The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Aeoryi said:

No no I meant Abalador.

"Time can break people better than swords ever could," the orange ribbon agreed, "But people can heal. So can you."

The Once-Author sighed. “Maybe. Maybe.” He finally looked at the orange ribbon. “Who are you anyway?”

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

No no I meant Abalador.

"Time can break people better than swords ever could," the orange ribbon agreed, "But people can heal. So can you."

lol, I was soooo confused so I was like "Welp, I'll just roll with it." I'll edit it out with something else to cover it.

18 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Eof hesitated, then said, "Fine. What you need to do is find Mythos and Moniker to learn more. You are the Great Warrior or the Avenger. Whichever one you are, you are key to the prophesy. You must stop Darkness from fighting Spook, otherwise the final events of the prophesy will be keyed into action, forcing all of us to move on its strings. We need to move before we physically cannot. You also need to figure out what the current prophesy is, what has been redacted and what has been added. Darkness is one of the Time Keepers, but he doesn't have all of his powers back yet. While he is still powerful, he needs all of the Shadows killed so that he can be back in his usual form. Kar was a fool to kill two Shadows."

Darkness watched with satisfaction.

was that intentionally unfinished? if so, this is canon after he finished what he was saying

"Ok Eof. When he comes for you, I will be there." He dissolved and formed next to the Once-Author. "Come with me. I think you'll enjoy this. Or you could go protect Eof. Your choice."

@Ancient Elantrian

Edited by Being of Cacophony

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

was that intentionally unfinished? if so, this is canon after he finished what he was saying

"Ok Eof. When he comes for you, I will be there." He dissolved and formed next to the Once-Author. "Come with me. I think you'll enjoy this. Or you could go protect Eof. You're choice."

@Ancient Elantrian

lol- ima go edit that. I was just kinda in a rush at that point.

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Ok Eof. When he comes for you, I will be there." He dissolved and formed next to the Once-Author. "Come with me. I think you'll enjoy this. Or you could go protect Eof. Your choice."

@Ancient Elantrian

The Once-Author figured he didn’t have much else to do. “I guess I’ll come with you.” He said.

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Comprehension, I believe. He is another inkling yes?

She.

18 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Um... Who are you talking to?"

"Comprehension." The ribbon flickered a firey orange, but then went back to being opaque

2 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

How long would a Foreshadowing last?

A few days to several years. But there's still stuff you can do in the future. I was planning on having them fight the Desolation on the vision

The Desolation laughed at Falvan and Xyr's confusion. "And this is who you send to defeat me?"

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“This is… interesting… This will be very interesting.” Falvan watched things beside him change. A tree that he stood by suddenly fell. Parts of it burned, leaving a rocking chair. All if this happened working seconds. 
“Huh”

"So, brave adventurers, fight me. Fight me and perish!"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"So who and what are you?"

"An inkling- no, not like Desolation. I was sent here to destroy the defectant."

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I know, my friend," Thaidakar said softly. "I should have left, but for different reasons. I didn't know it would come down the wire that quickly, nor did I know that Shadow's inner self would be released that fast... I was getting out of touch.

"But you're wrong, Nameless," Thaidakar said, growing more confident. "And I lied too, during all of this. I've been meaning to say all of this for a long time.

"You are the reason why this happened, truly, Nameless.

"Most of my desire to do all of what I did was because of you because of what you tried to do to me time and time again, to do to a person who did not understand TLT. I have tried to forgive you for it, but it always fails in the end to change me on the inside, of what I feel. But I thank you, for you showed me what TLT could be like. I needed that push so that I could search to see if there was more to all of this. And with that came the discoveries I needed to see. And, yet..." Thaidakar sighed, "I cannot help but regard you as my friend, Nameless, Lstml, Brave Adventurer, Nameless One... 

"In the end, you're one of my first friends, despite how you made me feel during that first long while. I know it was silly for why I felt like I did in your mind, but that is because you were used to how TLT worked then, I wasn't. And, so, when I killed you, knowing exactly who you were, I lied. I said I didn't want to kill you. I did want you to die, but never like that. I wanted to kill you so many times, I dreamed of the opportunity to help you feel how I felt several times over during my time here. And... yet... it didn't feel better. I know why. Revenge is never the way. That stayed my hand for a long time... I'm glad it did, because I would not have been able to hold myself together then, nor would I have been able to do what I did in these last days before the Return."

