The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"To take the place of our fight," Thaidakar clarified. "It extenuates the mind more than the body, more than an actual fight would, for that takes quick action directed into strategy and Narration from the mind and soul. A game, however, is less taxing and altogether a better way to solve things between two intellectuals, wouldn't you say, my dear?" He said "dear" in the way that an old professor would call someone who he'd been acquainted with for a good while now. "See, the manipulation of the pieces will bring a more satisfaction to our brains than merely fighting. And, besides, there is a more feasible ending, as we can see with the examples being the fight I had just now with Platypus and the never ending battles against the Wither Lord. For, when several powers, similar in levels, clash in a place such as TLT, Narration being as it is, there is no way for a true ending to come forth. Thus we see that this is the only true way to solve a conflict, where a real ending for it can be achieved with simple skill and movements of insignificant pieces of the planet."

Thaidakar had gone full academic mode. Aka, full boring mode. What he said would sound absolutely boring to some, and entirely entertaining to other persons. To him, he was saying something riveting and quite enjoyable to listen to. Perhaps Subversion would agree, but perhaps not. If not, then at least he knew Nowhere would approve of his theories.

Subversion raised an eyebrow. “You’re quite the philosopher. I must disagree, however. Battles between Narrators can end, and they are possible to win. Much like chess played at the highest level, however, it is more likely to end in a draw than a decisive outcome. Your example of the Witherlord is particularly flawed. He has not survived by being of an equal power level to Narrators, but by being so much more powerful that no Narrator can stop him.”

Edited by Nameless*

Subversion studied the chess board in front of her in silence for a long time. Then she shook her head, standing back up. "This isn't going to work. If I lose, you have to know that I won't just let you kill me, and I highly doubt you'd allow me to kill you if I was the one to win." Subversion turned her back to Thaidakar, walking over to a weapons rack. "But you are right. A simple fight won't work. Regardless of whether or not you want to fight, I'm simply not skilled enough to beat you. Not without pulling out my trump card." She picked up an axe from the rack, examining the edge of the blade closely. "And, to put it simply, that trump card isn't ready to be revealed. Doing so now would ruin the suspense." She put the axe back on the rack. "The way I see it, that leaves us with two options. Either you can allow me to kill you, which won't happen, or... we can do things differently."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion studied the chess board in front of her in silence for a long time. Then she shook her head, standing back up. "This isn't going to work. If I lose, you have to know that I won't just let you kill me, and I highly doubt you'd allow me to kill you if I was the one to win." Subversion turned her back to Thaidakar, walking over to a weapons rack. "But you are right. A simple fight won't work. Regardless of whether or not you want to fight, I'm simply not skilled enough to beat you. Not without pulling out my trump card." She picked up an axe from the rack, examining the edge of the blade closely. "And, to put it simply, that trump card isn't ready to be revealed. Doing so now would ruin the suspense." She put the axe back on the rack. "The way I see it, that leaves us with two options. Either you can allow me to kill you, which won't happen, or... we can do things differently."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Nearly forgot about this in the midst of a ton of other things- thanks for the reminder.

"Differently?" Thaidakar asked, standing. "And what would that mean... And," He added, "You are right, I would not let you kill me despite how much I would enjoy being back in the sweet embrace of death. I am interested, however, what this trump card is." Feanor flicked his fingers, a dagger appearing in them, twisting as he maneuvered them with pure delight. "There are several ways to end this, Subversion, but which one are you suggesting?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Differently?" Thaidakar asked, standing. "And what would that mean... And," He added, "You are right, I would not let you kill me despite how much I would enjoy being back in the sweet embrace of death. I am interested, however, what this trump card is." Feanor flicked his fingers, a dagger appearing in them, twisting as he maneuvered them with pure delight. "There are several ways to end this, Subversion, but which one are you suggesting?"

Subversion smiled, turning back towards Thaidakar. "The perfect tool for building suspense: an offscreen fight. That way I don't have to reveal my secret to anyone but you, and you don't have to narrate another drawn-out fight."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion smiled, turning back towards Thaidakar. "The perfect tool for building suspense: an offscreen fight. That way I don't have to reveal my secret to anyone but you, and you don't have to narrate another drawn-out fight."

"Ah, yes, but it wouldn't truly solve it. There wouldn't be a true ending. An outcome would still be needed even if it is not narrated entirely." Thaidakar pointed out. "There would still be a discussion, if unspoken, of who would win. It's not a true way to solve this, merely a method to carry the solution that is decided upon by our Authors. There is no tangible difference in outcome, to sum my words into a sentence."

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Ah, yes, but it wouldn't truly solve it. There wouldn't be a true ending. An outcome would still be needed even if it is not narrated entirely." Thaidakar pointed out. "There would still be a discussion, if unspoken, of who would win. It's not a true way to solve this, merely a method to carry the solution that is decided upon by our Authors. There is no tangible difference in outcome, to sum my words into a sentence."

