The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

4 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I will. but on e thing. It might be prejudice, but every inkling we have come across has been evil or bet to betray. I am not saying that you are like them, but how do I know you are not?

Cognition's ribbon form flicked at Falvan, and instantly all he felt was True Understanding. A desire for mental freedom, a thinking thought. The mind's cultivation and autonomy, so to speak, while also maintaining inner balance. 

Cognition didn't stop there. She also sent a memory to Falvan, one far more important to her than any else.

Thousands of Inklings were in the crowd alongside Cognition. Tons of vibrant and pulsing colors all clumped inside, with one Inkling speaking. 

"We have Chosen Cognition to represent the Inklings and stop the Unborn Inspiration [Desolation]. This was because of her skills, and her knowledge."

Cognition was practically crying at this point.

Cognition looked falvan directly in the eyes, which was a little bit hard because of her height, but she prevailed.

"There's your proof. Before you say that's a fabricated memory, You should know that I cannot create that. The emotion I shared with you was the only emotion I can feel."

those days of chosing were particularily hard for Cognition. But a mind must keep its secrets.

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene did a quick bow. "Hi there! I'm a Narrator, but it may have taken me a second to remember the difference between us and Authors." He made an embarrassed face, then shrugged. "Though I suppose my Author tends to have the same name, these days!" 

"Hey Ene! What are you doing in this desert?" Platypus starts walking, searching for the beast.

10 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Please explain.

10 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"You need the Materials," Cognition explained, reading off of Unintelligable's mind, "And probably a cost. Desolation is bound to attack you on your journey so prepare wisely. I will come with you. Bring Oredinaerie Nohrmaul blade."

Unintelligible snorted. "Please don't try to read my mind Cognition. I will take countermeasures. Falvan, you will find the Dreamsmith when you decide you are ready to. You do not need to find any materials; He will make the weapon from your soul. But be sure that you are ready, for if you are not, the weapon you receive will reflect that."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"what does all the representitive stuff mean? im interested, and if im gonna have you connected to me, im gonna want to know."

What Do you mean?

"Cognition means the ability to think. Is that what you mean?"

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible snorted. "Please don't try to read my mind Cognition. I will take countermeasures. Falvan, you will find the Dreamsmith when you decide you are ready to. You do not need to find any materials; He will make the weapon from your soul. But be sure that you are ready, for if you are not, the weapon you receive will reflect that."

"You weren't responding, I assumed it was okay."

Platypus walked across the desert, sun beating down on him. It was hot, but it was nothing compared to the mass of scorching emotions tangled up in him. Guilt, shame, helplessness, self-doubt, he didn't know how many more. He was burning up. Thaidakar had called him son, but he would be more like the sun. Heating up then expiring in one final burst of energy. (leave me alone, I know that’s not how the sun works.) 

What makes you think you can beat him now? a voice in his head asked him. “You couldn’t stop him before, and he’ll only be stronger.”

“Stop,” he said out loud, only the sands around to hear him. “You’re better than this. How many wars did you stop, how many people did you save?”

“Oh, but you failed to save the one that truly mattered to you. Both times the occasion occurred, you failed?”

Enough. Platypus stopped thinking about that and wondered where he’d find the monster.

-

Eventually Platypus stumbled across a town. It was abandoned, a ghost town by the looks of it, but perhaps it could be useful. There would probably be a well, and he could always use some water. He sighed, wondering, not for the first time, and certainly not the last, what would have happened if he hadn’t killed Thaidakar. “Desolation would have done it anyway,” he told himself. “Or am I just trying to comfort myself?”

-

Platypus walked across the desert, searching for a monster, or the Blade, or something, anything! He couldn’t find anything. Finally, he came back to the others.

“You were right Moni. Happy now? I couldn’t find it. I felt a Plotblade, but it wasn't Unity. I think it was something like Beginnings, but it could easily have been Trauma, or even Endings if I didn't know you had that one."

@Nameless*

Edited by Being of Cacophony

33 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

What Do you mean?

"Cognition means the ability to think. Is that what you mean?"

"You weren't responding, I assumed it was okay."

"what does being the representative mean? i dont understand. did i unintentionally get with a temporary leader?"

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“You were right Moni. Happy now? I couldn’t find it. I felt a Plotblade, but it wasn't Unity. I think it was something like Beginnings, but it could easily have been Trauma, or even Endings if I didn't know you had that one."

Moni nodded. "We'll have to find another way to stop Darkness then. But Desolation first. Can the Inklings help with that?"

@Aeoryi

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni nodded. "We'll have to find another way to stop Darkness then. But Desolation first. Can the Inklings help with that?"

@Aeoryi

"Comprehension told me something about a weakness of Desolation. But I still don't know if that's..."

He spins and an edge enters his voice.

"What are you two even doing here?" he snaps at the Inklings. "Are you going to try to conquer the world after we get Darkness and Desolation out of the way? Why should we trust you?"

@Aeoryi