The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

27 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well when you don't want Hacob or Falvan to have it, and pretty much everyone else either has a blade or went to the Dreamsmith, it kinda ruins my options. It's either him or Mythos, I'll see which one wants it."

"Falvan has Nohr-maul, and Change. Hacob, he can hold it. I suppose that is fine, but you must act quickly"

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

"I didn't come here to receive a withergeist. And it is true that my people live in fear of narrators, but if we make them fear us it will only make us the enemies, and the cycle will reverse."

The figure did not remove his offered hand. "So you refuse me again?"

11 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion dimmed the light to a reasonable level. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I suppose it would be. I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem. Authors are far beyond my purview."

"Probably a good idea. Say, where's Platypus gotten off to?"

I know you live in fear of them. Every time a narrator visits you, they inevitably turn, causing great suffering. Unlike Desolation, your people do not know how to fight narrators. I can give you a way to fight them. With the power the bond will give you, killing the narrators will be unnecessary. They will stay far away from you." The figure stepped forward, shadows in the room deepening. "I ask you, will you accept this power?"

Current teams: Darkness and Desolation are semi-teamed as antagonists, Platypus, Moniker, Falvan, the Once-Author, Unintelligible, Abalodor, Cognition, and Rirrom are teamed against Darkness and Desolation for the moment, Omen and the Dreamsmith are on their own side together, and Subversion's undecided (Platypus really hates her at the moment, even more than usual).

Hacob shrugged. "I don't know, I watched him receive something and then he left."

Platypus also doesn't like Cognition, so there is the possibility of them trying to kill each other after Desolation and Darkness are dead. Enemy of my enemy type thing right now which will be over.

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"Falvan has Nohr-maul, and Change. Hacob, he can hold it. I suppose that is fine, but you must act quickly"

"Have you ever seen me act slow?" Platypus takes the blade and teleports to the sand dunes, standing in front of Hacob and Moni. "Hacob, this is for you," he says, handing the twisted Plotblade to Hacob. "Use it only against Desolation, it can stop any arc, but be careful. It will likely collapse and revert to its normal form after a single hit."

14 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion dimmed the light to a reasonable level. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I suppose it would be. I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem. Authors are far beyond my purview."

"Probably a good idea. Say, where's Platypus gotten off to?"

I know you live in fear of them. Every time a narrator visits you, they inevitably turn, causing great suffering. Unlike Desolation, your people do not know how to fight narrators. I can give you a way to fight them. With the power the bond will give you, killing the narrators will be unnecessary. They will stay far away from you." The figure stepped forward, shadows in the room deepening. "I ask you, will you accept this power?"

Current teams: Darkness and Desolation are semi-teamed as antagonists, Platypus, Moniker, Falvan, the Once-Author, Unintelligible, Abalodor, Cognition, and Rirrom are teamed against Darkness and Desolation for the moment, Omen and the Dreamsmith are on their own side together, and Subversion's undecided (Platypus really hates her at the moment, even more than usual).

Eldyn realized the vibrations weren't in his native language.

Oh well.

Wait.

He had ears, didn't he? He reached up to his face to check and did, in fact, find ears. Eldyn opened his ears.

"-ay," Eldyn heard someone say.

Eldyn vibrated a response, as he didn't understand what - or who for that matter - was happening. He just wanted to go back to bed.

"A shield."

"A shield to defend against narrators? That is quite the shield. Do you think you have it in you to be such a shield?"

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Hacob shrugged. "I don't know, I watched him receive something and then he left."

Platypus also doesn't like Cognition, so there is the possibility of them trying to kill each other after Desolation and Darkness are dead. Enemy of my enemy type thing right now which will be over.

"Have you ever seen me act slow?" Platypus takes the blade and teleports to the sand dunes, standing in front of Hacob and Moni. "Hacob, this is for you," he says, handing the twisted Plotblade to Hacob. "Use it only against Desolation, it can stop any arc, but be careful. It will likely collapse and revert to its normal form after a single hit."