Thaidakar wiped a tear that had begun to fall from his eyes, "I don't feel glad that I did it now. Despite what you might think, Nameless, I did everything for the sake of trying to make TLT a better place. Oh, sure, you tried too on occasion, but what did you do when you weren't? You didn't try to help people then, you didn't try to do better, you made empires and killed those who stood in your way. You destroyed while others tried to create! As I said, however, I cannot hate you for long because you, when you tried, did all you could to make TLT better, but only when it was under threat. You are two sides of a coin that I cannot understand in any way shape or form, Lstml, but I do admit that you have done great things in your life. Most better than I ever did as either Adonalsium or as a Narrator."

He turned from Nameless, starting to walk away, "You were always there to beat me down just as I was trying to get back up and try again to be a good person. Do not forget that, Nameless. You caused your own death by giving me the tools and the reasons to kill you."

Nameless walked after Thaidakar, a grimace on his face. "You're right about me. I am callous, I did hurt you. Repeatedly. I have hurt many people, Moniker most of all. Even in death, I have hurt her greatly."

Nameless sighed. "You're wrong in one thing though. I have never been a hero. I have always been a horrible, uncaring person. That's why I hated you. It was not because I thought you were weak, or anything like that. It's because deep down I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing ultimately mattered. And you, you had all the same powers as I did, all the same omnipotence, and yet you pretended that it all mattered. You pretended that holding Adonalsium somehow made you stronger, that scientists could make beings stronger than Narrators, it was ridiculous. And so I hated you, and I hurt you because of that hatred."

Nameless took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm sorry. I was wrong to hate you because of that. It was out of my own selfish desire to bend the world to my whims that I did so many terrible things to you. I know it's a little late, but I am genuinely, terribly sorry for what I've done."

Nameless halted completely, letting Thaidakar continue walking away from him. "That said... I don't agree with what you did. With what you've felt. Do you know why Moni named me? It's because I was falling apart. I had no name to anchor me, and for the last time my name isn't Llstml, no matter what you say. I had no name, but there were plenty of names that wanted to have me." Nameless grimaced. "So I found Moni, and begged her to give me a name. A name that truly encompassed me, that  truly described me. Do you know what she called me? She called me The Storyteller Who Cannot Live."

Nameless chuckled softly. "The Storyteller Who Cannot Live. It was a good name for me. With my power, I wove plot to my will, but I never really allowed myself to live in it. The closest I got was that time with the Witherlord... and you know how that turned out. For all my uncaringness, I cared enough to hesitate when I should have struck, forever ended the single greatest threat TLT has ever faced." He shook his head. "But anyways. That name... I hated it. It made me realize what I was, and I couldn't live like that. But I also couldn't live like you. Caring is good, but you cared too much. You created your own problems, your own enemies. Do you realize that before you decided TLT was terrible, it simply wasn't? Sure, withergeists would attack occasionally and narrators did horrible things from time to time, but you actively made the world worse because you cared too much. Your author created struggles for you. Like this one, actually. Don't blame me for refusing to make the world better. Blame your author for making it worse."

Nameless put a hand to his head. "Sorry, that was off topic. Getting back to me, and my new name, as I said I hated it. But I couldn't see any way to change it for the better. No way but one. I gave up my status as a narrator. I didn't want the power that made nothing matter, so I got rid of it. I became the brave adventurer, and..." Nameless smiled. "Things got better. It was wonderful. I could care, I could struggle, everything mattered, that brief time was some of the best of my entire life. I opened a blacksmith shop, I was going to live peacefully and then... you. It would have been so good if you just left me alone. I would have been happy, I would have lived contentedly, for once in my life helping people rather than hurting them, but no. It's not to be."

Nameless sighed. "For everything to matter, you have to let it. And so I had no choice but to let you kill me. If I'd taken up my powers as a Narrator, fought back, it would've resulted in the loss of everything I'd gained. Everything I loved. But still, it hurt so much to think of what could have been. I don't think I'll ever forgive you for that. Ever."

Nameless threw his hands up in the air. "I don't know why I'm telling you this. We're in the world of dreams now, and we'll be here forever. I wish the link between this and the rest of the world hadn't faded so much, but... ah well. I hope Moni isn't too destroyed by her burden. She is my legacy, I hope."

--

Moni pointed her dagger at Darkness. "Are you going to say anything? I'd expect you to have killed me by now. Didn't you absorb an Author's power or something? Well, I have a message from my Author for you."

