The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

9 hours ago, Experience said:

"Shades. Shades shades shades."

Eldyn rushed back to the center of the room, not paying heed to the person in front of him. He picked up a match and lit the candle.

His shaky hand struggled to move it over the ground, searching, searchin- there.

Imprinted into the stone ground was a shadow in the shape of a human. A human Eldyn begin to remember.

"Shades."

Subversion looked a little bit lost. "So did you kill them, or was it someone else?"

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor walks forward toward the dreamsmith. "i need a weapon"

The Dreamsmith looks at Abalodor, obviously tired from all the work he's done. "I see that. A staff, correct?"

1 hour ago, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

Suddenly, "Suddenly, Pineapples" was everywhere, with everyone (non-personified) owning it at the same time.

Nobody knew how this was happening.

Nobody also hated all this useless, 4th wall breaking plot.

Various glitch-entities were getting into the thread due to the giant hole in the 4th wall. because of this, everyone (non-personified) had "Suddenly, Pineapples" at the same time, each being their own perfect copy of the lost original.

The Enullers quickly rounded up the copies of "Suddenly Pineapples" before everyone died, then patched the hole in the 4th wall. They left the monsters though, as those hadn't been supposed to be outside the 4th wall in the first place.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Thank you!” The Once Author said, narrating away the pineapples.

The Dreamsmith shook his head. "Don't thank me. I didn't succeed. Your blade will be nothing but a shadow of itself."

36 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith shook his head. "Don't thank me. I didn't succeed. Your blade will be nothing but a shadow of itself."

"It's better than no blade at all, though." The Once Author said. "So can I just summon it like a normal Narrationblade? What does it do?"

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

28 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition called for the Once-Author to come.

"Are we done here than?" The Once-Author asked the Dreamsmith. "Cognition is calling for me."

@Nameless*

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

37 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"It's better than no blade at all, though." The Once Author said. "So can I just summon it like a normal Narrationblade? What does it do?"

The Dreamsmith gestured to the Authorblade sitting on a table in front of him. “Yes, you can summon it like a Narrationblade. What it will do, I’m not sure. It was intended to channel the full remaining power of your Authorhood, making you the most powerful being in all of TLT save perhaps one other, but it won’t do that. It will sometimes function as a weapon, sometimes be completely unreal. Perhaps it will be more effective on your characters, as they share a deeper connection to you.” He shrugged.

37 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition called for the Once-Author to come.

35 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Are we done here than?" The Once-Author asked the Dreamsmith. "Cognition is calling for me."

@Nameless*

“Yes, we are done. Omen, you may show them out now.” The room flickered, and suddenly everyone except for Abalodor was standing in an empty field.

13 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"more specifically, a sword that can be used as a staff and vise-versa" he also looks concerned, and asks "may i supply some power for you? you seem like youre on your last legs"

The Dreamsmith shook his head. “Don’t worry, it won’t affect the weapon I make for you. I make it out of your soul anyways.” 
The Dreamsmith looked into Abalodor’s soul, and saw… well, he couldn’t see much. Very undefined. But what he did see, he could use. He took Abalodor’s desire to whack evil things and shaped it into a staff, shaping it with the aid of Abalodor’s strange powers.

“There, done.” The Dreamsmith handed Abalodor a wooden staff, the tip inset with a glowing crystal. “That should work for what you wanted.”

@Aeoryi, does Desolation want a hostage? He could have captured Unintelligible while he was waiting alone outside the Dreamsmith’s place.

Just now, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith gestured to the Authorblade sitting on a table in front of him. “Yes, you can summon it like a Narrationblade. What it will do, I’m not sure. It was intended to channel the full remaining power of your Authorhood, making you the most powerful being in all of TLT save perhaps one other, but it won’t do that. It will sometimes function as a weapon, sometimes be completely unreal. Perhaps it will be more effective on your characters, as they share a deeper connection to you.” He shrugged.

“Yes, we are done. Omen, you may show them out now.” The room flickered, and suddenly everyone except for Abalodor was standing in an empty field.

The Dreamsmith shook his head. “Don’t worry, it won’t affect the weapon I make for you. I make it out of your soul anyways.” 
The Dreamsmith looked into Abalodor’s soul, and saw… well, he couldn’t see much. Very undefined. But what he did see, he could use. He took Abalodor’s desire to whack evil things and shaped it into a staff, shaping it with the aid of Abalodor’s strange powers.

“There, done.” The Dreamsmith handed Abalodor a wooden staff, the tip inset with a glowing crystal. “That should work for what you wanted.”

@Aeoryi, does Desolation want a hostage? He could have captured Unintelligible while he was waiting alone outside the Dreamsmith’s place.

No he isn't that intelligent.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"Yes. We need to find and kill Desolation."

"Agreed. Lets go." The Once-Author summoned his Authorblade and began walking. Then he paused and turned around. "That would've been really cool. Unfortunately I have no idea how to find Desolation, let alone kill him, so I can't keep walking dramatically."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Agreed. Lets go." The Once-Author summoned his Authorblade and began walking. Then he paused and turned around. "That would've been really cool. Unfortunately I have no idea how to find Desolation, let alone kill him, so I can't keep walking dramatically."

"He went westwards, I think."

31 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"hopefully it doesnt break. what can it do?"

abalodor and my writing style have my humor

“In staff form it can whack stuff and channel your power to explode stuff and things like that, and in sword form it can chop stuff and channel your power to chop stuff better.”

17 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Oh dear, it seems I missed my 1,000th page anniversary." Sequence said, scratching her head. "Page 2513. Was it a good one, at least?"

“It wasn’t bad. Had some angst, and some backstory hints.”

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he smiles with glee. "perfect, i love it already. no logic to it at all. thank you." he turns around. "oh, i almost forgot to pay you. what would you like in return?"

“I don’t take payment. The task is its own reward. Oh, and if it breaks, you should run away from whatever broke it, as they’re definitely too powerful for you.”

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion looked a little bit lost. "So did you kill them, or was it someone else?"

The Dreamsmith looks at Abalodor, obviously tired from all the work he's done. "I see that. A staff, correct?"

The Enullers quickly rounded up the copies of "Suddenly Pineapples" before everyone died, then patched the hole in the 4th wall. They left the monsters though, as those hadn't been supposed to be outside the 4th wall in the first place.

Eldyn stayed silent, tracing the outline on the ground.

"It wasn't supposed to work! They promised it wouldn't work!"

Eldyn looked up at Subversion. "Why did it work?!"

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"i never back down from a challenge. here, take this" and he pulls out a notepad. "this should allow you to get more materials, and perhaps make better weapons. hes a good friend of mine, so just write down that you need help, and he'll be here.

"I can't take that. If you really want to give me something, give it to Omen on your way out."

1 hour ago, Experience said:

Eldyn stayed silent, tracing the outline on the ground.

"It wasn't supposed to work! They promised it wouldn't work!"

Eldyn looked up at Subversion. "Why did it work?!"

"Why did what work?"