"Of course. The outcome is not my concern. If I lose the fight then I will accept the consequences, whether they are as irrelevant as an ignoble flight, or significant as death at your hands. I simply believe that this method of combat works better for both of us than the alternatives."

Edited by Nameless*

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Of course. The outcome is not my concern. If I lose the fight then I will accept the consequences, whether they are as irrelevant as an ignoble flight, or significant as death at your hands. I simply believe that this method of combat works better for both of us than the alternatives."

"The outcome is the concern for me, however," Feanor said. "At any other time, I would agree, but the events of this time are a hinge point in TLT. It is important, both for me and the general populace. However..."

He considered for a long moment, "You know what.. I have a better idea that I think you could agree with." Feanor leaned forward, grinning, "See... it would entail..." He began to speak, but as he did, he snapped his fingers and disappeared, leaving a hole in the Narration, Plot weaving, and more in the room. Thaidakar was gone, leaving a small piece of paper drifting down into Subversion's hands.

"Sorry!" The paper said. "I have things to do instead of sticking around near you, Subverted one! Good luck!"

Falvan flew toward the huge greatshell. It was uorisiny fast. As he got closer, he began to realize that this was a bad idea, but he went at it anyways. The flew with a burst of the beasts eye. He held his plotblde out, then time froze. He saw intelligence. But not just intelligence, pain, suffering, and anquish. This minster was angry, but this attack was not its will. I’m a flash, the sight went away. Falvan found himself on the ground. He had gotten beaten by one of its many limbs, and it raised another to crush him. No matter it’s motives, it was still trying to kill him. He flew out of the way. The beast. Roared, and in response, it’s army suddenly surged at double speed to the group close by. A few winged things flew at Falvan too, and he decided to try to regroup with the others.

7 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan flew toward the huge greatshell. It was uorisiny fast. As he got closer, he began to realize that this was a bad idea, but he went at it anyways. The flew with a burst of the beasts eye. He held his plotblde out, then time froze. He saw intelligence. But not just intelligence, pain, suffering, and anquish. This minster was angry, but this attack was not its will. I’m a flash, the sight went away. Falvan found himself on the ground. He had gotten beaten by one of its many limbs, and it raised another to crush him. No matter it’s motives, it was still trying to kill him. He flew out of the way. The beast. Roared, and in response, it’s army suddenly surged at double speed to the group close by. A few winged things flew at Falvan too, and he decided to try to regroup with the others.

Rirrom spoke, "Where should we go? What about we go check on some other places?"

On 9/1/2023 at 5:53 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Feanor didn't make a move for a long time, just acting as if nothing had happened. Finally, he laughed, "Was that supposed to scare me into submission? Of course you don't care for my plan, but do you want to know what I think you care about? I could tell you how the brave adventurer was destroyed, what specific commands I used and the technique around it. I could also tell you how to split someone into ten as I did you, and how to unravel a Narration blade." At that moment, as he'd said, the Narration blade turned into several loose ends, all screaming in a different toned voice, though with a hint of Subversion's in each of them. "Shall we talk truly at this point, my friend, Subversion? Or are you so subverted that you cannot have a proper conversation without threatening the other participant?"

If you're wondering, he altered the Narrative voice so that the Narration fell apart. Though Subversion might not know that at first.

Spook smiled softly, "Youth is flexible in TLT, so who knows exactly. And, besides, Thaidakar will do his best to weasel out of everything. He revealed his identity to you so that you would let him go. He killed the brave adventurer so that he wouldn't oppose him. He split Subversion in ten because he knew she could oppose him earlier than he would've liked. He killed off himself, somehow, to provoke you and others against him in the short term. Though, there may be a further plan with that. He isn't a person you can call normal! Let go your friendship with him and start thinking of him as the villain he is!"

Except not, because the thunder guy defends with his thunderous sword.

I can't respond rn, but i will later

On 9/1/2023 at 6:16 PM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan landed on the ground. Panting. “I don’t know what is happening or who you people are, but there is an army coming. Hundreds of white spines and Chasmfeinds we need to prepare. I don’t know what they are doing, but they seems to be specifically coming here. Also, for you guys o don’t know, I and Falvan.”

@Being of Cacophony you changed your pfp! 

i did!

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"The outcome is the concern for me, however," Feanor said. "At any other time, I would agree, but the events of this time are a hinge point in TLT. It is important, both for me and the general populace. However..."

He considered for a long moment, "You know what.. I have a better idea that I think you could agree with." Feanor leaned forward, grinning, "See... it would entail..." He began to speak, but as he did, he snapped his fingers and disappeared, leaving a hole in the Narration, Plot weaving, and more in the room. Thaidakar was gone, leaving a small piece of paper drifting down into Subversion's hands.

"Sorry!" The paper said. "I have things to do instead of sticking around near you, Subverted one! Good luck!"

Subversion shook her head. "I see why Nameless didn't like you."

5 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"What other places" states Arranis

"You know, I think we're out of cities. Maybe we should go to a new one."