The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 8/8/2023 at 1:51 PM, Nameless* said:

The sphere was made of a dull gray metal that felt too heavy for its size, and looking closely Bookwyrm could see a faint pattern on its surface that appeared almost crystalline. 

"Still don't see it?" Eof handed another object to Bookwyrm, a small piece of metal that glowed with a chaotic, multicolored light. "That's Prismite, Narrativium if you prefer. Do you see the similarity?"

"Ah...I do see it, now."

He studied the objects for a moment more. "To be honest, Eof, despite my status as a Narrator, I know precious little about Narrativium...could you give me a rundown?"

Eof snatched the small piece of Narrativium from Bookwyrm and placed it back in the sealed drawer he’d taken it from. “Sorry about that. I was doing experiments with it earlier, and Narrativium can be unpredictable.”

He sat back in his chair, considering Bookwyrm’s question. “Well, I can’t give you an in-depth explanation, but I assume you’re familiar with Mordite? Narrativium is similar. Where Mordite is the essence of Chaotic Darkness, Narrativium is the essence of Chaotic Light. All Narrators have Narrativium at their core, and it is by that power that you have Narration. There’s more to it than that, but I… actually, hold on.” Eof walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a few pieces of paper. “Here. This is a study on the fundamental substances of TLT. It will explain better than I can.”

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by Nameless*

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eof handed the papers to Bookwyrm, who took them, sitting down. He flipped through the papers, studying them quietly.

So...there are a few characters here in TLT that are only really narrated by a single Sharder. These include the Narrators, which are usually just versions of ourselves, and a few other ones that are different. Kind of like in the Roleplay section, there's a general rule that you don't control other people's characters.

Eof is sort of an important character that's fallen under Nameless's jurisdiction, and Bookwyrm is the Narrator that is supposed to represent me (see my username).

If you're ever unsure about which characters are okay for controlling, you can always ask; we're happy to help. Right now all three of the characters in Eof's house are off limits, and controlled by other Sharders.

What you could do instead that would be completely acceptable is adding your own character, or making something crazy happen that our characters have to react to.

Sorry, I don't want to be mean or judgemental. We're excited to see what you come up with in this crazy land of TLT...

Calano appeared in the realm, put up a speed bubble and speed read Eof’s papers on Narrativium over Bookwyrms shoulder, said, “Huh.” and then blinked out of the realm again, because the multiverse of TLT was too chaotic, even for one such as he.

Eof mumbled something about a master plan under his breath and walked over to examine the damage. "Well, that was expected. Bookwyrm, did you finish reading the study yet?"

I'm not too attached to Eof. Other people can narrate him if I'm not around, just don't make him kill his wife and children.

Edited by Nameless*

A pebble dropped through the roof’s hole and onto Bookwyrm’s head. Then a small distant voice sounded. “Take…me…I…am… “—a long pause—“…useful…”

For the record I have read 200+ post for context to make sure I am not ruining anything. Also I will be not be super active that is why I am a pebble right now.

Ryss slowly came to, and stood up, dusting off his pants. He looked around the room, then looked up. “Sorry about your roof,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. That fall had hurt. “I didn’t destroy too much, did I?”

I haven’t read much of this, there is a LOT. What should I read in this? Is there any overview or something, or a place I should start?

On 8/11/2023 at 8:32 AM, Nameless* said:

Moni folded her arms. "Well I won't kill him. This Plotblade seems to have a mind of its own at times, and I don't want to find out what it'll do if I get into a fight."

"Then don't," Shadow said softly. "Listen, Moni, you don't have to use the Plotblade at all times. Keep it in storage, maybe. You could put it into a shrunken form on an item of clothing... I don't know, there are many solutions. If the enemy needs to be killed, you do not have to be the one who does it. Understand me?"

51 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Ryss slowly came to, and stood up, dusting off his pants. He looked around the room, then looked up. “Sorry about your roof,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. That fall had hurt. “I didn’t destroy too much, did I?”

I haven’t read much of this, there is a LOT. What should I read in this? Is there any overview or something, or a place I should start?

"No, don't worry about it. I've got good insurance." Eof sighed. "What brings you here?"

Page 1 works. Only 2400 pages necessary to understand everything! (Unless you want to know all the extended TLT lore, in which case there's a few hundred more pages spread across a few RP's and other threads started from TLT) Or you could read this summary of the current plot:

Spoiler

First off, here's some TLT terms you'll probably encounter:

Narrator: Narrators are incredibly powerful beings with the ability to Narrate whatever they want (with a few limitations that mostly only matter when TLT is doing plot). They have the ability to make Narrationblades from their power, although not all of them figure it out right away. They can make Avatars, characters directly linked to them, and normal characters. Anyone who posts here can make a Narrator, and 

Authors: Authors are basically you and me and everyone who posts here.  Some characters, particularly Narrators and their Avatars, are aware that Authors exist and have occasionally interacted with them.

Plotblade: Fragments of a being known as Plot that embodied Plot. Each Plotblade holds power related to different aspects of Plot. Example: The Plotblade of Conflict allows one to grow in strength comparable to the strength of their opponent.

Anyways, here's the current plot:

A mysterious evil person calling himself "Feanor" (Thaidakar's character) has been stalking the thread from the shadows and only recently come out into the open. He claims that there are five people that he wishes to kill, their identities a mystery. He killed a character of mine called the brave adventurer, another character called Lindy, and has ordered Drilk, a potion vendor who serves him, to kill Thaidakar. Lindy's husband Micheal wants revenge, and has sought out Shadow and teamed up with him to stop Feanor. They've received advice from Nameless, a Narrator of mine that's been presumed dead for some time, and have found Moni, Nameless' avatar. The place Ryss dropped into is where Bookwyrm (also a Narrator) has gone to get some advice from Eof pertaining to a mysterious metal sphere found at Nameless' old house.

