The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

27 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Can you hear me? Hello? You seem to be a bit out of it at the moment." Subversion frowned. "Do you need help?"

Eldyn heard sound, however unintelligent it was. The vibrations were completely off. 

So Eldyn did the only thing he knew. He layed still and breathed in and out.

He closed his eyes, as they didn't seem to help with anything in particular.

10 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn heard sound, however unintelligent it was. The vibrations were completely off. 

So Eldyn did the only thing he knew. He layed still and breathed in and out.

He closed his eyes, as they didn't seem to help with anything in particular.

Subversion sighed. "Okay, I see how it is. You're insane. Don't worry, I know how to help with that." She summoned an extremely bright light, directly in front of Eldyn's eyes.

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

where am i? did i make it through or not?

Abalodor passed Omen's test, at least to the point that he decided to just let the Dreamsmith deal with him. But he hasn't brought him to see the Dreamsmith yet, as the Dreamsmith's currently seeing two people at once.

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion sighed. "Okay, I see how it is. You're insane. Don't worry, I know how to help with that." She summoned an extremely bright light, directly in front of Eldyn's eyes.

Abalodor passed Omen's test, at least to the point that he decided to just let the Dreamsmith deal with him. But he hasn't brought him to see the Dreamsmith yet, as the Dreamsmith's currently seeing two people at once.

Light.

Eldyn didn't like light. 

He didn't dare open his eyes, as that make the light even lighter.

Eldyn lifted up his hand, feebly attempting to bat away the source of the light.

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

Hello." The Dreamsmith stood up and walked over to the Once-Author. Although everything about the Dreamsmith and the room they stood in was identical to where Falvan was, there was no sign of anyone other than the Dreamsmith and the Once Author. "Did you know that you shouldn't exist?"

“I… I suppose I did.” The Once Author said. “It… it’s kind of unsettling to think about.”

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith turned around. He was wearing a blacksmith's apron and had streaks of greyed skin running down his right arm, although his glowing eyes and mechanical jaw distracted from those features of his appearance. "Yes, I am. You have come for a weapon to right your wrongs, correct?"

"Can you hear me? Hello? You seem to be a bit out of it at the moment." Subversion frowned. "Do you need help?"

"We should at least mark it for what it is. Do you have something you could use to inscribe a message on the hatch door?"

"Hello." The Dreamsmith stood up and walked over to the Once-Author. Although everything about the Dreamsmith and the room they stood in was identical to where Falvan was, there was no sign of anyone other than the Dreamsmith and the Once Author. "Did you know that you shouldn't exist?"

Hacob pulled out a blade. Then he scratched Do Not Open on the hatch. "I don't want to put more in case someone who wants to destroy TLT comes across this."

4 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"I am not the Dreamsmith. You think he will give you a weapon as powerful as what I am offering? He fears what you would do with it. He cares too much for narrators to grant you a weapon capable of shaking their hold over TLT. Only power will save your people, power enough to inspire fear. Fear is the only way to control narrators. Without fear you will die." The figure held out his hand to Cognition. "I will give you a chance to reconsider. Think carefully before you reject my offer a second time; I will not extend it again."

Desolation's grin faded, replaced by a thoughtful expression. "Very well. You have passed my test. You may see the Dreamsmith." Desolation warped, forming into a door that seemed only half-real. "The Dreamsmith is waiting for you."

Omen, looking very strained, painfully turned his nightmarish face towards the Once-Author. "You...seek...the....Dreamsmith?"

"What have you the impression that inklings needed to kill narrators? That isn't even the actual goal." Cognition pondered, then said, "You've been listening to Desolation, haven't you? What did he tell you? That inklings are living in fear of narrators?"

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Platypus did look at it funny earlier. That might be why... or maybe he knows how to contact an Enuller. I'll ask him."

Hey Platypus, do you know how to contact an Enuller?

No.

"He doesn't know how to contact one."

@Aeoryi, did you see that Platypus came to Urithiru

Rirrom showed platypus the plotblade, Plot-significance. "This can end anyone's arc with just a scratch; be careful with it.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"What have you the impression that inklings needed to kill narrators? That isn't even the actual goal." Cognition pondered, then said, "You've been listening to Desolation, haven't you? What did he tell you? That inklings are living in fear of narrators?"

Rirrom showed platypus the plotblade, Plot-significance. "This can end anyone's arc with just a scratch; be careful with it.

Platypus backed up. "I... don't know if that should exist. It feels wrong somehow. Vengeance is repulsed by it. I can't take it, but you can't either because of Side Character, huh. We could give it to Hacob. Does anyone else we trust not have a plotblade?"

What plotblade was that based on, I forgot

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus backed up. "I... don't know if that should exist. It feels wrong somehow. Vengeance is repulsed by it. I can't take it, but you can't either because of Side Character, huh. We could give it to Hacob. Does anyone else we trust not have a plotblade?"

