The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"Hey, Mythos. You said something was interesting right before we came here. What was that?"

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"All right. So we take down Desolation first." Moni closed her eyes, gripping the hilt of her dagger with white-knuckled fingers. "I just... this has to End soon. I can't... I'm just so tired of it. I know the enemy is probably stronger than we realize, but we shouldn't waste our time on some impossible hope."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Mythos laughed, "Well... you know what Foe did in basically rewriting the prophesies?" Mythos asked with a grin on his face. "I think, given enough time, I could replicate it and make it possible to change the future by changing the prophesies. Or we could guide the future in different ways, which is what I find more likely. Foe probably just saw the future and guided TLT in the direction he wanted, thus forcing the prophesies to change to match the specific avenue Foe chose. I need to test my hypothesis sometime."

"and, Moni," Mythos turned to her, "Desolation should be our first target, if to get practice to defeat the bigger threat. I'm far more worried about Darkness than Desolation, however."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos laughed, "Well... you know what Foe did in basically rewriting the prophesies?" Mythos asked with a grin on his face. "I think, given enough time, I could replicate it and make it possible to change the future by changing the prophesies. Or we could guide the future in different ways, which is what I find more likely. Foe probably just saw the future and guided TLT in the direction he wanted, thus forcing the prophesies to change to match the specific avenue Foe chose. I need to test my hypothesis sometime."

"and, Moni," Mythos turned to her, "Desolation should be our first target, if to get practice to defeat the bigger threat. I'm far more worried about Darkness than Desolation, however."

how does that work so well... I'm concerned for what title you're talking about for Platypus. Unless the timing was unrelated.

"So we could change the prophecy to remake Unity?"

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I still don't think we'd even need all the pieces. Besides, how hard could it be to get them back? I could vanquish the beast, I gave it power so we are linked, I can take the power away. Bookwyrm, or maybe Rym has the other piece."

"We don't know where the beast is. And besides that, we don't even know how to connect them, or if reconnecting them is even possible."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Agreed. We need to stop Desolation. He's the immediate threat right now, and he'll interfere with whatever plans we try to make.

19 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Fight Darkness, stop his plans. Gather allies, and look for another way."

I am an ally. Let me help. But for me to help, I will need a weapon this one suffices but I may try to get to the dreamsmith for a perfect weapon. Will anyone come with me?

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Just now, Nameless* said:

"We don't know where the beast is. And besides that, we don't even know how to connect them, or if reconnecting them is even possible."

"Agreed. We need to stop Desolation. He's the immediate threat right now, and he'll interfere with whatever plans we try to make.

"I'm still Connected to it, I don't need to find it. And Vengeance has a... tracking system you could say? It can weakly sense a Plotblade when it is in the area, like Endings. Comes with being the chief Plotblade. That's how I can tell if my foes have Plotblades. So I could visit where it once was, see if I can find him. Use some plot manipulation."

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I am an ally. Let me help. But for me to help, I will need a weapon this one suffices but I may try to get to the dreammaker for a perfect weapon. Will anyone come with me?

Unintelligible looked up. "The Dreamsmith? Oh, I can help with that."

"I'm still Connected to it, I don't need to find it. And Vengeance has a... tracking system you could say? It can weakly sense a Plotblade when it is in the area, like Endings. Comes with being the chief Plotblade. That's how I can tell if my foes have Plotblades. So I could visit where it once was, see if I can find him. Use some plot manipulation."

"I guess you could try but... I don't know. Maybe Subversion knows more."

Unintelligible looked up. "The Dreamsmith? Oh, I can help with that."

"I guess you could try but... I don't know. Maybe Subversion knows more."

"I'm mad at her right now. More mad than I've been in a while. I could maybe talk to her, but I'm not going to her for help."

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

What do you know?

"I got these from him." A pair of revolved appeared in Unintelligible's hands. "I needed a weapon, so I went on a quest, ended up finding my way to his forge."

"Then you can ask her. I won't."

"I can try." Moni shrugged. "She stays away from me though. I think she doesn't want to end up like Nameless."

"I got these from him." A pair of revolved appeared in Unintelligible's hands. "I needed a weapon, so I went on a quest, ended up finding my way to his forge."

"I can try." Moni shrugged. "She stays away from me though. I think she doesn't want to end up like Nameless."

"We're not a big fan of each other either. Anything else I should know before I go look for the beast?"

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

how does that work so well... I'm concerned for what title you're talking about for Platypus. Unless the timing was unrelated.

"I believe so, Platypus," said Mythos. he turned to Moni again, "He is. Desolation is a more frontal attack on us and should therefore be dealt with first."

*Shrug* maybe unifier? We'll see...

5 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I believe so, Platypus," said Mythos. he turned to Moni again, "He is. Desolation is a more frontal attack on us and should therefore be dealt with first."

"Stopping him will be tricky, with his powers. Narrators are almost useless against him. You saw what he did to Thaidakar."

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'm always prepared to fail. It doesn't happen very often though."

"Just be careful. That monster is dangerous."

I guess I should explain this a bit more. The reason I made the Foe prophecy was because I don't like the idea of uniting all the Plotblades. If that ever does end up happening, it shouldn't make a powerful weapon, it should bring back Plot, a being who now hates all narrators even more because they killed him. Beyond that, I just like the Plotblades. They're a cool story element that make for interesting interactions given their unique powers and combining them all into one super-weapon, even if it did get split up again, would just take away from their impact, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I think I know where he is. I… saw it during a glimpse in the future.

