The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

"No idea!" Unintelligible ran ahead, quickly leaving the rest of the party behind and vanishing over a hill. A few moments later a sound like an avalanche came from the other side of the hill, followed shortly by a hail of razor-sharp shards of ice.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

A massive metal dragon roared at roared at them, releasing a second blast of ice razors and freezing wind as they crested the hill.

Rirrom sighed, and then nabbed a flaming squirrel dead body and threw it at the dragon. " Unintelligible? Where are you?"

Unintelligible burst free of the ice and snow with chattering teeth, blue skin, and a foot-long icicle sticking out of his left arm. "Storming thing got the jump on me! I think it ate the phoenix and decided to lie in wait for the rainbow to lure in more prey."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible burst free of the ice and snow with chattering teeth, blue skin, and a foot-long icicle sticking out of his left arm. "Storming thing got the jump on me! I think it ate the phoenix and decided to lie in wait for the rainbow to lure in more prey."

"I thought phoenixes were immortal? Don't they return from the ashes?"

33 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"I thought phoenixes were immortal? Don't they return from the ashes?"

Unintelligible frowned at the icicle in his arm. "Not immediately. Besides, dragons are very good at digesting magic like that which powers a phoenix's revival."

Edited by Nameless*

The dragon spun to chase after Falvan, razor-sharp tip of its tail lashing out at Arranis as it did so.

Unintelligible grimaced, pulled the icicle from his arm with a grunt, and dashed towards the dragon. "Why's it made of metal? It doesn't look like it's mechanical."

Unintelligible barely ducked a swipe from the dragon's claws and rammed his improvised icicle spear into a wing, jamming it in between two shining scales. "Could be awakened. That would explain why it still wants to eat, at least."

Edited by Nameless*

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Unintelligible thinks you'll freeze. He might not be right.

The dragon roared in pain, metal hide dented by the staff's impact. Rounding on the new threat, it opened its mouth to launch another hail of ice. Then, suddenly, the dragon stopped, closing its mouth and tilting its head to the side.