What plotblade was that based on, I forgot

"It's a bit unstable, but it has about a 82.9% chance of collapsing each hit, but that's the best I could do. It should be good for one hit or so."

Plot development is the original plotblade

Edited by Aeoryi

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"It's a bit unstable, but it has about a 82.9% chance of collapsing each hit, but that's the best I could do. It should be good for one hit or so."

"That sounds very dangerous when it collapses."

Also, I don't know if it would even be canonically possible to alter the plotblade, but it probably is possible. What is most likely is that the collapse would just be reverting to its original form. So what Plotblade was it based on? Development? If so, where did you find it?

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

What are plotblades?

Plotblades are blades that were formed by Plot's death. I believe @Nameless* has a list of the currently known ones in his About Me.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

On 8/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, Aeoryi said:

"No. You have the advantage, so they are allowed to use everything here."

Rirrom lept out of the way, then broke into the cabinet containing the Plotblades. 4 of them were fake, which Rirrom quickly identified by trying to reverse them. 2 were real. Rirrom grabbed one of the real ones, holding both side character and the other blade, he rushed at Falvan.

The blades are Foreshadowing and Plot development, Desolation grabbed foreshadowing.

Here is the post (it got mixed up and nameless thought Desolation grabbed foreshadowing, so I just cannonized that)

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"That sounds very dangerous when it collapses."

Also, I don't know if it would even be canonically possible to alter the plotblade, but it probably is possible. What is most likely is that the collapse would just be reverting to its original form. So what Plotblade was it based on? Development? If so, where did you find it?

Plotblades are blades that were formed by Plot's death. I believe @Nameless* has a list of the currently known ones in his About Me.

Rirrom can do so temporarily. Hence the "82.9% chance of collapsing" and becoming plot development again. 

"It will just become ordinary plot development, so make sure to have luck on your side when you use it."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Here is the post (it got mixed up and nameless thought Desolation grabbed foreshadowing, so I just cannonized that)

Rirrom can do so temporarily. Hence the "82.9% chance of collapsing" and becoming plot development again. 

"It will just become ordinary plot development, so make sure to have luck on your side when you use it."

Platypus scoffed. "Luck doesn't know my name. I'll give it to Hacob, he'll be able to use it far better than me."

I have a plan for this! Also, Plot development isn't the original, Vengeance is. If you go back and read when Plot came into play, you'll understand why.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus scoffed. "Luck doesn't know my name. I'll give it to Hacob, he'll be able to use it far better than me."

I have a plan for this! Also, Plot development isn't the original, Vengeance is. If you go back and read when Plot came into play, you'll understand why.

Yeah, plot development was just a side idea, foreshadowing was the main thing there. Plot development just refers to the plot continuing after his death

"Desolation will know most likely if Falvan or Hacob touches it. Same with anyone who touched the Ore-din-Aerie blade. I think that you deserve to destroy him, hence why I called you first."

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Yeah, plot development was just a side idea, foreshadowing was the main thing there. Plot development just refers to the plot continuing after his death

"Desolation will know most likely if Falvan or Hacob touches it. Same with anyone who touched the Ore-din-Aerie blade. I think that you deserve to destroy him, hence why I called you first."

"Hacob is my Avatar. He is a piece of me. I don't know why you think I should kill him, my focus has always been Darkness." Platypus shook his head. "I'm ok if he knows that this Blade exists. I want him to be scared." Platypus smiled, and for the first time that Rirrom had been around him, he looked truly scary with Vengeance in one hand, Mordite blade hanging from his belt, Narration causing a faint shimmer around him, and the obvious willingness to end things.

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Hacob is my Avatar. He is a piece of me. I don't know why you think I should kill him, my focus has always been Darkness." Platypus shook his head. "I'm ok if he knows that this Blade exists. I want him to be scared." Platypus smiled, and for the first time that Rirrom had been around him, he looked truly scary with Vengeance in one hand, Mordite blade hanging from his belt, Narration causing a faint shimmer around him, and the obvious willingness to end things.

"Judging by what he can do already, I would not hesitate to conclude that he could easily break the inversion going on with the blade. That would collapse it as well. Or he could hide. Either way, if he knows, it ruins the surprise factor of the blade. And that would be bad in almost every situation."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"Judging by what he can do already, I would not hesitate to conclude that he could easily break the inversion going on with the blade. That would collapse it as well. Or he could hide. Either way, if he knows, it ruins the surprise factor of the blade. And that would be bad in almost every situation."

"It might not even work on him. He's not really going through an arc, just being evil. He's not changing, just trying to kill. Plus I could probably hide the difference until he came face-to-face with the blade. But if you don't want Hacob to have it, then I can't take it. I can't use it."

