The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

19 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:
Spoiler

Spook grumbled, but let what would happen... would happen.

As Thaidakar combatted the dragons and their riders, he grinned. This was what he knew... this was his life, this was where he excelled. Feanor fought with all his might, killing his enemies as best he could to give Platypus time to kill him like he'd told him. This would all work out, hopefully. Feanor laughed, striking a Desolation in the stomach, not the real one, as he soared through the air. 

And, yet, as he waged the battle, something in him knew that it would all be in vain.

--

In Platypus's mind, a feeling of anticipation built. A thought different than his own whispered, "Kill him!"

As Platypus yelled, Thaidakar turned to look at him.

In Thaidakar's eyes was a look of pure horror.

-- 

The Narrator cursed as the Mordite blade neared him. 

"No..." he whispered. 

Time seemed to slow from Thaidakar's eyes. He couldn't move his body, but his thoughts moved faster than lightning.

This was the end... he would never lay his eyes upon his children again. He would never get to talk to his friends. he would never get to fight. He would never get to make right the many wrongs he'd done.

Was he truly ready?

Something in him whispered that he was, but his heart groaned in the many wrongs he'd committed in his long life.

Was this where it ended? A dark blade entering him, wielded by a friend who would unintentionally bring about his own doom? It seemed so... Or, perhaps, was this just the beginning? Thaidakar found peace in that theory. Death, perhaps, was just the beginning of the next adventure. He grew more and more comfortable with the fact as time went on.

And, yet... this wasn't the end for all of them. This would affect all of them, every single one of them.

So he decided to show Platypus how to save them all.

--

Meanwhile, Mythos dug through the drawers in the secret chamber in the castle, looking for something. He cried, "Ahah!" Valaran pulled out a scroll from the drawer, unrolling it and looking through its contents.

What he found shocked him to the core.

He needed to find her instantly.

So, therefore, he rushed out of the castle, searching for a way to leave.

--

Thaidakar smiled softly, blue energy leaving his hands and going to Platypus in slow motion. It would reach just as the sword would plunge into his heart, Thaidakar knew. Hopefully it would be enough.

It would have to be.

--

Mythos dug into his pocket for the stone that had brought him to the castle. "Perfect..." whispered the Legender, knowing what was to come finally for once. He brought the stone to his lips and muttered a few choice words. He instantly disappeared in a burst of energy.

--

When Thaidakar died there was nothing special, at least, not at first. He looked right into Platypus's eyes and smiled softly and whispered, "I'm sorry..." as the blade plunged into his chest. A strangled gasp emerged from his throat as his body slumped to the ground like it usually would.

But then it became extraordinarily terrifying.

Darkness crackled across his body, growing from the Mordite blade.

The voice screamed in Platypus's and Desolation's ears, "YESSSS! YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!"

--

Mythos appeared with a scattering of sparks in the library, striding to Moni. He drew out the scroll, his eyes glowing with energy. "I am the Legender!" The words rippled through the room, sending books crashing into the floor. 

"You are the Moniker! The Named One! The Name! You will know what to do when the dust settles and the true war starts!"

--

Spook couldn't help but gasp when he saw Thaidakar's body begin to be consumed by the darkness. The corpse twitched, purple energy bursting like balloons in the sky, sending sparks cascading down. "What have we done?" he whispered, pure horror taking hold of him.

--

"Right now, the Herald of the Darkness has perished, the Creator of Gems along with him! They are one! They are Kar Von Kelsier, also known as Thaidakar Von Kelsier, Narrator and former God. 

"The Darkness is coming."

--

Suddenly, in Platypus's mind, a vision unfolded. 

It was the events that Mythos/Valaran had seen, except from someone else's perspective.

A man named Kar stood, watching as his son and a trusted associate left for the woods for a few years. He would miss Valaran, but it was a necessity that his son depart. He wished he could've stayed, but there was no other way to avoid what Eof and Brighton wanted for him.

Blip.

Kar stood, smiling as he shook a tall young man who's his son's hand. He hugged him whispering, "I'm so proud of you."

Blip.

Kar was a child, alone in a dark place on a dismally made bed, flies and worse bugs all around. He was weeping. "Mama? Dada?" he pleaded to the night, receiving no answer.

Suddenly, a kind voice whispered, "Hey, kid..."

"Who're you?" Kar asked, looking up, his crying stopping suddenly.

A young boy, a few years older than Kar, smiled, wiping away Kar's tears, "I'm Rond, nice to meet you. Can we be friends?"

Blip.

Kar was an adult again, sitting at a table, helping his son, Spook, with homework.

Blip.

Kar was clapping as his older son sat down on a throne, receiving his crown.

Blip.

Kar was fighting Platypus and laughing, though it wasn't a real fight. A mere game to him.

Blip.

Kar ran through a hall, dark beasts and characters everywhere. he screamed, "WHERE'S MY WIFE?"

Blip.

Kar was helping his son up off of the ground, chaos around them.

Blip.

He was a teenager, talking to a beautiful young girl.

