The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ahhhhh, but you forget the voice and the fact that Thaidakar is tired from what Platypus was doing to him, as is Platypus tired form that too.

I don't know how much @Being of Cacophony's platypus is tired, but Desolation fighting two narrators is a big no-no for Desolation. He'd much rather fight one, and distract the other. Or maybe he'll bring a friend...?

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know how much @Being of Cacophony's platypus is tired, but Desolation fighting two narrators is a big no-no for Desolation. He'd much rather fight one, and distract the other. Or maybe he'll bring a friend...?

Or maybe Thaidakar will tell Platypus to not interfere or it will all go wrong. Either that or he'll tell Platypus to focus on trying to kill him and that thaidakar will hold Desolation off until Platypus can. Thaidakar won't be able to hold him off because of some things that you'll see represented in full detail.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Or maybe Thaidakar will tell Platypus to not interfere or it will all go wrong. Either that or he'll tell Platypus to focus on trying to kill him and that thaidakar will hold Desolation off until Platypus can. Thaidakar won't be able to hold him off because of some things that you'll see represented in full detail.

Hm... I suppose if platypus gets involved it's over for Thaidakar being killed with Mordite. If he doesn't then thaidakar dies.

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Hm... I suppose if platypus gets involved it's over for Thaidakar being killed with Mordite. If he doesn't then thaidakar dies.

don't worry about it, Aeoryi, it will all work out even if Platypus gets involved. I know how to guide the story so that it works out, despite what may occur. It's not as if editing isn't a thing and convincing argument can't be constructed.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

don't worry about it, Aeoryi, it will all work out even if Platypus gets involved. I know how to guide the story so that it works out, despite what may occur. It's not as if editing isn't a thing and convincing argument can't be constructed.

So who responds next? @Being of Cacophony or @Thaidakar?

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Don’t worry @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aeoryi, Subversion will happily help Desolation kill Thaidakar.

Seriously? Subversion doesn't even know where thaidakar is (prob). And if Subversion's alignment falls in the wrong side... although I could see it either way.

Edited by Aeoryi

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

So who responds next? @Being of Cacophony or @Thaidakar?

I'll respond once I'm finished with Biology in a few minutes. I will warn you, if Desolation strikes Thaidakar, I will have a maaaassive post to write down so it'll take about half an hour to an hour when that happens.

26 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Seriously? Subversion doesn't even know where thaidakar is (prob). And if Subversion's alignment falls in the wrong side... although I could see it either way.

She can find him just as well as Desolation can.

Subversion appeared behind Platypus. "Hey! You kill him yet?" @Being of Cacophony

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus collapsed, groaning as his Narration reversed. Then he got up. He went through the same steps, feeling more determined than ever, deep down feeling more disgusted than ever. If he succeeded, he would never forgive himself. But if he didn't the thread would fall. He yanked harder on the weaving this time, feeling it start to settle into place, before collapsing. Tears welled in his eyes. "I'm trying Thaid. I'll keep trying for as long as I can. It would help if I knew why this was needed. But I'll try, even without that knowledge." And so he tried, time after time after time, each time getting more bitter that he couldn't do it, each time getting more disgusted with himself that he was trying to kill a friend. But he kept trying. He'd promised Thaid, and he would keep his promises. He would deal with the acid eating him up inside after he had done what Thaid had wanted.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolation seeped in through the floor, and without delay, stabbed Thaidakar in the back of the neck with the dark Mordite blade before he could react. Desolation then took a few steps back, admiring his sudden work.

Rather make this quick. @Thaidakar @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Desolation's movements slowed as the blade approached Thaidakar. The tip tapped Thaidakar's neck, drawing a brightly colored drop of blood. Thaidakar chuckled, walking around to Desolation's side, "A complex mixture of Narration, Plot Weaving and Arc-Correction was what took to make that happen." Desolation wasn't frozen exactly, just moving slower than a snail. "I won't ever be able to make that again, it would take too long. I'm glad that I was able to use it now, however." He ignored the beads of sweat showering his body suddenly. 

The Narrator turned to Platypus and said softly, "Keep trying to kill me, Platypus, I'll hold off Desolation until you can accomplish this." As he grew sweatier, Desolation began to return to his normal speed. Thaidakar summoned two Narration blades, one shining blue with darkness rippling inside of it, the other red and purple with dull sparks erupting off of it with every movement. One belonged to Thaidakar, the other had belonged to someone he'd loved dearly. "Zara, guide me." Thaidakar readied plot weavings and Narration, aligning one sword with his nose and the other behind him. Excitement and adrenaline climbed up his spine, readying him for the fight.

This was to be the final fight, then. 

Time to show TLT who I really am, I suppose...

Despite himself he felt a tear fall from his eye. This was the last time he could see any of them, the last time he would fight. Hopefully, he would be able to rest knowing that he wasn't the villain of the story.

No matter what he was remembered as, he knew he would never get to see his legacy. That was up to everyone else to decide it for him. This was it...

Oddly, Thaidakar felt ready. He'd lived a long life on TLT, he'd fought many battles, did what he thought was right at all of those times, and had followed his heart. 

It was time to do that one last time.

And, with that, Desolation was released from the slowing of time. 

Thaidakar pointed his own Narration blade at Desolation and said, "My name is Thaidakar Von Kelsier, your master killed my wife, prepare to die!" Feeling grim satisfaction in the quote from his favorite movie, he began unleashing a torrent of Narration, Plot Weaving and swordplay. 

Ahhh... I'm going to be crying once we arrive at the end of Thaidakar, aren't I?

23 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Desolation's movements slowed as the blade approached Thaidakar. The tip tapped Thaidakar's neck, drawing a brightly colored drop of blood. Thaidakar chuckled, walking around to Desolation's side, "A complex mixture of Narration, Plot Weaving and Arc-Correction was what took to make that happen." Desolation wasn't frozen exactly, just moving slower than a snail. "I won't ever be able to make that again, it would take too long. I'm glad that I was able to use it now, however." He ignored the beads of sweat showering his body suddenly. 

The Narrator turned to Platypus and said softly, "Keep trying to kill me, Platypus, I'll hold off Desolation until you can accomplish this." As he grew sweatier, Desolation began to return to his normal speed. Thaidakar summoned two Narration blades, one shining blue with darkness rippling inside of it, the other red and purple with dull sparks erupting off of it with every movement. One belonged to Thaidakar, the other had belonged to someone he'd loved dearly. "Zara, guide me." Thaidakar readied plot weavings and Narration, aligning one sword with his nose and the other behind him. Excitement and adrenaline climbed up his spine, readying him for the fight.

Despite himself he felt a tear fall from his eye. This was the last time he could see any of them, the last time he would fight. Hopefully, he would be able to rest knowing that he wasn't the villain of the story.

No matter what he was remembered as, he knew he would never get to see his legacy. That was up to everyone else to decide it for him. This was it...

Oddly, Thaidakar felt ready. He'd lived a long life on TLT, he'd fought many battles, did what he thought was right at all of those times, and had followed his heart. 

Thaidakar pointed his own Narration blade at Desolation and said, "My name is Thaidakar Von Kelsier, your master killed my wife, prepare to die!" Feeling grim satisfaction in the quote from his favorite movie, he began unleashing a torrent of Narration, Plot Weaving and swordplay. 

Ahhh... I'm going to be crying once we arrive at the end of Thaidakar, aren't I?

Maybe that is what we should write when I try to write tlt. The story of Thaidakar.

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Maybe that is what we should write when I try to write tlt. The story of Thaidakar.

*grins* there would be a lot to write if you wanted to tell Thaidakar's story, but it's highly dependent on several other characters. To tell Thaidakar's story you need like five other protagonists.

31 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

""I didn't ask." The narration wave was almost completely absorbed by desolation, and he split into many, many, many, many copies of himself, each forming it's own blade. Some held Foreshadowlings, some held Narration blades (of many colors, mostly a prismatic translucent material), but all held a weapon. The true Desolation, (although the others were completely tangible) so to speak, held the Mordite blade in one hand, Ore-din-Aerie Nohr-maul Blade in the other. Black goo completely covered the room, preventing anyone inside from leaving, or outside interference.

"Thaidakar. I was just telling Platypus that I could kill you, and he didn't believe me. Now I finally get the chance to prove it."

All the "false" desolations charged at him, moving with insane synchronization.

Final boss- Desolation

Edited by Aeoryi

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ahhhhh, but you forget the voice and the fact that Thaidakar is tired from what Platypus was doing to him, as is Platypus tired form that too.

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Platypus would maybe be stronger as he's gonna be mad at Desolation for interupting what he sees as a sacred moment between friends, so that would at the very least nullify the fatigue, maybe even make him stronger. But man, he is gonna go to his lair and crash after this Plot-arc finishes.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

She can find him just as well as Desolation can.

Subversion appeared behind Platypus. "Hey! You kill him yet?" @Being of Cacophony

"Shut up!" he snaps at her. "You don't even know what regret is, much less how hard it is for those of us that feel it to subdue it!"

32 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

i know I am. And he's not even my character! :P 

Platypus nodded. "Wait. Won't you be vulnerable as I do this? Guess I'll only get one shot then." He carefully wove the Narration one last time, then prepared to use it. Finally, he convinced himself that he had no regrets. Thaid lived a good life and would be ok.

Alright, here's what I think should happen, in part to fuel Platypus' next arc. Thaidakar would be drastically weakened by the tearing from his Author, allowing Desolation to almost kill him, but at the last second, Platypus would intercede with Vengeance. The blades would lock and Platypus would disarm Desolation and use the blade to kill Thaid. He doesn't know that being killed by Mordite, not being killed by Desolation is the cause of what Thaid's afraid of. Thoughts?

Oh, and I'm gonna be off soon. YM tonight

Edited by Being of Cacophony

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus would maybe be stronger as he's gonna be mad at Desolation for interupting what he sees as a sacred moment between friends, so that would at the very least nullify the fatigue, maybe even make him stronger. But man, he is gonna go to his lair and crash after this Plot-arc finishes.

"Shut up!" he snaps at her. "You don't even know what regret is, much less how hard it is for those of us that feel it to subdue it!"

Platypus nodded. "Wait. Won't you be vulnerable as I do this? Guess I'll only get one shot then." He carefully wove the Narration one last time, then prepared to use it. Finally, he convinced himself that he had no regrets. Thaid lived a good life and would be ok.

Alright, here's what I think should happen, in part to fuel Platypus' next arc. Thaidakar would be drastically weakened by the tearing from his Author, allowing Desolation to almost kill him, but at the last second, Platypus would intercede with Vengeance. The blades would lock and Platypus would disarm Desolation and use the blade to kill Thaid. He doesn't know that being killed by Mordite, not being killed by Desolation is the cause of what Thaid's afraid of. Thoughts?

I would maybe revise this plan a bit - disarming Desolation would be near impossible (if it lands in a puddle of goo Desolation gets it back). However, if maybe Desolation could kill Thaidakar with the Nohr-maul blade (maybe he gets forced to) and ends up taking the blade. I would like the keys to Thaidakar's mansion to end up in Desolation's hand at least.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

You really want to hurt Platypus, don't you?

10 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I would maybe revise this plan a bit - disarming Desolation would be near impossible (if it lands in a puddle of goo Desolation gets it back). However, if maybe Desolation could kill Thaidakar with the Nohr-maul blade (maybe he gets forced to) and ends up taking the blade. I would like the keys to Thaidakar's mansion to end up in Desolation's hand at least.

I think thaid needs to be killed by mordite for his plot to work. Also, Platypus has fought giants, he's used to disarming foes far more powerful in strength than he is, so disarming him wouldn't be a problem. I just wanted permission from both you and Thaid before I did this. He'd get it back too because it would be too crushing for Platypus to keep the weapon he used to kill probably his best friend on TLT. Also, Thaid's mansion doesn't really have keys as far as I'm aware. And if there are, he probably has multiple sets. Platypus would have one to explain how easily he gets into the mansion. But Desolation could probably have at least one set of keys. This is all speculation though.

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I mean, having Desolation, Subversion, and Platypus all fighting each other would be pretty cool.

I mean, Platypus would still take the chance to kill subversion, especially if she attacked him first.

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

You really want to hurt Platypus, don't you?

Look, he's been doing fine for the past however long he's been here. It's time for some character trauma :D and I love Platypus. He came about as a joke between me and my brother. Plus it gives me a chance to use more of my other characters in different ways, and do things with Platypus he otherwise wouldn't do. I don't want him physically injured though. That'll come later *ominous grin*

Edited by Being of Cacophony

10 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

""I didn't ask." The narration wave was almost completely absorbed by desolation, and he split into many, many, many, many copies of himself, each forming it's own blade. Some held Foreshadowlings, some held Narration blades (of many colors, mostly a prismatic translucent material), but all held a weapon. The true Desolation, (although the others were completely tangible) so to speak, held the Mordite blade in one hand, Ore-din-Aerie Nohr-maul Blade in the other. Black goo completely covered the room, preventing anyone inside from leaving, or outside interference.

"Thaidakar. I was just telling Platypus that I could kill you, and he didn't believe me. Now I finally get the chance to prove it."

Final boss- Desolation

9 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Thaidakar grunted in response to what Platypus said. That was all he had time for, after all.

What happened next would go down in the history of Thaidakar's author as one of the greatest finales he'd ever written.

Thaidakar flipped through the air, complex Narrations that fed more Narration to Desolation, thus preventing him from getting to the shield. Thaidakar landed behind a large group of Desolations, slamming a wave of enhanced Plot Weaving into them, sending them flying to different parts in their individual character arcs. As Plot Weaving was not Narration and could not be used by most, it most likely was not absorbed, at least not immediately. Thaidakar rushed forward, moving like a hurricane of destruction, sweat and blood flying from his body as he fought like nothing before, dispatching one Desolation after another, meeting blades with his own. He slashed armor and more off of the Inkling copies, slamming his blade into their flesh, sizzling as the exposed skin like stuff met the Narration Blades, hot because of use. 

The Narrator fought as if it was a dance, bringing death down upon his enemies. This was what he was good at, this was how he did things and this was how he wanted to be remembered. He, Thaidakar Von Kelsier, was a warrior of immeasurable skills because the world had forced him to be. He never wanted anyone ever again to be forced to become a creature like himself. 

And that was what he fought for.

Even as exhaustion and weariness attacked him from Platypus attempting to kill him, he continued to fight, adrenaline flooding his veins. He laughed as power rippled around him, ripping more of the Desolations apart. 

"I AM THAIDAKAR VON KELSIER!" Thaidakar slammed one blade into a Desolation's neck, Narrating defenses all around, feeding more into the Desolations to stop them from taking the core shielding, "I am Feanor, the Creator Of Gems! I've created the sparkling caves beneath Kalithor!" 

Feanor and Thaidakar spread ruin and carnage as they went, doing what they did best. This was his legacy, Thaidakar decided, the fallen bodies of those who would destroy the core of TLT. "I am the Herald Of The Apocalyptic Return! I have attempted do stop it! Let that be my legacy upon the thread!

"You will fight for your horrid cause, Desolation! But you will never succeed as long as there are still Authors, Narrators, Avatars and Characters still breathing!

And, thus, he resumed, continuing his glorious final work upon TLT. 

28 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Final boss- Desolation

You think it will end?

26 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Here’s this huge thing we should! But not right now…

What if we tried to get all the minor characters to come and participate a little bit as one final thing? We could ping them. And they don’t have to actually really impact anything.

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

What if we tried to get all the minor characters to come and participate a little bit as one final thing? We could ping them. And they don’t have to actually really impact anything.

This isn't the grand finale yet. Just Thaidakar's finale.