The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"You might have. But in the process you would've ruined what I'd have built up," Thaidakar said, "or so I thought. I will not leave to return their either and- wait, did you say this was the World of Dreams?"

"Yes, of course it's the World of Dreams. Were else would we be? It's the afterlife."

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Darkness nodded, "Noted. Now, run along, child, the grownups have things to do." And, with that, Darkness turned to a shimmering patch of energy in the air and started discussing animatedly about the economics of Mordite.

Moni raised an eyebrow. "You're not very intimidating. You know that, right?"

6 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"You'll be with me. Watch this and see if you can replicate it." Platypus twists through reality and appears next to Mythos. "Mythos. Legender. Darkness has returned. Thaidakar has tasked me with defeating Darkness and I believe I will need your help."

The Once-Author paused, thought for a moment, then twisted himself through reality until he reached Mythos with Platypus.

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Yes, of course it's the World of Dreams. Were else would we be? It's the afterlife."

"Nameless... the World of Dreams isn't the afterlife. Not that I know of, at least..." Thaidakar said, pacing now, getting excited. "This place... this is where we go when we die, yes, but it is not the final destination. Far from it, actually... I never made it there, but... if I can..." He shook his head, "and, besides, if this was the afterlife, I would be a bunch of splintered soul pieces scattered everywhere. This can't be the afterlife. Just an in between."

Just now, Nameless* said:

Moni raised an eyebrow. "You're not very intimidating. You know that, right?"

"Yes, well..." said Darkness, looking back at Moni. "I haven't had much practice lately... and, besides, I still only have roughly a quarter of my powers and personality in tact. Thankfully I have my skill intact... I also happen to be a scholar, not just a world dominating force, so pardon me if I want to talk about something that has emerged since my long years of being captured."

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes, which this book has found. See here?" Unintelligible showed a diagram. "If you used an energy field of this design, you could temporarily compress the Inkling's core into a solidified mass located at the epitome of the field."

"It depends on the inkling archetype, but generally, that would work. Most inklings already are defended from that."

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor just stands there, waiting, while hearing the chaos of whatever is happening below.

"How to destroy an inkling in 3 basic steps, that's what's happening."

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Nameless... the World of Dreams isn't the afterlife. Not that I know of, at least..." Thaidakar said, pacing now, getting excited. "This place... this is where we go when we die, yes, but it is not the final destination. Far from it, actually... I never made it there, but... if I can..." He shook his head, "and, besides, if this was the afterlife, I would be a bunch of splintered soul pieces scattered everywhere. This can't be the afterlife. Just an in between."

Nameless laughed. "Maybe your Author doesn't want this to be the afterlife for you, but it is for me. As for why your soul isn't splintered, that's simple. This is a place of dreams and memories. Here, you are as you were when you lived."

10 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Yes, well..." said Darkness, looking back at Moni. "I haven't had much practice lately... and, besides, I still only have roughly a quarter of my powers and personality in tact. Thankfully I have my skill intact... I also happen to be a scholar, not just a world dominating force, so pardon me if I want to talk about something that has emerged since my long years of being captured."

"Since the-okay, sure. I guess Mordite has been in circulation a bit more recently. Still, I thought you'd be all scary, ranting about your infinite power and how you're going to destroye TLT forever. Didn't think you'd be a boring guy who wants to talk about Mordite prices."

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"so i scream, then someone else whacks him?"

"Exactly. My guns should do the trick."

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless laughed. "Maybe your Author doesn't want this to be the afterlife for you, but it is for me. As for why your soul isn't splintered, that's simple. This is a place of dreams and memories. Here, you are as you were when you lived."

Thaidakar shrugged, "I suppose so, then... I assume that I'll be moving on to what my Author has planned sometime... I don't know, exactly..."

8 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Since the-okay, sure. I guess Mordite has been in circulation a bit more recently. Still, I thought you'd be all scary, ranting about your infinite power and how you're going to destroye TLT forever. Didn't think you'd be a boring guy who wants to talk about Mordite prices."

"I'll get to that eventually," Darkness said, "Though, I can rip your arm off if that would be more to your liking..."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar shrugged, "I suppose so, then... I assume that I'll be moving on to what my Author has planned sometime... I don't know, exactly..."

“You’re probably already there. If this isn’t the afterlife for you, then this you that I’m talking to is just a memory. Your soul will have gone somewhere else.”

Moni shrugged. “I like my arm. You aren’t going to try and kill me, steal my Author’s power, monologue about your perfect plan, or anything like that?”

26 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"he was technically still alive then tho. also, yeah, desolation is the easier target. him first"

"I don't think Desolation and Darkness are even connected." Cognition determined, "But they most certainly are aligned. If Desolation is struggling, we can expect darkness to show up."

53 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"An inkling has a fluid core- meaning you either have to remove all of an inkling at once, which is not impossible, but very difficult, considering most Inklings have backup pools. You have to find a workaround."

"The only way to defeat Desolation would be to attack his mind. Without his mind, without direction, he cannot use his power, and he will become an ordinary puddle of goop, which you can then destroy."

47 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

@Nameless* look at the edit of my last post.

Mythos turned, his lips pressed into a line, "I know. The Darkness has come and we are not ready... And, besides, if you need my help, than you are in desperate straights indeed. I'm just that one guy who barely knew anything about himself one moment and the next he's suddenly the Legend of prophesy and the former king of an ancient kingdom that absolutely no one remembered till yesterday. Platypus, I'll give you the ancient prophesies and what they say to do, but... Foe did something when they died that changed a prophesy fundamentally. anything seems to be subject to change... Do you know what that means, Platypus?" Mythos asked, looking right at him, "Everything we've ever known, everything the Time Keepers ever knew, it could all be wrong and this conflict could go anyway. This could end in any of us dying and any of us surviving. Anything could happen, Platypus, and that scares me."

46 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author paused, thought for a moment, then twisted himself through reality until he reached Mythos with Platypus.

"Ok Comprehension. Thank you. Mythos, meet Comprehension, an Inkling that is supposedly trying to kill Desolation, and The Once-Author, an Author whose character took his place." Platypus paced the room. "Mythos, I was afraid you'd say something like that. Eof said similar things. But I'm going to go by the prophecy, because I don't know what else I can do. You are the Legend. Moni is the Name. I am the Avenger, or the Great Warrior is what Eof said. We need to find the other parts, but I don't know who they are. So let's get to work."