The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

That was because something weird was going on with Desolation. Either way, he just stood still, glaring with malice at Platypus.

Platypus grinned back. Strangely, he still hadn't moved. Well, his clone hadn't. He was standing directly behind Desolation.

58 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Unintelligible sighs. "Should've asked for a sword, huh? I bet you wouldn't have ignored one of those."

Moni winced. "Please don't joke about stuff like that."

Platypus smirked. "Tell me why later," he said, his voice strangely not coming from his body.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

something big happened. Desolations are chasing down anyone who is on the thread.

i know, I edited the post

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Kilometers grinned. "Don't worry lads, I can tell something big is abouta happen."Then he saw the Desolations. "Well, I was right. Abalodor, your time to whack has come! Once-Author, cover Abalodor. Subversion, you're a Narrator... uh... cover the Once-Author, make sure nothing kills him. Use your Narrationblade and Narration only if you have to. Drilk, if you're on our side, now is the time to prove it."

"How cute." Desolations charged forward, marching in massive lines. 

Just now, Aeoryi said:

"How cute." Desolations charged forward, marching in massive lines. 

Suddenly, over Desolation's head, a blade appeared. It was made of Mordite. Slowly, from the handle of the Blade, Platypus came into view. "Time to die, evildoer," Platypus said grimly. "It is over." He plunged the blade downwards.

Remember, Mordite can kill anything. Just FYI, don't try to have him get stabbed and survive. Also, if you look closely enough, you should be able to see why Platypus is where he is. Have fun! It is visible, and explained, I promise.

23 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I made the nohr-maul blade, and I created a narrationblade."

Cool

21 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Kilometers grinned. "Don't worry lads, I can tell something big is abouta happen."Then he saw the Desolations. "Well, I was right. Abalodor, your time to whack has come! Once-Author, cover Abalodor. Subversion, you're a Narrator... uh... cover the Once-Author, make sure nothing kills him. Use your Narrationblade and Narration only if you have to. Drilk, if you're on our side, now is the time to prove it."

Falvan sat in his armchair. “I guess I get to sit this one out…” However he did drag it to a higher vantage point.

He brought the popcorn.

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Suddenly, over Desolation's head, a blade appeared. It was made of Mordite. Slowly, from the handle of the Blade, Platypus came into view. "Time to die, evildoer," Platypus said grimly. "It is over." He plunged the blade downwards.

Remember, Mordite can kill anything. Just FYI, don't try to have him get stabbed and survive. Also, if you look closely enough, you should be able to see why Platypus is where he is. Have fun! It is visible, and explained, I promise.

I shall explain this in advance. (I did see the white text of him moving). Basically, desolation primary was an illusion. Why? Because Desolation knew they had something that could hurt him badly. It is well foreshadowed that this primary desolation is an illusion (I hope). 1. He has been experimenting with Ilusions ever since he fought Subversion. This is evident because he trapped abalador, uni, and falvan in an illusion, and he has been heading that direction for a while. 2. Desolation wanted platypus to strike him first, just to reveal any hidden cards. He actually tried to mock Platypus into doing this earlier. 3. Desolation was both acting strangely and was having trouble maintaining concentration. This is the biggest hint. It isn't Desolation's style to let the enemy get the first hit. He couldn't focus on making the illsuion do an idle while splitting and retriving nohr-maul blades. 4. It was foreshadowed that Falvan will kill desolation. I am going to say that you'll need to kill the primary desolation (the one with foreshadowing.) in order to kill him in order to make it better climacticly.

and the blade struck thin air. The desolation fizzled and disapperated, turning to a sort of smoke, revealing it was an illusion all along. "Nice try Platypus," An invisible voice sounded from seemingly all around him, "But Subversion taught me a few tricks."

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

It was foreshadowed that Falvan will kill desolation. I am going to say that you'll need to kill the primary desolation (the one with foreshadowing.) in order to kill him in order to make it better climacticly.

I want to clarify that even though it is foreshadowed thusly, Platypus still can kill him. Foreshadowing isn’t always correct.

