The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

I'm typing something up, gimme one second.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I'll wait for you then. I have something that I'm also typing up for Platypus to confront Rond, and/or threaten Feanor.

Looking forward to both posts!

This is a way more manageable battle to be mostly in charge of than the messes we call events in Minecraft role-plays.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Looking forward to both posts!

This is a way more manageable battle to be mostly in charge of than the messes we call events in Minecraft role-plays.

yikes. yeah, I'm getting goosebumps writing it because it totally matches what I would do in the situation. I'm excited to post it!

EDIT: you're going to have to fight as Rond because I don't know what he can do besides try to freeze Platypus and summon spirits. Plus, I wouldn't want to godmod anyway

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

yikes. yeah, I'm getting goosebumps writing it because it totally matches what I would do in the situation. I'm excited to post it!

EDIT: you're going to have to fight as Rond because I don't know what he can do besides try to freeze Platypus and summon spirits. Plus, I wouldn't want to godmod anyway

It'll be so much fun!

Don't worry, Rond has a load of experience. Nameless perhaps can remember if only an inkling of the backstory for Rond that I posted awhile ago... mm... this is gonna be so much fun! this is way more my element for combat writing! I can't wait to see your writing of the scene!

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

It'll be so much fun!

Don't worry, Rond has a load of experience. Nameless perhaps can remember if only an inkling of the backstory for Rond that I posted awhile ago... mm... this is gonna be so much fun! this is way more my element for combat writing! I can't wait to see your writing of the scene!

This is gonna be an adventure! I love writing against another person cause then i don't end the fight too early :D 

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

This is gonna be an adventure! I love writing against another person cause then i don't end the fight too early :D 

Saaaaame. I feel like role-playing fights in this format is just very creatively stimulating. This sort of turn based lets me think and create the best reaction. The sort I used to do really forced me to do it all in a flash and just type it all out in less than a minute. I still kinda do that, but I can actually think about it and craft it daringly instead of just willy nilly without easy editing.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Saaaaame. I feel like role-playing fights in this format is just very creatively stimulating. This sort of turn based lets me think and create the best reaction. The sort I used to do really forced me to do it all in a flash and just type it all out in less than a minute. I still kinda do that, but I can actually think about it and craft it daringly instead of just willy nilly without easy editing.

yeah, it's incredible. That's why i love DND combat so much.

I'm sure Nameless would like to talk, but he's typing so he can talk later.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

yeah, it's incredible. That's why i love DND combat so much.

I'm sure Nameless would like to talk, but he's typing so he can talk later.

Yeah, I bet he has a load to say here. Can't wait to see what the guy is coming up with. It's bound to be great.

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Yeah, I bet he has a load to say here. Can't wait to see what the guy is coming up with. It's bound to be great.

yeah. Every time I'm on a different tab and I see the little notif in the tab i'm like, Is that Nameless' post?! HI CALANO! <3

EDIT: DARN IT THAIDAKAR, I SAW THE NOTIF AND GOT EXCITED BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T RECENTLY BROWSING

EDIT2: JUST GOT THE NOTIF. Gotta savor it.

51 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus ran past Unintelligible, Vengeance grazing his hair as he slashed through the spirit. "You really need a sword!" he called over his shoulder.

Unintelligible coughed weakly, falling to hands and knees as he fought to stay conscious. I agree.

50 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

In the midst of the battlefield, spirits swirling around and fighting characters, avatars, side characters and Narrators, a tall cloaked figure appeared with a crooked smile under a vaporous hood. Feanor, the murderer, the killer, the ender of lives. Striding towards Micheal and Thaidakar, who were fighting spirits desperately, he turned slightly towards Curiosity. He raised a hand, smiling softly, "Goodbye... Stay curious in the next life!" A beam of Narration, Plot weaving and something else hit Curiosity, ripping them apart as the Brave Adventurer had been. 

