The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

nahhhh, it'll just be where it is. he'll find him when I bring in Spook.

Nowhere turned, raising an eyebrow, "Excuse me?" Impossible stood next to him, holding a rather large sword, though it wasn't Mordite. 

Impossible grunted, raising his blade towards the gooey figure who was talking to the poor person named Nobody, "Stop eating him."

"You want to know why?" Thaidakar lifted the hood, revealing his face. "Because there is no other way to get what I want. If I help you, it will ruin what I'm doing. Platypus, there are things in motion in TLT that I can only change if I do this. I cannot interfere in what you are doing with Desolation because, if I do, I will survive in the end. And if I survive in the end of all of this, it will not work. None of this will work. But, I will tell you one thing, I'm allowed to, anyways: You need to stop Desolation from getting Mordite. If Desolation gets Mordite, I want you to find me and kill me. Immediately." He walked forward, his clothes forming into his normal scholar's attire. He grabbed Platypus by his shoulders and looked directly into his eyes with his intense gaze, "Promise me that you'll do this for me, my friend. We may be enemies, but we've been friends as you keep insisting. We still are, I think."

"You have Mordite. I require Mordite. You will give me the Mordite."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"The opportunity to experiment on a narrator."

"Not enough," Nowhere said simply. "I've been able to experiment on Narrators before, I have all the data I need on Narrators for now."

The voice grunted, "Impossible... I thought that... Offer him the ability to leave TLT."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Not enough," Nowhere said simply. "I've been able to experiment on Narrators before, I have all the data I need on Narrators for now."

The voice grunted, "Impossible... I thought that... Offer him the ability to leave TLT."

"Fine. You want the ability to leave TLT?"

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Nowhere chuckled, "Maybe eventually, but not yet. Tell me, Desolation, what would you use this Mordite for?"

The voice said it softly to Desolation, "I will tell you your next instruction early. You are to stab Thaidakar/Feanor in the chest with it."

14 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

11 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere chuckled, "Maybe eventually, but not yet. Tell me, Desolation, what would you use this Mordite for?"

The voice said it softly to Desolation, "I will tell you your next instruction early. You are to stab Thaidakar/Feanor in the chest with it."

Someone walked up behind Desolation. "Hey Nowhere. Your experiments going well?" He turned to regard Desolation "Who's this new person?"

Edited by Nameless*

44 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Someone walked up behind Desolation. "Hey Nowhere. Your experiments going well?" He turned to regard Desolation "Who's this new person?"

"A visitor."

56 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I need it to kill one of the greatest enemies of all time."

48 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nowhere shrugged, "This is one of the new antagonists, I think. My experiments are doing fine, not as well as I'd have hoped, but they're going as best as I should've anticipated."

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"A visitor."

"I need it to kill one of the greatest enemies of all time."

"The Witherlord can't be killed by his own metal," Nowhere said dryly. "Though, I assume you mean Thaidakar. It's going to be a no. Thaidakar and I are friends."

The voice cursed, "He's become more honorable than last time I interacted with him. Tell him that the Voice of Darkness is back and demands that he honor the contract."

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"That's good then. Is there anything else we should know about? Remember, Desolation can't learn of it while we are in the lair, and neither can anyone else."

“I could probably become an author again with an injection of enough narration. I’ve actually begun drawing on Ryss’s power, so he’s weaker than a normal author would be. And… I can make Mac and Cheese?”

I want mac and cheese rn.

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"The Witherlord can't be killed by his own metal," Nowhere said dryly. "Though, I assume you mean Thaidakar. It's going to be a no. Thaidakar and I are friends."

"That's not true at all. I almost killed the Witherlord with a Mordite blade, if you remember. Also, don't you mean were friends? What page are you here from?"

40 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere shrugged, "This is one of the new antagonists, I think. My experiments are doing fine, not as well as I'd have hoped, but they're going as best as I should've anticipated."

The voice cursed, "He's become more honorable than last time I interacted with him. Tell him that the Voice of Darkness is back and demands that he honor the contract."

"The voice of Darkness is back and demands that you honor the contract." Desolation repeated.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

"That's not true at all. I almost killed the Witherlord with a Mordite blade, if you remember. Also, don't you mean were friends? What page are you here from?"

"Thaidakar and I have an... understanding. He is an interesting individual, more so because of his recent actions. For most, I wouldn't condone what he's done, but..." Nowhere shook his head. "Know that there is a reason to chaos and a chaos to harmony."

43 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"The voice of Darkness is back and demands that you honor the contract." Desolation repeated.

Nowhere paled, "Th-the... Voice..." He straightened, resuming his calm and calculated voice. "Is that so? I did not think that our friend the Scarred One would want to make an appearance after his banishment. Then again..." he smiled, "how can it have an appearance if it is assuming that title rather than his other titles... Interesting. I will supply you one Mordite Blade under two conditions. You will bring me the key to his mansion and will leave me and Impossible alone for the next thousand pages. Do you accept these terms?"

The voice made a ponderous noise, "He knows the past... as he should. I accept these terms, but do you, Desolation?"

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Thaidakar and I have an... understanding. He is an interesting individual, more so because of his recent actions. For most, I wouldn't condone what he's done, but..." Nowhere shook his head. "Know that there is a reason to chaos and a chaos to harmony."

"That's not what I was asking. He's currently your friend? As in he's not dead?"

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless glared at Nowhere. "He came back to life again, didn't he?"

