The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"I don't care. You need to take the time to fix your emotions. Currently, you're doing what Desolation would want you to do. Sow chaos."

How powerful is Platypus' mental defenses on a scale of 1-10?

if 10 is the strongest they could possibly be, 10. that's the whole reason why they aren't connected.

"I'm not causing chaos, these people trying to stop me are! I'm trying to stop the one that wants to steal from me."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Feel free to. As long as you don't kill him, I'm not going to fight you over it. I was just saying that there is probably an easier way to stop him from being able to take the Blade, or at least a more humane one. You don't need to maim him."

"Maim, injure, whatever it takes to incapacitate. At this point, I'm primarily defending myself, though I could definitely go on the offensive."

abalodor stares at platypus. "i thought we were on the same side. apparently not" and he grabs his Boom-Stick and just pounds it into the ground, trapping platypus in blades.

the new guy once again looks around and sees the people who are leaving and goes up to them. "whats going on, help help help tale me anywhere but here

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

if 10 is the strongest they could possibly be, 10. that's the whole reason why they aren't connected.

"I'm not causing chaos, these people trying to stop me are! I'm trying to stop the one that wants to steal from me."

"Maim, injure, whatever it takes to incapacitate. At this point, I'm primarily defending myself, though I could definitely go on the offensive."

Cognition is just going to perform a simple illusion on him, something that would easily slip by mental defenses.

Instantly, Platypus did not see anything but darkness, until finally, he saw himself. All alone, in the empty, unforgiving darkness.

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Not against me! You could join on my side if you want." Platypus is clearly straining, keeping Woe from Narrating himself away, attacking Drilk and avoiding Moni and Abalodor.

The Once-Author lunged at Drilk, summoning his Authorblade. "My goodness these plots are difficult to keep straight!" He swung his blade, and at the same time used narration to weaken Abalodor's wave. 

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor stares at platypus. "i thought we were on the same side. apparently not" and he grabs his Boom-Stick and just pounds it into the ground, trapping platypus in blades.

Off to the side an ethereal version of the Once Author appeared next to Abalodor. "Mate, I'm sorry. But you should not have done that." He began narrating, and a giant wall appeared, separating Abalodor and Platypus. 

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Eldyn paused for a moment.

"Okay...I'll go."

"Great! Don't worry about them hurting you. As I said, they're all pretty non-violent."

Eldyn and Subversion appear in the middle of the group on Urithiru, which just so happens to also be the middle of the fight.

"This uh, isn't normally how they are." Subversion puts up a shield to block the shockwave from hitting her and Eldyn. "Hey guys! I brought someone new! He's called Eldyn, and he lost his memory."

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Just don't hurt him unnecessarily." Moni turned to eye Subversion and Eldyn. "Who's that she brought with her?"

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

the new guy once again looks around and sees the people who are leaving and goes up to them. "whats going on, help help help tale me anywhere but here

Platypus cuts through the blades. "Abalodor, I will hurt you too. Stop getting in my way."

9 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Cognition is just going to perform a simple illusion on him, something that would easily slip by mental defenses.

Instantly, Platypus did not see anything but darkness, until finally, he saw himself. All alone, in the empty, unforgiving darkness.

Because Vengeance's glow didn't illuminate the darkness, Platypus realized it was an illusion. He re-locked down his mind and Narrated the illusion away, then continued to fight.

9 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author lunged at Drilk, summoning his Authorblade. "My goodness these plots are difficult to keep straight!" He swung his blade, and at the same time used narration to weaken Abalodor's wave. 

Off to the side an ethereal version of the Once Author appeared next to Abalodor. "Mate, I'm sorry. But you should not have done that." He began narrating, and a giant wall appeared, separating Abalodor and Platypus. 

Platypus lunged alongside him. "Yeah, it can be a little frustrating." He thrust his blade into the space that Drilk would need to dodge into.

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Great! Don't worry about them hurting you. As I said, they're all pretty non-violent."

Eldyn and Subversion appear in the middle of the group on Urithiru, which just so happens to also be the middle of the fight.

"This uh, isn't normally how they are." Subversion puts up a shield to block the shockwave from hitting her and Eldyn. "Hey guys! I brought someone new! He's called Eldyn, and he lost his memory."

"Just don't hurt him unnecessarily." Moni turned to eye Subversion and Eldyn. "Who's that she brought with her?"

"When was the last time I hurt someone necessarily?"

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

the new guy managed to jump in, and is currently wimpering.

Abandoning his attack for a moment, Platypus grabs the new guy and throws him to Subversion. "Subsy, make sure he doesn't die, kinda like you're doing with that other newbie!"