Curiosity jerked, shocked awake by the pain of the attack but too exhausted to so much as whimper. She felt herself being ripped apart, Identity splintered, Connections breaking, soul dying. She struggled to stop it, but was too weak. the Plotblade dropped from her grasp, and her vision faded until all she could see was darkness, interposed by lines of light. She watched, helpless, as one by one they frayed and snapped. One by one her connections, all that held her in this thread, died. One by one, the darkness drew closer. Finally, there was only one thread left. She watched it, last shreds of hope dying as it frayed, unravelling till it was too thin to see and then-

Curiosity screamed. The sound echoed across the now-silent battlefield, shattering the brief stillness that had settled on the plain. From her spot on the field, Whimsy suddenly became alert, spinning on Curiosity's prone form. Reasoning peeked out from behind her rock.

Curiosity's eyes exploded with radiant light, reflected off that single thread, dimming the sun by comparison. Instead of breaking, that connection was growing. becoming more and more powerful, more and more real. Abruptly, it grew taught as if something had grabbed onto it. Curiosity struggled to sit up, a strength that was not her own washing away pain and exhaustion. As her vision cleared, she saw the thread trembling around her.

The thread twisted. Then it rippedThen it shattered. A shockwave exploded around Curiosity, sending spirit, narrator, and character alike flying in its wake.

When the smoke cleared a figure stood at the epitome of the blast, broken splinters of reality around it, a hole into emptiness behind. The figure was almost recognizable as Subversion, save for the cracks that covered her entire form, pure prismatic light issuing from them. The figure looked down at Curiosity as the mostly-dead shard of a narrator collapsed back to the ground, breathing normally. Then it looked up.

Around it, cracks continued spreading, the sound of Curiosity's scream replaced by the grinding noise of a breaking thread. The figure itself did not move, merely staring at the place where Feanor had vanished.

Reasoning took a deep breath, sitting up from where she'd been tossed. "This-this is bad. Very bad."

Edited by Nameless*
fixed formatting

Unintelligible coughed weakly, falling to hands and knees as he fought to stay conscious. I agree.

Curiosity jerked, shocked awake by the pain of the attack but too exhausted to so much as whimper. She felt herself being ripped apart, Identity splintered, Connections breaking, soul dying. She struggled to stop it, but was too weak. the Plotblade dropped from her grasp, and her vision faded until all she could see was darkness, interposed by lines of light. She watched, helpless, as one by one they frayed and snapped. One by one her connections, all that held her in this thread, died. One by one, the darkness drew closer. Finally, there was only one thread left. She watched it, last shreds of hope dying as it frayed, unravelling till it was too thin to see and then-

Curiosity screamed. The sound echoed across the now-silent battlefield, shattering the brief stillness that had settled on the plain. From her spot on the field, Whimsy suddenly became alert, spinning on Curiosity's prone form. Reasoning peeked out from behind her rock.

Curiosity's eyes exploded with radiant light, reflected off that single thread, dimming the sun by comparison. Instead of breaking, that connection was growing. becoming more and more powerful, more and more real. Abruptly, it grew taught as if something had grabbed onto it. Curiosity struggled to sit up, a strength that was not her own washing away pain and exhaustion. As her vision cleared, she saw the thread trembling around her.

The thread twisted. Then it rippedThen it shattered. A shockwave exploded around Curiosity, sending spirit, narrator, and character alike flying in its wake.

When the smoke cleared a figure stood at the epitome of the blast, broken splinters of reality around it, a hole into emptiness behind. The figure was almost recognizable as Subversion, save for the cracks that covered her entire form, pure prismatic light issuing from them. The figure looked down at Curiosity as the mostly-dead shard of a narrator collapsed back to the ground, breathing normally. Then it looked up.

Around it, cracks continued spreading, the sound of Curiosity's scream replaced by the grinding noise of a breaking thread. The figure itself did not move, merely staring at the place where Feanor had vanished.

Reasoning took a deep breath, sitting up from where she'd been tossed. "This-this is bad. Very bad."