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I want to clarify that even though it is foreshadowed thusly, Platypus still can kill him. Foreshadowing isn’t always correct.

I gave ooc permission to you only to be able to kill desolation. No other character is "Foreshadowed" or planned to do this

yeah, but I'm ok with Falvan killing him.

I shall explain this in advance. (I did see the white text of him moving). Basically, desolation primary was an illusion. Why? Because Desolation knew they had something that could hurt him badly. It is well foreshadowed that this primary desolation is an illusion (I hope). 1. He has been experimenting with Ilusions ever since he fought Subversion. This is evident because he trapped abalador, uni, and falvan in an illusion, and he has been heading that direction for a while. 2. Desolation wanted platypus to strike him first, just to reveal any hidden cards. He actually tried to mock Platypus into doing this earlier. 3. Desolation was both acting strangely and was having trouble maintaining concentration. This is the biggest hint. It isn't Desolation's style to let the enemy get the first hit. He couldn't focus on making the illsuion do an idle while splitting and retriving nohr-maul blades. 4. It was foreshadowed that Falvan will kill desolation. I am going to say that you'll need to kill the primary desolation (the one with foreshadowing.) in order to kill him in order to make it better climacticly.

and the blade struck thin air. The desolation fizzled and disapperated, turning to a sort of smoke, revealing it was an illusion all along. "Nice try Platypus," An invisible voice sounded from seemingly all around him, "But Subversion taught me a few tricks."

yeah, that's what I guessed. Although, again, Foreshadowing can be unfulfilled. This one should work though.

Platypus cursed, realizing what he feared had happened, had happened. Desolation was being smart. "I could beat Subsy any day of the week, what makes you think I can't beat you?" Internally, his mind was racing. He was rushing, trying to figure out exactly which Desolation needed to be killed in order to kill the rest.

4 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Cool

Falvan sat in his armchair. “I guess I get to sit this one out…” However he did drag it to a higher vantage point.

He brought the popcorn.

"Sorry Falvan, I didn't notice you coming here. Fly overhead and scout, then fight with Abalodor if all seems normal."

I gave ooc permission to you only to be able to kill desolation. No other character is "Foreshadowed" or planned to do this

well... Platypus did plan to do it, but Falvan can kill him.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

yeah, but I'm ok with Falvan killing him.

yeah, that's what I guessed. Although, again, Foreshadowing can be unfulfilled. This one should work though.

Platypus cursed, realizing what he feared had happened, had happened. Desolation was being smart. "I could beat Subsy any day of the week, what makes you think I can't beat you?" Internally, his mind was racing. He was rushing, trying to figure out exactly which Desolation needed to be killed in order to kill the rest.

"Sorry Falvan, I didn't notice you coming here. Fly overhead and scout, then fight with Abalodor if all seems normal."

well... Platypus did plan to do it, but Falvan can kill him.

"I won in a battle against Subversion too." Desolation's omnipresent voice sounded, "Nice mordite blade as well, platypus. Try not to stab the wrong person or unleash a primal force this time."

Desolation's uncanny substance flew everywhere in the storm. "I will make this entertaining for you, platypus."

A golden plotblade streaked forward, guided by a ribbon of unseen force.

"I won in a battle against Subversion too." Desolation's omnipresent voice sounded, "Nice mordite blade as well, platypus. Try not to stab the wrong person or unleash a primal force this time."

Desolation's uncanny substance flew everywhere in the storm. "I will make this entertaining for you, platypus."

A golden plotblade streaked forward, guided by a ribbon of unseen force.

"Won? I saw that battle, and you didn't win. You didn't lose, but you most certainly did not win." Platypus drew Vengeance, letting his Narrationblade dissolve and reform on his belt. Then he slashed at the blade, trapping it between Plotblade and Mordite.

Falvan flew up above the fight. He saw all the Desolations climbing Urithiru. This is all my fault. Why did I take the blade? I knew there would be consequences. I knew Desolation would come. He realized though that one of these Desolations would be real. He also realized that Desolation was powerful. But not powerful enough to hold all these copies without focus. He started scanning them for a copy that was differently behaving.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Eldyn found himself in a shrine in the Shadow Realm. It had been constructed centuries ago by one of his ancestors. 

