The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Nice. Good to know. 

Wait. 

I thought Cognition was with me? 

Cognition left before you, you were all in the same room with the Dreamsmith but none of the others were there with you. Plus Cognition can probably split like Desolation.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Cognition left before you, you were all in the same room with the Dreamsmith but none of the others were there with you. Plus Cognition can probably split like Desolation.

Okay.

Mind if I throw myself into the fray?

22 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Thaid wanted me to kill him, and Subsy deserves it. I don't care what you want to here about, I will tell you what I wish."

Platypus isn't in a state of mind for logic. He can't listen to reason from most people right now.

Platypus lunged and speared an illusion. It faded. "It's only a matter of time," he growled.

Platypus snarled. "Cognition! I can do this on my own! I'm perfectly willing to destroy him."

"I trust Moni. She's here. I trust Hacob and the Once-Author. I trusted Thaid. I trust Mythos. That's about it."

Suddenly he reappeared. Platypus had Narrated him back. "Just where do you think you're going?"

"I don't care, you're the one trying to find an excuse to fight me." Cognition did a gesture with her hand, and Drilk came back.

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Nice. Good to know. 

Wait. 

I thought Cognition was with me? 

She is an inkling. She can be in more than one place at a time 

54 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn shook his head. 

"People are scared of power. They want to destroy it. I think I should just...hide."

"I think hiding is a bad idea. Come with me, and I promise I'll keep anyone from hurting you."

24 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus snarled. "Cognition! I can do this on my own! I'm perfectly willing to destroy him."

Moni snorted. "Thanks Cognition. Keeps me from having to do anything."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"I don't care, you're the one trying to find an excuse to fight me." Cognition did a gesture with her hand, and Drilk came back.

"I stand corrected." Moni drew her Plotblade and pointed it at Platypus. "I don't want to use this thing, but if you don't stop fighting, I will."

24 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I trust Moni. She's here. I trust Hacob and the Once-Author. I trusted Thaid. I trust Mythos. That's about it."

Unintelligible looked hurt. "You don't trust me?"

Edited by Nameless*

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"I think hiding is a bad idea. Come with me, and I promise I'll keep anyone from hurting you."

Moni snorted. "Thanks Cognition. Keeps me from having to do anything."

"I stand corrected." Moni drew her Plotblade and pointed it at Platypus. "I don't want to use this thing, but if you don't stop fighting, I will."

Cognition looked hurt when she spoke to Moni, "Platypus is going to harm me if I continue to do that."

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

She is an inkling. She can be in more than one place at a time 

"I don't need an excuse to fight you, or anyone." Seeing him appear, Platypus lunged at him again, this time there was no chance of it being an illusion.

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I stand corrected." Moni drew her Plotblade and pointed it at Platypus. "I don't want to use this thing, but if you don't stop fighting, I will.

Platypus whirled on Moni. "I can handle a 2v1. Anyone else want to join? Cognition? Woe?"

"Sorry Unintelligible, I didn't notice you and he asked who I trusted that was here. I do trust you."

Edited by Being of Cacophony

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I don't need an excuse to fight you, or anyone." Seeing him appear, Platypus lunged at him again, this time there was no chance of it being an illusion.

Platypus whirled on Moni. "Don't start that again."

"Sorry Unintelligible, I didn't notice you and he asked who I trusted that was here. I do trust you."

Moni jumped in the way of the attack, deflecting Platypus's blow. "Don't you start trying to kill him again."

Unintelligible nodded. "Oh, that's fine. I'm still recovering from the effects of holding Side Character. Easy to miss me."

Just now, Nameless* said:

Moni jumped in the way of the attack, deflecting Platypus's blow. "Don't you start trying to kill him again."

Unintelligible nodded. "Oh, that's fine. I'm still recovering from the effects of holding Side Character. Easy to miss me."

He didn't attack her, just turned towards her.

"Would you prefer I have someone else try to kill him?"

"I'll try to remember you."

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition looked hurt when she spoke to Moni, "Platypus is going to harm me if I continue to do that."

"Fine. Be a coward."

Moni stopped his attempt to attack Drilk.

"I'd stop them too."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"what is going on- help-" the new man says

abalodor teleports back, and throws himself between the fighters. "enough, we have more things to deal with, specifically desolation and darkness."

"Seriously!" The Once Author yelled. "Y'all can fight and whatnot later!" 