THAT'S SO COOL! MY TURN!

32 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

you aint seen nothing yet...

If you wanna see more of my writing, check my thing in the Creator's corner. I got some good stuff there, though I should update it sometime...

Also, Thaidakar wasn't using a plot blade.

Rond laughed on the ground, "Kill me! I've come back! I've been cloned time and time again! None of us can die here! Not really!" His laugh turned insane as he watched the madness around him. 

When Platypus arrived, spirits swarmed closer, attacking Platypus. "No... I am not ready to die, my friend, oh no..." He flipped a switch on his device, turning it to the ground and using it to float in the air, intent flowing into the technology. "Tell me, Platypus, what do you think Death looks like?"

You can kill him... if you can. We'll see...

For what you asked about Curiosity in the other post that I wasn't able to put here, it depends on what nameless says. I want Curiosity dead, but it's Nameless's character.

ok. I'll try to kill Rond. Also, I gotta thank ya'll especially you Thaidakar, and you Nameless, and Wiz and Calano. I've gotten so much better at writing looking at your posts so thank you. Anyway.

Glowing with power, Platypus floats into the air, Plotblade in one hand, Narrationblade in the other. "You fool," he booms, voice like thunder, echoing around the grassy plain. "I am Platypus, wielder of Vengeance, Last of the Immortal Platypi, Creator of Dimensions, Narrator of Animals, and Destroyer of Universes. I am he who initiated the Vengeance quest. I have fought a Root Dragon and won. I am among the oldest of the living Narrators. What do I think death looks like? You'll have to tell me, but it can't be worse than the sight of you. I caused the death of Plot himself. I wield the power of the very same, Plot, bound in a sword. A sword, that, like the name suggests, wants nothing more than VENGEANCE!" Shouting the last word, Platypus rushes in, Blades swinging, slashing, and stabbing in intricate patterns, killing any remaining spirits that attack him. Anything in his path, he slashes or Narrates into non-existence. Right before he reaches Rond he shouts, "WHO ARE YOU TO STAND BEFORE ME!"

10 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

THAT'S SO COOL! MY TURN!

ok. I'll try to kill Rond. Also, I gotta thank ya'll especially you Thaidakar, and you Nameless, and Wiz and Calano. I've gotten so much better at writing looking at your posts so thank you. Anyway.

Glowing with power, Platypus floats into the air, Plotblade in one hand, Narrationblade in the other. "You fool," he booms, voice like thunder, echoing around the grassy plain. "I am Platypus, wielder of Vengeance, Last of the Immortal Platypi, Creator of Dimensions, Narrator of Animals, and Destroyer of Universes. I am he who initiated the Vengeance quest. I have fought a Root Dragon and won. I am among the oldest of the living Narrators. What do I think death looks like? You'll have to tell me, but it can't be worse than the sight of you. I caused the death of Plot himself. I wield the power of the very same, Plot, bound in a sword. A sword, that, like the name suggests, wants nothing more than VENGEANCE!" Shouting the last word, Platypus rushes in, Blades swinging, slashing, and stabbing in intricate patterns, killing any remaining spirits that attack him. Anything in his path, he slashes or Narrates into non-existence. Right before he reaches Rond he shouts, "WHO ARE YOU TO STAND BEFORE ME!"

Narrationblade? What?

"Rirrom, Narrator of the reverse time flow, protector of the light patron. Who do you think you are!" Rirrom holds up the plotblade in self defense.

THAT'S SO COOL! MY TURN!

ok. I'll try. Also, I gotta thank ya'll especially you Thaidakar, and you Nameless, and Wiz and Calano. I've gotten so much better at writing looking at your posts so thank you. Anyway.

