The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i am completely blind to that, im not sure what its going to do, my guess is get a blade or something.

incorrect on both, but Cognition's plans should be predictable since it doesn't rely on new unseen powers

Cognition will probably want something similar to desolation but more "Cognition-like" if thats an option

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i am completely blind to that, im not sure what its going to do, my guess is get a blade or something.

also, i made abalodor as someone who could convince anyone to do something, one way or another.

I made resolution to showcase what Desolation could do, but couldn't, and Desolation was made to showcase what other inklings could do, as well as explain how Inklings and narration interact. Beyond that, cognition exists to do something that probably won't happen soon. its an arc.

Abalodor would have a hard time convincing Cognition of something because of the severity of the mental barriers and defenses set against that (A countermeasure against Desolation's Corruption). But cognition is inclined to belive him anyways.

that makes sense

abalodor walked over to the dreamsmith. "it is with great respect i kneel to you. however, if desolation and darkness have their way, i will no longer have knees to kneel to you on"

playing his pride first

@Nameless*

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

that makes sense

Anyways, 

Back in Urithiru, Rirrom discovered some mind breaking stuff. Desolation's true weakness. 

By reverse-engineering Plot-development, he created something spectacular. Plot-significance. It could shear away a character, deeming them unworthy of a main arc, just by slicing them. It was brilliant. He just needed to find Platypus. 

Rirrom tried to use narration to send some kind of signal to platypus, detectable, and tried to tell him to go to Urithiru.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Anyways, 

Back in Urithiru, Rirrom discovered some mind breaking stuff. Desolation's true weakness. 

By reverse-engineering Plot-development, he created something spectacular. Plot-significance. It could shear away a character, deeming them unworthy of a main arc, just by slicing them. It was brilliant. He just needed to find Platypus. 

Rirrom tried to use narration to send some kind of signal to platypus, detectable, and tried to tell him to go to Urithiru.

A man walked in the halls of Urithiru. He came out right behind Rirrom. “You look worried” He said. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

36 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

A man walked in the halls of Urithiru. He came out right behind Rirrom. “You look worried” He said. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

Rirrom glanced over his shoulder, then spoke, "The effects of Side character have been eating at my soul. I don't even know if the blade will work on an inkling."

On 9/16/2023 at 10:56 AM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan readily walk forward through the darkness. On alert if anything came at him, but not afraid.

The room brightened to reveal Desolation, a smile on the Inkling's face as he stared at something on the ground in front of him.

22 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Yes, I do.

The rest of the group disappeared, leaving Cognition alone. In the darkness, footsteps sounded.

10 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor walked over to the dreamsmith. "it is with great respect i kneel to you. however, if desolation and darkness have their way, i will no longer have knees to kneel to you on"

Omen stared at Abalodor, a look of intense concentration on his face. "You... seek the Dreamsmith as well?" His voice was strained and he spoke slowly, as if distracted. "I am not him. I will test you, and if you prove worthy I will bring you to him."

Cognition hasn't reached the Dreamsmith yet, and even if Cognition had Abalodor wouldn't be able to use their connection to reach the Dreamsmith. Generally it isn't possible to reach the Dreamsmith without Omen, although it could in theory be done using the correct method.

17 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The room brightened to reveal Desolation, a smile on the Inkling's face as he stared at something on the ground in front of him.

“Desolation.” Falvan said trying to hide his disgust. “Why do you seek to destroy?”

Then he looked at the Dreamsmith. “I come for a weapon made by your hands. They are valued highest, and I am in search for something that I can connect with, and can use rightly.” 

The man looked at Rirrom. “A plotblade? How did you came across that? Also what is an inkling?”

@Aeoryi

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Desolation.” Falvan said trying to hide his disgust. “Why do you seek to destroy?”

Then he looked at the Dreamsmith. “I come for a weapon made by your hands. They are valued highest, and I am in search for something that I can connect with, and can use rightly.”

The Dreamsmith was not there. Desolation smiled. "Why seek the Dreamsmith? You have already held a weapon greater than any he could make. The Nohr-Maul blade is far superior to that one's work."

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith was not there. Desolation smiled. "Why seek the Dreamsmith? You have already held a weapon greater than any he could make. The Nohr-Maul blade is far superior to that one's work."

“You did not answer my question. Why do you destroy?”

6 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“You did not answer my question. Why do you destroy?”