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

"Fine. Be a coward."

"I'd stop them too."

"I have no grievances for the god of death."

Cognition formed into a figure that held the Memory shield. If platypus would try to attack, it wouldn't end well for him.

"Fine. Be a coward."

"I'd stop them too."

ok.

Platypus threw his Narrationblade at Drilk, then grabbed Vengeance. "Moni, I'm not going to kill him, just maim him so he can't take the Plotblade."

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Seriously!" The Once Author yelled. "Y'all can fight and what not later!"

"He is trying to take the blade we can use to kill Desolation!"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"what is going on- help-" the new man says

abalodor teleports back, and throws himself between the fighters. "enough, we have more things to deal with, specifically desolation and darkness."

Platypus keeps going, jumping over abaldor to continue his attack. "I'll fight you too. Don't get in my way."

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"I have no grievances for the god of death."

Cognition formed into a figure that held the Memory shield. If platypus would try to attack, it wouldn't end well for him.

For the record, while that does stop Narration, it probably would be just a really durable shield to stuff like Plotblades and Mordite.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

ok.

Platypus threw his Narrationblade at Drilk, then grabbed Vengeance. "Moni, I'm not going to kill him, just maim him so he can't take the Plotblade."

"He is trying to take the blade we can use to kill Desolation!"

Platypus keeps going, jumping over abaldor to continue his attack. "I'll fight you too. Don't get in my way."

For the record, while that does stop Narration, it probably would be just a really durable shield to stuff like Plotblades and Mordite.

It should function as a proper blocking material for Plotblades, but either way, it cannot be damaged while Cognition is around.

Cognition awaited Platypus' first blow.

"Platypus. Save your anger for Desolation or I WILL subdue you."

"Oh, that's fine then. But I'd think there'd be an easier way to restrain him. Or maybe you could just give that modified Plotblade to the Once-Author. I think that's what Drilk wants."

Yeah. It would reverse any attempts to attack with direct Narration, but against a Narrationblade or any other sword I'm thinking it'd just be a really good shield.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Well..." The Once Author said. "Now I feel sheepish. Should join the fight to, or...?"

"Not against me! You could join on my side if you want." Platypus is clearly straining, keeping Woe from Narrating himself away, attacking Drilk and avoiding Moni and Abalodor.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

It should function as a proper blocking material for Plotblades, but either way, it cannot be damaged while Cognition is around.

Cognition awaited Platypus' first blow.

"Platypus. Save your anger for Desolation or I WILL subdue you."

"No you won't. I don't fear you. I'm not going to fight you yet, but I will eventually if you don't leave."

It would block, but it would do about the same as a normal shield, so it can still be outmaneuvered. 

"Oh, that's fine then. But I'd think there'd be an easier way to restrain him. Or maybe you could just give that modified Plotblade to the Once-Author. I think that's what Drilk wants."

Yeah. It would reverse any attempts to attack with direct Narration, but against a Narrationblade or any other sword I'm thinking it'd just be a really good shield.

Platypus groans. "I literally told you I wasn't gonna kill him! Just stop him from taking the blade. And the Once-Author has a blade. Hacob doesn't."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

a shockwave just explodes out, one of anger and sadness "ENOUGH- THIS IS NOT THE TIME NOR THE PLACE"

The shockwave splits as it nears Platypus, goes past him without hitting him, then reforms into a whole wave.

"Not against me! You could join on my side if you want." Platypus is clearly straining, keeping Woe from Narrating himself away, attacking Drilk and avoiding Moni and Abalodor.

"No you won't. I don't fear you. I'm not going to fight you yet, but I will eventually if you don't leave."

It would block, but it would do about the same as a normal shield, so it can still be outmaneuvered. 

Platypus groans. "I literally told you I wasn't gonna kill him! Just stop him from taking the blade. And the Once-Author has a blade. Hacob doesn't."

The shockwave splits as it nears Platypus, goes past him without hitting him, then reforms into a whole wave.

"I don't care. You need to take the time to fix your emotions. Currently, you're doing what Desolation would want you to do. Sow chaos."

How powerful is Platypus' mental defenses on a scale of 1-10?

"Feel free to. As long as you don't kill him, I'm not going to fight you over it. I was just saying that there is probably an easier way to stop him from being able to take the Blade, or at least a more humane one. You don't need to maim him."