The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

19 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Yes. But this is to give them hope.

"Defend the Inklings from Narrators and narration."

plus foreshadowing can be unfulfilled. This one probably won't be, but it could be.

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes, I think we'll be alright."

"Indeed we should be."

Edited by Being of Cacophony

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I was curious. So far as I know, an Author has never before descended into the thread as you have. very rarely do they interfere in plot at all. How is it that your character dragged you down here?"

“I’m… not completely sure.” The Once-Author told him. “It happened in the battle against Feanor. Something happened with the narration-eating monsters that threw off something in Ryss somehow. Then… I was here. It’s all a blur really.”

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I’m… not completely sure.” The Once-Author told him. “It happened in the battle against Feanor. Something happened with the narration-eating monsters that threw off something in Ryss somehow. Then… I was here. It’s all a blur really.”

"Interesting. Did you do anything differently from what you normally did in Authoring?"

6 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Indeed we should be."

"Yeah. I'd say we've got this in the bag." Moni sighed. "So what unforeseen tricks is he going to have up his sleeve? A previously unmentioned Plotblade? A powerup from Darkness? Could be anything."

Just now, Experience said:

"A...what? What's a narrator? And how did you even get in here?"

"Oh, I can actually answer both of your questions in one answer!" Subversion smiled. "I'm basically a god. I can narrate anything I want, and it happens!"

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Interesting. Did you do anything differently from what you normally did in Authoring?"

"Yeah. I'd say we've got this in the bag." Moni sighed. "So what unforeseen tricks is he going to have up his sleeve? A previously unmentioned Plotblade? A powerup from Darkness? Could be anything."

"Oh, I can actually answer both of your questions in one answer!" Subversion smiled. "I'm basically a god. I can narrate anything I want, and it happens!"

"Probably both."

A platypus appeared near Subversion. Platypus' voice came from it. "A god is stretching it Subsy. But you're kinda right."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"A...God? Like the Seven Suns? But how does that explain how you got here? Do you even know who I am?"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Probably both."

A platypus appeared near Subversion. Platypus' voice came from it. "A god is stretching it Subsy. But you're kinda right."

"Oh, I'm stretching it am I? What about this then?" Subversion snapped her fingers, and a (uninhabited) planet exploded.

Just now, Experience said:

"A...God? Like the Seven Suns? But how does that explain how you got here? Do you even know who I am?"

"I have no idea! I just noticed you, so I appeared next to you. You seemed interesting."

Just now, Nameless* said:

"Oh, I'm stretching it am I? What about this then?" Subversion snapped her fingers, and a (uninhabited) planet exploded.

"I have no idea! I just noticed you, so I appeared next to you. You seemed interesting."

"So...how can I trust you?"

Eldyn's body was still quite tense.

38 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes, I think we'll be alright."

Subversion blinked. "Oh, you're awake. I'm Subversion, a narrator. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I've got a brand-new conscience, barely even used."

The weapon that the Dreamsmith makes for Falvan will give them hope.

"I see. Such a shield will be very hard to make. Narration is very powerful, and stopping it completely may well be impossible. I cannot make you a shield that will stop narration's effects entirely."

"I was curious. So far as I know, an Author has never before descended into the thread as you have. very rarely do they interfere in plot at all. How is it that your character dragged you down here?"

--

The strain on Omen's face faded somewhat. "I have finished all the tests. It is still difficult to keep so many in the dwelling of the Dreamsmith, but I can manage one more. Abalodor, you may see the Dreamsmith, if you wish."

@TheRavenHasLanded

"How much could it do?"

7 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

Suddenly, pineapples.

was lostin time and never found again

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus backed up. "I... don't know if that should exist. It feels wrong somehow. Vengeance is repulsed by it. I can't take it, but you can't either because of Side Character, huh. We could give it to Hacob. Does anyone else we trust not have a plotblade?"

What plotblade was that based on, I forgot

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Here is the post (it got mixed up and nameless thought Desolation grabbed foreshadowing, so I just cannonized that)

Rirrom can do so temporarily. Hence the "82.9% chance of collapsing" and becoming plot development again. 

"It will just become ordinary plot development, so make sure to have luck on your side when you use it."

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

"I certainly can't use it," Rirrom said, holding up Side Character, "I literally am unable to destroy the main bad guy as I hold this plotblade. I would suggest getting someone else to take it, besides Hacob. But if there is no other option, I would much rather you take it and defeat him rather than not. And Desolation is going through an arc. It's just not important enough. Everyone is going through an arc. Even you."

THIS!

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Most everybody went to the Dreamsmith. Maybe... I'll take it to the Once-Author."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Have you ever seen me act slow?" Platypus takes the blade and teleports to the sand dunes, standing in front of Hacob and Moni. "Hacob, this is for you," he says, handing the twisted Plotblade to Hacob. "Use it only against Desolation, it can stop any arc, but be careful. It will likely collapse and revert to its normal form after a single hit."

O come on! I was inactive at the moment!

There is a new narrator right there with you! He was just talking to Rirrom!

“I can take it, my name is Woe. I am a narrator. It sounds like you are in need of help. Can I take this blade and help?”

if it isn’t tooo late to go back.

Falvan stared at the Dreamsmith. “ Can you provide this blade?”

@Nameless*

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

37 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

44 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“I mean… I’m not sure.” The Once-Author said. “It… it was strange. I didn’t really pay much attention, I didn’t think anything would happen because of Ryss. He was just the optimistic side character with the lasagna.”

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

19 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"How much could it do?"

"That depends. How well do you know the Inklings?"

14 minutes ago, Experience said:

"I don't want to be Interesting. I just want to be me. Whoever that is."

"Well the person you are is very interesting." Subversion frowned. "Sorry, I'm not being very nice right now, am I? Is there any way I can help you remember who you are?"

12 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan stared at the Dreamsmith. “ Can you provide this blade?”

"I cannot. No weapon can make right your wrongs." The Dreamsmith turned back to his forge. "Only you can do that. Only you can forgive yourself for Desolation's actions."

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I mean… I’m not sure.” The Once-Author said. “It… it was strange. I didn’t really pay much attention, I didn’t think anything would happen because of Ryss. He was just the optimistic side character with the lasagna.”

"Interesting." The Dreamsmith was silent for a moment. "So, do you want a weapon?"

Edited by Nameless*

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

"Did you see anything when you got here?"

"No. But I did see something before I got here. Some kind of flashback I think?"

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I suppose one would be useful, with Desolation and all these people around.”

"Hm. A weapon made from your soul would be very potent, I suspect. What manner of weapon would you like? Have you manifested a Narrationblade yet?"

4 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I would be very grateful for any help. How do I get this weapon?

"I'll make it for you. But first, a choice." The Dreamsmith extended a hand towards his forge, and sparks shot from it into his outstretched palm. "I can make two weapons for you. One will become useless after it is used for its intended purpose, but it will do what you want it to do right now." He opened his hand to reveal a miniature sword made from burning fire that glowed for a brief moment with blinding heat, then vanished. "The other will not be as helpful as you want it to be, but it will not burn out so easily."

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

"What did you see?"

"I saw two figures. One killed the other, I think. It's difficult to say for sure."