The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

who are you talking to?

The thing whose name is way too random to remember and I'm to lazy to go back and copy paste 

1 minute ago, Aeoliae said:

The thing sighed. or emitted a high pitch sound. "You shall know of this thing."  It stabbed Unintellegible through the chest, killing him. 

Unintelligible caught the blade just before it hit him, wincing slightly as it cut his hand. "I'm not interested in dying again."

he declined both

ok

Just now, Nameless* said:

The thing whose name is way too random to remember and I'm to lazy to go back and copy paste 

Unintelligible caught the blade just before it hit him, wincing slightly as it cut his hand. "I'm not interested in dying again."

ok, i didn't understand that. it's confusing because some people call me Being  

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Then indeed you know it."

2 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Ahh, Sorry :unsure:

It's no problem. I should've been more clear.

Just now, Aeoliae said:

"Then indeed you know it."

Unintelligible shoved the blade aside. "You understand my quest, don't you? The real reason I came after this ore din aerie nohr maul, even though I never believed I would claim it? You know why."

Edited by Nameless*

5 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"l need not another title."

"It is not just a title. It means you have an innate resistance to Narration that you currently lack. Don't try to say you do, I can tell you don't. I'm an avatar, we have a sense for these things. You cannot be Authored by any other than the Author of Platypus, save for wrapping up a Plot arc that you are in. It gives you senses you do not possess. I can only give this once, which was what you required. I ask again. Will you thus deny me?"

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

It's no problem. I should've been more clear.

Unintelligible shoved the blade aside. "You understand my quest, don't you? The real reason I came after this ore din aerie nohr maul, even though I never believed I would claim it? You know why."

"i speak for those who come for the Ore Din Aerie Nohr maul shall be refused it. It was not my rules. Yet all of you have came for it, and all of you shall not get it."

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"It is not just a title. It means you have an innate resistance to Narration that you currently lack. Don't try to say you do, I can tell you don't. I'm an avatar, we have a sense for these things. You cannot be Authored by any other than the Author of Platypus, save for wrapping up a Plot arc that you are in. It gives you senses you do not possess. I can only give this once, which was what you required. I ask again. Will you thus deny me?"

"I will, not out of spite, but out of honour."

3 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"i speak for those who come for the Ore Din Aerie Nohr maul shall be refused it. It was not my rules. Yet all of you have came for it, and all of you shall not get it."

"I will, not out of spite, but out of honour."

"What honour is there in denying me the Ore Din Aerie Nohr Maul?"

On 8/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Just asking because I had a plan if it was really important. It's a very clever plan.

Platypus heard him mutter and was able to distinguish the word cheater. Guessing the reason, he smirked. He could tell that Feanor had more finesse, but with all the power coursing through him, losing would be nigh impossible.

Feeling surprise at the offer, Platypus disengages. "Whoever you are, it won't be enough to redeem you."

btw, Vengeance was absorbed into Platypus due to him wanting vengeance so bad. Their goals aligned and thus it was absorbed.. It is temporary, but right now he's fighting with the Narrationblade and with the full strength of Plot behind him, so unless he's disrupted, he'll be pretty much impossible to beat. Depending on who Feanor is, that might be enough shock to do it, but probably not.

ok, Have a good time!

Platypus looked at the strange realm, an underground cave area populated only by them and some bioluminesent mushrooms that wilted as they, both glowing with very powerful light, appeared in the cave.

*grins*

Heheheh... I think it's about time to do something insane.

Spook watched from the darkness, having used copious amounts of Narration to get there, following the traces of Plot left by Feanor and Platypus. This was going to be important. He knew it. And, if Platypus didn't succeed in killing Feanor, then he would do it himself. Spook had always hated his father, Thaidakar, but by the Authors, he was going to avenge him if necessary. And, yet... Spook felt that something dark was about to commence. A reveal... Those were always interesting. Hopefully Feanor was someone that Spook could make turn to his own side.

However, Spook knew that the darkness, which he assumed was Feanor, wouldn't be that easy to defeat. No, the Temple of Plot had been clear, there was to be more death than had occurred. Much more. All he could do now was wait...