Moni stared at the new blade, a look of shocked realization crossing her face. "I... is that really possible?"

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn realized the vibrations weren't in his native language.

Oh well.

Wait.

He had ears, didn't he? He reached up to his face to check and did, in fact, find ears. Eldyn opened his ears.

"-ay," Eldyn heard someone say.

Eldyn vibrated a response, as he didn't understand what - or who for that matter - was happening. He just wanted to go back to bed.

Subversion frowned. She felt like she'd almost understood what the being was trying to say. "I asked if you were okay. You don't seem okay."

Just now, Nameless* said:

"A shield to defend against narrators? That is quite the shield. Do you think you have it in you to be such a shield?"

Moni stared at the new blade, a look of shocked realization crossing her face. "I... is that really possible?"

Subversion frowned. She felt like she'd almost understood what the being was trying to say. "I asked if you were okay. You don't seem okay."

"In myself? I don't think I have the physical qualities of a shield, no?"

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Only temporarily, but it seems so."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"In myself? I don't think I have the physical qualities of a shield, no?"

"No, of course not. But any shield I forge will be a part of you. I have seen what Desolation is capable of. Do you have similar potential?"

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Only temporarily, but it seems so."

"I-what? Sorry, talking to myself. So this thing can stop Desolation?"

"No, of course not. But any shield I forge will be a part of you. I have seen what Desolation is capable of. Do you have similar potential?"

"No. I have different competencies."

ineed it can but you must only use it once

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Rirrom claimed it could. I'm not too sure."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

ineed it can but you must only use it once

i'm gonna actually put it up to chance.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

i'm gonna actually put it up to chance.

It guarantees one hit. After that, roll a D6 and if it lands on a 6 then it stays intact. If it lands on anything else, it becomes plot development again.

The Dreamsmith stared at Cognition, the glow in his eyes brightening. "Yes, I see that. I will be able to make you a good shield. Tell me, what would you like it to do?"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well, if it fails I might be able to do something." Moni tapped her own Narrationblade. "I won't kill Desolation, but... maybe I can do something else."
Wasn't Falvan Foreshadowed to stop Desolation?

The Dreamsmith stared at Cognition, the glow in his eyes brightening. "Yes, I see that. I will be able to make you a good shield. Tell me, what would you like it to do?"

"Well, if it fails I might be able to do something." Moni tapped her own Narrationblade. "I won't kill Desolation, but... maybe I can do something else."

kinda, yes.

"And I can do things."

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Eldyn realized that someone was talking to him. Fear took over and he scrambled into the darkest corner of the room, eyes now wide open. 

"Wh-who are you?"

Yes. But this is to give them hope.

"Defend the Inklings from Narrators and narration."

33 minutes ago, Nameless* said:
3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“Understandable.” The Once-Author said. “Why did you want to see me then?”

9 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

kinda, yes.

"And I can do things."

"Yes, I think we'll be alright."

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn realized that someone was talking to him. Fear took over and he scrambled into the darkest corner of the room, eyes now wide open. 

"Wh-who are you?"

Subversion blinked. "Oh, you're awake. I'm Subversion, a narrator. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I've got a brand-new conscience, barely even used."

8 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Yes. But this is to give them hope.

"Defend the Inklings from Narrators and narration."

The weapon that the Dreamsmith makes for Falvan will give them hope.

"I see. Such a shield will be very hard to make. Narration is very powerful, and stopping it completely may well be impossible. I cannot make you a shield that will stop narration's effects entirely."

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Understandable.” The Once-Author said. “Why did you want to see me then?”

"I was curious. So far as I know, an Author has never before descended into the thread as you have. very rarely do they interfere in plot at all. How is it that your character dragged you down here?"

--

The strain on Omen's face faded somewhat. "I have finished all the tests. It is still difficult to keep so many in the dwelling of the Dreamsmith, but I can manage one more. Abalodor, you may see the Dreamsmith, if you wish."

@TheRavenHasLanded