The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Moni reacted instantly, spinning on Shadow and moving her arm up with lightning speed, dagger disappearing from the ground and reappearing in her hand, tip of the blade mere inches from Shadow’s face. The blade was chipped, covered in so much rust it looked like it might turn into dust any moment. Despite this, the dagger still gave off an aura of danger, and Shadow’s instincts told him to be very careful around it.

As Moni moved the dagger forward, Shadow flicked a blade from his sleeve with a slight undulation in his malleable, kandra-like, skin. He placed his delicately in the way of Moni's and pushed the dangerous weapon away from him, "Nameless sends his love." The entity smiled softly. "We're facing a far more subtle danger than TLT seems to ever have faced before... I met Nameless in a dream. We are to not trust too many people. And he says you'll know what to do when the time is right. And," the being smiled slightly, purple glinting in the two wells of unfathomable darkness that people would call his eyes, "for the record, I would rather you not point that thing at me."

17 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

As Moni moved the dagger forward, Shadow flicked a blade from his sleeve with a slight undulation in his malleable, kandra-like, skin. He placed his delicately in the way of Moni's and pushed the dangerous weapon away from him, "Nameless sends his love." The entity smiled softly. "We're facing a far more subtle danger than TLT seems to ever have faced before... I met Nameless in a dream. We are to not trust too many people. And he says you'll know what to do when the time is right. And," the being smiled slightly, purple glinting in the two wells of unfathomable darkness that people would call his eyes, "for the record, I would rather you not point that thing at me."

Moni flinched at the mention of Nameless, looking up at Shadow for the first time. "Nameless? But he..." the arm holding the dagger wavered, then dropped to her side. "Where am I?"

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The halls are empty except for tapestries, paintings, mounds of books, dressers... really anything you could possibly think of that can fit in a house, it's most likely there. Well, except for people. Fanciful doors are in odd places, writing scattered all over them, detailing the purpose of the room in many different languages, including the primary Ghanderflaffle tongue. Silence abounded throughout the large house, the only noise coming from Drilk himself. Stairways led to upper levels and below, bizarre portraits of people pointing with their fingers urgently towards up or down every stair.

Drilk shudders. Not much these days could scare him, but this place gave him the creeps. He ignored his feelings and continued his search for Thaidakar. He headed toward the general direction that a bedroom would normally be.

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Moni flinched at the mention of Nameless, looking up at Shadow for the first time. "Nameless? But he..." the arm holding the dagger wavered, then dropped to her side. "Where am I?"

"The remnants of the Ghanderflaffle Empire," Shadow said, pulling out a small wad of aluminum, tossing it into the air and catching it. "What's that dagger made of? I'm curious to know its origin... I only know of one or two weapons that can emanate a weapon of that aura."

1 hour ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk shudders. Not much these days could scare him, but this place gave him the creeps. He ignored his feelings and continued his search for Thaidakar. He headed toward the general direction that a bedroom would normally be.

As he's heading in that direction, there's a crash in another room. It sounded like glass that would splinter in all directions. An eruption of curses emerges from the other room, a voice Drilk knows. The informant from earlier.

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

As he's heading in that direction, there's a crash in another room. It sounded like glass that would splinter in all directions. An eruption of curses emerges from the other room, a voice Drilk knows. The informant from earlier.

Drilk rushes toward that room, trying to find out what’s happening.

5 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk rushes toward that room, trying to find out what’s happening.

The informant is scratching his head, a grandfather clock on the ground, glass sprayed everywhere. "Well that's just great..."

15 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“What are you doing here!” Drilk hisses.

"Following you," He said. "I wanted to see how you get your work done." The informant stepped over the shattered glass and sniffed with distaste, "Wow, the owners really don't have a good taste in decor..."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Following you," He said. "I wanted to see how you get your work done." The informant stepped over the shattered glass and sniffed with distaste, "Wow, the owners really don't have a good taste in decor..."

“Well, if you’re here you might as well give me some help. Where is Thaidakar at?”

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“Well, if you’re here you might as well give me some help. Where is Thaidakar at?”

The informant shrugged, "How should I know? I got my information from a guy who knows a girl who knows another girl who has a former boyfriend who's her friend now-great story, that-who happens to know Spook, Thaidakar's heir. And Spook told the guy who told the girl who told the other girl who told the guy who told me that Thaidakar was in pain."

12 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"The remnants of the Ghanderflaffle Empire," Shadow said, pulling out a small wad of aluminum, tossing it into the air and catching it. "What's that dagger made of? I'm curious to know its origin... I only know of one or two weapons that can emanate a weapon of that aura."

Moni stared at the blade in her hand as if noticing it for the first time. "It's a Plotblade. Endings." She shoved the Blade back into a sheath at her side, an expression of annoyance on her face. "How did I get here? Did one of you two bring me?"

Edited by Nameless*

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Moni stared at the blade in her hand as if noticing it for the first time. "It's a Plotblade. Endings." She shoved the Blade back into a sheath at her side, an expression of annoyance on her face. "How did I get here? Did one of you two bring me?"

"No," Micheal said, "We found you here."

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"No," Micheal said, "We found you here."

Moni frowned. “Strange. I don’t remember much about the last few days. Last thing I remember, I was at Nameless’ house…” she shook her head. “Did you say something about Nameless earlier? I didn’t quite get it.”

Just now, Nameless* said:

Moni frowned. “Strange. I don’t remember much about the last few days. Last thing I remember, I was at Nameless’ house…” she shook her head. “Did you say something about Nameless earlier? I didn’t quite get it.”