One couldn't usually live in the Shadow Realm for very long, as there was nowhere to find food or water. There were a few shifters who lived most of their lives in the Shadow Realm and shifted back to reality only for the necessities. But there were a select few who could survive solely on shadows. And so they thrived. 

The only problem was that they were really really good at hiding. It was good for their survival of course. It wasn't helping with Eldyn's task at hand. Finding the Shadowed One. He had a name, though nobody knew what it was. 

Well, almost nobody. There was always one shifter alive that was granted this burden. Eldyn had been promised he wasn't worthy, but has obviously been lied to. He knew he would never find Climax on his own. But somewhere in his not-memories he knew of someone who could help him.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Won? I saw that battle, and you didn't win. You didn't lose, but you most certainly did not win." Platypus drew Vengeance, letting his Narrationblade dissolve and reform on his belt. Then he slashed at the blade, trapping it between Plotblade and Mordite.

"It gave me the spark I needed."

Foreshadowing glistened in the light of Vegeance. Instead of blocking, the blade clattered to the ground before being picked up by some tiny force, before vanishing. A narrationblade came flying at him from above, cutting directly down.

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Falvan flew up above the fight. He saw all the Desolations climbing Urithiru. This is all my fault. Why did I take the blade? I knew there would be consequences. I knew Desolation would come. He realized though that one of these Desolations would be real. He also realized that Desolation was powerful. But not powerful enough to hold all these copies without focus. He started scanning them for a copy that was differently behaving.

Each one of the Desolations responded to the scanning the same. They were each a secondary part of desolation, and not an illusion. Killing one would make no difference. 

Each one of the desolations was a fraction of a whole, but lacked sentience, instead being fueled by a golden strand.

Is the plotbalde making the strands?

Relatively. It's more of a standard thing where direction conducts as a golden strand in inklings. They each have a Nohr-maul blade, and that is tying them to Desolation's whole introcognition and metaforms.

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"It gave me the spark I needed."

Foreshadowing glistened in the light of Vegeance. Instead of blocking, the blade clattered to the ground before being picked up by some tiny force, before vanishing. A narrationblade came flying at him from above, cutting directly down.

Each one of the Desolations responded to the scanning the same. They were each a secondary part of desolation, and not an illusion. Killing one would make no difference. 

Each one of the desolations was a fraction of a whole, but lacked sentience, instead being fueled by a golden strand.

The Narrationblade glanced off of Platypus' head as he ignored it. It continued downward into the ground. He took the opportunity to strike with his Blades on either side of where the blade had come from while letting his Narrationblade drop and kicking it blade first into the space between the other blades.

GTG to bed now, sorry

Edited by Being of Cacophony

51 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“Seems like a good time to pick a side,” Drilk said, pulling out his Mordite dagger. He wielded it alongside a regular dagger. “I’ll fight against Desolation, Death will punish  me if I’m wrong and reward me if I’m right, I’ll know soon enough.”

@Aeoryi, how does Mordite affect inklings?

Relatively. It's more of a standard thing where direction conducts as a golden strand in inklings. They each have a Nohr-maul blade, and that is tying them to Desolation's whole introcognition and metaforms.

Can you explain all of it again? I just want to understand.

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“Seems like a good time to pick a side,” Drilk said, pulling out his Mordite dagger. He wielded it alongside a regular dagger. “I’ll fight against Desolation, Death will punish  me if I’m wrong and reward me if I’m right, I’ll know soon enough.”

It dies. I do know that.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

2 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Kilometers grinned. "If any of you complete what I've told you to do, come back to me. I've been planning with Platypus for this case, though it's a little worse than we expected."

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Can you explain all of it again? I just want to understand.

i think what's happening is that the Nohr Maul blade is Connecting all of them and it is allowing each to be sustained by a thread of Foreshadowing. Am I right Aeo?

3 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Most blows by Mordite will kill anything.

Edited by Being of Cacophony