Feanor laughed softly underneath his hood, "It won't, eh? Platypus, we've known each other for a fair amount of time now... My friend, from the moment you joined the fight, I wanted to show myself. But that was not the right time. It wasn't, no it was not. For, you would've killed me right then and there, misunderstanding everything and ruining my plan. My glorious plan!" He waved a hand in the air, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Ah... if you could see it all, you would understand. But I doubt you will... Even if I tell it to you, you would misunderstand it for villainy. It is not that." Feanor shook his head, "No, it is not that. Anything but that. They will remember me as a villain, most will, but I want you to remember me as someone different. A friend, perhaps. Though, that is doubtful in the grand scheme of things. I do hope you can come to regard me as someone unforgettable. Someone who everyone misunderstands. Someone who has changed the course of TLT."

He lifted his hood and looked right at Platypus, smiling sadly, "I want you to remember me as who I really am, Platypus. I want you to remember me as the Narrator I've been from the beginning, the one who tried his hardest and failed time and time again despite wanting the best for TLT and wanting to do good. The one who noone thought of as the person he wanted to be. No... they only saw the person in the background, slinking around, grabbing power, being arrogant and fumbling around. I want you to understand that that was never me. 

"No, in the end, I only have one identity."

Thaidakar ran a hand through his raven black hair, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to be remembered as who I really am, at least by one person."

Unintelligible backs away slowly, keeping his eyes on the strange figure's weapon. "There are plenty of powerful weapons on TLT. I've wielded one of the most powerful, and yet I still died. If you say that none of us will have this one, I'm willing to let go of it and be on my way. There is no need to give up my life for a simple weapon."

Unintelligible backs away slowly, keeping his eyes on the strange figure's weapon. "There are plenty of powerful weapons on TLT. I've wielded one of the most powerful, and yet I still died. If you say that none of us will have this one, I'm willing to let go of it and be on my way. There is no need to give up my life for a simple weapon."

"You don't need to give up your life. I will give you this blade, but it will come with a curse. The weilder of the weapon shall not give it up, nor lose it. You shall not leave it behind. And where you go," 42»»¡>€&8*d»£¥¢° spoke, "Desolation will follow. And you will see why it is much better left in a cave."

The blade glimmered in the darkness, just outside of the light, sticking in the ground.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*grins*

Spook watched from the darkness, having used copious amounts of Narration to get there, following the traces of Plot left by Feanor and Platypus. This was going to be important. He knew it. And, if Platypus didn't succeed in killing Feanor, then he would do it himself. Spook had always hated his father, Thaidakar, but by the Authors, he was going to avenge him if necessary. And, yet... Spook felt that something dark was about to commence. A reveal... Those were always interesting. Hopefully Feanor was someone that Spook could make turn to his own side.

However, Spook knew that the darkness, which he assumed was Feanor, wouldn't be that easy to defeat. No, the Temple of Plot had been clear, there was to be more death than had occurred. Much more. All he could do now was wait...

Feanor laughed softly underneath his hood, "It won't, eh? Platypus, we've known each other for a fair amount of time now... My friend, from the moment you joined the fight, I wanted to show myself. But that was not the right time. It wasn't, no it was not. For, you would've killed me right then and there, misunderstanding everything and ruining my plan. My glorious plan!" He waved a hand in the air, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Ah... if you could see it all, you would understand. But I doubt you will... Even if I tell it to you, you would misunderstand it for villainy. It is not that." Feanor shook his head, "No, it is not that. Anything but that. They will remember me as a villain, most will, but I want you to remember me as someone different. A friend, perhaps. Though, that is doubtful in the grand scheme of things. I do hope you can come to regard me as someone unforgettable. Someone who everyone misunderstands. Someone who has changed the course of TLT."

He lifted his hood and looked right at Platypus, smiling sadly, "I want you to remember me as who I really am, Platypus. I want you to remember me as the Narrator I've been from the beginning, the one who tried his hardest and failed time and time again despite wanting the best for TLT and wanting to do good. The one who noone thought of as the person he wanted to be. No... they only saw the person in the background, slinking around, grabbing power, being arrogant and fumbling around. I want you to understand that that was never me. 

