The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

5 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

"Where is the fun in that?" Desolation asked amused.

So...there are a few characters here in TLT that are only really narrated by a single Sharder. These include the Narrators, which are usually just versions of ourselves, and a few other ones that are different. Kind of like in the Roleplay section, there's a general rule that you don't control other people's characters.

Desolation is sort of an important character that's fallen under Aeoryi's jurisdiction.

If you're ever unsure about which characters are okay for controlling, you can always ask; we're happy to help. Right now most of the characters fighting are off limits, and controlled by other Sharders.

What you could do instead that would be completely acceptable is adding your own character, or making something crazy happen that our characters have to react to.

Sorry, I don't want to be mean or judgemental. We're excited to see what you come up with in this crazy land of TLT...

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"So, Desolation." The once author said to Desolation. "Can you just... not kill Thaidakar? Like, maybe a little bit?"

@Aeoryi

"For how long? The return is inevitable. It has been Foreshadowed. Better to get it over with now, I suppose."

9 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

"Where is the fun in that?" Desolation asked amused.

Unfortunately, this is what we call God-modding. Due to Desolation being my character, I would it is generally considered unfair to RP as someone else's character. This isn't considered great etiquette, and yeah. I would recommend making a new character (you can make them literally appear from thin air or whatnot) instead. 

But yeah.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"For how long? The return is inevitable. It has been Foreshadowed. Better to get it over with now, I suppose."

Unfortunately, this is what we call God-modding. Due to Desolation being my character, I would it is generally considered unfair to RP as someone else's character. This isn't considered great etiquette, and yeah. I would recommend making a new character (you can make them literally appear from thin air or whatnot) instead. 

But yeah.

"The... return?"

I made the same mistake when I first joined TLT. Actually, what I said in response to @Xiahida is the copy/pasted response Bookwyrm gave to me (I'm not smart enough to write my own :P)

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"The... return?"

I made the same mistake when I first joined TLT. Actually, what I said in response to @Xiahida is the copy/pasted response Bookwyrm gave to me (I'm not smart enough to write my own :P)

"Yep. If you go read the insanely long backstory posts of Thaidakar's author, you should be able to tell who it is. Apparently it's foreshadowed. If you don't- well. I don't know."

I participated in rRPG first and god-modding was one of the rules, but nowadays we don't really have set (or easy to follow/find) rules for author.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"The... return?"

Nowhere strode forward, "Do not speak of what you do not know of, Desolation." He looked pointedly at the inkling. 

@Aeoryi

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"Yep. If you go read the insanely long backstory posts of Thaidakar's author, you should be able to tell who it is. Apparently it's foreshadowed. If you don't- well. I don't know."

I participated in rRPG first and god-modding was one of the rules, but nowadays we don't really have set (or easy to follow/find) rules for author.

"I don't have time to read an insanely long backstory. How about instead we just... I dunno, sit around and eat Mac & Cheese and sing Kumbaya?"

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere strode forward, "Do not speak of what you do not know of, Desolation." He looked pointedly at the inkling. 

@Aeoryi

"That's what I was told. I was just discouraging farther investigation of who that is." Desolation returned the look.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"heyyyyy its someone weirder than me!"

"Not weirder, more peaceful. And hungry. You realize most characters only eat a couple times in their existence?"

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Tea. Herbal. Cinnamon. 

The Once-Author narrated a kettle and a few cups onto the mini table. 

They're having a tea party while Desolation is releasing ancient evil? What kind of protagonists are that?

EDIT: no pineapples. Pineapples has already been used within ten pages. It is still on cool down. @Sequence

Edited by Aeoryi

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

They're having a tea party while Desolation is releasing ancient evil? What kind of protagonists are that?

EDIT: no pineapples. Pineapples has already been used within ten pages. It is still on cool down. @Sequence

We're the thirsty kinds. Plus, I don't want to die and Desolation and Thaidakar are having a dance-battle or whatnot.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"uh- thanks ig." he says with a smile. "how did you do tha-"

"Narration!"