If you want to learn about TLT lore Xinoeph512 has some blogs about it. Also, if you want a better description of any of my characters or a list of the current Plotblades, I have that on my About Me page.

42 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Then don't," Shadow said softly. "Listen, Moni, you don't have to use the Plotblade at all times. Keep it in storage, maybe. You could put it into a shrunken form on an item of clothing... I don't know, there are many solutions. If the enemy needs to be killed, you do not have to be the one who does it. Understand me?"

Moni nodded. "Alright. I'll help you stop this evil guy, as long as you don't try to make me fight him."

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Moni nodded. "Alright. I'll help you stop this evil guy, as long as you don't try to make me fight him."

hehehehe, something fun could happen here...

"Good," Shadow finally turned around. "Thank you, Moni."

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

No, don't worry about it. I've got good insurance." Eof sighed. "What brings you here?"

“Not sure, I don’t remember much… last thing I remember I was falling through the sky towards this building.” Ryss replied. “I had some plans, I know that. I just don’t know what they are.”

Thanks for the overview! 

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

6 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Eof mumbled something about a master plan under his breath and walked over to examine the damage. "Well, that was expected. Bookwyrm, did you finish reading the study yet?"

I'm not too attached to Eof. Other people can narrate him if I'm not around, just don't make him kill his wife and children.

"Yeah," he said, handing the papers back to Eof.

"I...don't know why I didn't realize this before," he said. "I always assumed...nevermind. It's enlightening, to say the least.

"But what does this have to do with the orb?"

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hehehehe, something fun could happen here...

"Good," Shadow finally turned around. "Thank you, Moni."

"Great. So, you want to know where Nameless is?"

30 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Not sure, I don’t remember much… last thing I remember I was falling through the sky towards this building.” Ryss replied. “I had some plans, I know that. I just don’t know what they are.”

"Concussions will do that to you. Have you lost any other memories?"

21 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Yeah," he said, handing the papers back to Eof.

"I...don't know why I didn't realize this before," he said. "I always assumed...nevermind. It's enlightening, to say the least.

"But what does this have to do with the orb?"

"The material it is made of looks remarkably similar in structure to Narrativium of the purity and density that is found only in a select few places." Eof paused to brush some wood chips off of his desk. "One of which is a Narrator's soul."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Concussions will do that to you. Have you lost any other memories?"

“Not that I know of, though it’s hard to say,” Ryss replied. He glanced through the hole in the roof, and cocked his head, then caught a sandwich as it fell through. He sat on the floor and started eating. As he did, he assessed the faces in the room. “So, who are you guys?”

14 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Not that I know of, though it’s hard to say,” Ryss replied. He glanced through the hole in the roof, and cocked his head, then caught a sandwich as it fell through. He sat on the floor and started eating. As he did, he assessed the faces in the room. “So, who are you guys?”

"I am Eof. That woman over there is Subversion's Reasoning, and that man is Bookwyrm. Also, that pebble in Reasoning's pocket is sentient."

54 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I am Eof. That woman over there is Subversion's Reasoning, and that man is Bookwyrm. Also, that pebble in Reasoning's pocket is sentient."

“Nice to meet you.” Ryss said. He tossed the remaining bit of his sandwich behind him, and it faded away in midair. “You were talking about Narrativium?” A thin book materialized in Ryss’s hands, and he quickly skimmed through it. “Narrators… Dream Crystals… Prismite… How Interesting.” he said, the book fading away in his hands. “Why were you talking about it? Or is this a ‘Don’t tell the person who fell through your roof into your house’ type situation?”

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Nice to meet you.” Ryss said. He tossed the remaining bit of his sandwich behind him, and it faded away in midair. “You were talking about Narrativium?” A thin book materialized in Ryss’s hands, and he quickly skimmed through it. “Narrators… Dream Crystals… Prismite… How Interesting.” he said, the book fading away in his hands. “Why were you talking about it? Or is this a ‘Don’t tell the person who fell through your roof into your house’ type situation?”

"Oh, we were talking about it because this sphere here" Eof gestured towards the dull gray sphere in Bookwyrm's hands. "Looks remarkably similar to Narrativium. Specifically, the Narrativium found in a Narrator's Core."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Say it, then, confirm what I think I already know." Shadow said softly.

Moni closed her eyes briefly, then opened them again. "I... don't know where Nameless is. I can't sense him at all."

29 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni closed her eyes briefly, then opened them again. "I... don't know where Nameless is. I can't sense him at all."

"Then I was correct all along..." Shadow sighed, eyes closing in mourning. "Nameless is dead. Obliterated to bits of Narration. And.. I know who he was all along.

48 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Oh, we were talking about it because this sphere here" Eof gestured towards the dull gray sphere in Bookwyrm's hands. "Looks remarkably similar to Narrativium. Specifically, the Narrativium found in a Narrator's Core."

Ryss’s face paled visibly. “There’s gotta be a morbid story behind that sphere.”

Forgot to bold it *slaps forehead*

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Then I was correct all along..." Shadow sighed, eyes closing in mourning. "Nameless is dead. Obliterated to bits of Narration. And.. I know who he was all along.

Moni looked uncertain. "Maybe. I... guess that could explain why I don't remember coming here. Losing a Narrator is traumatic."

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Ryss’s face paled visibly. “There’s gotta be a morbid story behind that sphere.”

Eof's eyes glowed faintly as he read the non-canon speech. "Perhaps. However, for all the similarities it shares, that sphere is not Narrativium. Not any form of it that I'm familiar with, at least."