"Getting to the Dreamsmith is easy. The hard part is being ready to find him."

Goodnight all.

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Stopping him will be tricky, with his powers. Narrators are almost useless against him. You saw what he did to Thaidakar."

I guess I should explain this a bit more. The reason I made the Foe prophecy was because I don't like the idea of uniting all the Plotblades. If that ever does end up happening, it shouldn't make a powerful weapon, it should bring back Plot, a being who now hates all narrators even more because they killed him. Beyond that, I just like the Plotblades. They're a cool story element that make for interesting interactions given their unique powers and combining them all into one super-weapon, even if it did get split up again, would just take away from their impact, in my opinion.

Goodnight all.

I get that... I agree in part, though I do think Plot should be brought back... eventually. Not yet. Not for a good long while when we've run out of antagonists. 

And, besides, when I said Platypus's title could be the Unifier, I was thinking of something altogether different than the Plotblades.

ima go sleep.

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Goodnight all.

oh yeah, I don't plan to put them together :P I like having Vengeance! i just want Platypus to be alone so he can brood and stew in his emotions. Have you noticed he's been a little snappier? If not, oops. It's only gonna get worse...

Platypus opened a warp-hole and stepped into a desert, the desert where the monster had been.

G'night ya'll

Edited by Being of Cacophony

50 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"All right. So we take down Desolation first." Moni closed her eyes, gripping the hilt of her dagger with white-knuckled fingers. "I just... this has to End soon. I can't... I'm just so tired of it. I know the enemy is probably stronger than we realize, but we shouldn't waste our time on some impossible hope."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Cognition looked at Moni. "I can try and fix him. It might work, and it might give us insight into Darkness' plans. But if it fails..." 

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"You say that. What you forget is that I was partially the cause of the Unity shattering. I might be able to reverse it with Rirrom's help."

Rirrom can do this with only one piece, but he needs to know how they fit together and know what plotblades there are.

Oh, and btw, Cognition stole Abalador's Miracle plotblade since he wasn't using it. You might find out why later.

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition looked at Moni. "I can try and fix him. It might work, and it might give us insight into Darkness' plans. But if it fails..." 

Rirrom can do this with only one piece, but he needs to know how they fit together and know what plotblades there are.

Oh, and btw, Cognition stole Abalador's Miracle plotblade since he wasn't using it. You might find out why later.

Platypus isn't going to find Unity

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus isn't going to find Unity

of course not. 

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

A title for Desolation is: Artist Unborn. Rirrom would be: Flow invader, Title for Cognition is: Understanding Afterthought

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Please explain.

"You need the Materials," Cognition explained, reading off of Unintelligable's mind, "And probably a cost. Desolation is bound to attack you on your journey so prepare wisely. I will come with you. Bring Oredinaerie Nohrmaul blade."

4 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Well maybe you actively corrupt narrators that visit you. Did you think about that?"

FORGOT TO ADRESS QUESTIONS: 

"Maybe, but it is well known that weilding plot for a long time rots the user. A sort of plot-decay, in a sense."

3 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

How would they have even heard of me? I haven't been around for too long, and haven't done too much while there?

Platypus stood off to the side next to Mythos. "Thanks for the defense Unintelligible. And you, Inkling, I am not known for killing people. I killed Thaid cause he told me to."

Inklings have been watching for ages. They're completely worried about someone ruining their entire civilation with narration or being Narrated out of existance.

"All Narrators kill eventually. It is much more true than I am to myself." Cognition answered bleakly, "And besides, Desolation hasn't actually killed anyone yet. No inkling, not even desolation, has ever killed a narrator. In our culture you are known as Platypus, god of animalistic death. Thaidakar is known as the god of Parenthood and detachment. Rirrom was the God of unborn, Monkier is the god of Hatred, Nameless was the god overseer, He Who Must Not Be Named. All Narrators are either corrupt or on the path to corrption, and our fables and stories did not do the folly of yours; forgetting them. Do I hate Narrators? No. But I most certainly don't expect to live for very long surrounded by Killers. After all, one of your kind once brought Foreshadowing, and through that, created Desolation. It was a prophecy of our hope, leading to a future of Despair and Dissonance. So technecially, your kind created Desolation. And you, as the kin of them, must deal with the consequences."

Cognition pointedly stared at Platypus. Moni was pretty good, but Platypus was exactly as they had portrayed him.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus looked over. "Spook, Ene is here!"

He grins and waves.

"Hi Ene, I don't think we've met, but I'm Platypus, the Narrator of the one you know as Cacophony."

Ene did a quick bow. "Hi there! I'm a Narrator, but it may have taken me a second to remember the difference between us and Authors." He made an embarrassed face, then shrugged. "Though I suppose my Author tends to have the same name, these days!" 

47 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"You need the Materials," Cognition explained, reading off of Unintelligable's mind, "And probably a cost. Desolation is bound to attack you on your journey so prepare wisely. I will come with you. Bring Oredinaerie Nohrmaul blade."

I will. but on e thing. It might be prejudice, but every inkling we have come across has been evil or bet to betray. I am not saying that you are like them, but how do I know you are not?