The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

4 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

She's still there.

that's what I thought.

Hacob stumbled back, dazed, to where they had been planning. He walked across the small oasis to Mythos and Moni. "Hey, I found a thing. It was a hatch in the ground, and when I opened it, it threw me backwards with an enormous amount of air. The air was frigid, which is weird, cause it's in a desert. Do either of you know what it is?"

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Sure.” The Once-Author said 

"I'm terribly sorry, it's just that I'm already managing three or four different people at the moment, and it's extremely taxing. We can do the test now and set up an appointment later..." Omen trailed off suddenly, cocking his head as if listening to something. "Actually, he said he wants to see you."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

that's what I though.

Hacob stumbled back, dazed, to where they had been planning. He walked across the small oasis to Mythos and Moni. "Hey, I found a thing. It was a hatch in the ground, and when I opened it, it threw me backwards with an enormous amount of air. The air was frigid, which is weird, cause it's in a desert. Do either of you know what it is?"

Moni frowned. "Can you take me to it?"

Just now, Nameless* said:

"I'm terribly sorry, it's just that I'm already managing three or four different people at the moment, and it's extremely taxing. We can do the test now and set up an appointment later..." Omen trailed off suddenly, cocking his head as if listening to something. "Actually, he said he wants to see you."

Moni frowned. "Can you take me to it?"

"Yeah, I should be able to find my way back to it. Be careful though, the air hits haaaarrrrrdddd." He walks off in the direction that he came in, clearly expecting Moni to follow.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Hacob crests the sand dune after a few minutes of walking. "Here it is," he said, gesturing at the bottom of the dune. "Just scrape a little sand off and you'll see it."

Moni dusted off the hatch and opened it, bracing herself against the wind. Her eyes widened as she saw whatever was inside it, and she slammed the hatch back shut, drawing her Plotblade as she stumbled away back down the dune. "What is something like that doing here?"

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Moni dusted off the hatch and opened it, bracing herself against the wind. Her eyes widened as she saw whatever was inside it, and she slammed the hatch back shut, drawing her Plotblade as she stumbled away back down the dune. "What is something like that doing here?"

"What is it?" And why was Platypus looking at it?

Here we go.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

A candle flickered in the dimly lit room.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

A shadowed figure knelt before the only object in the room.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

A dark hand was placed over another's head.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Silence.

A glowing unlight, emitted from seeming nothingness.

Stillness.

The shadowed figure fell to the floor with a quiet thump.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Edited by Experience

"The void between worlds... that sounds familiar. Why?"

"I don't know why it'd be familiar to you. Maybe something to do with Desolation?" Moni shrugged. "Anyways, the Void is exactly what it sounds like. The empty space between what exists. It's filled with withergeists, and I would not recommend visiting."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"I don't know why it'd be familiar to you. Maybe something to do with Desolation?" Moni shrugged. "Anyways, the Void is exactly what it sounds like. The empty space between what exists. It's filled with withergeists, and I would not recommend visiting."

"That's why it sounds familiar, Platypus probably knew about the withergeists and passed that knowledge to me when I was made."

"That's why it sounds familiar, Platypus probably knew about the withergeists and passed that knowledge to me when I was made."

"That makes sense." Moni frowned at the hatch. "We should make it more secure. Withergeists would be able to sneak through if someone left it open."

Just now, Nameless* said:

"That makes sense." Moni frowned at the hatch. "We should make it more secure. Withergeists would be able to sneak through if someone left it open."

"It slammed closed on its own when I opened it, but I agree. How do we make it better? What are we able to do?"

"It slammed closed on its own when I opened it, but I agree. How do we make it better? What are we able to do?"

"I don't know. An Enuller could fix it entirely, but I don't know how to contact any of those. Maybe Platypus could do something?"

10 minutes ago, Experience said:

Here we go.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Silence.

Stillness.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Subversion appeared next to Eldyn and offered a handshake. "Hi! I'm Subversion. How's it going?"

32 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

33 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The Once-Author cocked his head. “Really? Okay then.”

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author cocked his head. “Really? Okay then.”

Omen raised his hand, tendrils of energy wrapping around the Once Author. "This will take you to him." The energy covered the Once-Author entirely, and when it cleared he stood in front of the Dreamsmith.

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn breathed in.

Silence.

"Uh, can you hear me? Or are you implying that you want me to be quiet?"

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

On the other side of the door sat a figure with his back to Falvan, sharpening a sword at a grindstone.

You are the Dreamsmith? I have heard much about you.

58 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

DESOLATION DIDN'T EVEN KILL THAIDAKAR, WHY WOULD FALVAN FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THAT????? Actually, as I am the one making my character going through a trauma arc, i kinda understand. Never mind.

Yeah he is kinda exaggerating…

16 minutes ago, Experience said:

Here we go.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Tick.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick.

Eldyn breathed out.

Silence.

Stillness.

Eldyn breathed in.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Exp. Is back!

The man went to Rirrom. “What is your name, and can I help you with your task? Absorbing narration is…”

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I don't know. An Enuller could fix it entirely, but I don't know how to contact any of those. Maybe Platypus could do something?"

Subversion appeared next to Eldyn and offered a handshake. "Hi! I'm Subversion. How's it going?"

"Platypus did look at it funny earlier. That might be why... or maybe he knows how to contact an Enuller. I'll ask him."

Hey Platypus, do you know how to contact an Enuller?

No.

"He doesn't know how to contact one."

@Aeoryi, did you see that Platypus came to Urithiru

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Omen raised his hand, tendrils of energy wrapping around the Once Author. "This will take you to him." The energy covered the Once-Author entirely, and when it cleared he stood in front of the Dreamsmith.

“Uhhhh… Hi.” The Once-Author said nervously.

4 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

You are the Dreamsmith? I have heard much about you.

The Dreamsmith turned around. He was wearing a blacksmith's apron and had streaks of greyed skin running down his right arm, although his glowing eyes and mechanical jaw distracted from those features of his appearance. "Yes, I am. You have come for a weapon to right your wrongs, correct?"

8 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn breathed out.

Consciousness flooded into his mind.

His eyes fluttered open.

But all he could see was... darkness.

"Can you hear me? Hello? You seem to be a bit out of it at the moment." Subversion frowned. "Do you need help?"

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Platypus did look at it funny earlier. That might be why... or maybe he knows how to contact an Enuller. I'll ask him."

Hey Platypus, do you know how to contact an Enuller?

No.

"He doesn't know how to contact one."

"We should at least mark it for what it is. Do you have something you could use to inscribe a message on the hatch door?"

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Uhhhh… Hi.” The Once-Author said nervously.

"Hello." The Dreamsmith stood up and walked over to the Once-Author. Although everything about the Dreamsmith and the room they stood in was identical to where Falvan was, there was no sign of anyone other than the Dreamsmith and the Once Author. "Did you know that you shouldn't exist?"

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith turned around. He was wearing a blacksmith's apron and had streaks of greyed skin running down his right arm, although his glowing eyes and mechanical jaw distracted from those features of his appearance. "Yes, I am. You have come for a weapon to right your wrongs, correct?"

“I am. Can you give it to me?