Blip.

Adult Kar rushed into a room, leaving Spook by the door. A creature was over his wife, attacking her, her Narration blade was by the door, wilting. 

Blip.

He smiled as he and Zara helped Valaran walk for the first time.

Blip.

Kar grabbed Zara's Narration blade and stabbed the creature.

Blip.

Kar laughed with his family around him, waiting for the day when they could all grow old together.

Blip.

Kar screamed as the blade ripped through the creature, puncturing too deep. "You will not take away my future!" He yelled at the beast.

Blip.

He fought as hard as he could, trying to get his friend back in a graveyard from a dark creature.

Blip.

He was back in the room, ripping the body of the beast off of his wife and gasping.

Blip.

He was ascending to godhood in a different time, smiling while thinking about how much good he would do, despite what it would later turn out to be.

Blip.

Kar fell to the ground, holding his wife's body as he watched the beasts wounds kill her more and more. But... he noticed that the most fatal wound was one to her heart.

It wasn't made by the beast.

Blip.

Kar knelt, pulling out an old book of languages and flipping to his favorite one. He came to a word that he knew well, adding a word to his name. He would forever introduce himself as that and tell people to call him it.

Thaida meant murderer in a language no-one would know.

Thaida-Kar.

Kar the Murderer.

Blip.

Peace shifted in Platypus's mind, revealing a man now standing, reaching for Platypus's own hand in the present and pulling him towards him. "Platypus," Thaidakar said softly, "I need to tell you one thing before I leave."

--

Mythos said softly, "The Darkness is almost here. We will be doomed unless we act. Name, you must Unite The Blades of Plot and give them to the one who will need them. This is your duty, Moniker. You are one of those who will be either the salvation or the destruction of TLT as we know it. Eof is one of the Keepers of Time and knows how this will ned. You must not let the Darkness get to him, or it will be too late for all of us."

--

Thaidakar smiled softly, "Platypus... you are like a son to me. I wish I could tell you all that I know and teach you like I did my own two sons to the best of my abilities. I tried to do what was right, but failed. Do not make my mistakes. I tried to do what was right, even though it could never have worked. Do the same, my son. Please do better than I did. These coming days will be hard, especially on you, but you will need to be strong for them. They will look up to you for leadership and you will have to provide it. You can do this, Platypus.

"Remember who you are. Do not let Vengeance consume you." Thaidakar turned, starting to walk away into a blinding light. "Goodbye... my son." 

And the vision released Platypus.

--

And, so, Thaidakar's soul left besides this one thing that will happen between, but we'll pretend that already happened TLT, never to return, splintered beyond recognition.

A beam of purple and black energy struck Thaidakar's almost darkness consumed body. His eyes and mouth snapped open, beams of purple light emitting from every opening. His corpse began to rise into the air, power sparking around him and entering him. Platypus was thrown back by the energy, as was everyone else.

He snapped upright, eyes focusing into pure white, hair shifting in the air without any wind. The sky began to clear, the clouds and light leaving. He settled on the ground, Feanor's cloak rippling around him, his hood on his back. A voice that few new came from what had been Thaidakar's lips.

"I have Returned!"

--

Spook felt his blood run cold as he heard the creature's next words echo through TLT. 

"I am the Darkness! I am the Shadow that darkness the door of TLT! I am the one who quenches the Light in favor of the Darkness! I have returned and I shall Unite the Shadows into one! I killed my Author! I am my Author! Kneel before me or perish beneath my Fel-blade!" pronounced the Darkness. "Desolation! You have been a good companion and I will need your further service and alliance." 

Spook twitched, that voice... That monster controlled... Darkness... Unite the Shadows...

"I am free!" Darkness screamed with pure glee. "And... now to fracture the ancient deal." A giant sword, sorta like Nightblood, formed in his hands, pointing towards the sky. Power formed around him as he slammed it into the ground. Something snapped in TLT as everyone suddenly remembered what had happened so long ago in a Kingdom no-one had remembered with their king who'd been named Valaran, a religion focused on prophesies and Time Keepers, a sundering of their memories, previous lives... It all came back to them.

Spook fell to the ground as his memory changed in his head. "No..." he whispered, seeing it for the first time. "Thaidakar wasn't a bad man... He never killed..." 

Spook was wrong after all.

--

Far away from them, Micheal stood, looking down at a grave. It wasn't Lindy's or his son's grave... no, it was the grave that he'd wanted himself to be buried in when the time came. he raised a blade to his neck, closing his eyes. Thaidakar, the Narrator he'd admired, had killed his wife and son. He had nothing to live for. He couldn't figure this world out after all.

He took in a breath and- A firm hand gripped his wrist, moving the knife away from his throat. Micheal looked up, confusion evident in his eyes.

Shadow shook his head, "No, Micheal... That is not the way to go. That is not the way for anyone in this world and Beyond. And, besides..." Shadow adjusted the cuff of his suit, "I need you.

"We have a lot of work to do, my friend."