Hey everybody! If you weren't already aware we have a thread going called TLT Adaptation . This was started with the very simple idea of "What if we turned TLT into a novel?" Well now we are trying to make it a reality. This will be a very long and hard project. However, we are really excited to turn what we already have of TLT into something readable. Currently we have a few people who show interest, but because this thread is very long and STILL growing it will take a very long time. It was calculated that it would take 102.05 hours for one person to simply copy and paste every single page up till now onto the document. That estimation does not include editing, rewriting, credits, the newly added pages, etc. So if you are interested in any way please join this thread and help us put it together. 

Fun Fact: Did you know that 103 DIFFERENT people posted and added to TLT from page 1 to 300? That is an extremely large group of people friends. 

So please help us out here in putting this together because TLT is very close to the shards heart. It would be absolutely incredible if TLT The Novel became the shards first novel made by every single member who posted on this thread. Thank you for your help guys! Panda out.

"It might not even work on him. He's not really going through an arc, just being evil. He's not changing, just trying to kill. Plus I could probably hide the difference until he came face-to-face with the blade. But if you don't want Hacob to have it, then I can't take it. I can't use it."

"I certainly can't use it," Rirrom said, holding up Side Character, "I literally am unable to destroy the main bad guy as I hold this plotblade. I would suggest getting someone else to take it, besides Hacob. But if there is no other option, I would much rather you take it and defeat him rather than not. And Desolation is going through an arc. It's just not important enough. Everyone is going through an arc. Even you."

1 minute ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

THIS!

11 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"I certainly can't use it," Rirrom said, holding up Side Character, "I literally am unable to destroy the main bad guy as I hold this plotblade. I would suggest getting someone else to take it, besides Hacob. But if there is no other option, I would much rather you take it and defeat him rather than not. And Desolation is going through an arc. It's just not important enough. Everyone is going through an arc. Even you."

THIS!

"Most everybody went to the Dreamsmith. Maybe... I'll take it to the Once-Author."

"Most everybody went to the Dreamsmith. Maybe... I'll take it to the Once-Author."

"Are you sure? I trust your decision. But it must not be damaged in any way, or else it will rebound to me and it will also be relatively useless."

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"Are you sure? I trust your decision. But it must not be damaged in any way, or else it will rebound to me and it will also be relatively useless."

"Well when you don't want Hacob or Falvan to have it, and pretty much everyone else either has a blade or went to the Dreamsmith, it kinda ruins my options. It's either him or Mythos, I'll see which one wants it."

2 hours ago, Experience said:

Light.

Eldyn didn't like light. 

He didn't dare open his eyes, as that make the light even lighter.

Eldyn lifted up his hand, feebly attempting to bat away the source of the light.

Subversion dimmed the light to a reasonable level. "Are you okay?"

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I… I suppose I did.” The Once Author said. “It… it’s kind of unsettling to think about.”

"Yes, I suppose it would be. I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem. Authors are far beyond my purview."

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Hacob pulled out a blade. Then he scratched Do Not Open on the hatch. "I don't want to put more in case someone who wants to destroy TLT comes across this."

"Probably a good idea. Say, where's Platypus gotten off to?"

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

I know you live in fear of them. Every time a narrator visits you, they inevitably turn, causing great suffering. Unlike Desolation, your people do not know how to fight narrators. I can give you a way to fight them. With the power the bond will give you, killing the narrators will be unnecessary. They will stay far away from you." The figure stepped forward, shadows in the room deepening. "I ask you, will you accept this power?"

18 minutes ago, Experience said:

So umm. What are the 'teams/alliances/friends?

Current teams: Darkness and Desolation are semi-teamed as antagonists, Platypus, Moniker, Falvan, the Once-Author, Unintelligible, Abalodor, Cognition, and Rirrom are teamed against Darkness and Desolation for the moment, Omen and the Dreamsmith are on their own side together, and Subversion's undecided (Platypus really hates her at the moment, even more than usual).

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion dimmed the light to a reasonable level. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I suppose it would be. I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem. Authors are far beyond my purview."

"Probably a good idea. Say, where's Platypus gotten off to?"

I know you live in fear of them. Every time a narrator visits you, they inevitably turn, causing great suffering. Unlike Desolation, your people do not know how to fight narrators. I can give you a way to fight them. With the power the bond will give you, killing the narrators will be unnecessary. They will stay far away from you." The figure stepped forward, shadows in the room deepening. "I ask you, will you accept this power?"

Current teams: Darkness and Desolation are semi-teamed as antagonists, Platypus, Moniker, Falvan, the Once-Author, Unintelligible, Abalodor, Cognition, and Rirrom are teamed against Darkness and Desolation for the moment, Omen and the Dreamsmith are on their own side together, and Subversion's undecided (Platypus really hates her at the moment, even more than usual).

"I didn't come here to receive a withergeist. And it is true that my people live in fear of narrators, but if we make them fear us it will only make us the enemies, and the cycle will reverse."