The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author tried narrating again. And it didn’t work. Again. These barriers are so annoying. He thought to himself. 

Desolation laughed at him.

@nameless @Nameless*

53 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Darkness is not in debt to Desolation. The Dreamsmith will be ok. You're attempt at provoking me won't work, I'm already feeling too much."

EDIT: this happened before you left

"I don't care you are all still terrible people."

16 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolation laughed at him.

@nameless @Nameless*

"I don't care you are all still terrible people."

that happened like 4 pages ago, right before you left.

Platypus wandered off, searching for... something. He didn't dare even think what it was, Darkness might hear of it.

49 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Cognition is connected to Abaldor, that doesn't mean that they're in the same place. Abaldor didn't pass the trial, so he can't be there is my understanding. I'll defer to @Nameless* if he says otherwise.

it should be noted that Cognition is just as connected to platypus or falvan in that, and Cognition should be counted as seperate (just like desolation was; he was technically connected to Subversion or the once-author)

16 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

it should be noted that Cognition is just as connected to platypus or falvan in that, and Cognition should be counted as seperate (just like desolation was; he was technically connected to Subversion or the once-author)

when did that happen? Cause Platypus wouldn't let that happen, especially considering what he's feeling right now, the guilt and distrust, and self-loathing, he wouldn't let someone Connect to him. 

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

when did that happen? Cause Platypus wouldn't let that happen, especially considering what he's feeling right now, the guilt and distrust, and self-loathing, he wouldn't let someone Connect to him. 

Its more of an automatic connection than an actual full connection. But still, it exists nonetheless. Neither platypus nor Cognition are probably aware of it.

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Its more of an automatic connection than an actual full connection. But still, it exists nonetheless. Neither platypus nor Cognition are probably aware of it.

it wouldn't have formed with his mind on lockdown, and before that it wouldn't have formed. Platypus is very aware of connections to him and cancels most. Cognition is not connected to him.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

it wouldn't have formed with his mind on lockdown, and before that it wouldn't have formed. Platypus is very aware of connections to him and cancels most. Cognition is not connected to him.

Oh, you would never understand. Cognition does have Platypus' connection. Read through their first encounter and you will learn. But Cognition can't do anything with it, and probably won't do it out of fear

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Oh, you would never understand. Cognition does have Platypus' connection. Read through their first encounter and you will learn. But Cognition can't do anything with it, and probably won't do it out of fear

i would never understand:huh: was that needed? but seriously, they aren't connected. You can't form a connection to platypus without him approving it, that's why i made him relatively weak in Narration and some other things. He has obviously gotten better as he's gotten older, but he still isn't as skilled at Narrating as someone like Nameless or Thaidakar, nor as good at illusions as Subversion. His mental and physical security are pretty much invulnerable, she simply could not connect.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

i would never understand:huh: was that needed? but seriously, they aren't connected. You can't form a connection to platypus without him approving it, that's why i made him relatively weak in Narration and some other things. He has obviously gotten better as he's gotten older, but he still isn't as skilled at Narrating as someone like Nameless or Thaidakar, nor as good at illusions as Subversion. His mental and physical security are pretty much invulnerable, she simply could not connect.

It may be noted that she didn't even try; Fear of platypus is already changing her decisions. I think cognition might have some cool stuff going on but the current path for her is her trying to get Desolation's secrets out of him before he gets killed. And if she does, its gonna get bloody. Alternatively, she can also do what she's trying to do now. Which does involve her going to the dreamsmith, as she was given a "fair chance if other inklings come" probably.

Either way, platypus isn't really gonna be big in cognition's plans, so don't expect that connection to ever be important. Cognition is likely to try and distract or get rid of Platypus. I don't really know if there is a connection but its up to you I guess

8 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

It may be noted that she didn't even try; Fear of platypus is already changing her decisions. I think cognition might have some cool stuff going on but the current path for her is her trying to get Desolation's secrets out of him before he gets killed. And if she does, its gonna get bloody. Alternatively, she can also do what she's trying to do now. Which does involve her going to the dreamsmith, as she was given a "fair chance if other inklings come" probably.

Either way, platypus isn't really gonna be big in cognition's plans, so don't expect that connection to ever be important. Cognition is likely to try and distract or get rid of Platypus. I don't really know if there is a connection but its up to you I guess

im guessing abalodor is sllightly more important here?

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

im guessing abalodor is sllightly more important here?

Not anymore. Cognition's plans don't necessarily have Abalodor in them, but he is certainly a beneficial happenstance. Besides, you are all missing some serious foreshadowing that's been done. It could be obvious what Cognition's next steps are.