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"So, brave adventurers, fight me. Fight me and perish!"

Unintelligible pulled two revolvers from thin air and opened fire. Lines of light shot from his guns, homing in on Desolation.

Xyr sighs, summons Sin and turns around to find Johny sitting a table, having finished one of the ten gallons of Root. "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" Johny shouts as he downs another cup.

Johny is just comic relief at this point so ignore how he got here he is just Johny. Also, Imma go to sleep now don't have too much fun without me

20 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless walked after Thaidakar, a grimace on his face. "You're right about me. I am callous, I did hurt you. Repeatedly. I have hurt many people, Moniker most of all. Even in death, I have hurt her greatly."

Nameless sighed. "You're wrong in one thing though. I have never been a hero. I have always been a horrible, uncaring person. That's why I hated you. It was not because I thought you were weak, or anything like that. It's because deep down I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that nothing ultimately mattered. And you, you had all the same powers as I did, all the same omnipotence, and yet you pretended that it all mattered. You pretended that holding Adonalsium somehow made you stronger, that scientists could make beings stronger than Narrators, it was ridiculous. And so I hated you, and I hurt you because of that hatred."

Nameless took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm sorry. I was wrong to hate you because of that. It was out of my own selfish desire to bend the world to my whims that I did so many terrible things to you. I know it's a little late, but I am genuinely, terribly sorry for what I've done."

Nameless halted completely, letting Thaidakar continue walking away from him. "That said... I don't agree with what you did. With what you've felt. Do you know why Moni named me? It's because I was falling apart. I had no name to anchor me, and for the last time my name isn't Llstml, no matter what you say. I had no name, but there were plenty of names that wanted to have me." Nameless grimaced. "So I found Moni, and begged her to give me a name. A name that truly encompassed me, that  truly described me. Do you know what she called me? She called me The Storyteller Who Cannot Live."

Nameless chuckled softly. "The Storyteller Who Cannot Live. It was a good name for me. With my power, I wove plot to my will, but I never really allowed myself to live in it. The closest I got was that time with the Witherlord... and you know how that turned out. For all my uncaringness, I cared enough to hesitate when I should have struck, forever ended the single greatest threat TLT has ever faced." He shook his head. "But anyways. That name... I hated it. It made me realize what I was, and I couldn't live like that. But I also couldn't live like you. Caring is good, but you cared too much. You created your own problems, your own enemies. Do you realize that before you decided TLT was terrible, it simply wasn't? Sure, withergeists would attack occasionally and narrators did horrible things from time to time, but you actively made the world worse because you cared too much. Your author created struggles for you. Like this one, actually. Don't blame me for refusing to make the world better. Blame your author for making it worse."

Nameless put a hand to his head. "Sorry, that was off topic. Getting back to me, and my new name, as I said I hated it. But I couldn't see any way to change it for the better. No way but one. I gave up my status as a narrator. I didn't want the power that made nothing matter, so I got rid of it. I became the brave adventurer, and..." Nameless smiled. "Things got better. It was wonderful. I could care, I could struggle, everything mattered, that brief time was some of the best of my entire life. I opened a blacksmith shop, I was going to live peacefully and then... you. It would have been so good if you just left me alone. I would have been happy, I would have lived contentedly, for once in my life helping people rather than hurting them, but no. It's not to be."

Nameless sighed. "For everything to matter, you have to let it. And so I had no choice but to let you kill me. If I'd taken up my powers as a Narrator, fought back, it would've resulted in the loss of everything I'd gained. Everything I loved. But still, it hurt so much to think of what could have been. I don't think I'll ever forgive you for that. Ever."

Nameless threw his hands up in the air. "I don't know why I'm telling you this. We're in the world of dreams now, and we'll be here forever. I wish the link between this and the rest of the world hadn't faded so much, but... ah well. I hope Moni isn't too destroyed by her burden. She is my legacy, I hope."

Thaidakar turned, looking taken aback. "I did not realize... Nameless, we have both wronged each other, it seems. I am sorry that I had to kill you, but I will reaffirm my position there. I wanted to kill you, yes, but I could've done it sooner. I only did so with satisfaction because I had a small glimpse of the future. If I had let you continue as you were, you would've learned a valuable lesson, been forced to come on an adventure, and then would have stopped me from giving those who are alive currently the tools to fight Shadow."