"Nameless brought me into a dream. We talked for a minute about a threat that's coming to TLT... He said that the enemy is different and that we can't trust too many people," Shadow explained.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Nameless brought me into a dream. We talked for a minute about a threat that's coming to TLT... He said that the enemy is different and that we can't trust too many people," Shadow explained.

“An enemy? But why would he involve me? I-” Moni cut off, taking a step back from Shadow and lowering her hand towards the dagger at her side. “Did he tell you about the Plotblade? Is that why you’re here?”

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

“An enemy? But why would he involve me? I-” Moni cut off, taking a step back from Shadow and lowering her hand towards the dagger at her side. “Did he tell you about the Plotblade? Is that why you’re here?”

"I had no idea you had a Plotblade till just now, Moni," Shadow stated. "I was originally coming to find you so that I could find Nameless, but now... I think we need anyone we can find and trust to fight against our enemy. The enemy's already killed someone, split someone into ten pieces and set someone with a Mordite blade on a Narrator."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I had no idea you had a Plotblade till just now, Moni," Shadow stated. "I was originally coming to find you so that I could find Nameless, but now... I think we need anyone we can find and trust to fight against our enemy. The enemy's already killed someone, split someone into ten pieces and set someone with a Mordite blade on a Narrator."

Moni noticed her hand and glared at it, forcibly folding her arms. “That someone isn’t me. I won’t fight anyone.”

Moni noticed her hand and glared at it, forcibly folding her arms. “That someone isn’t me. I won’t fight anyone.”

"Then why did Nameless send us? Why did he say you'd know what to do when the time is right?" Shadow asked calmly.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Then why did Nameless send us? Why did he say you'd know what to do when the time is right?" Shadow asked calmly.

“You expect me to know what Nameless was thinking? I have no clue what to do, and if he wants me to…” Moni sighed. “Look, will you leave me alone if I tell you where Nameless is?”

“You expect me to know what Nameless was thinking? I have no clue what to do, and if he wants me to…” Moni sighed. “Look, will you leave me alone if I tell you where Nameless is?”

"I think I've known all along, Moni..." Shadow strode forward. "Do you know what could happen if the enemy succeeds? Narrators could die, Plotblades could be stolen, characters could be murdered en masse. I don't want that, do you?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I think I've known all along, Moni..." Shadow strode forward. "Do you know what could happen if the enemy succeeds? Narrators could die, Plotblades could be stolen, characters could be murdered en masse. I don't want that, do you?"

“Of course not! I don’t want people to die any more than you do. But I won’t fight this enemy. It’s too dangerous.”

“Of course not! I don’t want people to die any more than you do. But I won’t fight this enemy. It’s too dangerous.”

"You don't? Then fight," Shadow said with a sudden intensity. "You don't want to fight an enemy because they're too dangerous? You have the storming Plotblade of endings, an asset that will help you stay safe. Nameless said you would know what to do when the time is right, not that you'd know what to do at this exact moment. If you're not going to fight today, then when? If it's too dangerous to fight, then when will you fight? When you have a guaranteed victory? That's the coward's route. And, if you are taking that, then I'll have to find a way to convince you otherwise. People have died, Moni, characters have been destroyed, Narrators are being attacked."

Micheal looked at Shadow, surprised. He hadn't expected Shadow to be harsh, much less call Moni a coward.

Shadow turned from Moni, starting to walk away, "Find me when you want to finally fight for a cause other than yourself." 

Micheal shrugged at Moni as he started to follow Shadow.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"You don't? Then fight," Shadow said with a sudden intensity. "You don't want to fight an enemy because they're too dangerous? You have the storming Plotblade of endings, an asset that will help you stay safe. Nameless said you would know what to do when the time is right, not that you'd know what to do at this exact moment. If you're not going to fight today, then when? If it's too dangerous to fight, then when will you fight? When you have a guaranteed victory? That's the coward's route. And, if you are taking that, then I'll have to find a way to convince you otherwise. People have died, Moni, characters have been destroyed, Narrators are being attacked."

Micheal looked at Shadow, surprised. He hadn't expected Shadow to be harsh, much less call Moni a coward.

Shadow turned from Moni, starting to walk away, "Find me when you want to finally fight for a cause other than yourself." 

Micheal shrugged at Moni as he started to follow Shadow.

Moni's reply was quiet, voice tight with anger. "I'm not afraid of losing. It's too dangerous because I might win. Unlike you, I don't like killing people. Even if the enemy has killed people, they doesn't deserve death. No one does."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Edited by Nameless*
Fleshed it out a bit more

On 8/9/2023 at 0:09 PM, Nameless* said:

Moni's reply was quiet, voice tight with anger. "I'm not afraid of losing. It's too dangerous because I might win. Unlike you, I don't like killing people. Even if the enemy has killed people, they doesn't deserve death. No one does."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Shadow stopped in place, not turning however. A sly smile emerged, "Who said I like killing people? And, anyways, just because we'll fight the enemy doesn't mean will kill him. We can capture him. But it might be necessary to kill him if he can avoid all captivity..." Shadow mused.

Micheal just turned, shrugging. He mouthed "I've got no idea."

Kinda forgot this XD

25 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Shadow stopped in place, not turning however. A sly smile emerged, "Who said I like killing people? And, anyways, just because we'll fight the enemy doesn't mean will kill him. We can capture him. But it might be necessary to kill him if he can avoid all captivity..." Shadow mused.

Micheal just turned, shrugging. He mouthed "I've got no idea."

Moni folded her arms. "Well I won't kill him. This Plotblade seems to have a mind of its own at times, and I don't want to find out what it'll do if I get into a fight."