Thaidakar ran a hand through his raven black hair, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to be remembered as who I really am, at least by one person."

Platypus grimaced, shocked, but refusing to show it. 

"Then who was the Thaidakar that died? Phah. I doesn't matter. I'd say that it doesn't have to be this way Thaid, but from what I see of you, you think it does. I only wish you didn't. I saw you as so much more than someone slinking around and grabbing power. I saw you as a friend. But you... you killed the brave adventurer. You manipulated my feelings. I thought you had to be someone close to a Narrator like Rond. I never would have guessed. But..." his face hardened, as did his resolve. "Thaid, can't you see, if people think it is villany, it probably is? I cannot allow you to win this. I could not face myself if I stood aside. I will either stop you or you will put me in my coffin. And Thaid?" His face softened. "If you do kill me, bury me by a stream near my house. If I die, you'll know where it is. I would like to be with my family at my death."

With that, his face hardened again and he fell into his battle stance, Narrationblade in hand, gleaming like the sun. "Have at thee," he said grimly.

Just now, Aeoliae said:

"You don't need to give up your life. I will give you this blade, but it will come with a curse. The weilder of the weapon shall not give it up, nor lose it. You shall not leave it behind. And where you go," 42»»¡>€&8*d»£¥¢° spoke, "Desolation will follow. And you will see why it is much better left in a cave."

The blade glimmered in the darkness, just outside of the light, sticking in the ground.

Unintelligible stared at the blade. "All right, I think I'm good. who wants the weapon?"

@Being of Cacophony @TheRavenHasLanded @Scars of Hathsin

31 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I have no idea how to @ you, so this is the best I can do.

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*grins*

Subversion hesitated. Was her plan still a good idea? It looked like Platypus was gearing up for an awesome final battle, and, as incredible as her plan was, perhaps it would be better to just let this play out.

Falvan looked at the blade. Part of him yearned to grasp its handle, swing it, wield it against foe. But other was repulsed by the idea of desolation following him. He got a glimpse of a field of bodies lying on rock. And suddenly, he didn’t want it anymore…

Them his mind was filled with pride. He saw himself standing over an army… but… the death… 

“I will take it.” He said. “Unless anyone wants it. I will take on the responsibility.” He stepped forward.

@Aeoliae

also @Nameless*, you can ping me by either downloading the Greek letter keyboard. The first letter brings me up and it translates to c on a normal one, or looking up Greek letters and copy and pasting it, or just quoting me like you did. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus grimaced, shocked, but refusing to show it. 

"Then who was the Thaidakar that died? Phah. I doesn't matter. I'd say that it doesn't have to be this way Thaid, but from what I see of you, you think it does. I only wish you didn't. I saw you as so much more than someone slinking around and grabbing power. I saw you as a friend. But you... you killed the brave adventurer. You manipulated my feelings. I thought you had to be someone close to a Narrator like Rond. I never would have guessed. But..." his face hardened, as did his resolve. "Thaid, can't you see, if people think it is villany, it probably is? I cannot allow you to win this. I could not face myself if I stood aside. I will either stop you or you will put me in my coffin. And Thaid?" His face softened. "If you do kill me, bury me by a stream near my house. If I die, you'll know where it is. I would like to be with my family at my death."

With that, his face hardened again and he fell into his battle stance, Narrationblade in hand, gleaming like the sun. "Have at thee," he said grimly.

"If I do kill you," Thaidakar said softly, "I will do as you ask. And... as my blade falls on you, it will fall with tears. But," Thaidakar started, walking forward, his blade turning into mist and leaving him, "Can I at least give you my reasoning for why I am doing what I am doing? If you truly saw me as a friend, give me at least this chance to explain myself and the importance of what I am doing. I want someone to understand it. I can't explain why, but I just want someone to know it. I would die a villain in everyone else's eyes if only one knew what I am truly doing from the depths of my heart, though it be tinged with darkness."

