The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Xiahida said:

johny why??? You can try I can spend some time thinking it over if you don't mind posting it

Here's what I've gotten: There be four types of magic. Narration is one of them. People with lots have control over reality in some way. 

I might be totally wrong

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Sorry what. Can we stop devolving?

Time threatened to destroy everyone that was still not in the right time.

Sure, we do need the plot to continue.

The Once-Author went with Platypus back to normal time.

Right @Being of Cacophony?

18 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar raised an eyebrow, turning away from his desk, "And so he has the Mordite... Do you know how to kill a Narrator permanently without Mordite, Platypus?"

"I have ideas, but no occasion to test them."

21 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author walks up to Platypus. He nods, staying quiet.

17 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

Would someone mind explaining the Narrator magic?

basically Narration is changing reality.

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Sure, we do need the plot to continue.

The Once-Author went with Platypus back to normal time.

Right @Being of Cacophony?

yeah

9 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I have ideas, but no occasion to test them."

basically Narration is changing reality.

yeah

"There is the way that I used to kill the Brave Adventurer. What you need to do, my friend, is use Narration to rip me willingly from Author's grasp and isolate me from all touch. It will take intense concentration and intent. The intent in specific is key. However," Thaidakar said, "you need to not feel any regret whatsoever when you do it. You must want to do this to accomplish this task. It is the only way we can stop the Return."

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author blinked. “What?”

"I told you on Page One. I need to kill Thaid."

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"There is the way that I used to kill the Brave Adventurer. What you need to do, my friend, is use Narration to rip me willingly from Author's grasp and isolate me from all touch. It will take intense concentration and intent. The intent in specific is key. However," Thaidakar said, "you need to not feel any regret whatsoever when you do it. You must want to do this to accomplish this task. It is the only way we can stop the Return."

"I will try." Gritting his teeth, he Narrated. His Narration was impossibly fine, even better than when he had been fueled by Plot. He would not, could not feel regret, so he focused all his attention on the reason. Thaid knew this was needed. He wove a web, no, a tapestry. He looked at the strands coming together and almost stopped he was so surprised. "Goodbye Thaid," he said as he came to the end of his weaving. "It has been an honor. Til we meet again." Then he yanked the last thread into place.

Ha! the ending gives me a fail-safe. If you don't want Thaid actually dead, I can say that Platypus ended up feeling regret.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

13 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I will try." Gritting his teeth, he Narrated. His Narration was impossibly fine, even better than when he had been fueled by Plot. He would not, could not feel regret, so he focused all his attention on the reason. Thaid knew this was needed. He wove a web, no, a tapestry. He looked at the strands coming together and almost stopped he was so surprised. "Goodbye Thaid," he said as he came to the end of his weaving. "It has been an honor. Til we meet again." Then he yanked the last thread into place.

Ha! the ending gives me a fail-safe. If you don't want Thaid actually dead, I can say that Platypus ended up feeling regret.

Gimme time to respond - 1-2 hours pls

12 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I don't want Thaidakar to die because of certain things. It would've been awesome if he did... but they can't stop the Return.

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Me or Thaid?

both, it seems.

Les give Aeo time to respond.

Then, once they do, I will have a very, very, very large post to write that will explain a lot.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I don't want Thaidakar to die because of certain things. It would've been awesome if he did... but they can't stop the Return.

both, it seems.

Les give Aeo time to respond.

Then, once they do, I will have a very, very, very large post to write that will explain a lot.

darn, I was so ready for the heartbreak/regret plot arc, ending with [REDACTED]. Just in case I still do it :) 

13 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

darn, I was so ready for the heartbreak/regret plot arc, ending with [REDACTED]. Just in case I still do it :) 

You can write that post now, I'll just write this

Thaidakar breathed heavily as he unraveled.

But... it gathered once more, his Narration holding up. He looked back at Platypus and said hoarsely, "Try again."

10 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

You can write that post now, I'll just write this

Thaidakar breathed heavily as he unraveled.

But... it gathered once more, his Narration holding up. He looked back at Platypus and said hoarsely, "Try again."

Platypus collapsed, groaning as his Narration reversed. Then he got up. He went through the same steps, feeling more determined than ever, deep down feeling more disgusted than ever. If he succeeded, he would never forgive himself. But if he didn't the thread would fall. He yanked harder on the weaving this time, feeling it start to settle into place, before collapsing. Tears welled in his eyes. "I'm trying Thaid. I'll keep trying for as long as I can. It would help if I knew why this was needed. But I'll try, even without that knowledge." And so he tried, time after time after time, each time getting more bitter that he couldn't do it, each time getting more disgusted with himself that he was trying to kill a friend. But he kept trying. He'd promised Thaid, and he would keep his promises. He would deal with the acid eating him up inside after he had done what Thaid had wanted.

53 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus collapsed, groaning as his Narration reversed. Then he got up. He went through the same steps, feeling more determined than ever, deep down feeling more disgusted than ever. If he succeeded, he would never forgive himself. But if he didn't the thread would fall. He yanked harder on the weaving this time, feeling it start to settle into place, before collapsing. Tears welled in his eyes. "I'm trying Thaid. I'll keep trying for as long as I can. It would help if I knew why this was needed. But I'll try, even without that knowledge." And so he tried, time after time after time, each time getting more bitter that he couldn't do it, each time getting more disgusted with himself that he was trying to kill a friend. But he kept trying. He'd promised Thaid, and he would keep his promises. He would deal with the acid eating him up inside after he had done what Thaid had wanted.

Desolation seeped in through the floor, and without delay, stabbed Thaidakar in the back of the neck with the dark Mordite blade before he could react. Desolation then took a few steps back, admiring his sudden work.

Rather make this quick. @Thaidakar @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Edited by Aeoryi

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolation seeped in through the floor, and without delay, stabbed Thaidakar in the back of the neck with the dark Mordite blade before he could react. Desolation then took a few steps back, admiring his sudden work.

Rather make this quick. @Thaidakar @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

please wait. I have to finish biology first, then I'll type a response. Thaidakar won't just let Desolation stab him, there will be some epic stuff here.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

please wait. I have to finish biology first, then I'll type a response. Thaidakar won't just let Desolation stab him, there will be some epic stuff here.

Nononono we can't have a fight. That would make it more likely that Desolation loses (which is unsavory). And besides, It's basically over for desolation if he is fighting both Thaidakar and Platypus, so he would make sure to do an ambush.

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Nononono we can't have a fight. That would make it more likely that Desolation loses (which is unsavory). And besides, It's basically over for desolation if he is fighting both Thaidakar and Platypus, so he would make sure to do an ambush.

ahhhhh, but you forget the voice and the fact that Thaidakar is tired from what Platypus was doing to him, as is Platypus tired form that too.