"I destroy because I want to." Desolation kicked the object in front of him, turning it over, revealing it to be the corpse of Unintelligible. "It is my nature. Whenever I am unleashed, I destroy. And this time, it is your fault. Without you I would still be imprisoned. Everything that I do is on your head."

28 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

The man looked at Rirrom. “A plotblade? How did you came across that? Also what is an inkling?”

@Aeoryi

"An inkling is an invincible sentient goo mass, basically, and I got Plot development when I first met desolation."

46 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The rest of the group disappeared, leaving Cognition alone. In the darkness, footsteps sounded.

Omen stared at Abalodor, a look of intense concentration on his face. "You... seek the Dreamsmith as well?" His voice was strained and he spoke slowly, as if distracted. "I am not him. I will test you, and if you prove worthy I will bring you to him."

Cognition hasn't reached the Dreamsmith yet, and even if Cognition had Abalodor wouldn't be able to use their connection to reach the Dreamsmith. Generally it isn't possible to reach the Dreamsmith without Omen, although it could in theory be done using the correct method.

"I- Okay."

But there is so much more to life. There is no happiness in killing. There is happiness in defeating evil, but killing for the sake of killing will never bring happiness. You feel bitterness. You feel anger, but doing what you do will bring you nothing. What have you gained? Nothing. What do you have you show? Nothing. You have gained negatively. You have lost even by your own hand. This is no way to live.

An inkling is an invincible sentient goo mass, basically, and I got Plot development when I first met desolation."

“Desolation?” The man said.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

But there is so much more to life. There is no happiness in killing. There is happiness in defeating evil, but killing for the sake of killing will never bring happiness. You feel bitterness. You feel anger, but doing what you do will bring you nothing. What have you gained? Nothing. What do you have you show? Nothing. You have gained negatively. You have lost even by your own hand. This is no way to live.

“Desolation?” The man said.

Desolation kills because truth bending.

"lnkling of the past, brought back by some ancient curse. He can absorb and steal narration, and has a plotblade of his own."

9 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"I- Okay."

The footsteps became louder, then stopped. Lights flickered on, revealing a figure made of darkness.  "Hello Inkling. I understand you seek the power to stand up to the Narrators."

6 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"You cannot argue with me. I will continue to kill. I will kill every narrator, and then every person, who lives. And when they are all dead, then and only then will I kill you. It is all your fault."

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The footsteps became louder, then stopped. Lights flickered on, revealing a figure made of darkness.  "Hello Inkling. I understand you seek the power to stand up to the Narrators."

"You cannot argue with me. I will continue to kill. I will kill every narrator, and then every person, who lives. And when they are all dead, then and only then will I kill you. It is all your fault."

"I seek the power to resist narrators, yes."

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"lnkling of the past, brought back by some ancient curse. He can absorb and steal narration, and has a plotblade of his own."

“Absorb narration…” The man looked disturbed by that. 
“What are you doing again?”

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Falvan shook his head. “No, Desolation,  all can change. You can change. But not if you don’t want to.” Falvan watched The dreamsmith come address Desolation. He would wait. 

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Absorb narration…” The man looked disturbed by that. 
“What are you doing again?”

Falvan shook his head. “No, Desolation,  all can change. You can change. But not if you don’t want to.” Falvan watched The dreamsmith come address Desolation. He would wait. 

"I am going to get platypus to kill him."

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"I seek the power to resist narrators, yes."

"I can give it to you. I can give you the power to stop any of them from ever hurting you or any Inkling ever again."

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan hasn't yet reached the Dreamsmith. This is his test.

Desolation grinned. "You're right. I won't change. How does it make you feel, knowing that you are responsible for the death of Unintelligible? For Thaidakar? In fact, even the return of Darkness is on your head."

Just now, Nameless* said:

"I can give it to you. I can give you the power to stop any of them from ever hurting you or any Inkling ever again."

Falvan hasn't yet reached the Dreamsmith. This is his test.

Desolation grinned. "You're right. I won't change. How does it make you feel, knowing that you are responsible for the death of Unintelligible? For Thaidakar? In fact, even the return of Darkness is on your head."

Cognition thought, pondering this offer. Then she finally spoke, "I will need to know what conditions there are first."

13 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition thought, pondering this offer. Then she finally spoke, "I will need to know what conditions there are first."

"I will give you a withergeist to bond. It will grant you great power. The power to kill those who threaten you, even narrators. As your people fear narrators now, so will the narrators learn to fear you. In exchange, I ask nothing, save that you use your power to stop the tyranny of the narrators."