Rond floated back into the air, shaking off the effects of the shockwave, gazing at Platypus with a sardonic smile. He slapped gadgets to his legs, taking the searing pain and casting it into the ground. He landed on the ground calmly, pulling out a paper thing blade as tall as a tree, a gleam in his eyes. "Who am I to stand before you?" He asked, as if dazed. "Well, for one thing, I am Rond No-name. I am the one who stayed in the corner while his brother became the star, while his un-biological brother became a Narrator who dazzled the skies with his power, who became more arrogant than Arrogance. I have killed, I have fought, I have murdered, I have studied for the notion of a dream I now get to build. Don't stand in my way, Platypus! But, I see you are determined... so..." 

Without further ado, Rond strode forward, labcoat swiftly transforming into a sleek black suit of armor around him. A voluminous and shadowy cloak extended behind him, power rippling off of it as the scientist raised his blade melancholically. "Let the game of chess begin," he said in an almost whisper. Rond jumped into the air, arcing towards Platypus with a powerful slash aimed at his side. Orange energy shields formed around his his wrists and his face, his hair rippling in the rush of wind around him. "WHO AM I TO STAND BEFORE YOU? I AM HE WHO WAS IGNORED BUT SHALL NOT BE ANY LONGER!"

"Unintelligible can't last unless you help him," a voice whispered to the fallen figure of Micheal, laying over Thaidakar's voice, weeping. "Please, get up, Micheal... you need to help him. My love... please..."

"Lindy... he's dead... just like you, just like our son..." His voice cracked as tears fell. "I can't do this..."

"Yes you can! Yes you can!" a hand lay on his shoulder. "Please... help them!"

"I can't, Lindy, I can't..."

"Do it for me! Do it for us!" Lindy encouraged him. "If you don't, then I'll finish our tv show without you."

Micheal cracked a smile, but it didn't last long. "I don't think I can..."

"Then don't... and you'll see him and everyone else fall. If you don't take a stand now, when will you ever? Or will you prove yourself as weak as you claim you are?" She asked him sternly. "Avenge us."

Micheal shook, "I..." Confidence surged in him. If not now, when? And... he stood up, at first walking towards Unintelligible and the spirits, now running. He drew his dagger, slamming it into a spirit, yelling, ripping them apart with his dagger. Finally, he slammed it into the creature killing Unintelligible, ripping the very fiber of its soul apart and freeing Unintelligible. 

"Couldn't leave you dying there," He said with a smile.

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Spirits rushed at the shining figure, trying to eat up all the energy. They raged, contorting in the air into a great varieties mass of shapes, rasping incoherent whispers, reaching for any exposed flesh, tearing, ripping, eating the very souls of anyone they came in contact with on the way. They shrieks, masses convulsing on the figure. 

They formed into a large beast, opening it's mouth all around the figure, trying to destroy it. "DIIIIEEEE!" they all seemed to screech at once in their chilling voices. 

Falvan was standing off to the sides witching people—Powers—fight. He felt so out of league. But as he thought, he realized something. I’ll never do, if I don’t try. And so he luanched straight at Rond, flexing his wings, muscles, and holding out his blade.

Also where is Reasoning?

And oh my GOSH this is soooo good!

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan was standing off to the sides witching people—Powers—fight. He felt so out of league. But as he thought, he realized something. I’ll never do, if I don’t try. And so he luanched straight at Rond, flexing his wings, muscles, and holding out his blade.

Also where is Reasoning?

Yo what happened does someone want to explain to me?

9 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

Narrationblade? What?

"Rirrom, Narrator of the reverse time flow, protector of the light patron. Who do you think you are!" Rirrom holds up the plotblade in self defense.

It's a blade that only Narrators have. 

"I'm not fighting you, I'm fighting him!"

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Also where is Reasoning?

"Go help Subversion, Falvan," Platypus said staring grimly. "This is my fight."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond floated back into the air, shaking off the effects of the shockwave, gazing at Platypus with a sardonic smile. He slapped gadgets to his legs, taking the searing pain and casting it into the ground. He landed on the ground calmly, pulling out a paper thing blade as tall as a tree, a gleam in his eyes. "Who am I to stand before you?" He asked, as if dazed. "Well, for one thing, I am Rond No-name. I am the one who stayed in the corner while his brother became the star, while his un-biological brother became a Narrator who dazzled the skies with his power, who became more arrogant than Arrogance. I have killed, I have fought, I have murdered, I have studied for the notion of a dream I now get to build. Don't stand in my way, Platypus! But, I see you are determined... so..." 

