The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The dark figure continued chanting as the blackness flowing from Falvan began to coil around him. Soon, the dark figure was completely covered in a shroud of black smoke. Abruptly, the smoke dispersed, the chant stopped, and the flames went out.

The dark figure looked at his hands. "I think... I think it worked!"

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

The dark figure continued chanting as the blackness flowing from Falvan began to coil around him. Soon, the dark figure was completely covered in a shroud of black smoke. Abruptly, the smoke dispersed, the chant stopped, and the flames went out.

The dark figure looked at his hands. "I think... I think it worked!"

What did it summon? Desolation???

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

RAFO.

The dark figure nodded to Falvan. "Thank you. You have no idea how important that ritual was to me. If there's ever anything I can help you with, just let me know."

"Who did you just summon?"

Why the RAFO?

Edited by Aeoliae

38 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

Why the RAFO?

If I know nameless, it's probably either so people don't immediately try to kill the summoned being, or to build suspense.

Alright, crazy theory time. The dark figure just summoned Nameless. I didn't put any more thought into it so leave me alone

58 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"Summon? That wasn't a summoning ritual. Summoning rituals are easy. This ritual was way more difficult. It changed the very fabric of TLT itself."

I RAFO'd because you never pass up an opportunity to RAFO someone :P. And because it didn't summon anyone.

13 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Something you could help me with?” Falvan said. “ I am in search of a weapon. Besides this normal sword since Rirrom took back his plotblade.”

"A weapon? I suppose I could help with that. How about the Dohr Maul blade?"

32 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Summon? That wasn't a summoning ritual. Summoning rituals are easy. This ritual was way more difficult. It changed the very fabric of TLT itself."

I RAFO'd because you never pass up an opportunity to RAFO someone :P. And because it didn't summon anyone.

"A weapon? I suppose I could help with that. How about the Dohr Maul blade?"

If you don't specify then I'm assuming Desolation is being brought back

6 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan looked at him expectantly.

"What do you expect? These rituals take months to prepare, according to dark figure here."

5 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"What do you expect? These rituals take months to prepare, according to dark figure here."

He is expecting expansion on the figure promise on a weapon 

20 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

You'll be wanting something more safe, I suppose? Well, I know a guy who could help you with that."

1 hour ago, Aeoliae said:

Desolation wasn't brought back by the ritual.

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan looked at him expectantly.

"Yes indeed, I know a guy who makes weapons worthy of their owners. But I don't know how to get to him."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Desolation wasn't brought back by the ritual.

"Yes indeed, I know a guy who makes weapons worthy of their owners. But I don't know how to get to him."

Dang it. But he noticed you summoning...

"And who is this guy, if I may ask?"

1 minute ago, Aeoliae said:

Dang it. But he noticed you summoning...

"And who is this guy, if I may ask?"

He could have noticed. There was a lot of dark energy being drawn upon, and it might allow him to return quicker.

"I know little of him, aside from his reputation. He makes weapons, powerful ones. Supposedly, all you have to do is find him and he will make one for you."

3 hours ago, Nameless* said:

He could have noticed. There was a lot of dark energy being drawn upon, and it might allow him to return quicker.

"I know little of him, aside from his reputation. He makes weapons, powerful ones. Supposedly, all you have to do is find him and he will make one for you."

I've reduced his return time to page 2475

Edited by Aeoliae

5 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"You'll be wanting something more safe, I suppose? Well, I know a guy who could help you with that."

You could see how, if you looked thoroughly enough.

ok, now I'm gonna be looking for it

4 hours ago, Aeoliae said:

3 hours ago, Aeoliae said:

I've reduced his return time to page 2475

I'm excited to see Hacob again. And this time Platypus will be there... *sadistic grin*

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

ok, now I'm gonna be looking for it

I'm excited to see Hacob again. And this time Platypus will be there... *sadistic grin*

If you want to kill desolation, resolution has to die too. And platypus ain't gonna be a big problem since Desolation and other inklings resist narration a fair bit. Nohr maul will return... in a random place unrelated to hacob or desolation. Resolution is trynna do stuff to bring back desolation, but...

But it'll be a cool fight scene.

Resolution entered the dark cave where Nohr maul used to be kept.

Just now, Aeoliae said:

If you want to kill desolation, resolution has to die too. And platypus ain't gonna be a big problem since Desolation and other inklings resist narration a fair bit. Nohr maul will return... in a random place unrelated to hacob or desolation. Resolution is trynna do stuff to bring back desolation, but...

But it'll be a cool fight scene.

Resolution entered the dark cave where Nohr maul used to be kept.

I'm perfectly willing to kill resolution. And that's not the least bit of Platypus' power now that he knows how to Plotshift. Also, Hacob and the Nohr Maul blade are linked by Suddenly, Pineapples. They would return in similar places, if not with its hilt in his hand. Wait, I thought Resolution didn't want Desolation back...

it will be cool.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I'm perfectly willing to kill resolution. And that's not the least bit of Platypus' power now that he knows how to Plotshift. Also, Hacob and the Nohr Maul blade are linked by Suddenly, Pineapples. They would return in similar places, if not with its hilt in his hand. Wait, I thought Resolution didn't want Desolation back...

it will be cool.

Desolation... he knows how to kill narrators. He just decided a sword would be cooler.

Nohr maul doesn't form bonds (akin to honorblades) but it does have side effects the longer you hold it... I don't even know if it'll return with them

Resolution doesn't exactly want desolation back, but the antidesolation spell on her is starting to wear off (narration resist) and shes getting curious. And she has Foreshadowing so its affecting her behavior

Resolution picked up the bag of spheres used to knock out falvan and examines them intently.

1 minute ago, Aeoliae said:

Desolation... he knows how to kill narrators. He just decided a sword would be cooler.

Nohr maul doesn't form bonds (akin to honorblades) but it does have side effects the longer you hold it... I don't even know if it'll return with them

Resolution doesn't exactly want desolation back, but the antidesolation spell on her is starting to wear off (narration resist) and shes getting curious. And she has Foreshadowing so its affecting her behavior

Resolution picked up the bag of spheres used to knock out falvan and examines them intently.

That's fine, Platypus' near immortality isn't because of him being a Narrator, though he does have powers that with it make him invincible to the average foe. Desolation might have killed Narrators, but he won't kill Platypus.

The Nohr Maul didn't form the bond, Suddenly, Pineapples did because Hacob used it to banish both of them, forever linking them (unless a currently undisclosed sequence of events happens). While one is there, so is the other. It would have to return for Hacob to return. And from what I understand, it would also have to return for desolation to return.

oh, ok.