The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Narrators aren't all horrible people," Mythos said dryly. "My mother was one, and she was one of the greatest people I ever knew."

@Nameless* @Aeoryi

"That's what they want you to think. I've seen narrators kill inklings for no reason. Every time we trust them, it always happens."

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Sounds like you've met the knock-offs."

"We were visited many many times. Thaidakar might have even visited us. But each time, it is worse."

18 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

“Sounds like you’ve just never run into any decent narrators.”

"We were once visited by a narrator, the one who made us. He succumbed to corruption a few days later regardless."

7 hours ago, Nameless* said:

“Oh, the feeling will not be mutual.” Moni turned around and vanished.

Moni appeared next to the group. “Ah, here you are Platypus. Have any plans to defeat Darkness?”

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"I've never met him. For good reason." Cognition's voice lowered to a whisper, "The inklings used to tell stories about narrators. The worst one, the tale of the world ender, is Platypus. All inklings have been hiding from people like him."

How would they have even heard of me? I haven't been around for too long, and haven't done too much while there?

26 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Well maybe you actively corrupt narrators that visit you. Did you think about that?"

Platypus stood off to the side next to Mythos. "Thanks for the defense Unintelligible. And you, Inkling, I am not known for killing people. I killed Thaid cause he told me to."

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

How would they have even heard of me? I haven't been around for too long, and haven't done too much while there?

Platypus stood off to the side next to Mythos. "Thanks for the defense Unintelligible. And you, Inkling, I am not known for killing people. I killed Thaid cause he told me to."

"Yes..." Mythos said faintly. "That sounds like Kar, doesn't it?" 

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Yes..." Mythos said faintly. "That sounds like Kar, doesn't it?" 

"I think his plan was to prevent Darkness from coming back. There was a voice, probably Darkness, that was very eager when I killed him."

Are you going to tell me what you thought would fit so well, or are you going to make Mythos reveal it? Or are you going to make me go read the giant post and figure it out.

32 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I think his plan was to prevent Darkness from coming back. There was a voice, probably Darkness, that was very eager when I killed him."

"Yes, that was his plan. It didn't work, obviously. So, you guys are planning to kill Desolation?"

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes, that was his plan. It didn't work, obviously. So, you guys are planning to kill Desolation?"

"Well, we've been planning to kill Darkness, but we could probably pivot to Desolation. I'd rather focus on Darkness now though." Vengenace starts glowing from where it's hanging on his belt. Then it stops as Platypus visibly forces himself to relax.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well, we've been planning to kill Darkness, but we could probably pivot to Desolation. I'd rather focus on Darkness now though." Vengenace starts glowing from where it's hanging on his belt. Then it stops as Platypus visibly forces himself to relax.

Moni frowned. "Stopping Darkness will be tricky. We can't rely on the method that the prophecy advised."

"You say that. What you forget is that I was partially the cause of the Unity shattering. I might be able to reverse it with Rirrom's help."

"And what's your plan to get all the pieces? Look, I've seen a prophecy that explicitly said Unity could not be repaired."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Do what? Fight him? I've got Endings. You have Vengeance. He admitted to me that he's weakened right now, that he hasn't regained his full strength yet. There's still plenty of chance to stop him."

"You seem to be forgetting Desolation, who serves him. And sure, I've got Vengeance, but I'm trying to avoid using it. Thaid warned me of things that I'd rather not talk about."

11 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Are you going to tell me what you thought would fit so well, or are you going to make Mythos reveal it? Or are you going to make me go read the giant post and figure it out.

XD 

He's realized something that I'll have him say if Platypus asks about it.

"Sounds like Brighton," Mythos said softly. "He's far more powerful than you realize. I've known him all my life and never before has he been the type to sit down and let others plot his demise. He's trying to make us underestimate him, that's my bet."

@Nameless*

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

XD 

He's realized something that I'll have him say if Platypus asks about it.

"Sounds like Brighton," Mythos said softly. "He's far more powerful than you realize. I've known him all my life and never before has he been the type to sit down and let others plot his demise. He's trying to make us underestimate him, that's my bet."

@Nameless*

"Hey, Mythos. You said something was interesting right before we came here. What was that?"

"You seem to be forgetting Desolation, who serves him. And sure, I've got Vengeance, but I'm trying to avoid using it. Thaid warned me of things that I'd rather not talk about."

"All right. So we take down Desolation first." Moni closed her eyes, gripping the hilt of her dagger with white-knuckled fingers. "I just... this has to End soon. I can't... I'm just so tired of it. I know the enemy is probably stronger than we realize, but we shouldn't waste our time on some impossible hope."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"All right. So we take down Desolation first." Moni closed her eyes, gripping the hilt of her dagger with white-knuckled fingers. "I just... this has to End soon. I can't... I'm just so tired of it. I know the enemy is probably stronger than we realize, but we shouldn't waste our time on some impossible hope."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"I still don't think we'd even need all the pieces. Besides, how hard could it be to get them back? I could vanquish the beast, I gave it power so we are linked, I can take the power away. Bookwyrm, or maybe Rym has the other piece."