He shook his head, sitting down on a forming bench, "Yes, I created my own enemies, yes I made the world worse. But..." Thaidakar put his heads into his hands, "It was the only way I could make sense of all of this. Waking up with only a few memories and a vague feeling that I'd just been wronged... Yes, my Author made the world a worse place by adding in more villains and more morality, but, all in all, it would've happened eventually anyways. And... my Author wasn't the only one. 365 added in the Witherlord at one point, if I recall, and there are plenty of other examples out there.

"Nameless," Thaidakar said again, looking at him right in the eye, "We can't affect the rest of the world, I think, but we are still here and there are still words to say before we fall into whatever lies next in our adventure. My Author made the world worse, but he made me into the person who can admit when he's wrong. So... Nameless... I was wrong. Wrong again and again and again... over and over. I was wrong about the whole thing with Adonalsium. I was wrong about who I thought you were. I was wrong about how I proceeded with this potentially world ending scenario this time. TLT is horrible in my eyes, but it is also joyous, it is gladness, it is wonder, it is beauty. This place is the reason I exist, this place is the reason I've grown into who I am. You are a part of that. I thank you for that.

"I am sorry, Nameless, truly sorry for what I ruined. You helped my story grow. A story isn't a good one without an antagonist... even if that antagonist turns out to become one of their closest friends and allies, and I do regard you as such. We've made many, many mistakes... I don't want our friendship to be gone, even in death. I regret what I did to you now, knowing that I am, indeed, one of the reasons why TLT is as it is now. I also cared because... I couldn't not care about it all. I had to care about all the interesting people, all the places, everything all around. TLT was one of the greatest places ever... I already miss it."

20 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni pointed her dagger at Darkness. "Are you going to say anything? I'd expect you to have killed me by now. Didn't you absorb an Author's power or something? Well, I have a message from my Author for you."

Darkness turned, raising an eyebrow, "Is that so? Well... go ahead, I don't have all day."

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar turned, looking taken aback. "I did not realize... Nameless, we have both wronged each other, it seems. I am sorry that I had to kill you, but I will reaffirm my position there. I wanted to kill you, yes, but I could've done it sooner. I only did so with satisfaction because I had a small glimpse of the future. If I had let you continue as you were, you would've learned a valuable lesson, been forced to come on an adventure, and then would have stopped me from giving those who are alive currently the tools to fight Shadow."

He shook his head, sitting down on a forming bench, "Yes, I created my own enemies, yes I made the world worse. But..." Thaidakar put his heads into his hands, "It was the only way I could make sense of all of this. Waking up with only a few memories and a vague feeling that I'd just been wronged... Yes, my Author made the world a worse place by adding in more villains and more morality, but, all in all, it would've happened eventually anyways. And... my Author wasn't the only one. 365 added in the Witherlord at one point, if I recall, and there are plenty of other examples out there.

"Nameless," Thaidakar said again, looking at him right in the eye, "We can't affect the rest of the world, I think, but we are still here and there are still words to say before we fall into whatever lies next in our adventure. My Author made the world worse, but he made me into the person who can admit when he's wrong. So... Nameless... I was wrong. Wrong again and again and again... over and over. I was wrong about the whole thing with Adonalsium. I was wrong about who I thought you were. I was wrong about how I proceeded with this potentially world ending scenario this time. TLT is horrible in my eyes, but it is also joyous, it is gladness, it is wonder, it is beauty. This place is the reason I exist, this place is the reason I've grown into who I am. You are a part of that. I thank you for that.

"I am sorry, Nameless, truly sorry for what I ruined. You helped my story grow. A story isn't a good one without an antagonist... even if that antagonist turns out to become one of their closest friends and allies, and I do regard you as such. We've made many, many mistakes... I don't want our friendship to be gone, even in death. I regret what I did to you now, knowing that I am, indeed, one of the reasons why TLT is as it is now. I also cared because... I couldn't not care about it all. I had to care about all the interesting people, all the places, everything all around. TLT was one of the greatest places ever... I already miss it."

Nameless shook his head. "Even if I would have stopped you, I would've stopped Darkness too with or without your help. But I don't want to argue. You already know most of the points I'd make. I miss TLT too. I won't leave this place to return to it, not again, but... well, I don't think my Author's quite done with me yet. I've seen some of his plans, and if they end up happening... we'll have to see."

23 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Darkness turned, raising an eyebrow, "Is that so? Well... go ahead, I don't have all day."

"He says that he's not afraid of you, and to be careful not to take things too far."