Without further ado, Rond strode forward, labcoat swiftly transforming into a sleek black suit of armor around him. A voluminous and shadowy cloak extended behind him, power rippling off of it as the scientist raised his blade melancholically. "Let the game of chess begin," he said in an almost whisper. Rond jumped into the air, arcing towards Platypus with a powerful slash aimed at his side. Orange energy shields formed around his his wrists and his face, his hair rippling in the rush of wind around him. "WHO AM I TO STAND BEFORE YOU? I AM HE WHO WAS IGNORED BUT SHALL NOT BE ANY LONGER!"

Little does Rond know, I actually play chess competitively. I almost won State a few years ago.

Platypus raises his Blades, then lowers them. He runs in and ducks the first slash. Then, inside the sword's reach, he shouted. Power amplifying his voice, a shockwave blasts out, then a sonic boom. He throws his Narrationblade, jumps, and swings for Rond's head with Vengeance.

It's a blade that only Narrators have. 

"I'm not fighting you, I'm fighting him!"

"Go help Subversion, Falvan," Platypus said staring grimly. "This is my fight."

Little does Rond know, I actually play chess competitively. I almost won State a few years ago.

Platypus raises his Blades, then lowers them. He runs in and ducks the first slash. Then, inside the sword's reach, he shouted. Power amplifying his voice, a shockwave blasts out, then a sonic boom. He throws his Narrationblade, jumps, and swings for Rond's head with Vengeance.

I also play chess competitive. I beat a 1500 elo but lost to a 600 elo the next game.

"You cannot fight here, lest you anger the One. This is already treacherous enough."

1 minute ago, Aeoliae said:

I also play chess competitive. I beat a 1500 elo but lost to a 600 elo the next game.

"You cannot fight here, lest you anger the One. This is already treacherous enough."

"It is too late," Platypus states, matter-of-factly, mid-combat. "It has started and I will not stop til one of us dies."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Unintelligible can't last unless you help him," a voice whispered to the fallen figure of Micheal, laying over Thaidakar's voice, weeping. "Please, get up, Micheal... you need to help him. My love... please..."

"Lindy... he's dead... just like you, just like our son..." His voice cracked as tears fell. "I can't do this..."

"Yes you can! Yes you can!" a hand lay on his shoulder. "Please... help them!"

"I can't, Lindy, I can't..."

"Do it for me! Do it for us!" Lindy encouraged him. "If you don't, then I'll finish our tv show without you."

Micheal cracked a smile, but it didn't last long. "I don't think I can..."

"Then don't... and you'll see him and everyone else fall. If you don't take a stand now, when will you ever? Or will you prove yourself as weak as you claim you are?" She asked him sternly. "Avenge us."

Micheal shook, "I..." Confidence surged in him. If not now, when? And... he stood up, at first walking towards Unintelligible and the spirits, now running. He drew his dagger, slamming it into a spirit, yelling, ripping them apart with his dagger. Finally, he slammed it into the creature killing Unintelligible, ripping the very fiber of its soul apart and freeing Unintelligible. 

"Couldn't leave you dying there," He said with a smile.

Unintelligible looked up at Micheal, breathing heavily. "Thanks. That was... too close."

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Spirits rushed at the shining figure, trying to eat up all the energy. They raged, contorting in the air into a great varieties mass of shapes, rasping incoherent whispers, reaching for any exposed flesh, tearing, ripping, eating the very souls of anyone they came in contact with on the way. They shrieks, masses convulsing on the figure. 

They formed into a large beast, opening it's mouth all around the figure, trying to destroy it. "DIIIIEEEE!" they all seemed to screech at once in their chilling voices. 