Edited by Being of Cacophony

Platypus cuts through the blades. "Abalodor, I will hurt you too. Stop getting in my way."

Because Vengeance's glow didn't illuminate the darkness, Platypus realized it was an illusion. He re-locked down his mind and Narrated the illusion away, then continued to fight.

Platypus lunged alongside him. "Yeah, it can be a little frustrating." He thrust his blade into the space that Drilk would need to dodge into.

"When was the last time I hurt someone necessarily?"

Abandoning his attack for a moment, Platypus grabs the new guy and throws him to Subversion. "Subsy, make sure he doesn't die, kinda like you're doing with that other newbie!"

The illusion reappears and platypus' mental defenses prove to not be enough to stop the illusions.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"one who stays neutral in a time of crisis is worse than being wrong" he speaks, very slowly.

"Yes. But... I don't know. I'm trying to do what I'm supposed to. But It's really hard. Also, I'd rather you not get stabbed by Platypus. And he might stab you."

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk appears in front of Platypus again, along with his ten duplicates. They all lounge at him with their daggers, ignoring the harm that might come to them.

@Being of Cacophonyhere’s your fight. 

The Once Author stares confused at the lounging Drilks. Why would you rest in a fight? He begins to stab at them, seeing what happens.

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"You're trusting me to keep someone alive?" Subversion looked at the new guy. "Hi. What's your name? I'm Subversion, and this other guy is Eldyn." @TheRavenHasLanded

Just now, Nameless* said:

"You're trusting me to keep someone alive?" Subversion looked at the new guy. "Hi. What's your name? I'm Subversion, and this other guy is Eldyn." @TheRavenHasLanded

"Why are they fighting? I thought you said they were friends?"

Eldyn began to feel a vibration at the tips of his fingers.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

The illusion reappears and platypus' mental defenses prove to not be enough to stop the illusions.

Platypus Narrates it away again, then sets up a Narration that will constantly Narrate away any illusions around him.

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

Drilk appears in front of Platypus again, along with his ten duplicates. They all lounge at him with their daggers, ignoring the harm that might come to them.

@Being of Cacophonyhere’s your fight. 

Platypus' aforementioned illusion wipes away the ten duplicates. He grinned. Then he attacked, spinning and backing away, Narrating and Plot weaving, forming a web that was undetectable to all save Narrators.

"I mean, you haven't died yet, and neither has the other one, so it'll probably be fine. Plus it'll keep them out of my way."

1 minute ago, Experience said:

"Why are they fighting? I thought you said they were friends?"

Eldyn began to feel a vibration at the tips of his fingers.

"Νο, Ι said they're normally nonviolent, nice people." Subversion was distracted by all the fighting, preparing a shield in case of stray attacks. "I have no idea what's set them all off like this."

Edited by Nameless*

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"uhhhh- hi you guys? im- uh- i- i- i- im- uh- Sleeper. thats what they call me, anyways."

"Νο, Ι said they're normally nonviolent, nice people." Subversion was distracted by all the fighting. "I have no idea what's set them all off like this."

"They shouldn't be fighting..." Eldyn's voice dropped to a low whisper. "I have to stop it..."

"this is where you make a decision. do it now, or do it never" and he hits the wall, which explodes into tiny fragments.

The Once Author gasped, and put a hand to his chest. He collapses to the ground, dazed. "Good job taking initiative, Abalador." The ghostly version of him puffs away. Then the real Once-Author appears in front of Abalador. He summoned his authorblade. "I guess I'm in charge of stopping you from joining the fray."

Platypus' aforementioned illusion wipes away the ten duplicates

Just so you know, they aren’t illusions, they are duplicates, like clones. They can be killed and don’t have Mordite.

Drilk laughed, ignoring whatever it was Platypus was doing. He had timed his potions perfectly again, his duplicates invisible when Platypus thought them destroyed. He watched as they, invisible to all but him, launched themselves at Platypus in a barrage of black steel and fists.

"uhhhh- hi you guys? im- uh- i- i- i- im- uh- Sleeper. thats what they call me, anyways."

"Hi Sleeper. Nice to me-"

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

"They shouldn't be fighting..." Eldyn's voice dropped to a low whisper. "I have to stop it..."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

sleeper looks over at eldyn. "dont do it." and he taps the back of his head, instantly putting eldyn to sleep, while also draining any residual magic. "yeah, im called sleeper for a reason"

Subversion cut off, looking at Eldyn"Hey. That's not nice Sleeper." Eldyn wakes back up.