"Give me a chance, Platypus?" He said it like a question more than anything. In that moment, Thaidakar almost felt like he would let Platypus kill him. But, alas, his plan would fail if that happened, and he couldn't let that happen. This needed to work. It all needed to happen how it would so he could, at last, rest in utter peace knowing that he'd done something that would save TLT in the end instead of destroying. They had to think of him as a villain so that they could be ready for what was to come. For what was coming after him. This world had done nothing for him besides given him pain... and some friends. He felt a twinge of regret sting deep inside him. No time for that now. No... there wasn't anytime for that. Not yet. There would be time to grieve for the Brave Adventurer. Oh... the brave adventurer, his oldest friend, his oldest enemy. And to think that the last face the Adventurer had seen had been his own. 

Yes, there would be time to grieve later. He would make time to do so at all costs.

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

also @Nameless*, you can ping me by either downloading the Greek letter keyboard. The first letter brings me up and it translates to c on a normal one, or looking up Greek letters and copy and pasting it, or just quoting me like you did. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize, your name is a genius way to lose the game less. Wait a second I could get something that looks really similar to my original name by doing that.

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"If I do kill you," Thaidakar said softly, "I will do as you ask. And... as my blade falls on you, it will fall with tears. But," Thaidakar started, walking forward, his blade turning into mist and leaving him, "Can I at least give you my reasoning for why I am doing what I am doing? If you truly saw me as a friend, give me at least this chance to explain myself and the importance of what I am doing. I want someone to understand it. I can't explain why, but I just want someone to know it. I would die a villain in everyone else's eyes if only one knew what I am truly doing from the depths of my heart, though it be tinged with darkness."

"Give me a chance, Platypus?" He said it like a question more than anything. In that moment, Thaidakar almost felt like he would let Platypus kill him. But, alas, his plan would fail if that happened, and he couldn't let that happen. This needed to work. It all needed to happen how it would so he could, at last, rest in utter peace knowing that he'd done something that would save TLT in the end instead of destroying. They had to think of him as a villain so that they could be ready for what was to come. For what was coming after him. This world had done nothing for him besides given him pain... and some friends. He felt a twinge of regret sting deep inside him. No time for that now. No... there wasn't anytime for that. Not yet. There would be time to grieve for the Brave Adventurer. Oh... the brave adventurer, his oldest friend, his oldest enemy. And to think that the last face the Adventurer had seen had been his own. 

Yes, there would be time to grieve later. He would make time to do so at all costs.

Subversion decided to just watch the fight for the moment. She could help if it was needed, but Platypus probably had this under control.

6 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan looked at the blade. Part of him yearned to grasp its handle, swing it, wield it against foe. But other was repulsed by the idea of desolation following him. He got a glimpse of a field of bodies lying on rock. And suddenly, he didn’t want it anymore…

Them his mind was filled with pride. He saw himself standing over an army… but… the death… 

“I will take it.” He said. “Unless anyone wants it. I will take on the responsibility.” He stepped forward.

@Aeoliae

"A word uttered from the thing before an amusment." It said.

The blade flew into Falvan's hand, and stayed there, as by the curse. The actual monster gaurding it vanished.

"lets start getting outta here before Desolation arrives." Rirrom said quietly.

Just now, Aeoliae said:

"A word uttered from the thing before an amusment." It said.

The blade flew into Falvan's hand, and stayed there, as by the curse. The actual monster gaurding it vanished.

"lets start getting outta here before Desolation arrives." Rirrom said quietly.

Unintelligible nodded. "Yeah. Well, good quest everyone, I'll see you all around later. Shame that Sequence and Everyone weren't able to do anything." With that, he vanished into the shadows.

Unintelligible nodded. "Yeah. Well, good quest everyone, I'll see you all around later. Shame that Sequence and Everyone weren't able to do anything." With that, he vanished into the shadows.

He hit a wall. One that wasn't there before. It was desolation who spoke. "You cannot leave that easily. Too plot convenient."