"No," Nowhere said, a twitch in his hand revealing his slight surprise at Nameless's name drop. "He didn't come back to life again. He never truly died after he came back that one time, Nameless."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"No," Nowhere said, a twitch in his hand revealing his slight surprise at Nameless's name drop. "He didn't come back to life again. He never truly died after he came back that one time, Nameless."

"Yeah, he should've stayed dead. Hypocritical of him to come back to life, if you ask me."

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

nahhhh, it'll just be where it is. he'll find him when I bring in Spook.

Nowhere turned, raising an eyebrow, "Excuse me?" Impossible stood next to him, holding a rather large sword, though it wasn't Mordite. 

Impossible grunted, raising his blade towards the gooey figure who was talking to the poor person named Nobody, "Stop eating him."

"You want to know why?" Thaidakar lifted the hood, revealing his face. "Because there is no other way to get what I want. If I help you, it will ruin what I'm doing. Platypus, there are things in motion in TLT that I can only change if I do this. I cannot interfere in what you are doing with Desolation because, if I do, I will survive in the end. And if I survive in the end of all of this, it will not work. None of this will work. But, I will tell you one thing, I'm allowed to, anyways: You need to stop Desolation from getting Mordite. If Desolation gets Mordite, I want you to find me and kill me. Immediately." He walked forward, his clothes forming into his normal scholar's attire. He grabbed Platypus by his shoulders and looked directly into his eyes with his intense gaze, "Promise me that you'll do this for me, my friend. We may be enemies, but we've been friends as you keep insisting. We still are, I think."

Platypus looked up, tears welling in his eyes. "I will Thaid. I don't understand why, but I'll do it." He ran forward, hugging Thaid, tears streaming down his face.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I could probably become an author again with an injection of enough narration. I’ve actually begun drawing on Ryss’s power, so he’s weaker than a normal author would be. And… I can make Mac and Cheese?”

I want mac and cheese rn.

"That could be useful. Snacks are important in battle." Hacob grinned. "And your Author abilities will be cool. With more practice, you could do most things."

9 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"That could be useful. Snacks are important in battle." Hacob grinned. "And your Author abilities will be cool. With more practice, you could do most things."

“Great! So, what should I do now? How can I help at the moment?”

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Yeah, he should've stayed dead. Hypocritical of him to come back to life, if you ask me."

"Yes indeed," said Nowhere sarcastically. "Who else has done that, I wonder... Nameless, there are several current antagonists now, all of them dangerous. You don't remember it, but there once was a-" Nowhere's mouth shut and he grunted, trying to speak. He tried several more times until his mouth loosened, "... Shadow knows. Thaidakar knows part of it. Mythos is finding out. Nameless, it is of great importance that someone else know this knowledge before time runs out. The time of vicissitude is close at hand, Nameless One. Do you know how Eof knows everything? Whatever you think you know about his foresight is probably wrong... He knows it because he was one of the-" his mouth shut again. It was a longer time before the scientist could speak again. "Eof used to be something very important in TLT before that name was erased. He knows everything and nothing. When he remembers the past will be the time that either saves us all or destroys us. No in-between."

----

Mythos cursed softly as he strode down the stairs, his clothes seemingly dragging him towards some direction. There was something... familiar about it. And, yet, it was an eerie familiarity. He knew this place, yet he hated it. He had no idea why, except that apparently he'd had a crown here once, apparently. Or, at least, someone who looked strikingly similar to him had. And, for some reason, a woman with Lindy's ring had been here with her hand on his shoulder in the painting. 

"But why?" he asked in hushed tones. He didn't exactly know why he was whispering beyond that it just felt right to do so. Mythos reached a long hallway. His clothes continued to drag him forward and he didn't stop this time. On the sides of the hallway were paintings, stained glass windows and tapestries. All of them portrayed various scenes of glory, most of them centering on himself, Shadow, a few Narrators, the Mimes and...

He felt all the blood drain from his face as he stopped in his tracks and stared wide eyed at what he saw. Immortalized in the glass was a woman standing there with a glowing orb in both hands. At her right side was Eof, standing tall and clutching a red and gold eye in his hands At her left was Shadow, steadfast with a blade at his side, his hand rubbing the pommel. They all wore robes covered in an odd kind of runes.

Runes that Mythos could read.

And... what they said made the difference.

Servants of the high hand. Leaders of a righteous land. A prophesy to build. A future to see. A plan to set forth. A legion of heroes to foster. Antagonists to let fester. The sacred plan moves onward. The Legended. The Name. The Herald of Darkness. The Nameless One. The Avenger. The Darkness. The Scarred One. The Chosen Warrior. The Creator of Gems. The Shadowed One. They are in the Land Without Plot. Some are the same, some are different and many are their own. They are the ones we plan for, they are the ones that we ready the Thread for and more. One of our number shall die untimely. One of our number shall reign. One of our number shall be the creator of a new world. All of us shall be remembered when no-one is looking for us.

One name sparked in Mythos's head. A name that used to be his. A name that two now carried. And, with it, was a first name.

Oh, how he'd loved that name.

"Zara Von Kelsier. My mother." He whispered softly, his hands meeting his temples. Von Kelsier was Thaidakar's last name. Von Kelsier was Zara's last name. Von Kelsier was Spook's last name.

And... apparently it had been his own last name once upon a time.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus looked up, tears welling in his eyes. "I will Thaid. I don't understand why, but I'll do it." He ran forward, hugging Thaid, tears streaming down his face.

Thaidakar looked uncomfortable as Platypus hugged him, but patted Platypus's back, "Thank you, Platypus... There may come a time where you will understand why. Pray that you never find out."

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Gimme time to respond 

aight.