The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

8 hours ago, Aeoliae said:

"l am desolation" A figure from the black goop emerged, grabbing foreshadowing as it advanced towards platypus. "I think you won't be winning. Thaidikar might have been a powerful opponent, but I could easily kill him. Something you couldn't"

Nah, you could not have- Thaidakar has certain... things in place that would've stopped you, at least for a time. I'm looking forward to Thaidakar's epic return tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus backed up, narrowly dodging the bite. "Deception is no longer in this realm." He grinned sardonically. "I don't believe I'm special on the inside, I just think that I have a much stronger understanding of what I can do."

He threw himself forward, slashing Vengeance through the belly of the dragon, then rolled out from under it. He let his Narrationblade dissolve, from what his Author said, he could absorb Narration. 

The dragon split into two dragons - both of equal size of the first - and both with a Desolation on it. Desolation himself made another one of the inky dragons and charged on after another, swarming Platypus

Thaidakar is probably fine - Just Desolation could maybe kill him under the right circumstances. Requires Nohr-maul blade 

Edited by Aeoliae

12 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Who is he?

"He is called the Dreamsmith, and he can make weapons matched perfectly to their owners."

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus backed up, narrowly dodging the bite. "Deception is no longer in this realm." He grinned sardonically. "I don't believe I'm special on the inside, I just think that I have a much stronger understanding of what I can do."

He threw himself forward, slashing Vengeance through the belly of the dragon, then rolled out from under it. He let his Narrationblade dissolve, from what his Author said, he could absorb Narration. 

Subversion appeared next to Platypus. "Hey. Just wanted to let you know that Feanor got away. I tried my best to stop him, but he got away. Sorry." She looked at Desolation. "Who's this?"

23 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"ANNNDDDD it looks like i need to be caught up. what should i do?"

Desolation has returned, and Falvan might be going on a quest to get a weapon.

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"He is called the Dreamsmith, and he can make weapons matched perfectly to their owners."

Subversion appeared next to Platypus. "Hey. Just wanted to let you know that Feanor got away. I tried my best to stop him, but he got away. Sorry." She looked at Desolation. "Who's this?"

"I am Desolation. I find it quite amusing that you would be friends with a piece of scum like Platypus. Quite amusing." A goo pool formed a figure of darkness to speak these words to Subversion.

3 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

"I am Desolation. I find it quite amusing that you would be friends with a piece of scum like Platypus. Quite amusing." A goo pool formed a figure of darkness to speak these words to Subversion.

"Friends? Not really. I'm pretty sure he still hates me at least a little."

Edited by Nameless*

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nah, you could not have- Thaidakar has certain... things in place that would've stopped you, at least for a time. I'm looking forward to Thaidakar's epic return tomorrow.

he was just bragging. He thought he could kill Plot too.

1 hour ago, Aeoliae said:

The dragon split into two dragons - both of equal size of the first - and both with a Desolation on it. Desolation himself made another one of the inky dragons and charged on after another, swarming Platypus

Thaidakar is probably fine - Just Desolation could maybe kill him under the right circumstances. Requires Nohr-maul blade 

Platypus laughed, and waved his sword. Using Plotbending, he caused the dragons to form back into one, and killed it. It was back to just him and Desolation.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Why do I not believe you? What actually happened?"

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"Friends? Not really. I'm pretty sure he still hates me at least a little."

"I do. Just a little though, and I usually put it aside when I'm fighting a monster like this Desolation fellow."

He says all this, while still attacking Desolation.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'm being honest. I was trying to keep him from running away, but he didn't want to stick around long enough to agree on what our fight to the death would look like. Speaking of fights to the death, how dire is this situation looking? You look like you're in quite the tough spot."

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I'm being honest. I was trying to keep him from running away, but he didn't want to stick around long enough to agree on what our fight to the death would look like. Speaking of fights to the death, how dire is this situation looking? You look like you're in quite the tough spot."

"Fine. I believe you, unfortunately. But I'm not in as bad of a situation as it seems. He's very overconfident and he's the reason my sole avatar is dead, so Vengeance can help out if I need it to. I don't think I'm in even close to as much danger as I was in when I fought Thaid or Rond."

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"i always forget, whos the one who needs to be whacked here?"

"Desolation, the ink dude."

"Fine. I believe you, unfortunately. But I'm not in as bad of a situation as it seems. He's very overconfident and he's the reason my sole avatar is dead, so Vengeance can help out if I need it to. I don't think I'm in even close to as much danger as I was in when I fought Thaid or Rond."

"I guess you don't need my help then." Subversion laughed, stepping back to watch the fight. "You do know that Thaidakar was a Narrator, correct?"

42 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus laughed, and waved his sword. Using Plotbending, he caused the dragons to form back into one, and killed it. It was back to just him and Desolation.

"I do. Just a little though, and I usually put it aside when I'm fighting a monster like this Desolation fellow."

He says all this, while still attacking Desolation.

uh... he is the dragon...

Desolation split into many more, each with a small fraction of Foreshadowing, granting them each plot resistance. "Platypus. Platypus. I don't think you quite understand."

33 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"alright. The Painter wouldve loved this guy." he rushes forward, the staff becomes a giant sponge and he sticks it into desolation.

Instantly goo consumes the sponge, and a desolation copy chases Abalador.

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

It should be noted that platypus does not know that Desolation probably couldn't kill thaidakar. If he gets knowledge from OOC comments then you aren't going to get them from me.

Just now, Aeoliae said:

It should be noted that platypus does not know that Desolation probably couldn't kill thaidakar. If he gets knowledge from OOC comments then you aren't going to get them from me.

48 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Ah- just randomly was scrolling through it and spotted that without any context.

2 minutes ago, Aeoliae said:

uh... he is the dragon...

Desolation split into many more, each with a small fraction of Foreshadowing, granting them each plot resistance. "Platypus. Platypus. I don't think you quite understand."

Instantly goo consumes the sponge, and a desolation copy chases Abalador.

oh, i guess i misinterpreted it.

"No, you don't understand. I've been doing this for longer than you'd believe. You cannot win this fight."

He shifts them back into one.

Plotblades don't actually grant Plot resistance. If anything, they make you more susceptible to plot. And he doesn't know because of OOC comments, but he does know, because he knows how strong Thaid is firsthand, and he wouldn't believe him.

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I suppose you do have a right to your arrogance. Very well, I won't interfere until you ask or Desolation attacks me."

"I wouldn't call it arrogance, but if that is the word you wish to use. You can fight if you want, I don't care. I did have the last fight after all."

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I wouldn't call it arrogance, but if that is the word you wish to use. You can fight if you want, I don't care. I did have the last fight after all."

"Go right on ahead." Subversion backed away from the fight. "He's right though. You don't understand. This Desolation isn't a narrator. Thaidakar was."

oh, i guess i misinterpreted it.

"No, you don't understand. I've been doing this for longer than you'd believe. You cannot win this fight."

He shifts them back into one.

Plotblades don't actually grant Plot resistance. If anything, they make you more susceptible to plot. And he doesn't know because of OOC comments, but he does know, because he knows how strong Thaid is firsthand, and he wouldn't believe him.

Desolation sighs. "I will win, since you cannot." 

The plotblade reforms in Full, then is replicated so Desolation has two swords. 

"If you want to keep on using your plot control, go ahead. But it is a crutch. And there are ways to suppress it."

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Go right on ahead." Subversion backed away from the fight. "He's right though. You don't understand. This Desolation isn't a narrator. Thaidakar was."

"I don't need to be a narrator in order to destroy one. Thaidakar is indeed a narrator, but that doesn't mean I'm weaker than him."