The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

33 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus looked up, golden strands reflected in his ever-changing eyes. Then his eyes locked in on the color gold. The gold of his eyes almost made the threads look bronze. "Desolation," he said, speaking in a quiet way that pierced through the noise of the storm. "It is time. Prepare yourself. The reckoning is nigh."

-

Hacob watched Platypus stare down Desolation, then moved, slowly maneuvering behind the villain without him noticing.

"It will be all right Once-Author," Platypus said, stoic for the first time since Thaidakar's death. "Desolation will fall."

Desolation turned to face him, and then spoke. "I am not here for you, platypus, I am here for Hacob."

Desolation split, and another copy stared at Hacob. "So tell me, why would you give Plot Significance to the one who I know the best?"

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor gives a smile. "got it." and points at hacob. "hit them both, lets have some fun."

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolation turned to face him, and then spoke. "I am not here for you, platypus, I am here for Hacob."

Desolation split, and another copy stared at Hacob. "So tell me, why would you give Plot Significance to the one who I know the best?"

“This seems important, Abalodor. Maybe wait a second? Let him make the first move.”

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor gives a smile. "got it." and points at hacob. "hit them both, lets have some fun."

sleeper had ran forward and took a swing at desolation.

Which missed, hitting to stone roofs of Urithiru. 

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“This seems important, Abalodor. Maybe wait a second? Let him make the first move.”

"A wise decision, if I may say so myself." 

22 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Dang it.

“How will we stop Desolation though? They’re practically immortal.”

"I'm an expert in immortal. The word came from my species, after all."

22 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"I'm sure you are not. Unforetunately, I am here for you. I gave it to Hacob to draw you here." Platypus split and interposed the copy in between the other Desolation and Hacob.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Moni drew her Blade, ending the rain around her. "Give it up Desolation. Have you not seen your Ending? I thought Foreshadowing would have shown you."

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ By the way, I should probably explain Falvan's weapon. Basically, the Dreamsmith gave it energy leftover from when Arranis used Character Development on Falvan. Because of that the more developed Falvan becomes as a character, the more personal struggles he overcomes, the more his weapon will develop along with him. It will unfold, and eventually become actually useful in battle. Also he gets to name it once it's fully developed.

Edited by Nameless*

52 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'm an expert in immortal. The word came from my species, after all."

"I'm sure you are not. Unforetunately, I am here for you. I gave it to Hacob to draw you here." Platypus split and interposed the copy in between the other Desolation and Hacob.

"I have no need for you." Desolation slashes at the ground with his Plotblade, drawing out a golden string. "Hacob, on the other hand... he isn't even the problem."

17 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Moni drew her Blade, ending the rain around her. "Give it up Desolation. Have you not seen your Ending? I thought Foreshadowing would have shown you."

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ By the way, I should probably explain Falvan's weapon. Basically, the Dreamsmith gave it energy leftover from when Arranis used Character Development on Falvan. Because of that the more developed Falvan becomes as a character, the more personal struggles he overcomes, the more his weapon will develop along with him. It will unfold, and eventually become actually useful in battle. Also he gets to name it once it's fully developed.

foreshadowing can and has been wrong before and is vague.

"I would never surrender. Who do you think I am?"

50 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor offers the once author some popcorn.

sleeper takes another swing at the first desolation.

He again, hits the ground. He missed by about 6 yards. So close.

sleeper screams in fury, his eyes starting to glow red "do not taunt me you piece of crap" and swings, this time getting a minor hit on desolation, though he does feel a minor (very minor) drop in power. the demon sword grows brighter.

abalodor watches this with minor interest. he eats some more popcorn. "so, hows the weather?"

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded

49 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor watches this with minor interest. he eats some more popcorn. "so, hows the weather?"

“Rainy.” The Once Author says. “Why is this the second time we’ve casually made small talk during an epic battle?”

58 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

sleeper screams in fury, his eyes starting to glow red "do not taunt me you piece of crap" and swings, this time getting a minor hit on desolation, though he does feel a minor (very minor) drop in power. the demon sword grows brighter.

Desolation instantly severs the link to the demon sword, causing it to diminish, and sleeper is instantly punished in ways incomprehensible to you.

sleeper screams in pain, then gets back up and the sword continues glowing. "you gutter-rat-" and runs forward, the demon sword growing into a vicious saber. "no one messes with sleeper and gets away with it. YOU WILL LEARN THE OTHER REASON THEY CALL ME THE SLEEPER"

abalodor eats some more popcorn. "do we help out now? im not quite sure"

Eldyn felt lost.

Like he had been dragged into a war. He didn't belong. So he decided to leave.

Eldyn gathered the spears of darkness into a small sphere, then let his hand absorb it. 

He then shifter into the Shadow Realm.

And remembered.

How had he forgotten everything? It was as clear as light in his mind. 

He never had wanted power. It always came with too much responsibility. But he couldn't undo what was done. Instead, he had to live up to his destiny.

He had to find The Shadowed One.