The figure turned its gaze towards the beast. A crack on its face widened slightly, but otherwise it did not react. Power flowed freely from it into the beast, but the figure's glow showed no signs of dampening.

12 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

Narrationblade? What?

Reasoning grabbed his arm. "Rirrom. You have to help me. That thing its-its Power! I-we have to stop her before she-" Reasoning broke off suddenly, staring at the gash in the thread above the figure's head. The darkness within that gash split suddenly, revealing something deeper, more real. A wall of Silence, solid darkness. "Storms, she's breaking it all the way down to the Wall. Please, those spirits are destabilizing her. If we don't do something, She might lose control completely."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible looked up at Micheal, breathing heavily. "Thanks. That was... too close."

The figure turned its gaze towards the beast. A crack on its face widened slightly, but otherwise it did not react. Power flowed freely from it into the beast, but the figure's glow showed no signs of dampening.

Reasoning grabbed his arm. "Rirrom. You have to help me. That thing its-its Power! I-we have to stop her before she-" Reasoning broke off suddenly, staring at the gash in the thread above the figure's head. The darkness within that gash split suddenly, revealing something deeper, more real. A wall of Silence, solid darkness. "Storms, she's breaking it all the way down to the Wall. Please, those spirits are destabilizing her. If we don't do something, She might lose control completely."

The entire damaging process reversed, and the spirits reversed themselves, sending them backwards, to when they hadn't caused any damage. The wall of silence, became completely bright and loud, almost buzzing in everyone's ears. "I hope that worked."

The person’s breathing slowed back down to a normal speed. The creatures… they came to him because of his vast amounts of narration. Except… when he had used some, to destroy the first of the creatures it had left. It’s only residual. He realized. But how? How did I even get here? He felt a weight on his head. One that felt vaguely familiar. Ryss. His head snapped up in defiance. He may have less power but he had much more experience with it than Ryss. 
He looked up and around the field. He stretched out his hand and pulled a sliver of the power through. It coalesced as a glowing scythe. An… Authorblade? This is going to need a name. He swung it at one of the shadows, and once it was hit it exploded into hundreds of letters. He stood taller, and kept fighting.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

The person’s breathing slowed back down to a normal speed. The creatures… they came to him because of his vast amounts of narration. Except… when he had used some, to destroy the first of the creatures it had left. It’s only residual. He realized. But how? How did I even get here? He felt a weight on his head. One that felt vaguely familiar. Ryss. His head snapped up in defiance. He may have less power but he had much more experience with it than Ryss. 
He looked up and around the field. He stretched out his hand and pulled a sliver of the power through. It coalesced as a glowing scythe. An… Authorblade? This is going to need a name. He swung it at one of the shadows, and once it was hit it exploded into hundreds of letters. He stood taller, and kept fighting.

Rirrom sighed, then held out his hand, and a darkened, blackened shard of translucent material came to his hand absorbing light at an alarming rate. He stabbed it into a spirit, and it was Reversed, sucking it into the blade. What a weird blade, for a simple crystalization of soul.

"What are these things? Is the end upon us?"

9 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

The entire damaging process reversed, and the spirits reversed themselves, sending them backwards, to when they hadn't caused any damage. The wall of silence, became completely bright and loud, almost buzzing in everyone's ears. "I hope that worked."

The Wall ignored Rirrom's powers, and the crack reasserted itself a moment later. Reasoning stared at both in abject horror. "You don't understand. That's the Wall. It's what keeps us here. The only thing completely immune to Narration. She's breaking everything else. She'll destroy the thread as we know it if we don't do something. All the same... what you did helped. Please, hold her back. I think I can do something, I just need more time." As she spoke, however, the cracks on the figure began expanding faster, distorting its shape more and more as the light glowed brighter and brighter. "She's losing control! I think-I think she's angry that someone tried to kill Curiosity. You have to stop her now!"

Edited by Nameless*