The Avatar had her back to them and was staring into empty space, motionless.

15 hours ago, Sequence said:

"Fun. Ten bits of Subversion probably cause significantly less trouble than one full one, right?"

“Er, yeah. probably.” Curiosity coughed.  “Although Reasoning did say that Power might… explode.”

Edited by Nameless*

On 8/6/2023 at 4:30 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Thaidakar is in his mansion, unconscious. None of the characters can wake him." They smiled at Drilk. "Now is the time to strike!"

“You are correct.” Drilk attempts to teleport into Thaidakar’s mansion, but instead arrives just outside of it. “It’s shielded from teleportation from some kind of spell. I guess I’ll have to do this the hard way.” He starts to sneak into the mansion.

20 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Second screams again, it’s a habit per say. “Okay- NO MORE GOAT- CHUCK THE DEATH FLUFF UP UP AND AWAY-“

Unintelligible cracks a grin. "See? Told you I'd get us out of there. Just needed to wait until a Narrator made something incomplete near us. The goat will be fine."

36 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm nodded and followed Eof inside.

Eof led Bookwyrm and Reasoning into his study, where he sat down at his desk and started rummaging through the drawers. "Reasoning, can you give the sphere to Bookwyrm? He should take a closer look at it." Reasoning did so, handing the strange object to Bookwyrm.

Edited by Nameless*

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Eof led Bookwyrm and Reasoning into his study, where he sat down at his desk and started rummaging through the drawers. "Reasoning, can you give the sphere to Bookwyrm? He should take a closer look at it." Reasoning did so, handing the strange object to Bookwyrm.

Bookwyrm took the sphere and peered closely at it.

"What exactly am I supposed to be seeing?"

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm took the sphere and peered closely at it.

"What exactly am I supposed to be seeing?"

The sphere was made of a dull gray metal that felt too heavy for its size, and looking closely Bookwyrm could see a faint pattern on its surface that appeared almost crystalline. 

"Still don't see it?" Eof handed another object to Bookwyrm, a small piece of metal that glowed with a chaotic, multicolored light. "That's Prismite, Narrativium if you prefer. Do you see the similarity?"

19 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Inside the building they found Moni, standing before a dagger that had been driven into the ground hilt-deep. The Avatar had her back to them and was staring into empty space, motionless.

"Am I interrupting something?" Micheal asked sarcastically, before Shadow could say a word.

6 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“You are correct.” Drilk attempts to teleport into Thaidakar’s mansion, but instead arrives just outside of it. “It’s shielded from teleportation from some kind of spell. I guess I’ll have to do this the hard way.” He starts to sneak into the mansion.

The halls are empty except for tapestries, paintings, mounds of books, dressers... really anything you could possibly think of that can fit in a house, it's most likely there. Well, except for people. Fanciful doors are in odd places, writing scattered all over them, detailing the purpose of the room in many different languages, including the primary Ghanderflaffle tongue. Silence abounded throughout the large house, the only noise coming from Drilk himself. Stairways led to upper levels and below, bizarre portraits of people pointing with their fingers urgently towards up or down every stair.

49 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Am I interrupting something?" Micheal asked sarcastically, before Shadow could say a word.

Moni didn't react to Micheal's words, but the dagger in the ground briefly shone with a barely visible aura.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

Moni didn't react to Micheal's words, but the dagger in the ground briefly shone with a barely visible aura.

Shadow grunted, turning into a shadow, flitting across the ground. He reformed next to the Avatar, "What's going on." It wasn't a question, but a demand.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow grunted, turning into a shadow, flitting across the ground. He reformed next to the Avatar, "What's going on." It wasn't a question, but a demand.

Moni reacted instantly, spinning on Shadow and moving her arm up with lightning speed, dagger disappearing from the ground and reappearing in her hand, tip of the blade mere inches from Shadow’s face. The blade was chipped, covered in so much rust it looked like it might turn into dust any moment. Despite this, the dagger still gave off an aura of danger, and Shadow’s instincts told him to be very careful around it.