Gonna tag almost everyone that I can think of here so that y'all know what's going on.

@Nameless* @Being of Cacophony @Aeoryi @TheRavenHasLanded @Ancient Elantrian @shortcake @Sequence @xinoehp512 @Xiahida

":0" 
-Sequence

25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"That's Comprehension. We can trust them."

"Ok. Lets be off then. We need to find Mythos and Moni." He starts walking out of the area he found the Once-Author in.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

is this huge battle still going on?

nope! I already killed Thaidakar

7 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Ok. Lets be off then. We need to find Mythos and Moni." He starts walking out of the area he found the Once-Author in.

“Okay.” The once-author said, then followed Platypus.

15 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

oh yeah thats right. 

"cognition, where to now? i dont know the city too well, so youll have to guide me."

@Aeoryi

"The very top. There should be a workshop setup there."

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

oh yeah thats right. 

"cognition, where to now? i dont know the city too well, so youll have to guide me."

@Aeoryi

17 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Okay."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"alright, fine" he taps into something, sees a string, and grabs it. it pulls him and cognition up to the tower.

Rirrom stands at the top of the tower, and without looking behind asks, "Why are you here?"

Just now, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible walked over, leafing through a book he'd found. "This should help. It contains comprehensive explanations on the physiology and soul composition of Inklings."

"Mostly theoretical. I could explain the inkling's aspects much better than the book."

23 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Okay.” The once-author said, then followed Platypus.

12 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"The very top. There should be a workshop setup there."

"Okay."

"MYTHOS! MONI! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He yells at the top of his lungs. "Hacob," he says, turning towards his Avatar. "Would you go find Moni? I'm going to find Mythos." He turns to Comprehension. "And you, can you explain the physiology of Desolation? And possible weaknesses?"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"MYTHOS! MONI! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He yells at the top of his lungs. "Hacob," he says, turning towards his Avatar. "Would you go find Moni? I'm going to find Mythos." He turns to Comprehension. "And you, can you explain the physiology of Desolation? And possible weaknesses?"

“Who should I go help find?” The Once-Author asked.

13 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless shook his head. "Even if I would have stopped you, I would've stopped Darkness too with or without your help. But I don't want to argue. You already know most of the points I'd make. I miss TLT too. I won't leave this place to return to it, not again, but... well, I don't think my Author's quite done with me yet. I've seen some of his plans, and if they end up happening... we'll have to see."

Edit: oops- ima add the text

"You might have. But in the process you would've ruined what I'd have built up," Thaidakar said, "or so I thought. I will not leave to return their either and- wait, did you say this was the World of Dreams?"

"He says that he's not afraid of you, and to be careful not to take things too far."

Darkness nodded, "Noted. Now, run along, child, the grownups have things to do." And, with that, Darkness turned to a shimmering patch of energy in the air and started discussing animatedly about the economics of Mordite.

35 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Mythos was still in the library looking at the prophesy.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
forgot some things and had to edit things in to make sense.

13 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Really? Huh. Do you know how to tell where the core of an Inkling's being is linked to their physical form?

"An inkling has a fluid core- meaning you either have to remove all of an inkling at once, which is not impossible, but very difficult, considering most Inklings have backup pools. You have to find a workaround."

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"The only way to defeat Desolation would be to attack his mind. Without his mind, without direction, he cannot use his power, and he will become an ordinary puddle of goop, which you can then destroy."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Who should I go help find?” The Once-Author asked.

"You'll be with me. Watch this and see if you can replicate it." Platypus twists through reality and appears next to Mythos. "Mythos. Legender. Darkness has returned. Thaidakar has tasked me with defeating Darkness and I believe I will need your help."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"An inkling has a fluid core- meaning you either have to remove all of an inkling at once, which is not impossible, but very difficult, considering most Inklings have backup pools. You have to find a workaround."

"Yes, which this book has found. See here?" Unintelligible showed a diagram. "If you used an energy field of this design, you could temporarily compress the Inkling's core into a solidified mass located at the epitome of the field."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"You'll be with me. Watch this and see if you can replicate it." Platypus twists through reality and appears next to Mythos. "Mythos. Legender. Darkness has returned. Thaidakar has tasked me with defeating Darkness and I believe I will need your help."

@Nameless* look at the edit of my last post.

Mythos turned, his lips pressed into a line, "I know. The Darkness has come and we are not ready... And, besides, if you need my help, than you are in desperate straights indeed. I'm just that one guy who barely knew anything about himself one moment and the next he's suddenly the Legend of prophesy and the former king of an ancient kingdom that absolutely no one remembered till yesterday. Platypus, I'll give you the ancient prophesies and what they say to do, but... Foe did something when they died that changed a prophesy fundamentally. anything seems to be subject to change... Do you know what that means, Platypus?" Mythos asked, looking right at him, "Everything we've ever known, everything the Time Keepers ever knew, it could all be wrong and this conflict could go anyway. This could end in any of us dying and any of us surviving. Anything could happen, Platypus, and that scares me."