The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The Narrationblade glanced off of Platypus' head as he ignored it. It continued downward into the ground. He took the opportunity to strike with his Blades on either side of where the blade had come from while letting his Narrationblade drop and kicking it blade first into the space between the other blades.

The narrationblade did hit something. it was very son gone. 

4 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

“Seems like a good time to pick a side,” Drilk said, pulling out his Mordite dagger. He wielded it alongside a regular dagger. “I’ll fight against Desolation, Death will punish  me if I’m wrong and reward me if I’m right, I’ll know soon enough.”

@Aeoryi, how does Mordite affect inklings?

Basically if you hit their alphaform - the main part of their fluid body that they possess it'll instantly kill them Anything else will just make the liquid more viscious anf disconnct it from their metaform - the entirity of the inkling fluid body.

4 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Can you explain all of it again? I just want to understand.

Essentially desolation has a bunch of nohr-maul blades that he is using to arm his secondary forms. The golden strand comes from foreshadowing and gives them hope.

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Kilometers grinned. "If any of you complete what I've told you to do, come back to me. I've been planning with Platypus for this case, though it's a little worse than we expected."

i think what's happening is that the Nohr Maul blade is Connecting all of them and it is allowing each to be sustained by a thread of Foreshadowing. Am I right Aeo?

Most blows by Mordite will kill anything.

Similar. Each desolation copy has a nohr maul blade.

7 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

most blows will kill it, only very minor hits won't.

7 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

What if it isn’t a killing blow, just a wounding one?

Wounding blows won't necessarily kill. They will cause very serious injuries that are basically impossible to heal, but they are survivable for someone like a Narrator. It's only an auto-kill if the blade hits the core of one's being.

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Desolation spoke softly, "The thing is, I have foreshadowing. I held change. I made the nohr-maul blade, and I created a narrationblade."

Desolation turned to face Unintelligable, then spoke, "But did you never consider, ever, that I would never just make one Narrator killing blade?"

Dark gooey figures started to climb over the side of Urithiru, each carrying a familiar dark blade. The nohr-maul blade. 

"They have legends," Desolation with foreshadowing yelled, "That the Nohr-maul blade was from one soldier of an army of these soldiers. They say that when the army left, they took their blades with them. Now you see who the army is."

All the desolations formed a perimeter around everyone in Urithiru, and more desolations joined them.

"Now, and only now," Desolation with foreshadowing shouted, "I am truely awakened."

The blades of desolation's army charged forwards carried by their coalescent goop.

Unintelligible began mowing down Desolations, bullets leaving lines of light in their wake as he fires repeatedly.

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper shot forward, ripping a gash through desolations leg, stealing energy from him.

"dunno, but we maybe should join in." abalodor says. @Ancient Elantrian

“Yeah, probably.” The Once Author said. 

8 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

The narrationblade did hit something. it was very son gone. 

Basically if you hit their alphaform - the main part of their fluid body that they possess it'll instantly kill them Anything else will just make the liquid more viscious anf disconnct it from their metaform - the entirity of the inkling fluid body.

Essentially desolation has a bunch of nohr-maul blades that he is using to arm his secondary forms. The golden strand comes from foreshadowing and gives them hope.

Similar. Each desolation copy has a nohr maul blade.

The Narrationblade or the thing it hit? Cause Narrationblades aren't actually made of Narration and thus couldn't be absorbed.

Platypus let the blade fade back to his belt, then decided that this was doing nothing. He jumped off the roof, and began killing Desolations, moving with such grace that some of their weapons would come within hairs of his skin, never hitting him. He dispatched Desolation after Desolation, searching to find the one that would be the last.

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalodor runs forward. "COVER ME"

Sleeper pulls up a small orb of crackling energy and lights his sword on fire.

The Once Author covers him, summoning his Authorblade, prepared to fight.

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper gets out of his stupor and sprints toward platypus. "im doing my best, but there are just too many"

He nearly gets impaled as Platypus keeps up the attack. "Keep fighting. It'll be ok. Have Subsy back you up if you need it."

7 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Just you, I think." Everyone said. "I'm not the best with names."

"Then how did you not make the connection. I don't look that different."

"alright, im going" and creates a path for himself to go through. "how many more?"

abalodor is slicing desolations in half, and his cloak begins to glow violet, including his eyes. "ooooohhhh im feeling the challenge. ive mastered a bastard before, ill do it today as well"

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded