The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Nameless* said:

The connection disappeared. It seemed that Nameless' narration simply didn't exist anymore, aside from what Desolation had brought in from the past. At least, not where Desolation could get to it.

Eh... okay. I guess- you know what, that's fine. He still has, like 89% of Nameless' Narration anyways

Just now, Nameless* said:

He believes so, yes.

No. He definitely does. It's not gonna be like Subversion's Agatha All Along thing. Desolation won't let anyone do that again. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it will return to Nameless after Desolation is done with it, due to time shenanigans. Desolation's basically burning it 

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

No. He definitely does. It's not gonna be like Subversion's Agatha All Along thing. Desolation won't let anyone do that again. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it will return to Nameless after Desolation is done with it, due to time shenanigans. Desolation's basically burning it 

No he's definitely stolen a lot of narration from Nameless, (Nameless couldn't pull off the trick that Subversion did. He's not good at illusions.) but Nameless has a lot of narration to steal.

Just now, Xiahida said:

Black tendrils shoot from Xyr Connecting him to the world. "So" he says "what the heck is happening right now" while summoning a Narration blade.

Is this too overpowered? He just got the powers of Narration basically.

So like he connects to a world and gains the powers there? Not too overpowered imo.

"Uh, something about an evil guy returning, and some sort of prophecy. Oh, and there's a sale on Ghanderflaffle bread."

Edited by Nameless*

6 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

Black tendrils shoot from Xyr Connecting him to the world. "So" he says "what the heck is happening right now" while summoning a Narration blade.

Nope. But Desolation would definitely have many counters to this. 

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

No he's definitely stolen a lot of narration from Nameless, (Nameless couldn't pull off the trick that Subversion did. He's not good at illusions.) but Nameless has a lot of narration to steal.

So like he connects to a world and gains the powers there? Not too overpowered imo.

"Uh, something about an evil guy returning, and some sort of prophecy. Oh, and there's a sale on Ghanderflaffle bread."

Nameless has a lot of Narration and Desolation left some behind, so yeah. We will go with 75% or so

23 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Forget what Cacophony said, now's a great time! Just maybe don't throw your new character into the middle of the battle straight off. let them have a bit of time to acclimate to the thread first.

Unintelligible frowned, staring up at the speck in the sky. It looked suspiciously like a new character.

Subversion glared at Platypus. "You must be blind. How can you even say he's your friend after what he's done? He killed Nameless and tried to kill me. He's done terrible things, and being sorry for them doesn't excuse him for doing them."

Platypus glared back. "I'm blind? Don't you mean that I show poor judgement? But that's aside the point. Which one of us wrapped a person in illusions and caused others to kill them, simply to become a Narrator? That's right, you. Which one of us heard what Thaid talked about in the other dimension. That's right, not you. And according to Moni, he didn't kill Nameless. But how can I say he's my friend, you ask? He stood by me when it mattered most. He is trying to stop Desolation. He is fighting while you fight me to stop me from killing him. Why? Because he, unlike you, has values. And while you didn't kill a bunch of people, if you did, you wouldn't feel sorry. He does! So he will be my friend for long past his death, while you will always be nothing more than an acquaintance, and usually an enemy."

With that, Platypus vaulted, Narrationblade stretching to push him up, onto the dragon the Desolation with Mordite was on.

9 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

nah, this is TLT. I'm practically unkillable, Desolation has show no way to be defeated, etc. Basically, if you can explain it, it's ok. sometimes even if you can't explain it it's ok :P 

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Nope. But Desolation would definitely have many counters to this. 

Nameless has a lot of Narration and Desolation left some behind, so yeah. We will go with 75% or so

Honestly, you probably don't even have that much. I'll let Nameless make the call, but Nameless is legendary for his power, including his Narration. After all, he gets brought up here, 500 pages? 1000? after his death.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus glared back. "I'm blind? Don't you mean that I show poor judgement? But that's aside the point. Which one of us wrapped a person in illusions and caused others to kill them, simply to become a Narrator? That's right, you. Which one of us heard what Thaid talked about in the other dimension. That's right, not you. And according to Moni, he didn't kill Nameless. But how can I say he's my friend, you ask? He stood by me when it mattered most. He is trying to stop Desolation. He is fighting while you fight me to stop me from killing him. Why? Because he, unlike you, has values. And while you didn't kill a bunch of people, if you did, you wouldn't feel sorry. He does! So he will be my friend for long past his death, while you will always be nothing more than an acquaintance, and usually an enemy."

With that, Platypus vaulted, Narrationblade stretching to push him up, onto the dragon the Desolation with Mordite was on.

nah, this is TLT. I'm practically unkillable, Desolation has show no way to be defeated, etc. Basically, if you can explain it, it's ok. sometimes even if you can't explain it it's ok :P 

Honestly, you probably don't even have that much. I'll let Nameless make the call, but Nameless is legendary for his power, including his Narration. After all, he gets brought up here, 500 pages? 1000? after his death.

I don't know but RN he has a bunch. You'll gonna have to wait for my Desolation response tho

he runs over as fast as he can to Rain. "NO-" he touches the bird, and out comes a bright magical energy, which sputters out rather quickly "NONONONONONO- WHY-" he falls to his knees, and sits there, just staring. "i cant-"

tender moment, why not.

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know but RN he has a bunch. You'll gonna have to wait for my Desolation response tho

yah, that's fine

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he runs over as fast as he can to Rain. "NO-" he touches the bird, and out comes a bright magical energy, which sputters out rather quickly "NONONONONONO- WHY-" he falls to his knees, and sits there, just staring. "i cant-"

A platypus appears in front of him. It stands on Rain, and light pulses from it into the bird, lighting up the area in flashes. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING- GET OFF OF HIM-" he pauses, turns around, and looks at the dragons. "alright, you guys get to die" and his Avatar becomes one with the thread, and explodes into a raven avatar the size of each dragon. "THIS POWER IS INTOXICATING-" he booms.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Subversion leapt into the air, flying after Platypus. "I did what I had to to survive! If I hadn't done what I did to Valiant, I wouldn't exist right now. And Moni never said that Thaidakar didn't kill Nameless, merely that she didn't know how Nameless had died. You're a fool, Platypus. Being used by others for their own ends is all you're good for, it seems."

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

~250 pages since he disappeared presumed dead, ~100 since he actually died.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion leapt into the air, flying after Platypus. "I did what I had to to survive! If I hadn't done what I did to Valiant, I wouldn't exist right now. And Moni never said that Thaidakar didn't kill Nameless, merely that she didn't know how Nameless had died. You're a fool, Platypus. Being used by others for their own ends is all you're good for, it seems."

~250 pages since he disappeared presumed dead, ~100 since he actually died.

wow, that's way less than I thought. He disappeared at about the same time I joined... maybe I'm him in disguise! :P 

"Excuses!" He bellowed at her. "How do you know that's not what Thaid did too? And Moni said that she gave Nameless a name, and she thought that killed him! Better foolish and useful than clever and an antagonist. I stand by my choices. I will fight you later Subs. For now, I need to kill Thaidakar."

Platypus swiped his extended Narrationblade at her, forcing her to not be able to land on the dragon he was on.

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING- GET OFF OF HIM-" he pauses, turns around, and looks at the dragons. "alright, you guys get to die" and his Avatar becomes one with the thread, and explodes into a raven avatar the size of each dragon. "THIS POWER IS INTOXICATING-" he booms.

The platypus calmly stays on, pumping light into the bird.

Xyr whoops and Narrates himself behind one of the desolations and stabs the point where the neck meets the head. He leaped off the dragon while throwing a kunai at another desolation that hits the eye socket, sending it flying.

Edited by Xiahida

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Excuses!" He bellowed at her. "How do you know that's not what Thaid did too? And Moni said that she gave Nameless a name, and she thought that killed him! Better foolish and useful than clever and an antagonist. I stand by my choices. I will fight you later Subs. For now, I need to kill Thaidakar."

Platypus swiped his extended Narrationblade at her, forcing her to not be able to land on the dragon he was on.

"No, she said that she gave Nameless a name, and the way he reacted left him vulnerable to Thaidakar's attack when he wouldn't have been before. Thaidakar killed him Platypus, it's undeniable. Don't believe me? See for yourself." Subversion reached into the past, straining her weakened narration powers to the limit, and brought forth something true.

Platypus entered into a vision.

The hood of the cloak was swept aside as the blue energy came closer to the adventurer, revealing a face. A face that revealed a lot. The adventurer's tongue was refrained from saying the name, nor their attributes, but it revealed so much. "What's so threatening about you?" Feanor strode closer, whispering in the adventurer's ear, "I know that you'll be the method of my destruction. I was told that you would if I let you... I have to remove loose ends so I can kill the five, finally. Do understand, please... Say hi to Lindy for me." And, smiling, Feanor stepped back as the blue energy hit the adventurer, unravelling the adventurer's very being into a state where it could be sent to the place where it can never be returned from. 

"A shame..." Feanor said, lifting their hood once more. "I liked him."

"See? It was Thaidakar. Undeniable proof that it was him."

"Sure!"

Xyr sends out a strand of Connection to the armored dragon and pulls on it, sending him flying. He summons a long thin katana that he slams into the dragon's head, then proceeds to rip chunks of the armor off.

"So anybody seen Johny recently? He owes me a chunk of steel."

Edited by Xiahida

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"No, she said that she gave Nameless a name, and the way he reacted left him vulnerable to Thaidakar's attack when he wouldn't have been before. Thaidakar killed him Platypus, it's undeniable. Don't believe me? See for yourself." Subversion reached into the past, straining her weakened narration powers to the limit, and brought forth something true.

Platypus entered into a vision.

The hood of the cloak was swept aside as the blue energy came closer to the adventurer, revealing a face. A face that revealed a lot. The adventurer's tongue was refrained from saying the name, nor their attributes, but it revealed so much. "What's so threatening about you?" Feanor strode closer, whispering in the adventurer's ear, "I know that you'll be the method of my destruction. I was told that you would if I let you... I have to remove loose ends so I can kill the five, finally. Do understand, please... Say hi to Lindy for me." And, smiling, Feanor stepped back as the blue energy hit the adventurer, unravelling the adventurer's very being into a state where it could be sent to the place where it can never be returned from. 

"A shame..." Feanor said, lifting their hood once more. "I liked him."

"See? It was Thaidakar. Undeniable proof that it was him."

"That was no proof Subby. That was him killing the adventurer. Unless... Are you saying the adventurer was Nameless? And I made an Avatar to help him! Ugh. What do you even want!? Do you want Thaid dead or not?"

uh, Raven, Xia, be careful not to do too much while Aeoryi is gone cause it might not be canon if you don't give the desolations a chance.